My boyfriends keep turning into girls.

tryme

As someone assigned male at birth I will just butt my way in.

Trans girls/guys are trying desperately to fit into their assigned gender and that brings a lot of confusion to them, so they try to do cis things, they try to do straight things. Some start thinking "Hey maybe I'm gay?!". They are not trying to decieve anyone when they accept themselves for who they are. Sure I understand it sucks to be attracted to Guys and to then findout that your Boyfriend is actually a Girlfriend.

Ayattar - I agree, the best age for MtF to transition is around the start of puberty. Get that estrogen in early! Wish I did.

• Like 1

To be clear, no one in this thread has said she should date anyone who she doesn't date.  It's her attacks on the appearance of those she's dated and her blaming the fluoride in the water for her problems are being single that has been criticized.

Edited by AshleyAshes
  • Like 1

Don't know what to tell you, OP.

I am sorry that you keep being thrown for a loop in your relationships. You go in expecting one thing, and end up with another, and that sort of thing will give anybody whiplash.

Others here are right that your exes deserve compassion, courtesy, and respect, because they're trying to find their way through the woods of Who and What the Hell Am I, and that's always more difficult when you sense that you aren't just like everyone else around you.

You'll have to sort out your other feelings for yourself. Some people can hold onto their feelings for a mate through the other's transition, and some people find that they can't. I generally don't like to be in the business of telling people who or how to love or lust.

It is interesting that this keeps happening to you again and again, and I wonder if there's something about you that attracts non-gender-conforming folks to you, or you to them.

• Like 1

that depends entirely on your standard of beauty. ;3 

which i I guess is the Barbie model. 

No, standards of beauty aren't something you can discuss. They lie in proportions and symmetry and were even mathematically calculated. And since transwomen made out of men have skeletal structure which is not optimal for their new fat allocation, they'll never be as beautifull as they could be if they started transition before reaching full adulthood. Ridiculously big palms being one of the examples.

To be clear, no one in this thread has said she should date anyone who she doesn't date.  It's her attacks on the appearance of those she's dated and her blaming the fluoride in the water for her problems are being single that has been criticized.

No. It's you being dumb jerks making fun out of people uneducated in that matter and having different opinion.

It is interesting that this keeps happening to you again and again, and I wonder if there's something about you that attracts non-gender-conforming folks to you, or you to them.

That's what I meant by saying "pattern".

• Like 1

No, standards of beauty aren't something you can discuss. They lie in proportions and symmetry and were even mathematically calculated. And since transwomen made out of men have skeletal structure which is not optimal for their new fat allocation, they'll never be as beautifull as they could be if they started transition before reaching full adulthood. Ridiculously big palms being one of the examples.

nope. Beauty changes over time. Fats were considered sexy in the olden days cuz it displayed your wealth, the 1940s and 30s showed off some very shall we say "handsome" women as movie stars and their deep voices were considered the sex. 

Symmetry is always part of human beauty standards but that's about the only correct part of your post. 

• Like 1

nope. Beauty changes over time. Fats were considered sexy in the olden days cuz it displayed your wealth, the 1940s and 30s showed off some very shall we say "handsome" women as movie stars and their deep voices were considered the sex. 

Symmetry is always part of human beauty standards but that's about the only correct part of your post. 

Everything is correct about my post. I did my research both as a historian and an artist. .

Now go and ask someone competent about differences in male and female skeletal structures.

Well the Thai and Indians are just weird as fuck to begin with. They still have the ladyboy and hijra thing going on (which isn't widely accepted apparently).

As for the rest of this thread, it seems derailed. Maybe my "theory" was wrong and outdated, but the point still stand that I feel like I'm being deceived. To me, it's just as bad as being cheated on. I can't imagine the people who are married for years and one of them comes out... must be incredibly hard on the cis one. Though, maybe like Signy mentioned, if I loved someone for so long, I could maybe look past it. But these relationships were less than a year.

Dating=/=Marriage...dating has the potential for breakups and learning more about your partner. Your partner was not being intentionally deceptive just uncomfortable about coming out f a gradually learned aspect of her life.

As one in the same situation, I may have been hurt too...mostly for both our well-beings because had I known that I may have let her learn what decisions she wanted to take. However, when things changed along the way, it did make me reevaluate the concept, and I concluded much like Signy that I may not be attracted to most women the same way but I was close enough to this person that I'd love her and be just as attracted to her in female form, as she was still pretty much the same person in every way.

