The weird ass dreams thread

Alexxx-Returns

I was very ashamed because I attempted to murder one of my old friend's because I had another personality who was very similar to how Jason (from the horror films) acted.

She was understandably pissed, yet for some reason I was still with my friend at his house, hanging out.

This was like, one random scene from an incredibly long dream I had.

Johnny English: The Game.

It was basically you played as Rowan Atkinson and went around with a gun, and whenever you got close enough to certain objects (such as a rock formation), he'd crack wise. Which is odd, because I don't remember the character in the movie ever really cracking wise in this way.

After I woke up I started thinking about the hypothetical replay value of such a game. Seems to me like you have 2 options - he repeats a certain number of jokes at specified objects/NPCs indefinitely, and they get boring. Or, they only play for the first few encounters and then you get nothing, and the game would get boring for different reasons. Either way, the replay value would probably be pretty bad.

Had a dream that I was the driver of a school bus. Sort of.

Imagine a passenger train, but each train car is actually a school bus, and they're coupled together and on a track. And the busses were filled with people of all ages, because it was a passenger/commuter train. And apparently whoever was supposed to control it disappeared, so I volunteered or was forced. I remember the first bus derailing a couple times but that seemed to require just turning the wheel back and forth until the wheels got back on the track. Strange.

Seatbelts everyone!
Please let this be a normal field trip...
With the Frizz! NO WAY!

• Like 1

In my dream there was some weird convention or something, I think it was a mashup of a science fair, a horror movie convention, and a furry convention. Attached was a really filthy hotel with really awkward rooms. Also, I imagined @PastryOfApathy as some scrawny dude.

Just had a dream where my phone lock screen wallpaper randomly decided to change itself from this innocuous raccoon picture I use to lewd furry boobs. In public. Not sure what that's supposed to mean lmao.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream where I was cuddling on a bed with this cute, long haired brunette (brown hair, my favorite) who was just a friend, and I was lying on my back and she was spooning next to me, and we were looking at this "photo album" but the photos were stills of disney animated movie songs and you could click on them and they'd play the disney song. And she was laying on top of me a bit and being goofy and then smooched me, and then acted like she did it on accident. So I accidentally smooched her back. It was the most adorable thing ever.

Also, I was waiting for a ferry to go across an industrial/urban bay, but the ferry was just a barge with a large metal-sided building on top of it, and it was docked to what looked like a flat paved shipping dock. The ferry didn't seem to be ready to leave so I went back ashore. I came back and it was starting to drive away into the water, and I chased it along with a whole lot of other people who apparently didn't realize it was leaving either, and some of us ran into the water to try to catch it.

So, I was a child, and I was in school (never been). Everyone was sad, even the teacher, and we were all packing away the supplies, saying goodbyes and visiting favorite spots for the last time. I knew no one, but was still miserable, and watched a corner I'd never see again. So finally I took a frame off the wall and gave it to the teacher, telling her it was hers, and left.

I dreamt that my two sisters and I were in our teens and the eldest was driving us somewhere in a car, while me and the other sister were being little shitheads in the back seat. At some point the eldest had about enough of our shit so she held up this fucking enormous  Dirty Harry revolver, I swear this thing looked like it was chambered in .50DE. She blindly points it over her shoulder with one hand and shoots out the back window to make us be quiet. Turns out, it was just a .22 revolver with like a 30 round capacity, which somehow made it fucking hilarious. The rest of the dream followed that pattern, with me and the middle sister getting into shit, punctuated by the loud PAP of another .22 going through the back window.

I have been having these rather peculiar dreams as of late, they seem to follow a simple premise of the current day "me" awakening into my body during different parts of my life. Sometimes in the future, sometimes in the past.

I have had a dream of the future sort before, it was my wedding night and it seemed as though I had sorted my life out quite well..... however, it was the modern day me. I was ignorant of such things as the fact we were renting a mansion for the wedding (with all of my family), and I made a complete disaster of everything. I was so thin it was like I was a cancer patient or something, just bones and skin. 

During these dreams everyone around me is... normal, and confused by me. I try to tell them what day "I" am from, and any key events in the future that are unexpected so they later know that I am telling the truth.

Last night, I visited highschool, back when I could see my friends. Back before brain damage, back when everything was... open to change. It was very strange, I sat in the classroom and remembered people I had long since forgot.

