The weird ass dreams thread

Alexxx-Returns

My dream last night involved the Punisher, a WiiU gamepad like I have never seen before, and an ad campaign that transports you to an alternate time line where 9/11 never happened. Also, Nintendo charging for their online services, like Microsoft and Sony already do.

I took a nap and had one of those horrible teeth falling out dreams. It was so bad that dream me started begging that it was all a dream. It felt so real. My teeth are still feeling the phantom aftershocks (when I get intense dreams, phantom feelings afterwards are normal).

Edited by Misomie

One of my personal favourites found me hiding in a shallow trench somewhere in northern France (don't ask me precisely where; I've no interest in identifying the location), with artillery shells and rifle fire erupting all around me. As I kept my head down, I became aware that I was not alone. A man in dusty American infantry uniform was crouched next to me. He met my gaze, grinned, and said "I bet you ten bucks you don't wake up in the next five minutes."

I took a nap and had one of those horrible teeth falling out dreams. It was so bad that dream me started begging that it was all a dream. It felt so real. My teeth are still feeling the phantom aftershocks (when I get intense dreams, phantom feelings afterwards are normal).

I had one of those, once.  I can still recall the disquieting sensation of that slurry of broken tooth shards swirling around in my mouth.

Is your name Nathan Explosions by any chance?

Had a shitload of nightmares last night, some sleep paralysis, but none of that is really strange. What was strange was that during one nightmare, my dead grandparents showed up in the guise of, "Hey, we're just checking in on you" and it was so nice but also kinda fucked since I don't believe dreams hold higher meaning or in an afterlife. 

At the same time, I haven't hugged my grandma in like eight years, so that was cool.

Whole things got me feelin a bit fuxy tbh :\

Edit: worst part is, they told me something and I don't remember what it was.

Edited by Conker

Ugh don't you guys hate it when you're dreaming and want to punch, hit, kick etc. someone but you can't? It's so weird!

I believe this slowdown comes from you waking up, so your limbs begin to feel heavy since you normally can't move them while asleep.

I've found that if I'm being chased in a dream and things are slowing down, if I turn around and charge what's chasing me, I'll return to a more normal sleep state and speed back up.

Course last time I did that a bear mauled me to death and woke me up anyways, so you know, YMMV.

Ugh don't you guys hate it when you're dreaming and want to punch, hit, kick etc. someone but you can't? It's so weird!

I once had a dream that I was in the back of a moving car, and I was punching someone in a seat further forward. I woke up abruptly (and in pain), when I punched my bedside table. I think I'm a bit of an active sleeper. This has made me worried of what I might do if I ever get a partner and go to bed with them (but that's less likely than me growing wings and flying to the moon right now, so I'm not terribly worried). I know I often talk in my sleep if there's strong emotions in the dream. Sometimes, I just talk in my sleep for no reason. I always know it's happening when it happens but I can't stop it.

So the other day I had a dream that LazerMaster5 was a fish and I killed him by taking him out of his tank and leaving him on the table. Everyone here was fish.

I once had a dream that I was in the back of a moving car, and I was punching someone in a seat further forward. I woke up abruptly (and in pain), when I punched my bedside table. I think I'm a bit of an active sleeper. This has made me worried of what I might do if I ever get a partner and go to bed with them (but that's less likely than me growing wings and flying to the moon right now, so I'm not terribly worried). I know I often talk in my sleep if there's strong emotions in the dream. Sometimes, I just talk in my sleep for no reason. I always know it's happening when it happens but I can't stop it.

So the other day I had a dream that LazerMaster5 was a fish and I killed him by taking him out of his tank and leaving him on the table. Everyone here was fish.

Why the fuck was I a fish? And why the fuck did you kill me? What the fuck?

Instead of forcing your mass forward like you would in physicality try to imagine that your punch is already connecting. Try to imagine you're already at your location.

The "forcing" your mass forward in a dimension with no mass (except for what you imagine in your mind) is actually causing your punches to "feel" forced which causes the feeling of sluggishness. 

