Did something kinda stupid last night

VGmaster9

I was on my way home from a CZW (Combat Zone Wrestling) show and I needed to get something to eat, because the food stand that the arena it was in was closed. I went to a McDonalds and went at the drive thru. I ordered a root beer with my meal, but they didn't have it, so instead I ordered an orange Hi-C. Even though I said Hi-C, it instead said Diet Coke on the screen. That's where I raised my voice a little telling the person on the speaker that I wanted a Hi-C, putting her on edge (she exactly said "I'm sorry, I'm changing it, how about that").

I didn't mean to raise my voice, but when I saw Diet Coke on the screen I was instantly reminded of the other time when I was given a Diet Coke instead of a regular Coke (same place). That was like the first time in my whole life I have snapped while having a wrong order. More than likely it was just an accident and she hit the wrong button, all I felt was a jolt at that instance. I've had other times that I didn't realize I was given a completely wrong order until I went to my home or my workplace, and had to go all the way back and tell them the correct order. I didn't scream or demand my money back, just politely told them.

I realize that those people have to put up with bad customers day in and day out, but there also exists bad customer service. Still, I felt like a total asshole for what I did, cause I know I'm better than that.

If raising your voice makes you think you're a bad customer, well, there are "customers" willing to throw a baby tantrum for receiving a wrong order, not getting a refund or "the right kind of service" for them

I'm sure whoever was serving you shook your raise of voice off within an hour and you got your meal just the way you ordered (I assume)

7 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

If raising your voice makes you think you're a bad customer, well, there are "customers" willing to throw a baby tantrum for receiving a wrong order, not getting a refund or "the right kind of service" for them

I'm sure whoever was serving you shook your raise of voice off within an hour and you got your meal just the way you ordered (I assume)

Believe me, I'm totally above those kinds of customers. And yes, I got it the way I ordered

7 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

Did you apologize, or say thank you when she fixed it? We all slip up from time to time, but sometimes it's easy to fix it with a kind word.

I was going to at the window, but I didn't see her.

• Like 1

Far worse things can happen to you when working at a fast food restaurant. 

I had to pull a bloody tampon out of a ceiling panel in a women's restroom once and I've lost count of how how many gallons of piss I've had to mop up a in the men's room.

Those people will get far worse than someone snapping at them over an order.

Never get a job where you have to work with customers, folks.

• Like 2

Its fine, at least you didn't put your car in park, rage into the store with a screencap of it on your phone, and demand to see a manager so you could get your entire meal free or you'd keep holding up the line outside.

People like that exist, and they disgust me.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

Its fine, at least you didn't put your car in park, rage into the store with a screencap of it on your phone, and demand to see a manager so you could get your entire meal free or you'd keep holding up the line outside.

Or call 911 to complain about it.

People like that exist as well. :c

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

Tell me about it. There was one video of one worker who told his experience with one customer who was taking a sip of his drink, said "This wasn't what I ordered", then threw the cup at him, On top of that, he took the top half of his burger, then smashed it on the guy's face.

Also, here's a classic video.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

*sips her Coke Zero while she continues to have a hoard of Passover Coke and Mexican Coke hidden in the kitchen that she refuses to open until an event 'Special Enough' comes around* :P

I didn't think there was anyone else out there who likes Coke Zero #CokeZeroFan :P....granted I like Pepsi Max as well >__> <__<

I've always been curious as to what mexican coke is like but I don't believe thats something you can get in the UK :S

32 minutes ago, Naesaki said:

I didn't think there was anyone else out there who likes Coke Zero #CokeZeroFan :P....granted I like Pepsi Max as well >__> <__<

I've always been curious as to what mexican coke is like but I don't believe thats something you can get in the UK :S

Diet Coke is different cola recipe, rather than just Coke with an artificial sweetener as many assume it to be, where as Coke Zero is a lot closer to the formulation of Coke so I prefer it.  I had gained like 75lbs in two years or so from 2013-2015 and so I cut out a lot of the 'easy calories' like pop with sugar in it while also doing other calorie restriction.  so that 75lb gain has come down by 55+lbs so far.  When I work up to 15hrs a day in some cases, I still need my caffeine fix.

Also, if you want to try Coke with 'real sugar' in it (Not that HFCS isn't 'real sugar') look for Passover Coke during or in the couple of weeks prior to Passover, though you'll likely have to look in a more Jewish community.  While all Coca-Cola is kosher and you'll find a kosher mark on every bottle and can, corn is not considered 'Kitniyot' and acceptable for consumption during Passover, so many Jews do not consume High Fructose Corn Syrup products during Passover.  As a result, Cola-Cola made without HFCS and marked for Passover is sold around that time.  I live in a very Jewish community so I was able to stock up on bottles from my every day big box grocery store in the neighborhood.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Diet Coke is different cola recipe, rather than just Coke with an artificial sweetener as many assume it to be, where as Coke Zero is a lot closer to the formulation of Coke so I prefer it.  I had gained like 75lbs in two years or so from 2013-2015 and so I cut out a lot of the 'easy calories' like pop with sugar in it while also doing other calorie restriction.  so that 75lb gain has come down by 55+lbs so far.  When I work up to 15hrs a day in some cases, I still need my caffeine fix.

Also, if you want to try Coke with 'real sugar' in it (Not that HFCS isn't 'real sugar') look for Passover Coke during or in the couple of weeks prior to Passover, though you'll likely have to look in a more Jewish community.  While all Coca-Cola is kosher and you'll find a kosher mark on every bottle and can, corn is not considered 'Kitniyot' and acceptable for consumption during Passover, so many Jews do not consume High Fructose Corn Syrup products during Passover.  As a result, Cola-Cola made without HFCS and marked for Passover is sold around that time.  I live in a very Jewish community so I was able to stock up on bottles from my every day big box grocery store in the neighborhood.

Holy shit, I didn't know coke made Passover friendly drinks, that's awesome! There's not  a lot of Jewish families around here though. Lots of German ones. We have Fanta, but not Jews.

:V

• Like 1

8 hours ago, littlerock said:

There's not  a lot of Jewish families around here though. Lots of German ones.

I wonder if there's a correlation there... Too soon?

Probably wasn't that big of a deal, but an apology would've been good anyway. Even though I don't show my anger very easily in public, I'm still afraid of even bugging fast food workers in case they do something to my food. Gotta love being paranoid about everything.

• Like 1

wait so you raised your voice a little to tell her she put in the wrong order and she got a snippy attitude with you?  and they have a history of getting orders wrong at this place?  am i reading this right because that doesn't sound like something you should feel bad about.  i mean, maybe if you added "you lazy cow" to the end of your sentence and she burst into tears or something, i could understand, but... kinda just sounds like you encountered some shitty customer service. 

• Like 4

It didn't happen.

I was just making a joke about Welsh people being sheep f***ers

In retrospect it might not be the best joke by being too cultural (In Australia its the New Zealands who screw sheep, in New Zealand its the Australians, in America... I don't even know...)