During my dreams, I have a sort of prescience, I do not fully sleep. I spend the night thinking and such. So what I decided to do was to test this ability (dream logic thinking it was real) by visiting an old friend of mine whom I call Ryuku (horrible at verbally remembering unfamiliar names such as his, he is from the ryuku islands hence ryuku).

So I visit him, before we met, and it was..... fascinating. I know it was just a dream but it was still a very cool thing. Weird to "meet" someone you now consider to be a close brother before they know you.

Anyways, that's weird dreams with Johanna night. Always dreaming of weird superpowers for some reason.

Just had a dream about a new episode of Black Mirror.

Basically, it takes place in a post-apocalyptic world caused by... legos. Not lego men either - just straight up legos. It does the normal Black Mirror thing where it just throws you into the story and you have no idea what's going on, leaving you to try and figure it out. Any structure made of colored legos is cased in gray legos (and occasionally metal), and some legos seem to cause instant burning pain upon touch, like the wicked witch of the west poking a wet sponge or something. Not all of them, though - they could touch some legos without any problem, and they even had weapons made of legos.

At some point, one of the characters, a little girl around 13-14 years old, starts singing to the tune of Grenade by Bruno Mars about how stupid it is that all of this plastic was put towards legos rather than something more practical. It goes on way too long, and occasionally you think she's dropped into normal monologue... but nope. Still singing.

That's about it. I also had a dream where the Google Glass was basically the Grain/Z-Eyes/whatever, and I went around all like "OMG GUYS IT'S JUST LIKE BLACK MIRROR!!"

I haven't watched or even thought about Black Mirror in months, so this was kinda out of nowhere. I honestly kinda want to see this episode now.

An odd dream I had last night, about Fossas, of all things.

It was as if it was a trailer for a B-Move from the 50s-70s, called, "Attack of the Fossas", where the Fossas invade north America. It's mainly as if I'm watching the footage, but at points, as if I'm also in the footage. It begins with a scene of these Fossas in a cave, having captured a group of people, and forcing them to join the Fossas; one man resist, as he was a marine, and it would go against his pledges, but one Fossa grips his hand so tightly with his paw/claw, that he turns red in the face, and relents, as the Fossas all laugh. 

Cut to a scene in the mid-west' some college kids are running back home, terror in their eyes, shouting, "The Foassas are coming, Run!"

Cut to a scene with a father and son: Father is a biker-dude, beer gut yet 'tough', though also a hipster, wearing a Joy Division t-shirt, jeans and boots. Alongside him is his son, carrying skateboard, age 9. He looks up and asks, "Dad, you're not gonna let the Foassa get us, are ya?!", and here, I groan, thinking: How corny! Of all the cheap sentimentality, ans ways to make Fossas look back, drag out the cute little kids. A few more similar father and son scenes follow, just as corny. All the fathers are bikers, but have T-shirts on of bands like the Cure, Belle and Sebastian, and such.

Cut to a living room, the one of the home I grew up in. Several people, neighbors that I do not know, have taken up refuge there, shaking and scared. The Fossas have somehow made all guns disappear, and all explosives, so all we have are knives, and power tools. We find a power drill, and arm ourselves, nervously waiting for the Fossa Attack.

Cut to voice over. "Who will prevail when Fossas go bad? Blood, teeth and fury await in "Attack of the Fossas!" (or some such)

Was odd, but amusing. Among a handful of Fossa dreams, so far.

But what does it mean?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a truly strange dream last night, or rather several.

I feel as though one I have had many many times before. It begins with horseplaying with three guys on a dirty river, who try to push a small rusty refrigerator towards me because of a (rather nasty) suprise inside it. There are rafts on the river, aswell as a great deal of debritis. I fall off the raft, and they don't help me get back on so I desperately swim to shore and away from the debritis covered area. I swim along a the river to a destination. There is always a stick floating in the water I can use to push myself away from the things underneath pushing at my legs. Sharp, slender things. Maybe tree branches but feels more like metal. I avoid the bubbles I see rising in an area, as if I know something is underneath. I go towards a grove, and once I get there there is a small doorway with a canine of some sorts. A curtain leads onwards to a sunny day outside but I see a window leading down to a cliff. I break it and let myself fall, fall.

What comes next is... strange to say the least. I see a landscape that is like a house in the mountains, but it is like my mind sees the details but fills them with what I am familiar with. Everything is so green and lush.

