Types of people

Red Lion

For the most part I like people. People are funny, empathetic and often more kind, generous and willing to listen than they are given credit for. But there are types that are just too much for me. Also it's not uncommon for some of these to have some overlap. Cuntopotamus and 4ever the victim are often the same person.

Filthy McNasty: No you're not a bad person. You don't abuse animals, you have a job, you vote and you pay your taxes....but you haven't showered in a month and you smell like cheese. Alas, we cannot even be friends because I can't come within 5 feet of you. Did you just blow a snot rocket at me? D8<

Sensitive Sue:  Again, not a bad person. In fact you're usually a very kind person. But, I can't talk to you without my filter on at all times because everything is taboo and it hurts your feelings. You're never going to be able to know any side of me except "public me" so a relationship of any kind is impossible. Unless it's a working relationship, then we're fine.

Pedantic Semantic. You know who you are....and you know what I meant. Stop splitting hairs about the tiniest technical details, you smug asshole. >8[

The Cuntopotamus: Now YOU are a bad person. You are way to schadenfreude. Everything you touch turns to shit and you love to wallow.  

4ever the victim: Not happy unless you're miserable..and that misery has to be someone else's fault. Often treats simple ignorance like it's intentional malice, everyone you meet is your enemy and if they aren't yet they will be eventually.

On the other hand. Types of people who I typically like. Like with the above list, it is possible for there to be overlap.

The Eccentric: You're out there, creative and a little off your rocker but if I hang out with you I'm sure to find things I enjoy that I'd have never thought to look for. Even when you're being weird for weirdness sake there's just something fun about how colorful you are. (one of my favorites)

Wise Cracker: You go ahead and pick that low hanging fruit bby. I appreciate you. You find a way to inject humor into everything but no matter how dumb the jokes you're still probably the smartest person in the room. May or may not be an actual cracker. (this one is my other favorite)

Functional Nerd: Yeah, you're up on all your Elder Scrolls lore but you know the difference between a hobby and an obsession and you don't take yourself or your batman vs superman debates too seriously. You remember it's supposed to be about FUN. (this one is my other other favorite)

Compendium of Useless Knowlege: I didn't know that....I don't know how YOU know that. But even if I can't use any of this information for anything it's good to know.

The Middleground: Even when I swing significantly in one direction I like seeing you come in all chill and rational and break down both sides. 

What are your types? 

• Like 8

People I cant deal with:

1. People who cant hold conversations. As in those people who says Hi and cant say anything else no matter how hard you try >:V

2. People who's selfish in conversations. Who keep talking about themselves

3. People who throw their weakness like it's a redeeming quality. Like people who actually brags stuff like autism or depression.

4. Overly sensitive people

5. Attention Whores

People who I generally like: 

1. Knight in sour armor

2. People who can influence me in many subjects (I'm not the brightest apple in the bunch)

3. People who can take a joke

• Like 2

Huh, I manage to get along with a lot of 'kinds' of people, though I'd say it's smug, self-aggrandizing sorts that it's hardest for me to deal with. Or when people are bitter and mean, intent on hurting others, emotionally or otherwise.

I try not one to label people as 'sorts', even, but tend to look more at their behaviors, and try and not box them in too much, because I can't claim to know all that much about them, truth be told. 

I tend to like quirky, empathetic sorts, who have a wide range of interests, and rebellious, perpetually youthful types, the sorts that are always asking why and other questions, and don't claim to have the answers. But I'm the 'sort' who can talk to most anyone, having spent half my life in a rural area, half of it the inner city, and most of it in jobs dealing with the public...and tend to be pretty extroverted.

30 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

People I cant deal with:

1. People who cant hold conversations. As in those people who says Hi and cant say anything else no matter how hard you try >:V

Hi...

(Fidgets strangely as you are about to say something, interrupting you)

• Like 6

People I can't stand:

The moneybags: These are show offs that blow money on things just to get cosmetic improvements like brands or more gloss. Rather than buying due to quality over quantity or due to "pay cheap pay twice" they buy just because of the high price tag.