Last night, I had a pretty fucked dream.
I had a dream that my family and I had decided to go to some FEC (Family Entertainment Center. Imagine Chuck E. Cheese) for some Pizza. It was a smaller FEC, but we went anyways, and we went in and got pizza. I then went exploring, and I found an open door in the back of the restaurant. Inside the door was dark, and I was curious, so I went in. Then, as soon as I stepped in, the door SLAMMED shut, and distorted music started to play. A stage light turned on, and there playing was a terrifying animatronic band. It looked like a cross between the RAE, CEC, and FNAF. The bots were worn down and barely moving. I felt a cold, metal thing on my shoulder, turned around, and saw an animatronic. I then woke up.

• Like 1

I had a dream that my family and I had decided to go to some FEC (Family Entertainment Center. Imagine Chuck E. Cheese) for some Pizza. It was a smaller FEC, but we went anyways, and we went in and got pizza. I then went exploring, and I found an open door in the back of the restaurant. Inside the door was dark, and I was curious, so I went in. Then, as soon as I stepped in, the door SLAMMED shut, and distorted music started to play. A stage light turned on, and there playing was a terrifying animatronic band. It looked like a cross between the RAE, CEC, and FNAF. The bots were worn down and barely moving. I felt a cold, metal thing on my shoulder, turned around, and saw an animatronic. I then woke up.

Just 4 days 'til the party though.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to say that is an awesome dream. Mine are extremely boring these days.

• Like 1

I don't even know what the fuck is up with that shit because I can never punch a murderer but I can always grapple them. throw them around, and break their joints even though they never stop getting up because it's a dream.

Also most of these sorts of dreams end after I get stabbed or shot and don't feel anything. "Oh, this isn't real" and then the matrix evaporates.

• Like 1

My dreams are, on rare occasions, mildly prophetic.

Unfortunately, such brief moments of precognition are always focused exclusively on me and my uneventful daily routine, so I've never gleaned any practical future information on which I could take action beforehand.

Worst damned superpower ever.

• Like 1

Fucking fuck I just had the craziest dream. 

It would be dawn/predawn (like now, fuck why?) everyone's doing their thing; it's hunting season, coffee, early morning stuff.

I'd get out of bed, but I was incredibly... let's say I felt quite heavy, not enough strength to lift myself I guess, because when I'd roll out of bed I'd almost immediately fall over barely able to move, support myself, or get up (like I feel about irl, kek). I tried turning on the lights (no avail, typical dream world), when they wouldn't come one I was getting kinda spooked, no lights, practically useless body, and a sense of spookiness I can barely contain.

It did that a few times, each "morning" we'd wake up do/experience different sometimes unnerving, terrifying shit. 

The worst part though was I couldn't do shit, I was told it was my fault for being evil, things were spooking me, and it happened 3 times before I woke up irl. I think...

The third time in the dream I was able to turn the lights on and wait it  out I think. Still unable to move for the most part. Realizing the spooky things have no power over me as long as I can rationalize what's happening and not let my imagination take over. 

But the fact that I woke up to the same scene 4 times (my bed, pre-dawn), experiencing generally the same spooky shit each time, I had to make absolutely sure I was able to stand up and turn on the lights this time.

Fucking fuck...

But the fact that I woke up to the same scene 4 times (my bed, pre-dawn), experiencing generally the same spooky shit each time, I had to make absolutely sure I was able to stand up and turn on the lights this time.

Fucking fuck...

Repeating nightmares are the worst :(

Edit: Well, not worse than Hitler, but you get the idea :P

Edited by Conker

Let me tell you about the worst nightmare I ever had (for now).

I'm home, chilling, when some cops knock on the door. I go see what it is they want, my mother had already opened it in the meantime and as I walk into the room I see them chatting. I can't remember what it is they were saying but for some reason I pull out a gun and kill the officers. Bam, just like that. The rest of the dream I try to rationalize as to why I did that. I flee with the constant regret of having done something so rash and unnecessary, that if I had kept my cool that I wouldn't have ruined my life. But it was too late: no matter how much I tried to convince myself of the opposite I knew I was in the wrong. So I am trapped in this nightmare, not realizing it's just a dream and thinking until the moment I wake up that everything I was dreaming actually happened, that my life was over, that no matter what I would not be forgiven. It was the worst feeling I ever felt, you can't immagine the relief when I did wake up

Edited by Guest

I have a dream that reoccurs every once in awhile.