Next comes, I'm a little girl and I see a woman with a simple dress and light green cloth covering her upper body at a busy brown river. There are other children near her, they appear to be picking this green stalk with a bulb at the bottom. I am like maybe 6, I run up, eat some of the pickings, and talk. There are busy people working in simple rafts, other small children nearby, and what look like big tadpoles wadling through the shallows. We talk about maybe visiting relatives in kansas, about big apple trees and I look up at the trees near us. Huge jungle trees, overgrown, and talk about how we can climb these too just we would get bit.

Then there is more hyper realistic, I enter a house, there is my... mother? Abuelos daughter in law? In the dream, a lighter skinned lady with dirty blond hair. We talk about... someone dying in a war in 1978, how he thought (freedom?) was worth dying for. I then talk to my abuelo in the dream, Savastano. His hair was old and gray/white, there were cataracts in his eyes. We talked about how he had been diagnosed with cancer, like I had gone to visit him once I heard the news. I think his house was the one with a view, one where I talked with the one who ended up dying in a war later. I think in the dream it was Savastanos son.

I wake up, soon after. It was very weird, and at the river and the Abuelo's house it was hyper realistic. I think.... there was some kind of tv going at the time, about a cultural celebration where people shoot fireworks over a river.

Weird weird dreams, oh and I pet a boar of some kind and it was real cute and only smelled slightly of carrion.

• Like 1

Strange dream where I was in a clothing store. Watching some guy with a video game controller and one of those racing drone VR goggles. And both of them controlled a fat black woman who was floating belly down about 4-5 feet off the ground, like she was a drone. Except instead of fans, she propelled herself around with her farts. Press the stick forward and she'd fart her way forward, ect. Directional farts for steering.

I'm sure this is someone's fetish.

This dream is really weird and specific but it was kinda scary.

I dreamt I flew out to some country in North Africa. I can't remember what country it was specifically, but I'm pretty sure it was Mauritania. Anyway, I'm supposed to go on this trip with a tour group but I get declined because I don't have any identification for some reason. The group leaves without me and I'm on my own in the middle of a busy, unfamiliar city. I look in my bag to get some water out but it's filled with weird spines from like a porcupine or hedgehog or something, and I get some stuck in my finger. Then it weirdly registers in my head that they're poisonous, and I feel myself collapsing on the floor, crawling into the road and trying to pull out my phone to call the emergency services.

The weirdest thing about the dream was I felt the sensation of my airway closing and it becoming really hard to breathe. I woke up instantly after but yeah, it was weird.

So, uh... I've been having dreams about work. Like, that I'm at work getting ready to leave, and as usual I'm behind. Last night I dreamed this, and I didn't get all of the work done. I woke up stressing about how I didn't get the work done, and I'm still feeling anxious that I didn't finish it. I just have a strong, overwhelming feeling of something not being finished.

I dreamed that I was laying in the yard and all my dead dogs were there with me. It thankfully wasn't one of my usual lucid dreams so I didn't realize it was dream and they couldn't be there because they were dead. Instead they all just acted excited to see me as dogs get when they haven't seen their owner in long time. Which in this case I guess they hadn't. Has been several years(decades?) since they died. I played with them in the yard and gave them pets and hugs. Felt like nice reunion. <:

• Like 5

I had a dream that started out fairly adult (so I won't recount that part since this ain't RL) but it ended with me walking into the apartment that I apparently lived in and finding a mentally I'll black neighbor of mine had broken in and given me some huge flat screen TVs and was just passed the fuck out in the middle of the living room floor.

I had a bizarre dream in which I was grinding my teeth until I lost a tooth and my sister thought I was joking, and then ALL of my teeth started to fall out. In-dream I got up and immediately started to fall over, apparently I woken up from the tooth dream, and I was trying to tell my dad and he told me something about because Ann's seizures, and then Ann told me something about "because you wanted me to teach in the classroom" and then I woke up

I dreamed that I went on vacation with my family, only instead of a resort or something, we had our own little house there? Was weird.
I remember going to a party with someone at some point, too. I think there was barbecue. ...I don't remember much else about that one :v
When I got back to the house, I remember really missing my little dog, who we hadn't brought with us. I was looking across the road to the house in front of us, and there was a pug staring back at me from the porch. I don't think I called it or anything, just kind of... Willed it to come to me. So it came over to our doorstep and I petted him for a while. It made me feel a little better, though I still missed my dog.

After that I remember going to a store full of pool toys for sale, and trying to pick out something to buy. I think one that stood out to me was a giant turtle one, where the shell was a big dome you could sit and relax inside. (I'm a little disappointed that isn't a real thing now, haha.)

