How do I stop my cat from this?

Nova

Well my cat is always hungry.

We always feed her once a day but bitch keeps coming back for more.

She still has dry food left but wants more of the normal cat food.And she also starts to meow to a lot to get it.

My dad gets annoyed and feeds her even though he knows that its bad.

I mean mah poor mia is so fat that we don't even know if she has a neck.

20170118_224327.png

Can anyone help us? 

Feed her twice a day? Separating the feeding schedule and amount each time might curb hunger. I mean what do you do only eat a bunch of food in the morning and not the rest of it?

If she knows there's a feeding schedule more than once this will keep her from coming back when its not time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Feed her twice a day? Separating the feeding schedule and amount each time might curb hunger. I mean what do you do only eat a bunch of food in the morning and not the rest of it?

If she knows there's a feeding schedule more than once this will keep her from coming back when its not time

True, 

Maybe i will like split it like, that she gets food in the morning, food in the noon  and some food in the evening.

• Like 2

Yeah, split it. And maybe try different brands of dry food that she might like better.

Just don't try to change her schedule too quickly. My dad made that mistake... When my mom and my sister went on vacation together he was in charge of feeding the cats. His first course of action, mainly because he is a stingy ass some times, was to give them less food.
When my mom called after a few days he was proud that the cats now only eat a quarter of what they usually eat!
Once they were back my mom found out that the cats got their revenge by pissing in some more hidden places inside the house. Like right under my dad's side of the bed :I

• Like 1

Your cat is undisciplined.

Dry food in the morning, one third to half a bowl, tops. Wet food in the evening, one small can's worth. Occasionally a treat, just to keep their affection intact. Feeding them to shut them up is no different than a person eating to alleviate boredom. It's not the right answer, and it will end in regret.

If the cat is being a nuisance, a spritzer bottle or a small treat at random. They'll take their chances now and then, but they'll learn when to shut up.

As a biology major and working in a pet store that trains it's employees on this sort of thing, you're going to want to slowly reduce the amount off food you're feeding your cat in anywhere from 1-5% a week, and continue to do so until your cat begins to loose weight, from there you can keep feeding the same amount of food until your cat reaches the weight you're looking for, then you can slowly increase the food until there is no more weight loss. You have to do it slowly because you cannot starve cats as they produce toxic chemicals when they don't have access to food... hence why if you don't feed them for 48 hours they tend to die... as well when you start feeding more food after they lose the weight their bodies will just put it all back on as is the same with humans

You can also look for lower calorie alternative foods such as healthy weight foods or things with fish in it tend to have less calorie content, but do try to stay away from any grains or fillers like them in the food and high fiber diet healthy weight foods, they are linked to issues with cat intestinal health and weight and are also linked to an increase in hairballs. 

Apart from those two increasing your cats physical activity or even adding in a tricky feeder (a feeder that requires the cat to solve a puzzle to get the food) is another good way to increase the amount of exercise your cat is getting and can assist in the weight loss process

In reality there typically aren't any real different results between a wet and dry food diet in terms of weight gain or loss and feeding either on their own can cause their own separate issues; feeding all wet food can cause your cats teeth to become infested with bacteria and destroy their teeth and cause other issues as the bacteria on the teeth can cause other body issues as the teeth do have a blood supply the bacteria can get into.... feeding only dry food while cleaning off the teeth as it scrapes by them, can cause a cat to become dehydrated if they cannot find extra external water due to the fact that cats as obligate carnivores would get a lot of their water from their prey in the wild... so feeding dry food only you'd need a constant supply of water and preferably fresh water, also considering that cat tongues aren't desined for drinking from a bowl... your cat can still get dehydrated.... so typically feeding both is preferred and not at the same time so the dry can scrape extra plaque off of the teeth 

I hope something in there helps you out 

• Like 1