The weird ass dreams thread

Alexxx-Returns

Post your weird ass dreams you've been having!

I'll kick things off:

I had the afternoon off of classes so I had a nap for 4 and a half hours. I dreamed that a friend of mine, a guy I used to work with (and crushed on a bit) had, well...

The first thing I remember about THIS story was that I woke up in a psychiatric unit which was just a single caravan/RV and I'd been sedated or something? And I was freaking scared of that place, and the grounds. Someone (who I later found out to be the guy's mum) told me and my parents that the guy hadn't been into work in a few days, and no one had heard from him. It was a little worrying, but I forgot about it.

People around me kept talking about this.... house that he'd been going into and it was all really secretive. And in the end I was told that he was housing people in there to protect them. Some weird shit was going down. I think I was talking a lot in my sleep as well, that tends to happen when I have strong emotions in a dream.

Eventually I was told that he'd died, and I was like "oh, holy shit, no, this can't be happening!" And then, I woke up (still dreaming), and the first thing I did was grab my phone and send him a message asking if he was okay. I got a message back from a changed name, but same account of a load of blood. It was sort of a "what you don't see" kind of freaky. Sent me a video as well of the killer washing away blood down some sort of sink. And now I really was like "holy shit, holy shit!" And eventually, word got out that he'd been murdered.

And then I woke up for real, quite abruptly. Still half asleep, the first thing I did was message him to make sure he was okay (he was).

Share your own weird dreams!

Pretty much all of my dreams are weird as fuck and can be summed up in a few ways:

-Weird IRL stuff with videogame stuff thrown in (like for some reason everything is in 3rd person and I have a videogame UI in my vision)

-Horror movie type nightmare stuff which will involve me like, being stuck in a hunted building with creepy shit going on, which I actually enjoy because I fucking love horror :V

-Me exploring really cool places that make me sad when I wake up cause they aren't real :c Usually it involves reoccurring places.

-Last, but not least, Furcon dreams. Yup. I have fucking dreams of being at furry cons. I'm hopelessly furry now :|

I can't remember any specifics worth sharing at the moment, but if I remember any I'll post them.

I had a dream where I was in my physics class but for some reason we were down in one of the music classrooms, and then suddenly huge hailstones started to pelt through the windows and hurt everyone. I'm pretty sure Paul McCartney or someone like that was involved later on in the dream somehow but I can't remember why or what he did.

Oh talking of dreams seeming more realistic, I had a sleep paralysis dream recently where I genuinely thought there was a man at the bottom of my bed about to stab me in the lower back. He just stood there for ages whilst I made noises with my vocal chords but couldn't move my mouth to make words, so I could only make sort of muffled "hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" sounds whilst I waited for him to stab me. It was really scary because I started panicking in my head when I realised I couldn't do anything.

I mean it was only me dreaming the man, but my eyes were open and I remember being able to hear myself making the sounds and feel my throat vibrating when I did so I was awake to some degree. The anticipation and fear of getting stabbed was also very real. So I was kinda green-screening a partial dream into real life. 

I have weird dreams all the time...
I remember one dream I had where, for some reason, me and my family were going on a trip, and then I was suddenly going to save a little girl's Samurott. And then I did, and when I got back to her, she couldn't keep it so she gave him to me, and then I was able to talk to the Pokemon, and we watched the sunset together.

I dreamed I met a man whose dream was to become an alligator and spent his life savings into creating a river of blood filled with teeth for some reason. Somehow I end up with like 20 teeth jabbed in my back and I had to sit in the hospital while they removed them and these giant as holes were just all over my back like a fucking sponge. I woke up and I couldn't turn around (since I was on my stomach) for like 20 minutes. That night was fucking weird.

This has been going on for most of my life.  About every 6 months or so I realize I'm dreaming and try to explain to others in my dream that it's all a dream.  Nobody believes me.  I do other things but typically I ask them to to tell me what day it is or what time it is.  Nobody can tell me.  They all look at me weird.  

When I was a child, a good majority of my dreams involved being attacked by scorpions and spiders who were fatally allergic to coffee, and the entire dream always played out like some horrible b-movie.  To this day I wonder what kind of drugs my younger self might've somehow gotten into.

I've had a period of nightmares about bees and red ants (I'm allergic to, and terrified of those things).  After that period, I've never been able to remember my dreams, and sleeping served as a time-killer since.

I should try lucid dreaming at some point; I miss dreams.

recently it has just been a lot of unhappy  dreams. i used to have more weird dreams but lately it has been dreams like friends who no longer speak to me coming back, or one where , on the night of a deceased friends birthday, i had a dream he had come back to life

i have noticed that it is about the time of year where i have a lot of dreams of getting kidnapped or raped, but those havent been as bad this week

I'm in some place, arid, with trees around, something you'd see in Afghanistan, on the mountains. There are zombies. I'm with this guy and together we go through this place. We had silenced weapons and were in an artificial canyon of sorts made of concrete. A little stream of water was wetting our boots. We shoot a few zombies in the head on our way through. Then we get out of this canyon and approach what seems to be a fort. We duck behind some cover but my friend gets shot and killed by a man dressed in black who was right behind us. So I lay there gazing up at him, terrified and shocked for a few seconds. The man has the chance to kill me as well but he doesn't. I aim my pistol at him, shoot and the dream ends. This doesn't make any sense, I have no idea what could have triggered this nightmare

Hoo, boy. Lessee... I've had a recurring dream about forgetting what class I'm supposed to be going to, two dreams about close friends dying, a dream about being decapitated about an executioner, a dream about getting a fake notice about being sued for sexual harassment... I think the scariest of all is that I'm numb to this anymore.