If the moneybags hates you they will make you feel worthless and crap. If they like you they will try showing off even more.

The yes man: The yes man will never mention any bad points of a certain plan or any bad consecences of a decision that they know are possible, only telling on positive things. This is serious if you need a full picture to make a choice, if the choice may affect life or financial outcomes and lastly if you don't have long to decide. Careers advisers are the worst for this.

The shirk now, ask later: This sort of person doesn't bother to understand how to do even simple tasks and the gets no work done until a few days until the deadline, at which point they will come begging for help from you when you are doing a new task or are having a break.

The Luddite: The luddite doesn't like using IT to make life easier and is often vocal about it, they are mostly computer illiterate and rather than fix many simple IT problems ( that can be fixed without admin rights) they blame others.

The stationary black hole: This person asks for things like pens and rulers because they lost theirs. There is a 50/50 chance that if you give them your things they may not come back to you.

People I like:

The math coprocessor: The math coprocessor is a person who when you are doing a hard maths calculation or other conplex task acts as a second brain to come up with solutions or suggestions and as a second set of hands to use a calculator.

The universal fact speaker: This person knows a great deal of knowledge in many fields as well as general and arguably useless knowlage. Fun to listen to most of the time.

The universal fact listener: This person will listen and try to understand what knowledge you have without calling you nerdy, regardless of how useful it is to them or not.

The interesting hobbyist: The rare sort who does something most haven't heard of.

• Like 2

download.png

Okay in all seriousness any attempt to divide people into groups mentally for the purpose of organisation always leaves me with outcasts who don't warrant their own group but also most definitely don't fit into other groups.

But mentally I organize a couple things, like Jocks and Not Jocks,
Genuine and Non-genuine
Trustworthy and Non-trustworthy
Laid back and uptight
Logical and illogical (Not that illogical is bad. Not at all)

A bunch of others probably just because how my mind works.

• Like 2

I tend to get along with most people unless they annoy me. Unfortunately, there's a shitload of things that annoy me, so that thins out the herd quite a bit.

Annoyances include but are not limited to:

• Overtly sexual / sexually forward people that don't respect public decency or the comfort of others.

• People who push their political or social views too hard. I don't care if you think Trump is literally Hitler or that Hillary would have forced the entire male sex into the underground salt mines. I just don't want to hear about it.

• People who feel the need to argue the defense of something dictated entirely by personal taste, like music or videogames, just because someone else either doesn't like those things or has no interest.

• People who feel a need to turn casual conversations into giant fucking essays. I don't have time for that shit.

• People who try cheap, shitty emotional manipulation tactics to garner pity or attention on themselves.

• People who fuck up, are told they have fucked up, say that they're sorry, and then do nothing different. Either own the fact that you're not sorry, change your behaviors, or shut your mouth.

• People who are too loud.

• People who validate themselves solely off of the attention of others.

• People who RP in casual conversation.
  • Like 4

I tend to go get along with some people either out of work necessity, or by association, but I do get annoyed by 

- The "Victim complex": people who try to play victim or think they are a victim in any capacity. They are often too sensitive.

-"Baiters": usually people who say something hoping for an argument. They usually pick politics as a starting point.

- The "Orlesian Noble" or "Drama Vampires" : People who are usually nice but often try to sow discord with others in order to create tension and hostility with other people who do not know each other. They tend to feed off it.

-The "I try": People who always state that they will do or complete something but never commit to actually doing it. They will often get pissy if you call them out for being lazy.

Tend to hang around

-The "handy Dandy": People who are often doing creative things and projects. Some days either consist of either building something, or converting a nerf gun into a super nerf gun.

-Humble humor: People that can turn some serious commentary into a lightly humored thing to help make light of a tense situation. They also know when there's a time and place for it so they do not make themselves to to be glib assholes.

Wan Shi Tong: That person who is probably your go-to for things you are unsure of. Also fun to have conversations about little things...or big things.

The Glib Asshole: Doesn't care about being blunt if you know how to take what he/she says with a grain of salt.

