Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

4 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Gee, no fucking shit, Fossa.

Its almost like no one here said it was all furries or that this is exclusively a problem with this fandom.

Never said they did. Still and all, I'm more scared of priests and republicans than furries, any day. :V

If anything Republicans have an even more difficult problem in admitting to such things happening; just look at the current groper in chief...or Foley, or Hastert, or the most recent Gov. of Alabama who finally was forced to step down...in many ways, furs seem more likely to see there's a problem.

• Like 1

Parents who brush off their child's swearing as "He doesn't understand what it means,"

Like, you told him that grownups don't have to follow rules and he just looked you dead in the eye, with all the spite he could muster on his tiny child face, and said "That's bullshit!"

I think he understands what he said pretty perfectly. 

• Like 1

How people are so fine to praise mediocrity. I read a lot of comics. I write reviews for them. Most comics are bad or just okay. Everyone loses their shit because Batman is Batman apparently, even though there hasn't been a good Batman book in like a year.

New Wolfenstein game is fine. The gunplay is kind of boring, but it's at least competent. It's fine.

Everyone loses their shit because HOLY FUCK I KILL NAZIS IT IS FUN BEST GAME!

Not everyone is either A+ or F-. Things can be in the goddamn middle. Most things are. It's why it's average.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conker said:

How people are so fine to praise mediocrity. I read a lot of comics. I write reviews for them. Most comics are bad or just okay. Everyone loses their shit because Batman is Batman apparently, even though there hasn't been a good Batman book in like a year.

New Wolfenstein game is fine. The gunplay is kind of boring, but it's at least competent. It's fine.

Everyone loses their shit because HOLY FUCK I KILL NAZIS IT IS FUN BEST GAME!

Not everyone is either A+ or F-. Things can be in the goddamn middle. Most things are. It's why it's average.

I want a new Conker game with Chris Seavor at the helm.

Wikis for webcomics that recount each thing that happens in said comic step-by-step, in full detail.

If you're gonna read all that shit, why not just read the story?
I thought that was kind of the point of it.

• Like 1

Why my method to answer this question wasn't correct.

1. Estimate the minimum group spacing that will yield directly coupled multigroup equations for C12 

(Also my teacher stole the question from another textbook anyway (I know this because I have that textbook))

17 minutes ago, U-235 said:

1. Estimate the minimum group spacing that will yield directly coupled multigroup equations for C12 

(Also my teacher stole the question from another textbook anyway (I know this because I have that textbook))

Just realized I was being stupid and the answer was E'=((A-1)/(A+1))^2*E=alphaE

I over complicated that a bit too much......again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 9:17 AM, Chaosmasterdelta said:

Why can't Data use contractions in Star Trek?

Dr. Soong blew all of his money developing Lore. When the development cycled turned over to Data, corners had to be cut. One of the corners was cut with the default language pack from an old copy of Microsoft Word Soong found in his desk drawer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2017 at 1:21 AM, U-235 said:

On 10/31/2017 at 1:40 AM, U-235 said:

Just realized I was being stupid and the answer was E'=((A-1)/(A+1))^2*E=alphaE

I over complicated that a bit too much......again.

45691.jpg.b1f1cfc73101d76a3a1fd79e2cb916b4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2017 at 2:38 PM, Gator said:

what is a "nonbinary boy" like how can you be both? 

In the same vein,  how someone who is not dysphoric, has no desire to transition and is comfortable using the pronoun assigned to their birth sex feel like they belong in the transgender community because they "reject gender roles". Do they not realize that's a little insulting? Gender identity isn't about roles. You're not trans because you're a girl who hates wearing dresses.

On 12/6/2017 at 12:38 PM, Gator said:

what is a "nonbinary boy" like how can you be both? 

53 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

In the same vein,  how someone who is not dysphoric, has no desire to transition and is comfortable using the pronoun assigned to their birth sex feel like they belong in the transgender community because they "reject gender roles". Do they not realize that's a little insulting? Gender identity isn't about roles. You're not trans because you're a girl who hates wearing dresses.

There's a name for this sort of thing.

nkjnjknj.PNG.b7ae1d289952f1dd9bba4c1e83ab3693.PNG

• Like 3

what the hell this jackass in the grocery store parking lot was doing

I pulled into one of the aisles and this guy was just starting to back out. It's one of those parking lots with the angled spaces so you can basically only go one way when you back out, and this guy would end up facing me if he kept going.

So he looked right at me and kept backing out. Then he sat in the middle of the aisle, blocking all traffic, and just stared at me.

I kept inching forward and he started backing up and stopping repeatedly but never actually moving out of the fucking way.

and then he threw his hands up like was the idiot here.

1508457471629.gif.e98dfe3f8369b1c5d6c0e220e24ff136.gif

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Chaosmasterdelta said:

I dont understand why some people just shit whenever and on whatever toilet that happens to be closest to them instead of having a set scedual for that sort of thing.

Dinner plans? Let me check my schedule sarah. Sorry, that's pooping time, nobody interrupts pooping time. But... Steve, can't you just do that at the restaurant? no, I have a date with the public toilet down from city hall, you wouldn't understand.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 11:58 PM, Chaosmasterdelta said:

I dont understand why some people just shit whenever and on whatever toilet that happens to be closest to them instead of having a set scedual for that sort of thing.

How do you manage to set schedules for when your enema decide to play a song of its people?

Please, teach me the secret pooping techniques. :V

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Why I have the tendency to leave all social media every few months and then crawl back like a mentally deranged man looking for water in a desert.

A lot of people probably think I hate them due to my sporadic behavior :/ 

It's nice to see you again!