I dont blame you for preference but dont get angry over a natural occurrence, be nice . By all means if you feel it helps put that on your profile, just write a disclaimer its for personal preference and not because youre some transphobe hater

Edit: Also OP has a lot of rude-sounding responses but still just sounds dim/uneducated, not intentionally ignorant and transphobic.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Human beings are naturally drawn to symmetry, signs of good health and resilience, and to particular anatomical proportions, so in that sense, "beauty" is not merely in the eye of the beholder. Ayattar is correct there.

But, other aspects of beauty are absolutely subjective. At some points in history, fat people have been considered beautiful; in other periods, thin has been in. Butters is right about that.

It strikes me that individual humans can absolutely develop fetishes or sexual preferences that run contrary to not only "the norm," but even, to what's considered "adaptive" for survival and reproductive success---hence, people who are turned on by morbidly obese people, anorexically thin people, amputees, people with disabilities, feces, blood, children, animals, intersex people, and the like.

Because of all the factors in play, I don't feel like I can assert that trans people are never or will "never" be considered "beautiful," because there are a lot of assumptions at work there (and also in the inverse statement). But, it is true, at least, that the trans women who can "pass" better because they have gentler features and/or get plastic surgery generally enjoy a warmer reception from society than the trans women who have trouble "passing" because of their large hands and broad faces. (But, then, it seems like trans men who don't fully pass don't endure as much criticism as trans women who are in the same boat--maybe because trans men with more delicate features appear boyish, which is still "OK" in people's minds.)

In any case, plenty of folks find Laverne Cox smokin' hot, so do with that what you will.

Edited by Troj
  • Like 2

Initially, it's Butters who missed the point.

But unsuprisingly, Kinharia got it.

Now go, make a beautifull woman out of Schwarzenegger. All you could end with would be Maria Mutola.

Not every woman is "beautiful" and as such not every trans-woman will be either.

If you think we can't be beautiful women, you are wrong. Many cis-males could be prettier women than many cis-women.

There are things that will be different in some, but it doesn't make them any less beautiful, it just makes them normal.

• Like 1

Either way, at the end of the day, hotness is as hotness does, and hotness isn't everything.

People are still worthy of basic respect, compassion, and courtesy, even if they're physically ugly as sin.

Whether or not we embrace or accept trans people shouldn't be contingent on their fuckability.

• Like 3

My initial point, ie. making beautifull woman out of a grown-up man being harder than making it out of a teenager, remains.

Also, another thing. Why are you afraid so much of using adjectives such as "ugly"? Why does it always need to be "normal" or "average"? Humans do look like potatoes pretty often. Why are you trying to be forcefully politically correct?

In any case, plenty of folks find Laverne Cox smokin' hot, so do with that what you will.

Holy hell, her lips are hideous. More botox please.

Edited by Ayattar

I doubt you're bigoted OP, but yes, you are ignorant, confused...and poor at wording. I figured being transphobic meant fearing, mistrusting, and hating transgendered people. You don't strike me as any of that. But "must be something in the water/food" is probably the worst thing you could have said and is probably the first truly stupid post we have on our shiny new, boner inducing forum. Work on that.

Here. Read this. It might give you some better understanding. https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan#.VOZp-yvF80w

Have other things I could say in response to some of the other stupid shit in this thread. But I'm not getting too deep into this mess because if you're not 110% in line with every facet of the main argument, you're a bigoted, fedora wearing, neckbearded shitlord spy sent from Reddit. Fuck that. There's no such thing as debating.

Don't know what to tell you, OP.

I am sorry that you keep being thrown for a loop in your relationships. You go in expecting one thing, and end up with another, and that sort of thing will give anybody whiplash.

Others here are right that your exes deserve compassion, courtesy, and respect, because they're trying to find their way through the woods of Who and What the Hell Am I, and that's always more difficult when you sense that you aren't just like everyone else around you.

You'll have to sort out your other feelings for yourself. Some people can hold onto their feelings for a mate through the other's transition, and some people find that they can't. I generally don't like to be in the business of telling people who or how to love or lust.

You're the only one that's been making good points directly to OP, troll posts notwithstanding.

• Like 1

Also, another thing. Why are you afraid so much of using adjectives such as "ugly"? Why does it always need to be "normal" or "average"? Humans do look like potatoes pretty often. Why are you trying to be forcefully politically correct?

