Burnt Popcorn >:[

Toshabi

Fuck you 7-11 and fuck your microwaves and fuck your employees. That one dollar bag of popcorn cost me HALF my savings, just to watch it go up in flames because the asshole employee told me 2 minutes would be enough. Bye bye bag of popcorn and hello shirt that smells like burnt popcorn. Now I want to eat my clothes and so do all the homeless people that live here. IM STILL HUNGRY >:[

TL;DR-

IMG_20170116_230500.jpg

• Like 9

I hate when people in the office make popcorn in the breakroom. They either do fine and leave me salivating for an hour, or burn it and make the whole floor reek.

The worst, most awful smell though was this one time somebody on a different floor put leftover fish in the microwave for 3 MINUTES. The stench was so powerful, it travelled across floors and lingered for the rest of the day. I hear the project near ground zero evacuated.

• Like 6

There is no greater disgrace than burnt popcorn. I love eating popcorn as a snack because it's simple to make and tastes good. Burnt popcorn is dry and tastes like smoke and makes the butter taste like grandpa's ashes. It diminishes the great name that is popcorn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Obviously this happened because you didn't take Popcorn Preparation 670 in college. :V

But seriously, getting popcorn just right can be a pain in the ass. Even with our state-of-the-art microwaves it's still easier to do on a campfire. It takes more time, granted. But it's easier.

There were a lot of people in my dorms that skipped that elective :U

• Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 4:15 PM, DrGravitas said:

I hate when people in the office make popcorn in the breakroom. They either do fine and leave me salivating for an hour, or burn it and make the whole floor reek.

The worst, most awful smell though was this one time somebody on a different floor put leftover fish in the microwave for 3 MINUTES. The stench was so powerful, it travelled across floors and lingered for the rest of the day. I hear the project near ground zero evacuated.

*eats Kimchee, sardines and durian fruit, in the cubicle across from yours*

*evil laughter*

• Like 1

When I worked in a convenience store, I had a co-worker that bought a bag of popcorn, put it in the microwave for the time recommended in the instructions, and burnt the hell out of it.

They then bought another bag, put it in for significantly less time... and still burnt the hell out of it. The smell of burnt popcorn lingered for the rest of the evening.

I've managed to cook popcorn using a bunsen burner. It was fun until the bag spontaneously ignited. We threw it in the sink and it blew up sending a combination of burning popcorn and extremely hot kernels everywhere. Somehow no one was hurt at all. Still kind of amazing.

Matches-Burning-72367.gif

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Red Lion said:

Burnt popcorn sucks. Sucks twice as hard when you put a bag in the microwave and half the kernels are burnt and the other half are unpopped.

time to start doing it the old fashioned way, as nature intended.

At the theater, we have a newer popper that cooks really fast. When the top opens up you are supposed to turn off the kettle heat and let the batch finish popping, as this allows for most of the seed to pop without posing a burning hazard. However, barely anyone actually does this, and most leave the kettle heat on and dump it once it starts beeping. The problem is, once the popper is beeping, it is already too late and the popcorn has a risk of burning. There's nothing like the smell of burnt popcorn filling the lobby.