Jump to content

$20,000 Smart Phone


Tsuujou
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Rassah said:

Funny how all that security is kinda useless against the biggest threat: someone wanting to mug you and steal your $20,000 phone. Thought if you spend that much on a gadget that will be obsolete in two years, you probably have bodyguards too.

I wonder if they offer some sort of upgrade plan...
Granted, if you can afford this $20k probably isn't much to you. Honestly, I like their ideas for security they have going on and can appreciate that it has some unique really useful functions like that while being essentially jewelry.

I also appreciate that despite being super expensive, they aren't worried about it being a fattie McFat. I think phones try too hard to be super thin sometimes and then they compromise on things like having to use a damn 1300 mAh battery......or nix headphone jacks. :l
It's actually a pretty solid phone granted the price makes it exclusive (but I'm not mad at that at all honestly). But again, this isn't really about the phone, but this really needlessly kickass web design going on. Hot damn, that shit's cool.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is like buying "I am rich" app: If you buy it, your smartphone is likely already good but the app is for bragging fights only. 

The Sirinlabs phone is a smartphone, yes, and it's a good smartphone but you'd get a good quality smartphone with much less. The price tag and all the extras are just for the bragging rights and to fatten the wallet of the manufacturer of this phone/portable computer

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

This is like buying "I am rich" app: If you buy it, your smartphone is likely already good but the app is for bragging fights only. 

The Sirinlabs phone is a smartphone, yes, and it's a good smartphone but you'd get a good quality smartphone with much less. The price tag and all the extras are just for the bragging rights and to fatten the wallet of the manufacturer of this phone/portable computer

It's jewelry. If people can afford it, 20k isn't a lot for them. Who cares? lol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Rassah said:

Funny how all that security is kinda useless against the biggest threat: someone wanting to mug you and steal your $20,000 phone. Thought if you spend that much on a gadget that will be obsolete in two years, you probably have bodyguards too.

If only the phone came with an inbuilt pocket knife as a security feature, oh well. One can dream

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Revates said:

If only the phone came with an inbuilt pocket knife as a security feature, oh well. One can dream

I imagine a specially made battery on a phone that can dose a high voltage on demand, enabling the phone work as a tazer. I am not sure if that's possible to create without frying the delicate components within the phone case but it'd cool if it was

You could also attach a folding knife to the side of the phone, which is more realistic option but pointless IMO

 

Edited by Snagged Cub
Autocorrect strikes again! Who can save us now?!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Snagged Cub said:

I marine a specially made battery on a phone that can dose a high voltage on demand, enabling the phone work as a tazer. I am not sure if that's possible to create without frying the delicate components within the phone case but it'd cool if it was

You could also attach a folding knife to the side of the phone, which is more realistic option but pointless IMO

Wait this is an even better idea, that way when you go to hand them the phone like "oh no please don't rob me" YOU TAZE THEM INSTEAD.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Granted yes, this phone is quite expensive, but then you start getting into watches like these

http://www.hublot.com/en/collection/mp/mp-05-laferrari-all-black

Granted they're beautiful watches (my uncle has one and it's a rather amazing piece of work), but the cheapest one's start at $248,000......It's just for bragging, it in no way is worth that price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Revates said:

If only the phone came with an inbuilt pocket knife as a security feature, oh well. One can dream

2 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

I imagine a specially made battery on a phone that can dose a high voltage on demand, enabling the phone work as a tazer. I am not sure if that's possible to create without frying the delicate components within the phone case but it'd cool if it was

You could also attach a folding knife to the side of the phone, which is more realistic option but pointless IMO

1 hour ago, Revates said:

Wait this is an even better idea, that way when you go to hand them the phone like "oh no please don't rob me" YOU TAZE THEM INSTEAD.

So make a mall ninja phone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, U-235 said:

Granted yes, this phone is quite expensive, but then you start getting into watches like these

http://www.hublot.com/en/collection/mp/mp-05-laferrari-all-black

Granted they're beautiful watches (my uncle has one and it's a rather amazing piece of work), but the cheapest one's start at $248,000......It's just for bragging, it in no way is worth that price.

So...youre uncle is rich?

...do you want an Uncle-In-law?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

So...youre uncle is rich?

...do you want an Uncle-In-law?

Well yes he is, but most of the Padgett family is anyway. My family was a part of that until the Economy from 08 caught up with us in 2013.

Also he's straight as far as I'm aware so.....I don't think that'd work out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, U-235 said:

Well yes he is, but most of the Padgett family is anyway. My family was a part of that until the Economy from 08 caught up with us in 2013.

Also he's straight as far as I'm aware so.....I don't think that'd work out.

Did I say uncle? I meant aunt...we both have so much in common. Like the appreciation of good watches.

Dont worry I'll still help buy you some good shit every year for Christmas and your birthday

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Did I say uncle? I meant aunt...we both have so much in common. Like the appreciation of good watches.

Dont worry I'll still help buy you some good shit every year for Christmas and your birthday

Lol man if you want to go for it, but he's 63 now so.....I mean if you're into way older men.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rassah said:

Countries in Africa can't afford that phone

A dictator could because when you steal from millions of people at the same time, you will get to collect enough money for a needlessly expensive smartphone

Speaking of which, who needs iPhone as an overpriced and overrated phone when you could have this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

For $20K, this thing is surprisingly underwhelming. The website design is more interesting than the phone.

$5 says the high-density batteries are prone to exploding.

If $5 is all you can say to that, this phone is definitely not for you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2016 at 11:39 AM, Strongbob said:

At least if you buy a nice watch you'll have a nice watch in ten years.  A $20k smart phone will be outperformed by a $200 smart phone in ten years rendering the $20k phone almost worthless.  I wish I had $20k to literally burn.

Well I'm sure if you set your house on fire....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
Quote

Your data is kept safe by software which is constantly on the lookout for "the broadest array of advanced device, network and application mobile cyber attacks," Sirin Labs claims, along with the "most advanced privacy technology currently available outside the agency world."

Sounds like a load of marketing bullshit to me. Other than encryption and a firewall, I can't imagine what this phone does other than possibly shutting off all network access when a "threat" is detected.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...