The Pizza Thread

Eggdodger

Pizza has been a topic of admiration and contention throughout the ages. For example: What counts as pizza? I almost typed "pineapple", but that's not pizza. That's heresy. That's not delivery, that's devilry. But hey, eat and enjoy it if you so choose. Plenty of people get a kick out of pagan sacrifice, too. I'm not the one who has to live with it. Just wait until Papa John becomes president, then we'll see how long you stay in this country.

I'm digressing here, though. Pizza has fueled sleepovers, study sessions you wouldn't have otherwise gone to, and office meetings that you had to go to anyways. In light of all the events that pizza facilitates, it has in so doing fueled empires, most notably the United States of Pizzamerica. Pizza grease is what oils the great capitalist machine, and perhaps if Italians had perfected the art that they pioneered they might have won WWII instead of being crushed like from beneath the boot their country resembles. Instead, Pizzamerica has harnessed all the potential that can be wrought from this super food. Super food it is-- the embodiment of every food group. Grains, dairy, vegetables, fruit, meat, and gratuitous oil. Together, they form the Supreme Covenant, our mighty protectors from hunger, depression and healthy eating. Good heavenly grains, what would we do without this glowing discus of the gods to spin a path through this dreary world we live in?

• Like 6

Pizza is more than simple food; it is a symbol of perfection and harmony, all the food groups coordinated and aligned into a single flawless discus. If Pizza were embraced as the symbol and guiding principle of a world religion, such problems as world hunger and war would be solved overnight, and humanity would experience untold levels of peace, harmony, and fullness.

The Great Prophet Papa John has shown us the way, we only need follow him to enlightenment and eternal harmony through Pizza.

Papa Bless.

eJwFwdENwiAQANBdGIDzoIB0A6doCCUUQz3CnX7UuLvvfdV7drWqQ2TwCrA3zjR3zUIz1aIrUe0ljcY60wlJJOXjLC9hwGBdjIi3e3TeGhsRjF2CCYt3NqCPAZ2Bx9bpU7bRrivp56jq9we7OyS-.x_GpW1t-C95uFr8zd-dgcKRbnbk.jpg

• Like 7

From the comfort of oppressed Romans to the pride of Queens, to the strength of black faced laborers and the final deliverance of ten thousand despairing scholars. A bit of bread, a bit of cheese, sauce of a certain poison apple, and finally a dash of the divine. Pizza, this most venerated vessel to bring good things to empty stomachs and to warm frozen hearts, we do commend. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Osrik said:

Pizza is more than simple food; it is a symbol of perfection and harmony, all the food groups coordinated and aligned into a single flawless discus. If Pizza were embraced as the symbol and guiding principle of a world religion, such problems as world hunger and war would be solved overnight, and humanity would experience untold levels of peace, harmony, and fullness.

The Great Prophet Papa John has shown us the way, we only need follow him to enlightenment and eternal harmony through Pizza.

Papa Bless.

45 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

From the comfort of oppressed Romans to the pride of Queens, to the strength of black faced laborers and the final deliverance of ten thousand despairing scholars. A bit of bread, a bit of cheese, sauce of a certain poison apple, and finally a dash of the divine. Pizza, this most venerated vessel to bring good things to empty stomachs and to warm frozen hearts, we do commend. 

Thanks guys, this is what I was looking for. I know religion's kind of scoffed at around here but I'm glad you two know what's coming in the afterlife and what you need to live (and possibly die) for today.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2016 at 4:00 PM, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I dont follow the Papa John path of pizzery, I find that it is the least savory of followings, I prefer my pizza regionally of the New York branch denomination

I'm nondenominational. Choosing a denomination is a lot like only eating a single kind of one-topping pizza; there's no variety. Following no path but my own, I experience a myriad of flavors, some good, some bad, but all meaningful.

• Like 2

I think I had Papa John's pizza once.

It sucked.

2nd worst pizza ever.

First being this gross one from the superstore.

True Pizza is a local place (I think it's still local) called Cheese Wheels. A bit pricey but it's REAL DAMN PIZZA.

That being said, Pizzahut is delicious, Dominoes is delicious, pizza is delicious.

There's this place called PieFive I love to death. So goddamn good and all the toppings you want for no extra cost. I love local joints too. I'm not picky about pizza at all honestly. If it's not school pizza (thank god I don't have to eat that slop anymore), frozen store bought pizza, and the establishment cooks it properly, it's very VERY hard to ruin for me.

Uno's, PieFive, Dominos, Papa Johns, Pizzahut, Sbarro's, whatever. Gimme. 'A`

• Like 1

I grew up in the Northeast US, and still think the local pizza places up there are the best, but I can't knock Papa John's. They gave me a free large pizza just for having a Camaro. :)

These days, I mostly eat Harris Teeter pizza. It's inexpensive, tasty, and the smaller size means I can eat a whole pie without much regret.

I love pizza, but finding a good chain can be as arduous as any other spiritual journey in some suburbs. I recall a heartbreaking games night at a friend's place whereupon we discovered that his house was outside delivery range of the nearest Pizza Hut.

We punished him justly by having him drive to pick it up.

5 hours ago, Nova said:

Is it true that Domino's pizzas are bad?

I would prefer other brands, myself. I only have experience with my local joint, but they tend to put a lot of salt and oil on their ingredients. After eating a couple of slices, I feel like I've just consumed the pizza's weight in sea brine. Absolutely heretical.

• Like 1

Domino's isn't the worst shit ever. I feel like most people either ran into a crappier than normal establishment or tend to overexaggerate how awful it is to pretend they have this exquisite refined taste of an aristocrat. REALLY shit pizza is frozen or that prison food slop from Sysco they had the gall to serve us in school.

But make no mistake. Local joints and your dingy hole in the wall pizzerias are infinitely better than the main mega chains just because they can actually afford to use fresh ingredients and cook them traditionally.

• Like 5

On 1/31/2017 at 1:44 AM, Tsuujou said:

Domino's isn't the worst shit ever. I feel like most people either ran into a crappier than normal establishment or tend to overexaggerate how awful it is to pretend they have this exquisite refined taste of an aristocrat.

I would say in my case it's the first one, because I do in fact have the exquisite refined taste of an aristocrat-- possibly the taste of two aristocrats that agree with each other on everything-- when it comes to pizza. If I venture out of the area I'm currently living in, I shall gracefully allow Domino's another chance to impress me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hyoko Hime-Sama said:

PIZZAAAA! I love, love, love BBQ based Pizzas! With chicken, double bacon, jalapenos and pineapple and a crust stuffed with cheese...

I just made myself so hungry...

I'ma go make pizza...

You had me up until pineapple.