Victor-933

Throw around your game ideas for what you want to see, because why the hell not.

I want an Elder Scrolls game, with at least as much gameplay depth as Oblivion (but preferably as deep as Morrowind), with the economic simulation of the X series.

I want stores that don't just magically restock, but their goods are actually manufactured elsewhere, in workshops and smithies you can visit, and transported across the game world in wagons and caravans that you can raid.

I want cities and towns grow and shrink in accordance with the local economic situation, and NPCs that actually buy the things for sale in shops.

Probably just better off getting something like Mount and Blade (or just sticking with X3TC) though.

Truthfully, lately, I've been getting plenty dream games and already had a few. Ketsui, Link Between Worlds/Link to the Past, Axiom Verge, AM2R, and TitanFall are some dream games that came true. And future releases like Mega Man X Corrupted, Xydonia, and Nier Automata are all I'm asking for. 

If I could ask for anything to be made though, a GOOD on foot multiplayer Sonic racing game. 12 player online. Refined running mechanics of Adventure 2. Level design of Generations (minus 2D sections, I just want a full 3D game). No laps, just sprint to the end and wild paths with a lot of stuff to interact with. I want to be able to develop a racing line and just optimize routes for efficiency. Also parkour with the flow and satisfaction of Mirror's Edge or Titanfall. And of course a single player component so I can play (alone) when the game eventually dies in 6 months. And by Platinum Games! They can do anything. y;

I don't understand why an on-foot 3D platforming online racer has yet to be made. That's the one thing I've always wanted.

----

Also, what do you mean when you said X series? What's that?

20 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Also, what do you mean when you said X series? What's that?

That's the name of a franchise of space trading and combat simulators (literally just X... X: Rebirth is the newest one but I think most people prefer the previous game, X3: Terran Conflict and its expansion, X3: Albion Prelude)

Has pretty extensive economic simulations; everything ingame is manufactured and transported, sectors grow and shrink with the local economy, and nearly everything in the game can be bought (or captured) and piloted, from light fighters to superfreighters to massive carriers.

1 hour ago, Victor-933 said:

That's the name of a franchise of space trading and combat simulators (literally just X... X: Rebirth is the newest one but I think most people prefer the previous game, X3: Terran Conflict and its expansion, X3: Albion Prelude)

Has pretty extensive economic simulations; everything ingame is manufactured and transported, sectors grow and shrink with the local economy, and nearly everything in the game can be bought (or captured) and piloted, from light fighters to superfreighters to massive carriers.

Damn, that actually sounds like a pretty fresh concept kind of game. It sounds like it'd be great in an RPG like Elder Scrolls (though if it ever were in Elder Scrolls, probably as a "hardcore" mode). I don't play too many games like this, but the micromanaging always had me very curious. I wanted to get my feet wet and try Cities: Skylines, but I heard it's actually very intensive on PC's. :c

When you said X, I thought you were talking about some kind of mod for Elder Scrolls. Just typing in "X" wouldn't have gotten me anything most likely.

I've always wanted to see a game of combat in which you constructed gear to use in combat

I'm talking designing armor to be resistant to certain types of damage, with a good sci-fi feel to it.

Heat dissipating ceramics, kinetic foam, weaves to stop piercing damage, and more.

In-depth weapon customization .Recoil stabilizers, firing mechanisms. And not just kinetic weaponry, energy weaponry too. Plasma weaponry, with heat sinks to prevent overheating. Gauss weaponry, frick, I want LIGHTNING weaponry. With many different materials and pieces. 

Not just a game with a bunch of preset barrels, triggers, weapon attachments etc. I mean a game where you design the gun, the armor, around your playstyle exactly.

8 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I've always wanted to see a game of combat in which you constd gear to use in combat

I'm talking asdesigning armor to be resistant to certain types of damage, with a good sci-fi feel to it.

Heat dissipating ceramics, kinetic foam, weaves to stop piercing damage, and more.

In-depth weapon customization .Recoil stabilizers, firing mechanisms. And not just kinetic weaponry, energy weaponry too. Plasma weaponry, with heat sinks to prevent overheating. Gauss weaponry, frick, I want LIGHTNING weaponry. With many different materials and pieces. 

