Failure Thread

Chaosmasterdelta

I got 26% on a mock exam once.

I was rejected from a museum job because I thought the interview was on a Thursday; it was on a Wednesday.

I spent 12 hours in Dublin airport and 13 hours in Halifax airport Nova Scotia because I booked the cheapest possible flights, without regard for the waiting times.

I failed to go to my GCSE english language class for weeks because I didn't want to revise the coursework until the resit results came out in January and instead used the time to do my engineering assignments.

For those wondering I had passed the coursework but failed the exam in July. Due to stupid college red tape I technically had to attend but didn't like working on a tiny Lenovo thinkpad in a room where most of the people who actually had to go (they'd failed on coursework) where disruptive.

30 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I've failed to read learning material despite having the tab sitting open for days.

I've done that too often lately.

I failed to connect a blue LED through a resistor when rearranging the breadboard, causing the LED to go stupidly bright, change colour then die.

• Like 2

On 03/02/2017 at 4:08 AM, Shill Sham said:

Had a scholarship all set up that would pay for most/all of my college education if I maintained a certain gpa.  It only worked for instate schools so I had it setup for Ball State.  I failed to maintain good enough grades and lost an amazing opportunity.

Woops.

Somehow these GPA things the majority of people in the US take seem harder in some ways than getting 3 decent A levels (in subjects not considered "soft") is in the UK.

I failed to get to know myself "on time". I can't help but feel I missed the train in a way, even though it's not too late per se.

I'm 23 and at exactly the point I was at 16, i.e. having SHIT-ALL idea what to do with my life, but with the added observation that the typical career-orientated job is not meant for me.

And I'm not even going to talk about getting into a first relationship. It's tempting but I'm completely clueless on how to do it.

On 02/02/2017 at 10:08 PM, Shill Sham said:

Had a scholarship all set up that would pay for most/all of my college education if I maintained a certain gpa.  It only worked for instate schools so I had it setup for Ball State.  I failed to maintain good enough grades and lost an amazing opportunity.

Woops.

This low-key upsets me because I was one of those students everyone expected to get one of those full-ride scholarships and would be able to maintain it, and then I just... didn't. I didn't get any of the ones I applied too, and now I'm 10k in student loan debt :').

Also, I failed to control my eating to a >4000 calorie diet to help myself lose weight.

Ah, speaking of GPA to maintain scholarships

I got one for volunteering 100 hours and it was nice.

Lost it for failing in school :( Made me sad.

Also...I was a dumbass and missed a free trip to a place my school would cover for me because I didnt know I had to go earlier to take a bus

Yay failure!

Failed to print the design for my project out after spending ages on autocad finding out how to round dimensions (so everything wasn't being measured to craptons of decimal places) and understanding the complex print dialog so everything didn't come out tiny on A3 paper.

Then when I went to the nearest printer to collect it only after taking the file off the print server did I find the printer has somehow run out of paper in all 3 trays, and that my work is at the bottom of a long print queue.