Dapper Nerd: Someone you can discuss nerd stuff and lore with and doesn't look or act like your stereotypical nerd lord.

• Like 3

I don't like stupid people.

That includes:

People who think their religious/political views are the only true way and everyone else is wrong

People who deny science

People who blindly follow their leaders

People with no respect for others and property

People who can't accept that others may have different opinions

Assholes who drive 10 miles under the speed limit

Assholes who double park

As long as you aren't one of these fuckwits, we will get along just fine.

• Like 2

OK, after much thought, I finally thought of a type that bothers me, that I have seen over the years I worked in restaurants, and that seems to me to be almost common: the cocaine-fueled restaurant manager, with an inflated ego, prone to wild, unpredictable mood swings: at one moment all happy, at the next, screaming at you, or playing underhanded power games. To be avoided, and yet endemic in the hospitality business.

21 hours ago, Zeke said:

-The "handy Dandy": People who are often doing creative things and projects. Some days either consist of either building something, or converting a nerf gun into a super nerf gun.

The "handy dandy" is one I forgot to mention. Seems like there's always at least one guy or gal around that can do p much anything, fix your car, fix your computer, Macgyver up some cool hack that makes your life easier. Or just build something awesome out of legos. 

These responses are p great. I'm enjoying reading through this thread.

• Like 3

On 09/02/2017 at 1:38 PM, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

People I cant deal with:

5. Attention Whores

Did you mean: me?

Also I like literally everyone unless your an asshole.

• Like 1

The eccentrics tend to be my favorite,

I think there are two categories of eccentric. There's eccentrics that are fairly neurotypical but still quirky, I work with a guy like that and he's definitely witty and outlandish in his speech mannerisms for sure.

Most the eccentrics I run into though seem to have this aura of yep they have no social filter because they are definitely autistic in some way. I really like these people because they amuse me, most tend to be dorky about their hobbies, talk about things at a weird time, make innaproproate jokes they dont realize are bad, and generally are a fool in public which most people in public dont understand, but in the end they make me smile because I know why they are huge dorks, and that's okay and it makes me happy to see them blissfully happy.

The random act of kindness also makes me smile, its one of those things that gives me faith in humanity when I see someone go out of their way to help another

I do definitely hate the victim type people, well, not hate...but the fact that theyre always down and dont take charge of their life can be infuriating, especially if you want to help them ti no avail. These type of people will relentlessly talk about their problems in life, not giving themselves a personality otherwise, and then wonder why people are exhasperated by their behavior and dont form relationships.

The sex robot: I can agree on the overly sexual. Sex isnt an issue and I get people like it, but there are some like the types Ive met in high school that live and breath sex. Everything I say is a sexual innuendo to them even when Im being serious. They have no personality besides liking sex and thats my only impression of them

The Sarcastic Rude Jokester: Some people will say mean things to people in a sarcastic way meaning the opposite, probably because they dont like to be mushy or touchy-feely. I think too much of this is very toxic though, and people forget they can say nice things. In fact some people use the rude-joke as a way to veil a thinly-laden prejudice against someone for something they dont like about them, and if they feel self conscious about it they'll laugh or scoff and just say "Its just a joke!"

Im probably the person most people hate since Im not super outgoing, say the wrong thing at times, dont communicate well, and generally am too afraid of offending or being offended, and am kind of a yes man.

5 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I do definitely hate the victim type people, well, not hate...but the fact that theyre always down and dont take charge of their life can be infuriating, especially if you want to help them ti no avail. These type of people will relentlessly talk about their problems in life, not giving themselves a personality otherwise, and then wonder why people are exhasperated by their behavior and dont form relationships.

I used to be one of these. I'm sure most people know, I was a really big complainer and depressed, but I never did anything to fix it. Honestly, sometimes, it's hard to pull yourself out of that slump. Sure, some (probably most actually), victim-type people are just doing it for attention, but some are like that because they just can't find a way out. It's a shitty thing to be in, especially if you know it's causing you to lose friendships, which at that point its probably time to finally make a change (for me it was finally agreeing to go to therapy).