Towards the end of the dream I remember being really relaxed and happy, since we were on vacation and I had nothing to worry about, no deadlines, no school...

AND THEN I WOKE UP.

I still have homework due tomorrow (actually, later today), along with a final.
I could freaking FEEL the stress rush back to me upon realizing this.

...On the bright side, at least I got to go pet my dog.

THE NAZI SCHOOLBUS WITH FRAULEIN FRIZZLE

I had a dream that myself and a couple of my friends were back in school, and the teacher was Ms. Frizzle (from Magic Schoolbus). We were learning about World War II and she decided we should learn about prisoner arts and crafts... so she sent us back through time to a fucking French village about to be overrun by the Nazis, except she didn't tell us about the POW part nor the Nazi part, she just dropped us off in some empty village seventy years ago and told us to start making dinky little souvenier shit. So we do, and then just as we're finished the fucking Wehrmacht comes knocking. SOMEHOW we convince them we're harmless (I think one of us got them believing it was a group of crazy retards on a special little outing) and so they let us go (a few troops even help us pile our dumb shit up on some villager's wheelbarrow) and I'm the one tasked with taking it. As soon as we're all out of German sight we get picked up by Ms. Frizzle, except me.
I'm walking down some fucking train tracks which FOR SOME REASON bring me back to the correct time. I come up to a train station near the school and this fat bitchy piece of shit station attendant is giving me a bunch of shit saying she can't open the gates and that I have to buy a ticket and all that and eventually I just throw all the arts and crafts shit over the fence and climb over myself, she's fucking losing it and tries to punch me in the mouth. I painlessly catch her fist with my teeth and start licking her knuckle, which disgusts her and she just walks away muttering, then I look around to see all my schoolmates cheering and imitating the gesture as credits music starts playing like it was all some damn movie.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a nightmare (I'm calling this a nightmare) last night that I was staying at some hotel a long way from home (long enough that I had to take a coach trip to get back home) and for some reason I brought a LOT of my home items, including my waifu pillow. I only had enough space in my bag for about half of my things and I remember leaving my waifu pillow on the bed and leaving the hotel room for the last time.

I was already on the coach headed home when I asked the lady who ran this whole operation that was... the reason... I was out there in the hotel at all, if she could go get him for me. She said no, and that maybe one of the hotel staff would do it and I was panicking because for some reason I trusted this lady to handle him but not anyone else. I definitely was sleep-talking again. Something like "I am scared... that they will... hurt him." I always know when I'm sleep talking but I can't stop it.

I have more dreams about that pillow being lost or destroyed or damaged than I do about anything else, I swear to god. My sleeping mind can get really creative with how it's done.

• 1 month later...

Last night I dreamed that I was at work, and my coworker decided halfway through the day that we were gonna use my car to deliver the rest of the mail instead of the van (I mean my car has a LOT of trunk space but I think that's pushing it). At that point 2 more coworkers came along - one who is real and another who does not exist and my dream made up. The one who exists got in the front passenger seat and my regular coworker got in the driver's seat. I got in the back seat with the one who doesn't exist. My car only has 2 seats IRL.

Coworker who doesn't exist then starts making out with me. My thoughts were something along the lines of "he's kind of a bad kisser but at least I might get laid" and I stopped him because we were still working. So we get parked up at the next place and all 4 of us get out and round a corner on foot. Sudden;y there's a landslide of rubble around the corner, and a bunch of stuff, including my car, is completely submerged in rocks. A bunch of people show up including my parents, who advise me to start taking photos for the insurance when they remove the rubble. When they do, the car was unrecognisable. It kinda looked like GlaDOS tbh. I remember taking photos of the license plates and having to write on a piece of paper what the licence number actually WAS because it was so punched out on the car you couldn't read it.

Then I woke up for a minute or two, then went back to sleep and I remember telling my mum I thought I was dreaming and she said "No Alex, unfortunately this is what you're having to deal with so you have to make the best of it" or something. Then I woke up for real and I was like "told ya."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

oh, the other day I kinda had a funny dream

So I was trying to get a hotel room for some reason, I was at a receptionist desk scrolling through my phone trying to find pictures of an important document or something, I couldnt find it so I had handed the phone to the woman

...except I forgot...I HAD FURRY PORN COMICS SAVED ON IT...and she kept swiping! She eventually got to them and I was really embarrassed "oh...uh...s-sorry", she seemed unfazed though "No, it's fine"  she nods, "hmmmmm....mhmmm" she nods, and keeps swiping. 

