Primary Schoolkids are dicks

Nova

So when i was driving with the subway somewhere a primary school class came in the train.

They were probably going to visit something.

And when i reached the station and stood up and went to the door these kids started to whisper:"There is a black behind you " and they kept whispered and giggled these lil shits.

After i went out i was kinda shocked.

Like did they never see a black person and whats so funny about.

And some of these kids themselfes seemed to be foreigners like from turkey or bla bla.

Also like there were little girls were sitting next to me in the subway train and one of them kept looking at me.

Seriously it seems to some of you harmless but for me it hurts.

• Like 1

Words alone can't describe the levels of WTF this situation generates.

To be fair, plenty of my friends (and I'm probably not exempt from this too) make the occasional joke, but it won't be targeting someone who'd not done anything for sure. Especially someone sitting right by them, who can hear them...

• Like 2

Sorry to read this Nova.

School children can hold very surprising prejudices. At least I think that most of them grow out of it, though. I remember a majority of the children at school when I was there were homophobic- they made people who they perceived to be 'gay' sit in a ditch.
I don't think any of them would be homophobic now that they are adults though.

The issue of prejudice in schools still needs to be addressed though, because those same children who point out black people on the train might bully black children at their school, which could have a lasting effect on them and their sense of self worth.

• Like 3

What's sad is that much of this sort of behavior stems from modeling what they see in the 'adult' world, and in their peers, parents and the media: And sadly, it's become a lot more popular to lash out at minorities, especially under the guise of 'not having to be politically correct'. But to me, the issue isn't one of being 'politically correct', here, it's one of basic human dignity, and good manners.

• Like 7

It sucks to hear that.

I thought I was the only one that thought more children have become pricks. I remember I was having a rough day a few months ago and some fat little girl came up and slapped me and ran off laughing. Needless to say, I was very annoyed.

Most of the time, kids can get away with whatever they do wrong because their parents won't discipline them and nobody else is allowed to touch them giving them freedom. Other times the parents are flat out terrible people and the children are a legacy of their stupidity.

• Like 2

I'll often smile and strike up a conversation with people when I notice them staring or making rude or nosy remarks about me. It embarrasses people who know they've been naughty (and who know that I know), and educates people who've never engaged with somebody like me before.

Anywho, I enjoy children and all, but anybody who thinks they're all butterflies, innocence, and sunshine has never really dealt with them over an extended period of time.

• Like 3

Kids these days really are pricks.

The generation of kids at around that was born on 2005 or 2006 or 2009 is really messed up and these kids are pricks and have everything because their parents give them everything

People born on 2000 are pretty okay and also before. 

My mom worked in a nursery and some kid went to her and said :" do you suck bananas". Well she scolded the kid.

I think the problem is kids dont seem to be educated about the outsideworld and get influenced by parents. I think its most Parents fault that their kids are homophobic and racist.

12 hours ago, Troj said:

I'll often smile and strike up a conversation with people when I notice them staring or making rude or nosy remarks about me. It embarrasses people who know they've been naughty (and who know that I know), and educates people who've never engaged with somebody like me before.

Anywho, I enjoy children and all, but anybody who thinks they're all butterflies, innocence, and sunshine has never really dealt with them over an extended period of time.

I used to work at a charity shop reselling used clothes and I would throw out the children's items for fabric recycling without even looking at them, because when I did I found out that they are all *covered* in boogers and god-knows-what and oh Christ, help me Jesus I'm infected.

@Nova Maybe it is because the Children didn't have easy internet access before the new millennium. Children who make sexual comments at their teachers certainly aren't imitating their parents...or at least I hope they're not.

If I'm ever fortunate enough to be blessed with sprogs of my own, they're not going to be given unsupervised internet time until they're teens, because I don't want them browsing david duke's youtube channel or looking up sergal vore when they're 10.

• Like 1

I work with kids on a regular basis, so I know how you feel. Sometimes, the parents can be just as bad once you snitch on their "Darling little angel".

Yet, kids may grow out of it once they hit a certain age in their lives. If they do not it's either because of what they hear/see may influence them to the point of their attitudes being static or they are just assholes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saxon said:

If I'm ever fortunate enough to be blessed with sprogs of my own, they're not going to be given unsupervised internet time until they're teens, because I don't want them browsing david duke's youtube channel or looking up sergal vore when they're 10.

On behalf of people tired of dealing with unsupervised children and the consequences of children not being properly supervised, thank you.

And yes, children are generally filthy. When working at a school, I decided to get a flu shot post haste after watching a kid sneeze into their hand and then reach into a candy dish.

3 minutes ago, Troj said:

On behalf of people tired of dealing with unsupervised children and the consequences of children not being properly supervised, thank you.

And yes, children are generally filthy. When working at a school, I decided to get a flu shot post haste after watching a kid sneeze into their hand and then reach into a candy dish.

This reminds me of how clean and angelic I was when I was young!

Well, maybe not clean, but I was very gentle. Spent most of my free-time outside (ages 7-12), taking long walks in the woods, and early on, I never saw what was so big about how some kids would be mean to animals: I always wanted to help them, and hated to see them suffer, or be in pain.