• Like 1

I don't know if this belongs here, but I used to be a really good lucid dreamer. I was convinced I could make myself talk in my sleep and narrate my dreams, so I set up a recorder next to my bed whilst I used my techniques to fade straight into a dream. I started narrating everything by talking out loud, not as one normally speaks in a dream, but talking "up a level" (I have no good way to describe this). I woke up and played the recording back, and to my satisfaction it worked perfectly and you can hear me mumbling out the full narration of the dream!

Then I actually woke up.

My weirdest one I can remember was about Kooky. It was after we had some intense discussions in our skype chat group.

It all started with Kooky showing himself on the skype chat, naked and wearing female lingerie. Then he started yelling, that femboys in France are opressed. Then he put on a burqua and bombed himself.

The end.

My weirdest one I can remember was about Kooky. It was after we had some intense discussions in our skype chat group.

It all started with Kooky showing himself on the skype chat, naked and wearing female lingerie. Then he started yelling, that femboys in France are opressed. Then he put on a burqua and bombed himself.

The end.

...And yet, I can see this happening

still recovering from the shit two days ago. dunno how it hit me so hard cuz theoretically it was just my father hunting me in my feralform through a forest and even though he should have been dead due to the fact that he had metalpieces and stuff sticking through all of his life important organs he... somehow got me, grabbed my throat and started stabbing me with a rusty blade... i should have woke up but for whatever reason i was not able too until my mobilephones alarm set off.

nightmares suck =_=

This was quite a recent one for me, I was subjected to a zombie style apocalypse nightmare, everything went fine for a while, me and friends survived for several days and then it all went tits up due to someone screwing up and alerting everything, I threw myself into the horde of zombies to save everyone, I woke up as the zombies began tearing into my neck, I woke up with with such a stiff neck that I couldn't move my head to the right, was like that for about an hour.

Other than that I tend to dream a lot about the most recent thing I had been writing about which tend to be a lot of fun and end up giving me the inspiration to continue a particular chapter.

I have had this recurring dream as of late, the most recent being Tuesday, where I was in the house that I am currently living and walking around and feeling very uneasy.In one of the dreams, I ended up downstairs in the basement of my house and while I was down there the door to the upper level of the house opened and something started walking down. It was a bright light engulfing a human figure and I ended up running out through the garage door before I ended up seeing who the figure was. Not all of the dreams have been that exact way but the theme is as if my house were haunted or something. It has had a bit of an effect on my sleeping a lot lately because in one of the recurring dreams, I did see who the ghostly figure was, which turned out to be my mom, who died in this house about 13 years ago. I have always felt that dreams are very important to pay attention to.

• 2 weeks later...

I came home at lunch today and had time for a 20 minute power nap.

I dreamed that I was on the phone to my phone service provider and they told me I'd accumulated a phone bill of £375,000. I just stared at my mum as I was told this, with this terrified look on my face. I tried to pass the phone to her to listen to it, but it was like in those dreams where you're being chased but you can't run properly - my phone-bearing hand wouldn't extend properly.

Sometimes I'm so fucking glad things are just dreams.

Had a dream last night that started off like a normal day. I got out of bed, tossed a shirt on, and then left my room stressing about what i needed to get done at work. I enter the living room and two people in masks are sitting on the couch waiting for me. They get up, I try to run, everything slows down, and then I wake up and it's three o clock and I'm not in a good mood :P

The night before last, I had a dream where a group of people and I were eating at a restaurant in some place that reminded me of Little Tokyo. Before our food came, I saw a big, fat, white pigeon in the walkway outside the restaurant (we were eating in an outdoor dining area, I think, on the second floor of a building overlooking a little plaza area). For some reason I got up from my chair to go pet the pigeon. It actually let me pet it instead of flying away. The man who owned the restaurant told me that the bird's name was Clover, and he was usually found in or near the restaurant. (Maybe he belonged to the man? I'm not sure.) Then, Clover jumped up onto my chest and knocked me over somehow. By the time I got back up, the pigeon had gone off somewhere. The restaurant owner seemed distressed, and wanted me to go look for him.

The second part of the dream involved me looking for Clover among the other pigeons in the downstairs area outside. There were a few other white birds I found, but I knew they weren't him. Clover was the fattest pigeon, these other birds were thinner. I eventually found him among a large group of pigeons gathered around one spot. I was about to go grab him and take him back to the restaurant, but suddenly I heard sirens, and a bunch of police cars arrived in the area, scaring off most of the birds. In the confusion, I lost track of Clover again. I went back to the restaurant empty-handed.

