FREE 20min sketches (Finished)

Saxon

10 hours ago, Saxon said:

So I decided I was going to take what I made for dev' and turn it into something more complete, but I can't really paint, so we've got whatever this is at the moment:

lion_colours_3.png

So I've been screwing around with this and now I have this:

lion_colours_4.png

lion_colours_5.png

Essentially I need to know if the black boundary lines are a good thing or not?

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

So I've been screwing around with this and now I have this:

lion_colours_4.png

lion_colours_5.png

Essentially I need to know if the black boundary lines are a good thing or not?

I dont claim to be an expert so take what I say with a grain of salt but I kinda like how the blank outline makes it pop a little bit. However with the right background, it could pop by itself without the black outline. Not sure what the background color could be though

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

I dont claim to be an expert so take what I say with a grain of salt but I kinda like how the blank outline makes it pop a little bit. However with the right background, it could pop by itself without the black outline. Not sure what the background color could be though

Most people I have asked want the lines to stay. I usually refrain from using outlines...I don't know why though.

I'm probably going to go with a messy brush background, like in this, but without the details: https://www.furaffinity.net/full/19591953/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Most people I have asked want the lines to stay. I usually refrain from using outlines...I don't know why though.

I'm probably going to go with a messy brush background, like in this, but without the details: https://www.furaffinity.net/full/19591953/

Yeah seeing that pic, the outline and the messy background would work well

Also curious, do you plan on changing the colors on the body to match the ref or keeping them to experiment with different backgrounds?

8 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Yeah seeing that pic, the outline and the messy background would work well

Also curious, do you plan on changing the colors on the body to match the ref or keeping them to experiment with different backgrounds?

So I have deliberately avoided colouring any image I develop further to match anybody's fursona, because I want to keep the option of commissions open for the spring. If I give everybody free paintings now, then I won't be able to tempt them to buy anything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Faust said:

Maybe you could offer cheap 'upgrades' to people you've done freebies for on account of the line work already being done?

Hmmm. That's a tricky question actually, because I don't want to deter people from ordering completely new work. It also doesn't sound like a very good deal for me, because I will have done the same amount of work to produce the painting overall, but be offering a discount in exchange for a progress shot, which is something I will always offer buyers anyway.

I will probably charge the same for an upgrade to a full painting as I would for a fresh full painting, and if people opt to upgrade existing art they will do it under the proviso that they understand it will get finished more quickly, because the bare bones have already been finished or because they know they already like how the preliminary sketch looks. 

On 03/01/2017 at 8:17 PM, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Hey, if you still feel up for them, maybe try this? Hope it's enough to go off of.

By the way, the one you did of Dev is the best one yet. I mean I'm a big fan of sketches and how they look either way, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that looks like something that I would see hanging in an office or nice house.

One Bun thinking about life and death.

Got a twitter for me to harass you with this?

philoso-bun.png

• Like 1

On 04/01/2017 at 4:53 PM, Zerig said:

wowo that lion one is pretty fuckin good

I know you said no more but I'll link my manimal again just on the off chance

I feel worth less than dog shite today, so I drew furvert material for this one. It's in the red lantern.

If you have a twitter I'll tweet it at you.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I feel worth less than dog shite today, so I drew furvert material for this one. It's in the red lantern.

If you have a twitter I'll tweet it at you.

I do not have a twitter, sorry

good pic tho I especially like how the head is actually shaped like a raccoon head, most just draw dogs with masks

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Saxon said:

@WolfNightV4X1 if you have a twitter handle could I know it please? Kthanx

You already used it to call me out :v

I'll follow you if you find me or vice versa, then. You need all the mad social media points for being an awesome artiste

My appreciation for sexy wingwork and other miscellaneous furfaggotry must not go undone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

You already used it to call me out :v

I'll follow you if you find me or vice versa, then. You need all the mad social media points for being an awesome artiste

My appreciation for sexy wingwork and other miscellaneous furfaggotry must not go undone.

I just need the name because I'm going to tweet a painting at you, that is based on the sketch I prepared some time ago.
My handle is SaxonVulpine.

• 3 weeks later...