I don't really LIKE victim-type people, but it'd be hypocritical to hate them. I do sympathise with them, and I try to help, but like with myself before, they just don't WANT it until they're ready for it, which for some is never.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I used to be one of these. I'm sure most people know, I was a really big complainer and depressed, but I never did anything to fix it. Honestly, sometimes, it's hard to pull yourself out of that slump. Sure, some (probably most actually), victim-type people are just doing it for attention, but some are like that because they just can't find a way out. It's a shitty thing to be in, especially if you know it's causing you to lose friendships, which at that point its probably time to finally make a change (for me it was finally agreeing to go to therapy).

I don't really LIKE victim-type people, but it'd be hypocritical to hate them. I do sympathise with them, and I try to help, but like with myself before, they just don't WANT it until they're ready for it, which for some is never.

Oh yes, I understand where youre coming from which is why I definitely dont want to be harsh :[ It sucks to see people suffer that much and you have to be a little more open minded and give a bit of leeway to their situation, and hope they come out better with support. Its a little give and take from both parties, in a sense...learning how to empathize as well as learning to handle the negativity in your life 

• Like 2

I have depressingly little commentary on people because I'm dense and ignorant about the world, but it's nice to see myself reflected in the nice archetypes laid out here.

Suppose the only kind of person I really can't deal with are the obnoxiously disruptive types who just wear away at people by being intentionally contradictory or pedantic. Trolls, essentially. Black holes of conversation. I'm a bit of a shitposter who says weird and inaccessible shit sometimes too though, so I can't complain too much.

People I really like? I don't know. Like, people who talk about things and make jokes? I've no idea.

Like this post if you also have miserable character judgement skills.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Teto said:

I have depressingly little commentary on people because I'm dense and ignorant about the world, but it's nice to see myself reflected in the nice archetypes laid out here.

Suppose the only kind of person I really can't deal with are the obnoxiously disruptive types who just wear away at people by being intentionally contradictory or pedantic. Trolls, essentially. Black holes of conversation. I'm a bit of a shitposter who says weird and inaccessible shit sometimes too though, so I can't complain too much.

People I really like? I don't know. Like, people who talk about things and make jokes? I've no idea.

Like this post if you also have miserable character judgement skills.

I like people who are able to use the word pedantic, without coming off as pedantic. : )

And yep, nothing is worse (online) than pedantic, negative trolls who just tend to be there to wear people down.

• Like 1

I like people who are caring, patient, intelligent and so on. I appreciate that few people are like that all the time, especially not me.

I'm weary of people who have long solemn and detailed lists of every sort of person they dislike, because it makes me suspect that they are confrontational people who think that the problem rests with everybody else in existence.

• Like 1

I don't think the good 'ol help vampire was mentioned yet.

While it's fun to Google somebody's question, get the answer on the first page and parrot it back to them, it does get tiring after a while.
It's especially annoying after they start trying to do something complicated without actually knowing what they're doing. Spoonfeeding them the answers would just make the problem worse. Actually trying to teach them, while enjoyable at the start, is also futile, as they generally do not care about learning and just want to get something done at your expense. God forbid if you actually tell them they need to get shit done themselves, then you become the evildoer and they're the victim.

As for the type of person I enjoy, I'd go with the brutally honest one. I really enjoy constructive criticism, even if I have to get it out of some harsh words.

Typing this down felt weird.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I had to teach a 19 year old woman how a USB stick works once. She kept pulling it out half way through the file transfer because she was impatient.

Sounds like the woman who called tech support to ask why her computer wasn't working during a power outage.

Of course, not saying there was a power outage until the tech support person asked.

On 2/12/2017 at 6:36 PM, Red Lion said:

>___>  I MAY be guilty of this sometimes. 

