Pop tarts

Nova

I see...you must be educated on the simple greatness that is, the pop tart

*ahem*

A popped tart is a cheap but strangely satisfying pastry that is brought and is contained within shiny packaging. They come in many flavors though the most preferable is strawberry by the masses. i however enjoy hot fudge sundae, brown sugar cinnamon and raw cookie dough.

Shit taste good. It's cheap tasting enough to make you feel kinda meh about yourself but when you're done with it, you're like "I think I made a good choice"....least that's how it effects ME >.>

You enjoy them 2 ways: Put them in the toaster like the packaging would suggest OR eat them right out of the package. Don't toast it. Leave that fancy toasting shit for the toaster strudel :P

• Like 3

They tasted good when you put them in the toaster for a short amount of time, just eat them quickly after toasting them or they are kinda meh.

Without toasting they are good. Their filling is quite enjoyable, though the pastry I could give or take. The frosting is quite good. They are enjoyable snacks.

6 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

They tasted good when you put them in the toaster for a short amount of time, just eat them quickly after toasting them or they are kinda meh.

Without toasting they are good. Their filling is quite enjoyable, though the pastry I could give or take. The frosting is quite good. They are enjoyable snacks.

What did I JUST say about toasting them?! >:c you fancy or somethin?

Ehh... I didn't think they were good. I was expecting something better. The pastry was really dense and seemed kind of like a REALLY bad biscuit, the filling was unremarkable (and there was not a lot of it).

Not worth the calories IMO. I got 2 packs, the strawberry and the chocolate, and never finished either pack. Just get a doughnut or something =)

• Like 1

These became rare in the UK after being on sale in most places. Only the strawberry and chocolate ones came over.

if you are going to toast them do so for no more than 15 seconds as the sugar goo inside has a fine line between being cold, warm and hot enough to spot weld things with. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Antumbra said:

The brown sugar & cinnamon pop tart is the only flavor that should be bothered with.

The Orange Crush soda ones can go to hell.

I agree with the second point, and the brown sugar/cinnamon is my favorite, but sometimes I just need the chocolate one with chocolate sprinkles and chocolate icing and chocolate filling ;-;

On 11/10/2016 at 3:25 PM, Nova said:

So i was browsing in youtube and daw a video of a food called Pop tart.

Its so kind of cake thing that is flat with frosting and filling.

We dont have that in austria.

Does somebody here knows how it tastes like?

I am a glutton:D

I made this thread because we need sweet and happy things in 2016.

They're horrible.  I used to eat them cold in boy scouts on camp outs.  It's basically lousy pasty with the most minimum of filling.  Oh, and extremely unhealthy.  

To describe the fruit ones; eh, the pastry on it's own is vaguely sweet and salty, like a very dense, shitty, knockoff white flour digestive, but they still manage to make crumbs like an ant colony's wet dream come true. The filing is pure sugar, mysteriously jellied with lots of food coloring and a hint of "fruit" flavoring. The icing is a hard layer of plain candy that shatters, and will not melt when heated. the sprinkles are flavorless, dense crumbs of pure color and probably corn starch.

Eaten cold, nasty. But in the toaster for a hot minute, then broken lengthwise and dunked in cold milk? Diabetes made easy.

For reference though, they are still given out in public schools in government-approved/purchased meals in the US, and are somewhere around 500cal a package. Childhood obesity is a serious issue over here, but they're still marketed as a healthy breakfast option. Yeah.