So she's just nonchalantly flipping through observing the furry porn on my phone, and Im really annoyed that we couldnt find the documents so finally I said "Augh, fine you know what? I got this!" So I pulled the four pack of jello out of my pocket, set it on the counter, took a picture of it, and handed her the phone with the picture on it

I often have the kind of dreams where something I haven't seen yet is described as incredibly frightening and then I try my best to get away from the thing or close my eyes. That's what happened in my dream one night and even if I closed my eyes and covered my face with my hands, I could still see the frightening thing through my eyelids and hands - this time it was some kind of an unsettling ghost figure that violently flashed between black and white and it had staring, unblinking eyes.
The recent dream and some others with the same theme also feature people that try to force me to look at the thing and I frantically protest but end up either seeing it or waking up.

• 3 weeks later...

Kept dreaming about scorpions the other night... I was in the garden of my father's house, playing as a kid, and get seeing progressively larger scorpions until suddenly I was hiding from absolute giants.
I'm sure an argument could be made that scorpions symbolize something, but I honestly couldn't have the slightest idea what xD

• Like 1

Had multiple dreams the other night that I was a woman. Most took place in bars and men were being creepy, so that sucks. Woke up feelin' pretty confused.

In one of them i could magically change my hair color though, which was pretty rad. I'd take that as a super power.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a weird dream where I had to near-drown Hillary Clinton to death in a toilet bowl and she was fine with it

Some guy was gonna like destroy the world if I didn't do it

Then I bumped into Hillary in the supermarket, apologised and she was like 'it's alright, I only got an infection from the toilet water'

1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

I had a weird dream where I had to near-drown Hillary Clinton to death in a toilet bowl and she was fine with it

Some guy was gonna like destroy the world if I didn't do it

Then I bumped into Hillary in the supermarket, apologised and she was like 'it's alright, I only got an infection from the toilet water'

That's amazing

• Like 1

I had a dream that I got hired by a company I applied for, but I ended up in New York City somehow. Then I ended up helping Boeing, even though I'm a nuclear engineer and not aerospace. I saw the inside of their repair facility which was just filled with jet engines being worked on and tuned (not really sure how you'd tune it, maybe compressor adjustments?). Then I went back to the other company to help them with designing a reactor, and I ended up accidentally being in the reactor hall when it came online, and as a result I got a huge radiation dose. I was rushed to a hospital and given some iodine to counteract it, but it ended up failing. So for my dying wish I wanted to start up the reactor one last time (not sure why, but it's a dream after all). I ended up doing that and somehow it altered me and now I had the ability to generate massive amounts of gamma radiation in huge bursts that were capable of destroying a bunch of stuff. Then the dream ended. So I guess I gained superpowers (not sure if I became a villain or hero, probably an anti-hero).

I had a dream last night, in which I was a woman for some reason and I had been visiting my husband who was in jail (For voluntarily taking the blame on something he didn't do, probs to save me or something) for five years and he was getting out today.To get to the prison, I had to jump over electrified railway tracks and narrowly dodge a train in doing so. I got in the complex and had to spectate my husbando compete and complete a tough as nails gauntlet of fire and traps to win freedom.

Well we got reunited and out of the fucking blue he presents me with a 4yo daughter of mine I didn't even know I had (How that works I have no idea. It's just #dreamlogic) and holy fuck the emotional flood of having your kid back from wherever was huge. Shit, everything was great and hugging my kiddo felt good and so right. Let me say that again. It felt really good. For a person who has battled with depression/bipolarism that feeling right there, that thing? That's something incredibly rare and precious.

We then left the facility and somehow got lost in a castle in which we were ambushed by either a tour guide or a teacher..

Then I woke up and forgot the whole thing, until I happened to see a family photo on fb. I felt really bad afterwards, and I wish I could go back to that strange as hell genderbent family adventure.

Recently I dreamed I was stuck inside a Pink Floyd song. Not any specific one, just a song. There was a vale with a wall with blue bricks in it that glowed and gave out a lovely blue light, and two elderly couple danced in the light.

When the ferry/whatever the fuck brought us there was going to leave one of them said "Oh, I think I want to stay here". So some guy came in to get them out and his mind got literally blown. Over time, everybody in there went insane and it took quite a dark turn for a brief moment before I woke up.