So it was my family and I, in a house we used to live in.

I can't remember anything specific, but for some reason I go downstairs to the basement, and there's two thugs and a robot chimpanzee with a top hat and eye glass, and it's, in English, threatening me.

How the hell should I know.

Last night I had a dream of a childhood friend and we ended up having sex in a pond, then went into my house and had sex in the shower. I guess it was like a party or something, and her father was there(who I've never met) and he found out, got really angry and put a gun to my head. I went all action hero on him and managed to turn the gun on him and told him to leave. He left peacefully and then it just devolved into some kind of Furcadia thing... Yeah I dunno

I've been thinking about her a lot even though we haven't really hung out since grade 6. When I entered junior high, she went to a French immersion school and we just really never contacted one another after that. That was also around the time I became anti-social and just wanted to stay inside playing video games with a couple of other friends. I really regret that now, because I think I just recently realized I was attracted to her, if that makes sense... Pretty sure she had a crush on me too. I keep thinking that if I didn't go all weird and become a shut-in that I would've turned out more normal and less depressed. Ah well, all of that is in the past.

lol sorry for the creepy vent

Edited by Phausk

I had a really weird dream after I went back to sleep for about an hour after temporarily waking up. My dreams always seem to be more vivid/memorable when this happens.

I was out in the back garden at about 11 pm, and a little flock of hummingbirds flew into the garden (we don't get hummingbirds in the UK so I dunno why I dreamt this). One of them stayed behind and started talking to me in a derogatory sort of way, and it sounded like Audrey out of Little Shop of Horrors. It kinda grew in size too, to about the size of an eagle, although this seemed to kinda happen unnoticed to me. It kept swooping down to ground level and hovering above the ground with it's wings outstretched.

That was a bit weird.

I had a really weird dream after I went back to sleep for about an hour after temporarily waking up. My dreams always seem to be more vivid/memorable when this happens.

This is a legit lucid dreaming technique, do this often and try to realize you are dreaming and the world is yours.

I dream that I was (or I think I was) Lucario  :) (would be fun) and I was trying to learn to use my power. That power was like telekinesis, to more object with your mind. I was not able to do it, but I find out how to do it. (I think I mix the force from Star Wars)

But in my dream I was not always (or I think I was not always Lucario) Like one moment I'm human (berk) and the next I'm Lucario (or Lucario like) something that would resemblance Lucario.

I would like to be something similar to Lucario, but not a Pokemon. I know I'm not the only one who would like to be a real furry :P 

Last night I had a pretty fucked nightmare. I dreamt that I was taken to New York City against my will, and while I was there, I was stalked by Quinn and their friend (In case you don't know, they harassed me for months and months IRL) and then kidnapped by them. They then took me into a forest and shot me multiple times and made birds shit on me so that the gunshot wounds would be infected. When I woke up, I swear I could feel the stinging.

The other night I had a dream that I was hanging with @Mentova in some weird apartment complex. I should have written down details when I woke up because it was prime fodder for this thread, but I clearly remember it being him. I think he was showing me some comic book a friend of his had drawn? And I had to avoid being seen by the maintenance guy. Apparently maintenance guys want to off me.

Later the dream shifted so it was me ranting to my girlfriend about work-related things while we were in the basement of my parents' house. At one point I said something particularly crass about somebody's much-hyped computing platform, like I wanted to take a piss on it or something along those lines. Of course, that's right as that person walked into the basement (WHY would a senior director be showing up in my parents' basement?) so he had to have overheard me. I knew I was fucked, but he played it like he'd not heard anything, so I had a momentary reprieve.

I think I liked it better when I just had consistent, recurring nightmares of plummeting to my death courtesy of the rickety, twitchy elevators in the office skyscraper my employer used to be headquartered in.

You were so proud of that comic book. And did a fantastic job of making sure I didn't get murderated by the maintenance guy! A+ will dream of again.

I am so glad that I make a good dreambro.

I want cool dreams again. All my recent dreams have involved dumb drama and people being angry at me for some reason.

I am so glad that I make a good dreambro.

