Tablet drawing on the go

AyGee

Gonna keep this brief, since it's a relatively simple yet demanding question:  What's a good option for digital drawing on the go?  I ask because I'm in the house usually for just long enough to eat and sleep, and now that six day work weeks seem to be a regular thing with my one day off already occupied... well... I just about can't draw anymore.

What I'd like it something with a VERY small footprint, high accuracy, and stupid-fast boot up times.  We're talking BAM *scribble for five seconds* BAM *put away* BAM *take it out thirty seconds later to scribble for a minute* BAM *away again*- and drawing just as well as one would with a proper graphic tablet and computer.  Using a desktop setup at home is a luxury that's getting quite rare for me anymore unless I want it to cut into my sleep, so I'm kind of scraping for solutions here.

12 minutes ago, AyGee said:

We're talking BAM *scribble for five seconds* BAM *put away* BAM *take it out thirty seconds later to scribble for a minute* BAM *away again*- and drawing just as well as one would with a proper graphic tablet and computer. 

belize-toilet-paper.jpg

Just roll out this ipapyrus and let the imagination flow.

- Hight resolution;

- Cheap;

- Autonomous;

- Mobile;

- Multitasking;

Perfect for long comics format. 

• Like 3

It's not quite what you're looking for, buy the sounds of it, but have you considered a boogie board? Otherwise I'd say acquire a cheapo Android tablet, root and mod at your leisure, throw programs at it, and grab a stylus. Maybe even a Kindle fire would work, yeah? I dunno. I take a laptop and a fucking intuos 3 medium with me when I travel, so maybe I'm not the best person to dispense knowledge on this front.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would say a Samsung Note (their stylus system is even a wacom technology) but those kind of explode. You might be able to nab one of the older versions, though. They'd probably even be cheaper right now. The Note 3 I have came with Autodesk drawing software capable of taking advantage of the stylus' pressure sensitivity and supported layers and most the basic stuff you expect in a decent drawing program.

• Like 1

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/hp-2760p-core-i5-2-5ghz-6144mb-500gb-12-1-w7hp64-cam-1yr-wrt/286668802.html?listingId=515364749&sclid=pla_google_Joy+Systems&adid=29963&gclid=CN-W89SR3NACFZBXDQod0xECgg

Handy little cheap unit.

On 2016-12-02 at 8:17 AM, DrGravitas said:

I would say a Samsung Note (their stylus system is even a wacom technology) but those kind of explode. You might be able to nab one of the older versions, though. They'd probably even be cheaper right now. The Note 3 I have came with Autodesk drawing software capable of taking advantage of the stylus' pressure sensitivity and supported layers and most the basic stuff you expect in a decent drawing program.

My note reminds me every now and then that it doesn't have a pen anymore. Been gone for months now, no idea where it went. :/

• Like 1