I recall once, coming across a small bunny, somehow pinned under this branch, and helping him get loose, and the struggle this small animal put up; another time, along Lake Michigan, coming across a seagull, tangled in fishing line, and how it snapped and clawed at me, as I untangled it. And in a childish way I recall thinking, so this is thanks I get! But still, my impulses from early on tended to be gentle. But I do recall kids who'd be mean to animals, for no apparent reason, other than perhaps a sense of control, misplaced aggression, or a violent 'nature' let loose.

As for clean: Huh. No doubt I was probably very muddy and covered in forest debris! But that was kinda fun, too. I did like baths a lot, and swimming, and water in general; the one thing I might miss about now, compared to childhood, is having so much fresh, clean water, so close to home.

~

A bit of a digression, but I'm curious as to how others recall their childhoods, and if you thought you were very mean, nasty, dirty and what not!

16 hours ago, Troj said:

When I think of small children, I often think of pigeons or city rats.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zeke said:

When I think of small children, I often think of pigeons or city rats.

Huh, that reminds me that on a nice day, I like to go to the park, enjoy a nice cigar, and feed the pigeons while sitting by one of the old fountains. Both of these things seem to annoy people, and yet I find both of them relaxing. And more fun than feeding the kids, to be sure. Plus, the pigeons make less irritating noises.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Huh, that reminds me that on a nice day, I like to go to the park, enjoy a nice cigar, and feed the pigeons while sitting by one of the old fountains. Both of these things seem to annoy people, and yet I find both of them relaxing. And more fun than feeding the kids, to be sure. Plus, the pigeons make less irritating noises.

I've got to tell you Fossa, I go to the park to enjoy the fresh air, so I can more than understand why people don't appreciate cigars there. x3

People who complain about smoking in open-air spaces are massive pissbabies, anyway.

It's open-air. Literally nothing stops you from walking away from the situation and not smelling the smoke.
There is no ceiling or walls trapping it in your immediate vicinity.

The only major risk present there is fires, but that only applies to dry areas.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vae said:

People who complain about smoking in open-air spaces are massive pissbabies, anyway.

It's open-air. Literally nothing stops you from walking away from the situation and not smelling the smoke.
There is no ceiling or walls trapping it in your immediate vicinity.

Cigars are a lot worse than cigarettes. I remember when I was a kid and someone smoked one at a little league ballgame, stunk the whole park out.

15 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Cigars are a lot worse than cigarettes. I remember when I was a kid and someone smoked one at a little league ballgame, stunk the whole park out.

I've smoked both. I'm aware of this.

I wouldn't consider a ballgame the same as a park, in any case, because there's limited seating space there.

3 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

They make a cute noise, I admit.

• Like 2

i fucking love pigeons

anyway, kids are little turds because they're dumb.  an unfortunate side effect of being both young and human, and kids are afflicted with both.  half the time they don't even realize the impact of their actions, and when they do have some vague understanding of it, they're prone to doing it anyway because all children are booger-eating sociopaths.  they'll grow out of it, though, unless all the adult influences in their lives are also booger-eating sociopaths.  best thing you can do is talk to them with kindness and objectivity when you catch them acting nasty.  the whole point of the childhood phase of life is to learn; they soak up information like sponges.  that includes good influences and social graces just as much as bad influences and naughty behaviors. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gator said:

best thing you can do is talk to them with kindness and objectivity when you catch them acting nasty.

"You damn liberals are what's wrong with today's youth. Ya gotta beat the ever living POOP outta these lil shits whenever they act up. It works every time! I know 'cuz my parents gave me black eyes, bruises, broken arms, broken legs, broken ribs, bloody noses, blown out ass cheeks, and I turned out PERFECTLY! Nope, no trauma, mental issues, or skewed moral compass for me! Stop being your child's friend and beat the fear of God into em!"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Socketosis said:

"You damn liberals are what's wrong with today's youth. Ya gotta beat the ever living POOP outta these lil shits whenever they act up. It works every time! I know 'cuz my parents gave me black eyes, bruises, broken arms, broken legs, broken ribs, bloody noses, blown out ass cheeks, and I turned out PERFECTLY! Nope, no trauma, mental issues, or skewed moral compass for me! Stop being your child's friend and beat the fear of God into em!"

A few years ago users made a thread discussing the most severe punishments they were given as children, which included being beaten in the mouth with door knobs, and whipped with a metal rod until they vomited... and most of them didn't actually think anything wrong had been done. :\

I agree that adults should avoid hitting children, especially because if children think that this is how adults solve problems they could emulate that behaviour when trying to coerce other children.

Attitudes further back in the past were even more bizarre. My grandmother used to encourage my uncle to play on the building site. She eventually stopped him, because he was picking up bad language there..yeah, she didn't stop him out of any safety concern. O_o

i fucking love pigeons

anyway, kids are little turds because they're dumb.  an unfortunate side effect of being both young and human, and kids are afflicted with both.  half the time they don't even realize the impact of their actions, and when they do have some vague understanding of it, they're prone to doing it anyway because all children are booger-eating sociopaths.  they'll grow out of it, though, unless all the adult influences in their lives are also booger-eating sociopaths.  best thing you can do is talk to them with kindness and objectivity when you catch them acting nasty.  the whole point of the childhood phase of life is to learn; they soak up information like sponges.  that includes good influences and social graces just as much as bad influences and naughty behaviors. 

I was in the supermarket recently and I saw a grown man let his young child pick his father's nose and feed it to his father.

These people exist!

• Like 2