When I got back, it turned out he had come back on his own. And that's about as much of the dream as I can remember.

• Like 1

I had a dream where I had to carry a weird-ass alien elephant thing through a jungle without it getting hurt. It was crazy, and it got its collar tangled up on a fence and almost hung itself. I finally got it home and it started peeing, I was like okay... then it peed more, and I was thinking "this is a lot of pee, I can't let this thing in the house". Now the piss is just flowing and I start to run away. And as I run I can feel a spray raining down on me, I didn't turn around... but I knew what I was being drenched in. I remember thinking the whole thing was ironic, I just get done saving this thing, and it fuckin' pisses on me... and not only that, there's no way it would've been possible for it to be able to pee that much, from that distance, at its size, in real life. It broke physics to say "fuck you I'm peeing on you".

Then I woke up. 

Aw goddammit, I know I had a weird dream last night but I can't remember it now. When I woke up it was all there in my a memory still and then it just went away after about 1 minute.

The one bit I do remember is right at the end. In the dream my phone vibrated REALLY violently, and then me and my dad were worried in case the phone was "angry" or something like that.

Then when I woke up I saw my phone had a notification, so when it recieved that I must have heard the phone vibrating and rattling on my bedside table and then exaggerated and incorporated the sound into my dream. That's kinda neat I guess.

I used to have a lot of the really intense monster type dreams written down but sadly that stuff was lost forever ago and, like most dreams, my actual memory of them is long gone.

I do recall once waking up from a creepy dream and still having this really intense feeling of fear. My dreams are normally the only time I find traditionally scary stuff frightening, which actually makes them kind of cool in hindsight, but normally once I wake up I don't really feel it anymore. This time the feeling was still there, and as I'm looking around my room I see shapes becoming weird creatures just like they would when I was asleep. And I do get false awakenings sometimes, but this time I was definitely awake. So I'm seeing things, and I'm terrified way more than I should be, trying to keep perfectly still and not move. Then out of nowhere, and even though I still felt afraid, I just have this emotionally flat thought that in spite of all this I should probably get up and shower. It was weird because I didn't stop feeling afraid yet: it was like I felt two contradictory things at once.

Anyway, I did get up to shower and sometime during that I stopped seeing things or feeling random terror.

Then when I woke up I saw my phone had a notification, so when it recieved that I must have heard the phone vibrating and rattling on my bedside table and then exaggerated and incorporated the sound into my dream. That's kinda neat I guess.

I had a dream that I kept on missing text messages and it would keep making the notification noise until I woke up to the notification noise coming from my irl cell phone. Funny shit.

I used to have a lot of the really intense monster type dreams written down but sadly that stuff was lost forever ago and, like most dreams, my actual memory of them is long gone.

I do recall once waking up from a creepy dream and still having this really intense feeling of fear. My dreams are normally the only time I find traditionally scary stuff frightening, which actually makes them kind of cool in hindsight, but normally once I wake up I don't really feel it anymore. This time the feeling was still there, and as I'm looking around my room I see shapes becoming weird creatures just like they would when I was asleep. And I do get false awakenings sometimes, but this time I was definitely awake. So I'm seeing things, and I'm terrified way more than I should be, trying to keep perfectly still and not move. Then out of nowhere, and even though I still felt afraid, I just have this emotionally flat thought that in spite of all this I should probably get up and shower. It was weird because I didn't stop feeling afraid yet: it was like I felt two contradictory things at once.

Anyway, I did get up to shower and sometime during that I stopped seeing things or feeling random terror.

Oh man, I feel you on this! Often I have dreams that are exactly the same. Sometimes, nothing particularly scary happens, but there is this overwhelming..... THEME, of fear, that terrifies me whenever something happens.

And in the morning when I try and think about what happened, I'm thinking "oh man, it was SO scary! This guy was walking from one room to another and it was all dark and the music from The Grudge was playing- wait, that ain't so scary...."

Cool in hindsight, yeah, but stupidly terrifying at the time.

I do love how dreams can evoke feelings that I can barely have in reality. Like, the extremes of feelings. It's nice feeling passionate about stuff and it's energising to be that stupidly terrified of something and be fearing for my life. And how I can travel worlds and experience ideas and things that my imagination would never allow in reality. It's like a whole new world there waiting for me at night, and I enjoy going back at night to see what's up next.

I had a dream that I just completed an MGS V mission with one missed optional objective. I look at what it was, and you had to go on a date with one of the female Skull unit members (creepy as fuck snipers who only vocalize in creepy ass breathing) to get info from her. So, ok, I restart the mission and pick her up in inexplicable American suburbia (in Afghanistan) and she has a polite Alabaman accent.

I take her to an ice cream shop that literally has a million ice cream flavors and steer the conversation to mission details in an extremely unsubtle manner, but she doesn't notice. After I get the info out of her I beat her senseless and extract her with the Fulton balloon.

Edited by Lisek