Because a lot of us trans women *are not* ugly. It's not being politically correct -at all-.

It's kind of insulting that you think that.

Because a lot of us trans women *are not* ugly. It's not being politically correct -at all-.

It's kind of insulting that you think that.

I think that people who are ugly are ugly, and people who are beautifull are beautifull, regardless of their gender or sex affiliations.

Gold is gold, potatoe is potatoe.

My initial point, ie. making beautifull woman out of a grown-up man being harder than making it out of a teenager, remains.

Harder, but not impossible. I pass perfectly and to be honest the only people who have been critical of what I look like are, well, my parents and you (but you're nowhere near as bad as my parents). :P

If anything, people can't seem to stop complimenting me for my looks, it's kinda unsettling. D:

personally my standards of beauty are broad...most people lie on the good spectrum there, even people who Im indifferent to and most would call ugly I could see they would have traits that would make them beautiful to some, so I wouldnt complain. Vice versa, tv celebrities and those with above average attractiveness levels tend to do nothing for me.

Typically the ugliest people are those with complete disregard for physical appearance and dont bother trying to keep themselves healthy or good looking.

People are sexy, mang. Visit the mugshots thread everyone is super hawt >w<

...this does not even tack on the element of emotinal attachment

And that my friends is what we call true love <3

Don't worry. You're still somewhere around the 20th place from the end here, but let me warn you, sis. Your continuing lack of presence in my life makes you raise faster and faster on the list, and let me tell you, you don't want to make it to the top !

"Not being raised strictly enough" doesn't make you trans. That doesn't even begin to make sense. My parents used to beat the shit out of me for daring question them, I definitely didn't have a wussy upbringing.

Too much Nintendo and not enough spankings will turn your kids into queers, democrats and librarians! D:

• Like 1

Wanna prove me wrong with a mugshot? 

Pucker up, princess.

I have an incredibly good base, and right now I am decently attractive.... But I haven't finished my transition, have only started, and don't see a need to "prove" you wrong by posting a picture.

There are so many beautiful transwomen (and handsome trans men) out there, and you probably didn't realize it because we don't *want* to look trans, just our proper gender.

I have an incredibly good base, and right now I am decently attractive.... But I haven't finished my transition, have only started, and don't see a need to "prove" you wrong by posting a picture.

There are so many beautiful transwomen (and handsome trans men) out there, and you probably didn't realize it because we don't *want* to look trans, just our proper gender.

Source.

Did you know this person was a transperson? Didn't think so. Probably because you are too busy looking at yourself in the mirror. And I bet he/she/it/stupidasspronounhere gets WAY more action than you'll ever get. 

200px-132Ditto_Ranger3.png

People telling transwomen to put pics up to prove they're hot or gtfo?

this is why we need feminism. :3

The world needs less feminism and more people who spend their time doing useful things in life. This is a Toshafact.

Yeah well, you still probably suck.

Yup, you suck.  You're basically a terrible person and I can see how fortunate these individuals are to not be dating you any longer.

Woah slow down there

While yes, OP is/was being fairly ignorant, is it not understandable that she'd have issues with dating someone who was trans? She's a girl into guys, and she's basically seeing these guys as girls once they come out as being trans. At that point, a point at which someone truly decides to express themselves as feminine, it may hurt the attraction since she's into guys, not girls. And is it really wrong of her to not find those people that have come out to her to be attractive, considering she's not into girls and considering the fact that everyone finds different things beautiful and ugly? Perhaps she was being blunt and maybe even rude with that comment about their beauty, but I don't think that she was directing that at trans people as a whole, just them. That they didn't look pretty to her. Is it so wrong for someone to have an opinion on the looks of another person? Perhaps it was mean-spirited to mention since if its not in a sexual attraction sense, basically making it an unnecessary comment. But she's basically just saying that she doesn't like them any more since she can't see them as men.

EDIT: I don't know if I wrote this out right. Topics like these are difficult for me to adequately get my thoughts down about.

EDIT2: @OP since I still haven't figured this forum out and can't put this at the top of my post: Sorry you've been having such troubles finding someone, only to wind up heartbroken. Keep searching and don't give up. Like others said, it might be wise to try hanging around other circles or something. Meet new people. Find someone right for you and maybe this time they'll be who you're looking for.

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 1