I want cool dreams again. All my recent dreams have involved dumb drama and people being angry at me for some reason.

I'm sure this topic will become even more interesting once your NSFW request thread reaches its inevitable conclusion.

Man you blue-ball yourself in your dreams? No offense intended, but I'm pretty sure there's some sort of psychological study to be had, there.

I'm sure a lot of emotional problems could be dug out from my dreams. They either involve video games, the people I care for disowning and hating me for no reason, or weird sex stuff that usually doesn't happen cause I become self aware and get sad. 

I'm sure a lot of emotional problems could be dug out from my dreams. They either involve video games, the people I care for disowning and hating me for no reason, or weird sex stuff that usually doesn't happen cause I become self aware and get sad. 

Well, still glad you kept me safe from the maintenance man!

I dream about a comic that I read this morning before returning to bed. I was living something and I was a rabit. I was at a place (kinda Harvey's) and I was I think with someone. I drink beer and it was not bad (I don't like the smell of beer and I don't drink alchool ) I was(later?) in a radiation suit (but not like those we have) it was red and white I think. The place was not wide there was something I was with tree other with me and I was suppose to check something, but I don't know what I was looking for. And I find something funny with the others and thinking the « boss » would find us there and reply to him that we where hiden from him. I was kinda rememebering that there was like a note in my suite (not the radiation one) and a key? About a meeting at the compagny loudge where I was suppose to go there and meet him.

I dreamt last night that I was petsitting this really cute little hamster. My brother and I were in the kitchen, and I sat her on the kitchen counter (something I would never do IRL, by the way). I fed her bits of lettuce from the fridge, and she stuffed it in her cheeks. At some point I ran out of lettuce, or just didn't offer her any or something, and she bit my hand HARD, right by my thumb. I was bleeding quite a bit. She wouldn't let go until I pinched her ear. (I tried grabbing her neck scruff, but that didn't work.)

During that moment, the fridge, which apparently was the only source of light, closed, so it was super dark in the kitchen. In the time it took me to go switch on the lights, she had run off somewhere... I got mad at my brother for not watching her, and we went through the whole "I thought you were watching her!" bit. I went to look for her and found her in the kitchen pantry/closet where we keep dishtowels, sodas, and paper cups/plates. I fed her a garbanzo bean, picked her up, and all was well.

Except for my hand.

It still felt weird when I woke up. Not painful, just... Uncomfortable.

• Like 1

I know I had a weird dream last night but I can only remember bits of it.

One bit I remember was I had to get changed into different clothes in the living room, in the corner hiding from Ian Hislop (journalist/TV guy very well known in the UK). Dunno why but it was pretty awkward/embarrassing because he walked out the rom quietly when he realised what I was doing.

After that there was some thing to do with a huge government underground bunker thing which I could travel round. I think I mainly stayed on the first level,  which was a bit creepy, and if I went down to the second level I would probably get killed by some sinister thing after failing to hide from it (I think I got this bit from SCP: Containment Breach). I've got a few vague mental images from this part of the dream but that's all I remember of it.

I know I had a weird dream last night but I can only remember bits of it.

One bit I remember was I had to get changed into different clothes in the living room, in the corner hiding from Ian Hislop (journalist/TV guy very well known in the UK). Dunno why but it was pretty awkward/embarrassing because he walked out the rom quietly when he realised what I was doing.

This is fucking hilarious.

I dreamt last night that I was petsitting this really cute little hamster. My brother and I were in the kitchen, and I sat her on the kitchen counter (something I would never do IRL, by the way). I fed her bits of lettuce from the fridge, and she stuffed it in her cheeks. At some point I ran out of lettuce, or just didn't offer her any or something, and she bit my hand HARD, right by my thumb. I was bleeding quite a bit. She wouldn't let go until I pinched her ear. (I tried grabbing her neck scruff, but that didn't work.)

During that moment, the fridge, which apparently was the only source of light, closed, so it was super dark in the kitchen. In the time it took me to go switch on the lights, she had run off somewhere... I got mad at my brother for not watching her, and we went through the whole "I thought you were watching her!" bit. I went to look for her and found her in the kitchen pantry/closet where we keep dishtowels, sodas, and paper cups/plates. I fed her a garbanzo bean, picked her up, and all was well.

