The weird ass dreams thread

Alexxx-Returns

I've been having so many particularly weird dreams lately, but I've forgotten the most recent ones.

I had a dream yesterday though that one of my tattoos came off. IRL it's healed and been there for almost a year, but in the dream it was scabby only on the black areas, and when I scratched at it, the black parts came off leaving only an inflamed outline where it used to be. I was pretty upset about this and was just thinking about when I could get booked in to get it fixed.

I rarely have nightmares, but I had 2 last night. Both were about serial killers trying to get me and I survived them both. Suck it, serial killers!

What was weird was that there was a point in the first dream where I knew I was in a dream and I was trying to wake up. I didn't have any control of myself in the dream, but I swear I kept switching between the dream and actually waking up. It was a really strange sensation, like the dream kept pulling me back into it.

okay so a few of you have already heard this one but I don't think I posted it here

This is a gorey nightmare, just be warned, also note that both my grandparents are dead and my grandfather was murdered:

My grandma was standing over me with my grandpa's dead body, she was yelling at me about how it was my fault he was dead. She cut his head off and cut it apart, and cut me open and started shoving bits and pieces of him into my womb so that I would give birth to him and make him alive again. Each bit and piece came out and she'd slap it onto his dead body and he just started making gurgling sounds, and his face looked like when I found his body, only bloodier. My grandma wasn't happy with that and started yelling at me more but I woke up. 

Thanks grandma. 

3 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

okay so a few of you have already heard this one but I don't think I posted it here

This is a gorey nightmare, just be warned, also note that both my grandparents are dead and my grandfather was murdered:

My grandma was standing over me with my grandpa's dead body, she was yelling at me about how it was my fault he was dead. She cut his head off and cut it apart, and cut me open and started shoving bits and pieces of him into my womb so that I would give birth to him and make him alive again. Each bit and piece came out and she'd slap it onto his dead body and he just started making gurgling sounds, and his face looked like when I found his body, only bloodier. My grandma wasn't happy with that and started yelling at me more but I woke up. 

Thanks grandma. 

Wow. that's an intense dream!

Edited by Maug

• 3 months later...

I had a horrible nightmare just recently. I dreamed that I was somewhere with my 4 younger cousins, a house I think, and just like that, out of fucking nowhere, I start murdering them all. I had a knife and a gun and with them I commit my crime in utterly gruesome ways. At some point my parents and my uncles and aunts arrive. I don't remember their reaction, if they even reacted at all, but I regret everything that has happened, I repeat to myself ''What have you done, what have you done''. I didn't know I was dreaming, so I was trapped with this horrible feeling that all that was happening was real, that I really did kill my cousins and that my life was over, that I would have spent my remaining time agonizing in regret and guilt for having done something so abominable and unwarranted. Then thank God I woke up

I have no clue what could have triggered something so fucked up. I love my cousins with all my heart, why would I ever dream of doing such horrible things to them? I'm scared. I'm not joking, I'm genuinely upset by this, by the fact that my mind could even conceive this. What the fuck. This is not the first time I had a nightmare of the sort as I've had another dream where I killed people only to deeply regret it afterwards. Maybe there's a pattern that I'm missing. Or, more realistically, I'm just getting worked up over nothing. After all, as horrible as it was, it was just a dream

1 hour ago, Amiir said:

I have no clue what could have triggered something so fucked up. I love my cousins with all my heart, why would I ever dream of doing such horrible things to them? I'm scared. I'm not joking, I'm genuinely upset by this, by the fact that my mind could even conceive this. What the fuck. This is not the first time I had a nightmare of the sort as I've had another dream where I killed people only to deeply regret it afterwards. Maybe there's a pattern that I'm missing. Or, more realistically, I'm just getting worked up over nothing. After all, as horrible as it was, it was just a dream

Dreams are usually a reflection of something you've seen, done or thought about in the day that has acted as a stimulus for what you dream. For example, last night I finished danganronpa 2, a murder mystery game of sorts. Lo and behold I dreamt I was a detective in a murder mystery. That's what the cause is likely to be, but if you can think of literally no realistic reason as to why you would dream something like that... get a second opinion from someone. Someone who you're comfortable talking to, and knows their stuff.

They'll probably tell you that there's some other emotion or feeling that you're not addressing that is just manifesting itself in a dream like that. Perhaps something like you feel as though you're being smothered by your family so you dream of them dying in order for you to no longer feel that way. I'm not 100% sure, as I'm not a psychologist and have never studied it academically.

10 minutes ago, Wax said:

-snip-

Nah it's nothing like that, I'm afraid nothing of what you suggested rings a bell. I certainly wasn't smothered either

It was just a bad dream, and dreams and the subconscious are so mysterious anyway that trying to make any sense of them is pointless. They are just beyond our comprehension I think. I do appreciate your concern though, thank you Wax *hugs*

All my dreams are either nonsensical to the point of hilarity, or existentially terrifying. This most recent one was the latter.

