Where did your Username come from?

Sidewalk Surfboard

I tend to use different user names in different fandoms. One for the shooting sports, one for jeeps and tech, one for general internet noise, and one for Furry.    That said, I wanted a simple, single word name that when googled, wouldn't easily tie back to anything I may have posted in another forum on another fandom.   I didn't want anything cartoony or mythical, nor did I want a play on words (like Don Coyote) so i started looking at my and my fursona's attributes.    Gregarious was a good fit, but didn't make much sense as a user name.....but irreverent was a lock.

Irreverent is an ancient otter, but its also his (and mine) state of mind, 99% of the time.   I can find humour in anything, even if its dark humour.  That humour, and and a healthy lack of respect for authority is our both our weapon and our shield.

Edited by Irreverent
  • Like 1

Got it from this guy in an episode of Doctor Who called "Pyramids of Mars":

So I called myself Sutekh_the_Destroyer on a Doctor Who forum I joined in 2011, where you couldn't use spaces so hence the underscores. When I joined FAF I couldn't be bothered to make up a new one so I just used that again.

Then on a Skype group I was part of which was entirely FAF users, a guy called Seekrit/Loaf (anyone remember him? He was Irish I think if that rings a bell) started nicknaming me Steak because it looked a bit like Sutekh. I changed my Skype name to Sutekh_the_Steak for a joke but I actually ended up liking it, so I kept it that way and now I'm using it as my username here and on Weasyl too.

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak
  • Like 1

My name in the fandom is the end result of an inside joke brought upon by my discovery of a meme associated with my 'sona's species, the black scaleless dragon fish.

grEP7j9.png

My friend and I had a laugh, and from then on I was called the Senpai-Fish.  The ironic part is I'm not a huge anime fan, but at least now whenever someone yells 'NOTICE ME SENPAI' I have a reason to run with the joke.

I have two usernames that I usually alternate between. 

Ansitru (the one that everyone always spells wrong) is a derivative of the older version (Ansitruda) of my irl-name.

Hardrockangel is a name that I picked ... oof, some 10 years ago I think? I like metal and I was big into drawing angels, so... yeah.

My name is Lucius, so its natural I had it as such haha!

The name means "light-bearer", something I am quite fond of as I'd like to remain in the light and stay positive.

You could also find me by the name Weiss, meaning "white", "light", or "pure". Names are just names though! ;-D

Mine comes from the title of a song performed by a Pagan folk group. It's the fudging of some Gaelic and Celtic words to form one. The song in question is one that has become an important part of my routine when it comes to my art.

Sidhe near Lahi.

Sidhe, pronounced Shee, means Fey. Near is just near, though in this instance it's usually pronounced 'Nayr'. Lahi, pronounced la-hee, is a place name.

So, Shee-nayr-la-hee.- "The Fey near Lahi."

An inside joke between me and my mom. She'd always joke around about how she created a monster.

I'd correct her and say "No, you created a devilishly handsome monster" 

Devilishly handsome put together just had a nice sound to it. People started calling me "Dev" or "Devil" for short and it just stuck :3

The "49" part is simple. 4 and 9 are my favorite numbers

• Like 1

I always went by Wolf-something online before furrydom. During Deviantart time I ended up with the secondary part of the name as a final product-Night. I liked the sound of it, the length, and along with being fond of wolves I am also fond of nighttime (It sounds less wolfaboo than 'wolfheart' as well).

Unlike people who prefer their anonymity, I like my online alias to be my only one. "V4X1" is the addition that makes my username unique so I stand out amongst the other collective Wolf-somethings. As far as why the combination? V for my name, 4 my favorite number, X as a supplemental letter (I used to do lots of xxusernamexx emo crap in my youth), and 1 because 1 is first and best.

I blame an artist for the first half of my name, "Pheagle" it was supposed to be short for "Philadelphia Eagle"

But I wasn't satisfied with that, I needed to come up with a regular, human name. Phil (or Philip) for Philadelphia, and Adler, which is a German last name and the German word for "eagle" (since my heritage is primarily German, I thought this fit well).

So I came up with this back in 2011/2012, now I go by PheagleAdler, or Pheagle for short. Some people call me Pheags, and others still call me HG for my old username.

Old name was Nintendownz, which came from me joining a chatroom for VGDC as "Nintendo" and the moderator telling me to use something more unique. So I threw a wnz to the end because 90s. It stuck with me, but no one ever typed it out and just called me Nin.

I got tired of trolls taking the cheapshot and going "lolNintendoSux" when I hadn't owned a Nintendo console in years.

Also around the same time I decided to be a Folf so, NinTheFolf

Edited by NinTheFolf

Fenrisulfr, the wolf beast from Norse Myths.
Dark wolf because, well, he's a dark wolf.
Often times, if the name is (somehow) taken, I go to FenrirDarkeWolf, FenrirDarkWolfe or FenrirDarke.

When I first started on the interwebz(back on Ace Attorney Online), I was known as Diego(after character Diego Armando), and then BuddyFaithAKADiego(Because Buddy Faith is a sexy victim whenhe was alive) and the to FenrirDarkWolf, or Fen.

I was really into the show "Megaman NT Warrior" when I was younger. In the show, Megaman isn't a robot, but an AI-like program called a NetNavi (Internet Navigator). So, his name (and all the other Navi's names) end with ".exe". I made up a bunch of random fancharacters when I was obsessed with that show, and one of them was named Umbra.exe.

Somehow my friends associated that character with me, and I used it as an online persona for a while. I don't use the character anymore (not the original version, at least), but the name has stuck.

• Like 2

"Vaelarsa" was a name I gave to a fancharacter for something a long time ago. Never ended up using that character for anything, but I did like the name, and I still have yet to run into anyone else using it, so it stuck as my general internet alias.

"Vae" [vay] is just shorthand.

Edited by Vae