Except for my hand.

It still felt weird when I woke up. Not painful, just... Uncomfortable.

This reminds me of one of the most memorable nightmares of my childhood.

It was basically, I had one of those Woody dolls (from Toy Story), but it was different in that both of its legs were connected by another piece of fabric sort of like there was a third leg joining them halfway down the shin, so it all looked like a stirrup. And if ever I was in the room and the lights were off, it would strangle me. it was pretty scary at the time, because I'd be desperately trying to find the light switch and this fucking doll would be threatening to strangle me if the lights stayed off.

So eventually my parents walked in as this doll was strangling me, and it got sent to court where it was sentenced to torture. I was outside the court room, breathing a big sigh of relief as I heard its screams.

This is fucking hilarious.

It was basically, I had one of those Woody dolls (from Toy Story), but it was different in that both of its legs were connected by another piece of fabric sort of like there was a third leg joining them halfway down the shin, so it all looked like a stirrup. And if ever I was in the room and the lights were off, it would strangle me. it was pretty scary at the time, because I'd be desperately trying to find the light switch and this fucking doll would be threatening to strangle me if the lights stayed off.

So eventually my parents walked in as this doll was strangling me, and it got sent to court where it was sentenced to torture. I was outside the court room, breathing a big sigh of relief as I heard its screams.

This is probably the plot of Toy Story 4.

• Like 1

I had a dream that I was in some really gritty city and there was this event where kids sold sour candy (I fucking love sour candy btw, just incase you didn't somehow know that by now) and I went to one of the stalls and bought some sour candy, but they were mostly sold out so I was sad and went to Blockbuster across the street to buy some PS2 games. Then I went back to the stall and bought translucent candy corn

idfk

A couple nights ago I was running topless through town (In my dream of course), hands over my boobs, just trying to get to my destination. It was a school or something. After I arrived I pulled a T-shirt over my head. 

I have no idea where it came from. I put it on and thought where's my hoody, then it became apparent to me I had just put on a T-shirt and that I am no longer topless. 

Then I woke up. 

It's been a while since I woke up so remembering details will be patchy. A lot of the key plot has escaped me but I still remember some weird details.

So in this dream, I moved into a new block of flats on campus. There were (as they are in this one) lots of other housing buildings all around in close proximity - but unlike in reality, in the dream, you could come and go into the corridors and stairwells of these other buildings without a key, as you pleased. You couldn't get into other peoples' dorms though I don't think, just the areas connecting them.

So I was in ONE of them. I don't remember whether it was the one I was living in or not. So my parents dropped me off, and I was around somewhere, and this girl came up to me, and said Hi. She was absolutely beautiful, black hair, brown eyes and olive skinned, her clothing must've been normal enough to pass by me now. But she had a pretty evil grin on her face as she said hello to me. I said hello back.

So at some later point, there was an attempt on my life, that's all I remember. And I began to feel really unsafe as it transpired that this girl was trying to kill me. It became my mission to avoid being anywhere near her just to stay alive, by jumping in and out of all of these buildings so she couldn't find me. It was so important for her to not find out where I was at any moment because if anybody knew, she'd catch wind somehow and hunt me down.

So I hired a detective. He as well was a gorgeous guy. Very tall, wearing a very dark grey suit with a matching bowler hat, and he had an animal ears and tail (as in, he was a literal animal person and the ears and tail were real like in Inuyasha, not as though he was wearing them in costume or anything). And he said he'd keep me safe, and I felt safe around him. We get along well, but over time the attacks started again and it seemed like for all this detective was trying to help me, nothing he was trying was working.

And then he came out with it. "I love her..." he told me with his head in his hand. It turned out that he and this girl had a past relationship of sorts, but she'd turned into some sort of demented monster since then, or was that why he left her? I dunno. He told me (with flashbacks) that even though she was beautiful, as some points in the day she would turn ugly and demonic like a 2,00 year old witch. She, herself wasn't human, I figured, she was something else. And he'd been trying to lure me to her so that she;d be happy and they might get back together.

I don't remember anything after this except, well, running for my life really.

• 2 weeks later...