I dreamt that I was in some kind of hospital that looked empty. Heard a commotion down the hall and turned a corner to find a surgeon in blood soaked scrubs leaning his forehead against the wall, back turned to me, with blood everywhere and two dead bodies at his feet. Scene abruptly changes to a small bedroom, with me sitting on a chair facing the bed. The door opens and three figures walk in. One is wearing all black except for a white distorted face like Baghuul from Insidious, with long nappy hair. The other two look like punk rocker clowns, or maybe like something out of Kingdom Hearts, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't see their faces, they were always out of focus. One sits on the bed and puts his feet up on the nightstand while the guy in black pulls out a big hacksaw and begins sloppily sawing off the guy's leg at the knee, before snapping the leg off halfway through the cut and handing it to me along with a hot glue gun.
I suddenly "woke up" (still dreaming) to be lying in bed in a large, upscale house at night, with a security system going off, and began to cautiously explore. I then started hearing evil voices and seeing a figure moving in the shadows so I grabbed a flashlight and large kitchen knife and rushed outside. I began circling the house and as I reach the back I begin to faintly hear a police radio with the dispatcher urging units to respond to a home invasion. I begin to feel brave and relieved so I head back inside through the back door into the kitchen.
Suddenly the hall lights come on, lightning begins flashing outside and I see the weird guy in black creeping around a corner, filling me with primal terror just before waking up (for real).

As I sat there processing what happened I had this idea for it to be a supernatural psychological horror movie, with all this shit going down, then at the end the main character gets killed by cops, and in the epilogue it turns out it wasn't his house he was in; he was the subject of the home invasion call. Furthermore, all the creepy shit was the result of a malignant brain tumor pressing on regions of his brain, especially the parts related to vision and fear response, as his widow finds out from reading the autopsy report.

• 1 month later...

Last night I had a dream that my brain was actually a piece of machinery, like an engine or something, and there were people who wanted to remove a cog from it so it would'nt work right anymore. It was really, really out there, but the concept might work for like a steampunk robot story or something.

I've been having a LOT of dreams about my ex boyfriend lately. I think it's because I don't know if he's alive or not. That sounds fucked up but I think something mig have happened to him last year. I could find out by sending him a message, probably, but I'm scared that I will find out that something did happen to him.

I had a dream where once I was walking down the dirt road of my old house, and it turned into a shallow river, and all the fields were deep, dropoffs into the ocean. Then I was in a boat, and there were buildings at the bottom of the sea, and I could see all the way to the very bottom, even the sand.

Almost all of my dreams involve water in some fashion.

6 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I had a dream where I witnessed an attempted murder of a bastard boyfriend and then got caught up in the cover up.

so did i but the only difference with mine was i was trying to help this mother and 17 year old daughter from a gang and it was the gang leader who was murdered by another member and i was basically the scapegoat so i had to manage avoiding the police and the gang while preventing any forging of evidence that was being made to point to my guilt. I also vaguely remember i was having a casual relationship with the daughter so i had to keep sneaking out of my house while staying hidden by the fore mentioned gang who was patrolling the street ready to kill me all so i could have sex.

worth it!!

• Like 1

Last night I had a dream that whilst talking to my mom about why I dismantled one of my furbies, I kept seeing strange silhouettes of a man in the dark, and I was clearly terrified, but she didn't even notice, and she forced me to stay in my room with the silhouette. It decided to come really close to me. All I remember is that it had dark eyes and fluffy hair.

i've been marathoning Star Trek:TNG every day after work for the last two weeks so last night i had a dream that Worf was my roomie. He wouldn't keep quiet while i slept, kept knocking over shit while dancing around with his bat'leth in the living room, he wouldn't wash his nasty-ass dishes covered in spoiled gagh, he kept howling at the TV and argued with me about everything under the sun! Recalling it now sounds funny but in the dream i was stone-cold pissed how much of a douche he was being.

i'd rather have Data as a roomie.

• Like 1

In my last dream there was a fuckton of NESes in a bin and I was digging in it 

My dreams are pretty boring, just like my life is. I mostly explore a ton of places that never existed in the real world, and I find things. Nothing epic, or even just interesting.

From time to time my brain adds a piano to the story as a subtle reminder of my obsession.

I have had dreams recently that where more me thinking in my sleep. Notably:

A fantasy air force in some kind of steampunk/ dieselpunk cold war setting that I plan to do at least 6 artworks on. Replacing fighters with gryphons and other larger aircraft with dragons or wyverns. The whole thing will look like there is meant to be a story tying them together but there won't be as I haven't the time to type stories anymore. 

A system of elemental magic things that can be placed into most types of crystals that I plan to use as a fantasy way to handwave advanced things like generators, radio, lighting, nuclear weapons, spacecraft, radar, artificial intelligence, CNC machines, and various other bits. This will go in the same setting.

Lastly I have been figuring how my character Frensel would sound like, how he would behave and how I can make a decent backstory for him.

