Parking problems at dental school

Crazy Lee

So I had a fun day today.

I get my dental work done at the local huge prestigious university's dental school. Right now I'm getting fitted for a crown. So I get to the parking structure for the dental school about 10 minutes before my appointment. For some reason, the ticket machine at the entrance refused to work, so I made note to complain inside about this. If you don't get your ticket validated for cheap parking, they charge you $30.

I then proceeded to spend an hour looking for a spot. The entire structure was packed. I saw one bitch who was taking up two spots with their GMC truck. People parking in handicapped when they're not handicapped. People parking in yellow striped areas that you're not supposed to park in. I had several moments where I'd see an open spot only for someone to suddenly zoom into it. I can't even remember why but I had some lady in a honda yell at me which prompted me to scream at her and flip her off.

At one point, a rich wasp-y looking lady walked to her brand new accord and sat down in it, so I waited for her to pull out. 5 minutes later, I walked up to her door. She was on her phone. She locked her doors and refused to drop her window. I had to yell a bit to ask if she was leaving, and she shook her head. But locking your door, really? I'm white and nerdy... the fuck is her problem. Was I too pleb looking for her fake rich white ass?

I eventually tore out of there and decided to hit up a paid parking structure. Thankfully the guy at the exit booth let me out free of charge since I had no ticket (maybe the ticket machine was off BECAUSE of the lack of parking). I get to a paid place, go in.

I tried talking to the desk clerks and asked to see management but they seemed to not give a shit and be unwilling to help, so my voice raised to quite large volume and profanity happened, which prompted them to call security. The crazy thing was, many of the customers around me were angry for the some reason, and people were cheering me on. Finally a customer advocate or customer service lady came to help, and security was dismissed. She gave me the usual BS "We can't do much."

Here's the thing though. This is not the first time this has happened. My last couple appointments I've had only a little trouble finding parking, but in the past I've had to spend nearly a half hour circling the structure to find a spot. And been late to appointments before. This is a regular problem for this university.

The patient parking is in a parking structure that's 5 levels tall. Only ONE level is for patient parking. The other 4 levels are for faculty and students. So, instead of fixing the problem by giving patients more parking, the asshole university continues to give preference to faculty rather than their own fucking customers.

This is not how you run a fucking business people. When I worked retail they expected me to park out of the way, even at the far end of the lot, to give customers preference. You don't give more parking and better parking to your fucking staff. But it's a public pretentious university, I guess that's government efficiency for you.

Since I don't expect the lady I talked to to do much, I am considering if I have the motivation to take this higher. I don't know. Should I email the dean of the school? The board members? The president of the university? Should I bitch to the school or city paper? File lawsuits? Hit people with barbed wire bats? Force choke the shit out of fuckers until the death star is completed properly? I just feel like I should vent my frustrations in a productive manner.

• Like 1

It's a business to you, but for everyone else it's a school. School parking sucks, and if I were a teacher or a student there, I'd probably be pissed for the reverse: There's a whole level I can't use? Horseshit!

I mean, I didn't go to a big school and I'd still get stuck parking a few blocks away on some days due to lack of room. It was just something I had to do.

You can try taking this higher, but i wouldn't expect anything to happen. Dean is gonna give his staff/students more priority than you. The school gets more money from the students than those seeking dental care.

22 hours ago, Conker said:

It's a business to you, but for everyone else it's a school.

I know, but I am a paying customer.

22 hours ago, Conker said:

You can try taking this higher, but i wouldn't expect anything to happen. Dean is gonna give his staff/students more priority than you. The school gets more money from the students than those seeking dental care.

The sad thing is, i have some suggestions that might help. Like having overflow lots or other places you could also get a parking pass stamped for.

On 2/14/2017 at 8:36 PM, Crazy Lee said:

I know, but I am a paying customer.

And most of the parking spaces are taken up by paying students, and tuition is fucking expensive.

I mean if you have useful suggestions for the place by all means, but I really don't see much happening out of this other than they take your complaint and move on.

• Like 1

Ug, I hear you about parking at busy universities. I don't drive anymore (vision issues), and take the train, but when I did, the University charged $500/year for faculty/staff parking permits, deducted from your pay in 24 installments. And what was so stupid is that though you had an assigned lot, and an overflow lot, sometimes, there would still not be a spot, so you'd be late, circling around, waiting for somebody to leave. And as for complaining about it: Be it the Dean, the Transportation division, or whoever else, you got this distinct impression:

"We can't hear you!"

Good luck here; I'd try to seek alternate parking, as best you can, but I feel your pain.

• Like 1

Parking lots are a completely different deal than anywhere else on the road, it's like everybody just forgets how things operate the moment they edge into them. Fuck me, it drives me up the wall.

Blow signs, ignore right of way, drive into oncoming traffic, park like a fucking douchebag, it all happens in every fucking parking lot all of the time.

I've damn near been in fights over stupid fucks that figure they can just roll through stop/yield signs and act all surprised when they just about fucking run right into the side of me... in a fucking parking lot of all places. Fuck it makes me mad just writing this shit, I feel your pain.

• Like 2