Other Types of Reaction Buttons

Socketosis

Someone brought up a 'Licks' reaction for posts last year sometime. I thought maybe we could have some ideas for different kinds of reactions other than 'Like'. I've seen this on some other forums which I assume was accomplished by extensions.

There was a few posts I wanted to put a 'Hug' reaction on. :P

• Like 1

As I recall, the design team released a how-to that shows folks how to change the text, albeit the effect is visible only to you. That said, the more generic like button is more suitable to a wider audience and for those (like myself at work) who would prefer to minimize overly furry design integrated into the forum layout. Subtly is better in that regard.

More over, having multiple reaction types seems unnecessary complicated and not very useful.

EDIT: It was actually a post by Onnes, made here.

Edited by DrGravitas
Adding link
  • Like 1

Confession: I actually use the "lick" script.

lick.jpg

But anyway, I agree with the above that changing the button itself or adding more reaction buttons seems unnecessary. If you really want to show a different reaction, you could just, you know, post a reply.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

But anyway, I agree with the above that changing the button itself or adding more reaction buttons seems unnecessary. If you really want to show a different reaction, you could just, you know, post a reply.

I didn't think "*hug*" would make a very good post :P

1 hour ago, Chrysocyon said:

Confession: I actually use the "lick" script.

lick.jpg

You've been licking all the weird shit I've posted in red lantern?

The hell is wrong with you?! 

722a070d12ac6b9079de4764fe4d165b.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

My vote would be to just leave it at just "Like" and nothing more, too many choices just makes it spammy and unnecessary. A Like can convey pretty much any other form the button could possibly take on without being too confusing or weird.

But what if I don't like it, and feel everyone should know my passive aggressive dislike?

• Like 1

Would the various passive aggressive and other negative reactions still confer a point of reputation? Would the system be able to differentiate between good and bad reactions or would you end up raising someone's rep even as you basically tell them to get fucked?

If not, then I don't think this option makes sense.