Not just a game with a bunch of preset barrels, triggers, weapon attachments etc. I mean a game where you design the gun, the armor, around your playstyle exactly.

Loadout?

My dream game is DCS-level space simulator, basically super complex Star Citizen but with orbits and such to worry about asLa like in children of dead earth

An elderscrolls game with a mix of morrowwind and oblivion but with adjustable graphics that can range from original morrowwind to spectacular modern graphics

The dream game would never be buggy, would always point out mod incompatibilities, had an inbuilt mod organizer and load order sorter and would be optimized to use as many resources as needed (cough Skyrim RAM and VRAM capped). 

Oh, it also should have a survival system where you need to eat, sleep, drink and take care of yourself so that the invisible enemies; the microbes don't get you and make you sick

5 hours ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

Loadout?

My dream game is DCS-level space simulator, basically super complex Star Citizen but with orbits and such to worry about asLa like in children of dead earth

Played loadout, it was disappointing. Not nearly as much variety as I'd like, and it's really just swapping out barrels for other barrels, mags for other mags, etc. I want to be able to design those barrels.

I would say something between The Elder Scrolls and Mount and Blade in terms of gameplay (The fleshed out stories, characters, quest-lines, and world of The Elder Scrolls, with the faction, combat, economy [probably closer to X3 actually in complexity], and command mechanics of Mount and Blade), but probably in a sci-fi setting rather than a fantasy one and with exploration playing a greater role than in either of the series. To some extent like Star Citizen will be if it is ever finished, or like No Man's Sky was promised to be.

On 12/28/2016 at 9:12 PM, Tsuujou said:

I wanted to get my feet wet and try Cities: Skylines, but I heard it's actually very intensive on PC's. :c

It's kind of unusual in that the system demand largely scales with the size of your city. As the game tracks the whereabouts of all of your citizens and services at all times, a larger city actually causes a significantly increased demand on your system more than in other such games. My computer runs Cities fine up till I get to about 100,000 or so, and then I start to experience significant lag to the point that the game is difficult to play.

It is probably the greatest city builder on the market today, certainly the best since Simcity 4, but you will need a pretty beefy computer if you want to play it to its full potential.

33 minutes ago, Osrik said:

I would say something between The Elder Scrolls and Mount and Blade in terms of gameplay (The fleshed out stories, characters, quest-lines, and world of The Elder Scrolls, with the faction, combat, economy [probably closer to X3 actually in complexity], and command mechanics of Mount and Blade), but probably in a sci-fi setting rather than a fantasy one and with exploration playing a greater role than in either of the series. To some extent like Star Citizen will be if it is ever finished, or like No Man's Sky was promised to be.

It's kind of unusual in that the system demand largely scales with the size of your city. As the game tracks the whereabouts of all of your citizens and services at all times, a larger city actually causes a significantly increased demand on your system more than in other such games. My computer runs Cities fine up till I get to about 100,000 or so, and then I start to experience significant lag to the point that the game is difficult to play.

It is probably the greatest city builder on the market today, certainly the best since Simcity 4, but you will need a pretty beefy computer if you want to play it to its full potential.

Yeah, I remember LGR saying something like that. That's pretty harsh. Fug. ;~;

It's cliche of me, but I honestly want a game where you can play as the akoopaerlings. Particularly if they all have different play styles.
I'd make a fangame with the specific vision I have in mind, if I knew anything about making games and Nintendo wouldn't C&D it the second I made it public.

Other shit:

• A Legacy of Kain game set during the takeover of the world by Kain's empire. No, Nosgoth doesn't fucking count. A REAL LoK game.
  • A Legacy of Kain game set during the Vampire-Hylden wars.
  • An HD remaster of Soul Reaver 1.
  • A sequel to Legend of Dragoon.
  • A sequel or remake of Guardian Legend.
  • HD remakes of Metal Gear 1 and 2, in the Solid format.
  • A Metroid game where you play Samus, but it has as much freedom as a GTA.
  • A Metroid-Mass Effect mashup.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Socketosis said:

B-but that exists. D:

ergo, my dream game.

My dreams have come true 

Are you jelly yet?

Also goat simulator is fun to play while inebriated because holy fuck that game is already a trip on its own. Good for best laughs 10/10