I had this weird dream for some reason I slit my own throat but managed to survive. I talked to a bunch of people with this huge cut on my neck and they never said a thing about it. I think it might have been lucid, because I knew i was in a dream so I decided to do it to see what would happen.

^ a That kind of reminded me of this dream I had a couple of years back where basically, me and 2 other people were turned into a human centipede, I was at the front. And we escaped the place we were being kept at and went to go find help. We ended up in this one building but it turned out they were having a costume contest and we won 1st place.

14 hours ago, JegoLego said:

I never have nightmares anymore, but when I was really young I would have a recurring dream of being left in the car and it rolling away or driving off while i'm the only one in it.

I had the same dream! When I was a kid I dreamed that I was in the front seat of a car with my mum, and we were driving down this road in a wooded area, downhill of course. I looked forwards at the road, and then I look back to Mum and she was GONE. A few seconds of being alone in that car rolling down the hill and then I woke up.

17 hours ago, JegoLego said:

I never have nightmares anymore, but when I was really young I would have a recurring dream of being left in the car and it rolling away or driving off while i'm the only one in it.

My dreams involving cars always ends up with it going off of the road and sinking into the ocean.

So the interesting part of the dream I could remember was i was dreaming I was in a dream (its confusing, but in the dream I was like "so gonna post this of Phoenixed when I get home") and was walking home from my friends near midnight as usual. These two cats were fighting then one stood up on two legs, put its hands up and backed away. Then it hugged the other one.

It gets weirder.

I make my way home, for some reason I'm carrying the cat and my friend followed me home. I think I've waken up but obviously I'm still dreaming. I put the cat onto the counter and then through some weird baking magic I turned it into a living cake but I messed up its feet so it just had stumpy feet but it didn't care.

Also the one where, bear with me here, talking bathroom supplies in an animated movie are flushed down the sewers and must survive. A toilet and toilet paper must work together. Then abruptly it cuts to a racist hillbilly showing a native American woman a lottery card that says "Indian lottery" and says something along the lines of "you're  an Indian, can you tell me what the winning numbers are since Indians made this lottery ticket." I was cringing through this one.

I think Hitler also appeared at one point in a offhand fashion, like he was just there. 

That wasn't even the entire dream, just the sorta interesting bits.

Why can't I have normal dreams? 

• Like 2

So last night I had an interesting dream about a video. The video seemed to be recorded in the 80s, and it had kind of bad lighting. It showed a man taking apart an animatronic toy, which he described as having a major fire hazard he wanted to show off. The man had a generic British accent, which sounded oddly familiar. However, this familiarity came into light when the lighting itself got a bit better. His face was exposed, and guess who it was? Yeah, that's right. Freddie Mercury. I guess my dreams are mixing my niche obsessions now.

I had a dream that @Joel had to come out about several new changes in his life, including being super gay and professing his love as well as confessing his lifelong dream to become a sailor and want to travel somewhere far, far away on a boat. The local news media was super interested in those facts for some reason

...I uh, I have no idea why I had a random dream about that, tbh

• Like 2

I had a dream that I went back to school. One of my new classes required me to always be on a computer. Unfortunately, just as the class started some hacker hacked every computer on Earth, simultaneously. Thus taking over the world. I was pretty upset about this so I decided to break into his house to gather intelligence to bring him down. I found out that he lived with his girfriend, who he abused and also did seem to notice me when I was right in front of her, and a drug addicted hobo. I also found out he owned two cum-stained fursuits, demonic spiderwebs, and Bart Simpson.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream where the big thing for addicts to do is to puke chocolate. I had to get out of a carpark, but there were too many people puking chocolate. So I was trying to escape all these puking weirdoes. But while escaping I kept finding people doing more horrid things until I came across a guy fucking a dead horse then I woke up.

• Like 2

I had just one long dream last night in chronological order, starting with something about my dad or newly discovered brothers being in some busty ass jail, me trying to break them out, me going to court and being sentenced to 3 years and 6 months and a 6k fine... the prison was actually nice and I felt at home as weird as that sounds.

It was just so weird, I thought... low security prison, regular meals, I could get medical or psychiatric help, I could be free of distractions to practice and develop hypnotherapy while doing research in the library...... if I ever felt like killing myself I could go seek help.

I know that's not how prisons are, but god it was such a relief.... when I got there I was prepared to have to kill rapists, thought it would be everyday survival... I get there and it was a place I could develop my skills and help other people while being something that felt like I was actually valued.....

Weird ass dreams, I guess it just means right now I have too much stress and feel worthless like I don't matter and can never matter.

I feel so worthless to society that I think even me being in prison would allow me to feel more important.

Fuck, I don't know.... I just think I'm nothing so worse than nothing in fact because I just see what potential I could have had and get to see it lessen day by day until everyone sees me for the worthless heap I am.

Maybe I should take a car trip out to the bushlands in new mexico and.... go live out there. I would bring some starter supplies and I think I would live. This is actually sounding like a really good idea and I'm considering it, aslong as I found a source of water I would live just fine!

• Like 1