• Like 1

Why people feel the need to make vague posts about bullshit going on in their personal lives. As opposed to actually discussing it or keeping it private, they go the route of doing a halfway thing that defeats the purpose of either. They're not gonna air out their dirty laundry but they're gonna make sure everyone knows "someone" shit the sheets last night. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Red Lion said:

Why people feel the need to make vague posts about bullshit going on in their personal lives. As opposed to actually discussing it or keeping it private, they go the route of doing a halfway thing that defeats the purpose of either. They're not gonna air out their dirty laundry but they're gonna make sure everyone knows "someone" shit the sheets last night. 

It's the epitome of high school tier baiting for attention.

On 3/11/2018 at 4:29 PM, Red Lion said:

They're not posting for you.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the readers take the posts more seriously than the poster. Besides, some could say that name-dropping is more petty than just putting a out a short post.

Then there's also as Tsuujou said: they could just be baiting for attention. 

Unless you're part of that person's family or inner circle, you shouldn't really worry about it.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 6:29 AM, Red Lion said:

I always find those posts irritating and if it's about me it makes me want to continue doing whatever they're complaining about out of spite.

Ok guys, so... Cultural Appropriation.

I mean yes, I get it, this can be bad - like if Martin Luther was depicted as a white guy in a movie, and I get that it's bad taste these days to put on blackface makeup. But there again....

I see comments about young white girls dressing up as Moana being 'racist' because of cultural appropriation - I mean they're SIX for goodness' sake. On odd occasions, I'm accused of being racist for wearing an African Dashiki (which my Ghanaian girlfriend bought for me!) And there again, isn't segregation and apartheid a bad thing? Al Jolson put on blackface makeup to show solidarity with black performers who were marginalised on the stage, and was an active campaigner for inclusionism. It's not something you'd do today, but in context it makes sense.

I'd have thought that honest emulation would be a sign of respect, if it's not done in a spirit of mockery. The more different cultures understand each other, the better they'll get along, so why must we be discouraged from getting involved in cultural exchange? It's not enough to invoke the word 'Colonialism' for me. I'm a xenophile, I love foreign cultures, customs and legends. I'd just like to know that I could, for example, learn to perform a Maori-style Haka without being accused of a hate crime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Faust said:

Ok guys, so... Cultural Appropriation.

I mean yes, I get it, this can be bad - like if Martin Luther was depicted as a white guy in a movie

Everything else aside, this isn't cultural appropriation. This is race bending.

I see comments about young white girls dressing up as Moana being 'racist' because of cultural appropriation - I mean they're SIX for goodness' sake. On odd occasions, I'm accused of being racist for wearing an African Dashiki (which my Ghanaian girlfriend bought for me!) And there again, isn't segregation and apartheid a bad thing? Al Jolson put on blackface makeup to show solidarity with black performers who were marginalised on the stage, and was an active campaigner for inclusionism. It's not something you'd do today, but in context it makes sense.

I'd have thought that honest emulation would be a sign of respect, if it's not done in a spirit of mockery. The more different cultures understand each other, the better they'll get along, so why must we be discouraged from getting involved in cultural exchange? It's not enough to invoke the word 'Colonialism' for me. I'm a xenophile, I love foreign cultures, customs and legends. I'd just like to know that I could, for example, learn to perform a Maori-style Haka without being accused of a hate crime.

The concept of cultural appropriation is segregationist as fuck anyway. Like every race is supposed to just stay in its own lane, and god have mercy on you if you decide to use a pair of chopsticks in a sushi restaurant because they're designed for that purpose.
But they're Asian in origin, so hands off, white scumbags!

It's just more shit for spoiled college kids to bitch about because they have no real injustices that either apply to them specifically, or that they actually want to put in the effort of doing something meaningful about.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with anti-abortion/pro-lifers inherently. I don't agree with them at all, but they can have their belief. I do understand where it comes from I just don't buy into it. What I don't get are the people who try to undermine gun control...with the counterpoint that we still have abortion. 

I don't find the two comparable and what the point is in trying to undermine the movements to keep our children from being murdered during class.

1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

I don't have a problem with anti-abortion/pro-lifers inherently. I don't agree with them at all, but they can have their belief. I do understand where it comes from I just don't buy into it. What I don't get are the people who try to undermine gun control...with the counterpoint that we still have abortion. 

I don't find the two comparable and what the point is in trying to undermine the movements to keep our children from being murdered during class.

I don't know about you, but I personally will not be satisfied until I'm legally allowed to give myself abortions with guns.

Wake up, America.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I think a better analogy would be the Muslim ban. If it's okay to punish millions of law-abiding citizens who have never shot anything but paper and beer cans with their AR-15s because a statistical rounding error's worth of people shoot up schools, then there should be nothing at all wrong with deporting all Muslims and banning the rest from entering just because a statistical rounding error's worth of Muslims decide to go out with a bang.

Although I'm damn sure oppose gun control if it's stupid as shit, i.e. "ban all semiautomatic weapons" (aka 98% of all pistols and rifles in circulation). You can't just start busting holes in the wall with your hammer just because you can't find the nail.

1 hour ago, Victor-933 said:

I think a better analogy would be the Muslim ban. If it's okay to punish millions of law-abiding citizens who have never shot anything but paper and beer cans with their AR-15s because a statistical rounding error's worth of people shoot up schools, then there should be nothing at all wrong with deporting all Muslims and banning the rest from entering just because a statistical rounding error's worth of Muslims decide to go out with a bang.

Although I'm damn sure oppose gun control if it's stupid as shit, i.e. "ban all semiautomatic weapons" (aka 98% of all pistols and rifles in circulation). You can't just start busting holes in the wall with your hammer just because you can't find the nail.

Use a nail-gun you filthy commie.