"sometimes" ¬¬

ok, shit i hate:

-the hippo queen.  generally a fat black woman but ymmv.  loud, ghetto, two-faced, and power-hungry.  seeks positions of authority and will do anything to make those around it feel small.  attracts a crowd of fake-friends who are usually more attractive but all similarly obnoxious.  hippo queens especially love skinny young men who are generally less aggressive than they are but still dumb enough to shower the hippo with undue attention and favors (probably out of fear/for protection).

-the sensitive snowflake.  it's super unique and special and different, yet equally fragile and delicate.  it constructs this whole outrageous "identity", yet expects to be treated as though all of that is normal.  makes a big stink about how various social norms are made up, toxic, etc etc and cries when you question it or imply that something about it isn't normal.  basically dresses like a clown and makes an angry vlog every time it gets called "bozo". 

-the lazy martyr.  gets hailed as a saint for doing seemingly helpful things, but only really does them for selfish reasons and/or with as little effort as possible.  avoids helping others in favor of making excuses as to why helping would be "enabling" or why said others don't deserve help, while simultaneously crying about how put upon it is every time it does feel cornered into offering a hand.  surrounds itself with people who give it praise while putting others down, and only does what is most convenient to make itself look like a good person.

-the superior specimen.  believes it is "above" anything and everything.  too good for this, too dignified for that.  subtly puts down everyone around it by, for example: implying that doing things a different way is lazy, giving others the "i don't know this guy" look when a friend does something silly in public, making a point of not doing jobs or tasks it considers beneath it, or insisting it doesn't experience things like hatred or embarrassment.  frequently talks about others behind their backs but puts on a friendly face when they are present.  clearly the problem is everyone else, because this superior specimen is loved by everyone and has never done anything the wrong way.

-the wallower.  has 99 problems, but failure ain't one because in order to fail, it would have to actually try in the first place.  basically takes up residence in the swamp of sadness and likes it that way, allowing itself to be bogged down by issues and adamantly refusing to accept help or advice of any kind.  makes no attempts to solve its problems, but complains constantly and never has anything good to say.  seemingly wants to remain crippled forever and drag everyone else down with it.  eventually desensitizes everyone around it to its many complaints, then complains that no one cares about its suffering.

-the uncreative.  content to enjoy others' creations while never making anything of its own.  frequently this type can give extensive critique on existing work, but has no drive or ability to create something of its own.  if it does make anything, it tends to be fandom-based and/or heavily derived from someone else's works.  may also be the type to say "i don't know how people can do that" in reference to world building, character development, or even basic arts and crafts.  conversation with this type revolves solely around real-world tangible things.  common topics include work, school, home life, the weather, and the latest gossip. 

-the angry old man.  not always actually a man, but definitely angry and old.  hates everyone, especially young people.  believes young people don't experience problems, be they social, emotional, or even physical.  "you don't know what ___ is until you get to be MY age!"  frequently insults others while still demanding respect for no reason other than that it is older than you are.  completely disregards genuine concerns coming from anyone outside of its own age bracket and bemoans the treatment of people its age.  hates anything produced after a certain decade and refuses to learn anything new.  too old and cranky to bother being polite or considerate to anyone and resents the idea of being productive in any way.

and lots more but i cba rn

i don't like anything or anyone so i'm not gonna list good things :U  maybe later

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 9:38 PM, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

People I cant deal with:

3. People who throw their weakness like it's a redeeming quality. Like people who actually brags stuff like autism or depression.

4. Overly sensitive people

5. Attention Whores

People who I generally like: 

1. Knight in sour armor

2. People who can influence me in many subjects (I'm not the brightest apple in the bunch)

3. People who can take a joke

So basically you cant deal with me. Well ok... (Smily face)

i tried to think of a "good" list but it's literally just "the opposite of the guys i hate".  be not a douchebag and we're cool.  be not a douchebag and also share interests and hobbies with me and we're probably friends.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 4:51 PM, Silo said:

My list goes as follows:

I ain't got no type (Nah)

Bad bitches is the only thing that I like

That's it guys. 

10 hours ago, Aouzy said:

I don't really like anyone. I like people who are quiet though

hqdefault.jpg

This is a joke, but relevant :V