Stop touching me furries.

Crazy Lee

Not the sexual type of touching.

I went to a Christmas party for furries earlier this week. Mind you, these are guys I know pretty well, some on a real-name basis. And at least a couple times people would come up and scratch my belly. Scritches or whatever the hell it's called.

Um, no. Don't touch me.

I'm not being anti-social. I don't mind the occasional hug. I don't mind being around people. But damn, ask before you start poking and prodding my midsection. I don't feel violated like a tumblr sjw being patted down at an airport, but it was a bit uncomfortable. And not enjoyable in the least.

I don't know why furries have this issue with not respecting personal space. It's just assumed that everyone's all of a sudden huggy and cuddly and hug-box and uber friendly when you join the fandom, and people forget there are all types of people in this fandom, some that don't want to be pounced, scritched, hugged, molested, fondled, or any of that stuff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Furries are way too touchy feeley.

This is what I need to say every time:

I can understand why they're constantly touching you if you look like Charlton Heston.

I look like an off-brand Johnny Depp. We should start a buddy cop sitcom. Our first episode will be us investigating a rape at a furry convention. We can say a lot of stupid puns and quips, too.

"Well, Lee, I guess the fur was flying."

"Yeah, Hux. *PUTS ON AVIATOR SHADES* It looks like things got a little hairy."

*Queu laugh track*

*YEAH*

• Like 2

It's not just a furry thing. Anime nerds do it too, especially the girls are quick to "glomp" someone who's almost a total stranger. People down here in the southern USA are naturally very friendly and it doesn't take a lot for them to decide it's time for the hug.

I'll admit sometimes I see the hug coming and I preemptively stick out my hand for a handshake before the hug can land. 

• Like 2

That's really weird. I've never really met or hung out with furries IRL who do that, but I know a few people who will just 'glomp' people they're meeting for the first time. Usually those people are okay in my eyes but their personalities can get exhausting very quickly.

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

I haven't experienced this. Usually I just find that I share literally nothing in common with other furries I meet and that we have fuck-all to talk about.

I have this exact same dilemma. A few months back when I went to RMFC, it was the most awkward thing ever to try and make small talk with anyone, because they would deliberately use a conversation ender and then they had this face that made it look like they just left the planet. I guess I don't have that special furry aura or something.

38 minutes ago, Shiro said:

I have this exact same dilemma. A few months back when I went to RMFC, it was the most awkward thing ever to try and make small talk with anyone, because they would deliberately use a conversation ender and then they had this face that made it look like they just left the planet. I guess I don't have that special furry aura or something.

Essentially what I find is that all of the other furries are very interested in computer games, web comics and animé, all of which I find incredibly boring.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Essentially what I find is that all of the other furries are very interested in computer games, web comics and animé, all of which I find incredibly boring.

Through I agree with you in the fact that many are interested in the same things, it's quite the bold claim to make saying that they are "all" interested in the same things. The main thing that annoys me, is how much this fandom revolves around art. Almost every topic of any kind has something to do with it. Of course, it's not a bad thing at all, but there's no variety, nobody seems to have any other interests outside of furry art. With such a limited spectrum of interests in the fandom in general, I find it hard to talk or relate with anyone most of the time due to the fact that so many people talk about and take interest in the same thing, and there's never anything that pushes me to participate in conversation much because of it.