Milo Yiannopoulos thinks it's okay for adults to fuck teens

Crazy Lee

28 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Congratulations, Leftists, you've destroyed yet another career, and all it took was a little dishonesty.

Leave it to Victor's ass to make something a Us vs Them, Liberal vs Conservative bullshit.

You do realize that many of the most vocal critics of this entire thing were conservatives?

The people who broke the news on this was a conservative group. The website I posted was the Blaze, Glenn Beck's website. Even the most right wing talk show I listen to, that I disagree with half the time, was saying that they felt Milo was wrong.

CONSERVATIVES felt he was wrong in what he said.

But no, please keep being a biased, partisan retard and keep seeing the world as "I'm a conservative and all conservatives are good and all liberals are satan." Please. You do this bullshit even single time you post in a political thread and it's getting stupid.

30 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Editing Zimmerman's tapes

What does Zimmerman have to do with any of this?

30 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Leaving out critical context and grossly misrepresenting things to ruin one of those mean bad ol' Republicans?

Oh, as if Conservatives haven't edited videos before. Why halo thar, James O'keefe.

And where exactly have the above videos I've posted been edited? I've watched both of them and see no sign of video being cut and spliced.

38 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

I explicitly say on the tapes, in a section that was cut from the footage you have seen, that I think the current age of consent is "about right."

IN THE VERY FIRST VIDEO I POSTED HE SAYS THAT. At 2 minutes in the first video. The age of consent is about right. But he also says that some young people in their young teens can also consent. 

And then he goes on about the evil of consent, as if having sex with someone when they either don't want it, or are not old enough to be mature enough to consent, is a good thing.

And then after that, at about the 3 minute mark, he talks about relationships between grown men and teenage boys in the homosexual community, as if those can be a good thing.

And then at 4:12, he gets all pedantic and says "Pedophilia is attraction to a prepubescent boy... I'm not a pedophile." While technically true, it doesn't make sex between an adult and a teen any more right.

@Victor-933, just because you're a conservative doesn't mean you have to support ALL conservatives, or hate ALL liberals. If you think in such black and white, false dichotomy terms, then you're just being a narrow-minded sheeple at that point.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Leave it to Victor's ass to make something a Us vs Them, Liberal vs Conservative bullshit.

You do realize that many of the most vocal critics of this entire thing were conservatives?

The people who broke the news on this was a conservative group. The website I posted was the Blaze, Glenn Beck's website. Even the most right wing talk show I listen to, that I disagree with half the time, was saying that they felt Milo was wrong.

CONSERVATIVES felt he was wrong in what he said.

But no, please keep being a biased, partisan retard and keep seeing the world as "I'm a conservative and all conservatives are good and all liberals are satan." Please. You do this bullshit even single time you post in a political thread and it's getting stupid.

What does Zimmerman have to do with any of this?

Oh, as if Conservatives haven't edited videos before. Why halo thar, James O'keefe.

And where exactly have the above videos I've posted been edited? I've watched both of them and see no sign of video being cut and spliced.

IN THE VERY FIRST VIDEO I POSTED HE SAYS THAT. At 2 minutes in the first video. The age of consent is about right. But he also says that some young people in their young teens can also consent. 

And then he goes on about the evil of consent, as if having sex with someone when they either don't want it, or are not old enough to be mature enough to consent, is a good thing.

And then after that, at about the 3 minute mark, he talks about relationships between grown men and teenage boys in the homosexual community, as if those can be a good thing.

And then at 4:12, he gets all pedantic and says "Pedophilia is attraction to a prepubescent boy... I'm not a pedophile." While technically true, it doesn't make sex between an adult and a teen any more right.

@Victor-933, just because you're a conservative doesn't mean you have to support ALL conservatives, or hate ALL liberals. If you think in such black and white, false dichotomy terms, then you're just being a narrow-minded sheeple at that point.

what @Zaraphayx said

Just now, Crazy Lee said:

Whether this is true or not are you trying to claim that these are liberals that set this up? From everything I've seen from /pol/ seems a lot of them are conservatives or libertarians.

I haven't claimed shit about my views on this subject and you're already making obnoxious assumptions and constructing strawman arguments about what I'm "trying to claim" like the retarded chimp you are.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

I don't know how anyone can defend your terrible posting, lmao.

11 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Shut up nerd.

5 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

I haven't claimed shit about my views on this subject and you're already making obnoxious assumptions and constructing strawman arguments about what I'm "trying to claim" like the retarded chimp you are.

3 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Here's a Good Posting challenge for you, you inferior dullard. Try to respond to any post in this thread critical of your position without resorting to a textbook genetic fallacy like some kind of YouTube comment simulator.

Yay, all the ad-hominem attacks! Whoo!

And yet nothing of substance was said in any of these. No arguments were made, just name calling. Cute.

Who wants to guess when this thread will be closed like a typical Phoenix thread? Or maybe they want that to happen.

And yet nothing of substance was said in any of these. No arguments were made, just name calling. Cute.

Who wants to guess when this thread will be closed like a typical Phoenix thread? Or maybe they want that to happen.

In order to have invoked an ad hominem against you I would have had to have been attempting a rebuttal of your argument, which I haven't.

you-tried.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Why post the thread if you knew it would end up being closed? Tgese threads never end well.

12 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Rich coming from the guy that called me a retard.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

In order to have invoked an ad hominem against you I would have had to have been attempting a rebuttal of your argument, which I haven't.

you-tried.jpg

All right. Childish posts that contribute nothing to the thread.

You have literally contributed NOTHING to this thread except calling things names.

42 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Why post the thread if you knew it would end up being closed? Tgese threads never end well.

I actually expected a good debate, which is what happened for MOST of the first page. Also, I figured the Milo fans, like Buck, were long gone from the board so it wouldn't delve into trolling and childish bickering. Boy was I wrong.

38 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

And also, just to point out, Crazy Lee always talks about how dumb SJWs are, but then goes and complains about conservatives and how they're all so terrible and evil. Which is exactly what SJWs do all the time.

Far left liberals can be quite crazy as well. I may have an issue with mainstream conservatism but I can sometimes agree with them. I often agree with my libertarian friends.

26 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

He thinks that casting aspersions on the motives of people he disagrees with is a valid argument, and thinks that calling him names is a logical fallacy.

He's a disgrace! Sad!

Once again, not contributing to the original topic and just pouring gasoline on the fire. Keep it up bro.

And because @Victor-933 missed it, apparently:

1 hour ago, Victor-933 said:

"I do not advocate for illegal behavior. I explicitly say on the tapes, in a section that was cut from the footage you have seen, that I think the current age of consent is "about right." I do not believe any change in the the legal age of consent is justifiable or desirable."

That part of the video was NOT edited out.

Your opinion. Which may or mayo not be fact.

We were having a pretty interesting conversation about consent before you guys showed up.

"Here's my extremely polarized opinion on this thing that happened wherein I beg the question like a chump and preemptively insult everyone who doesn't agree with me"

"hurr durr why don't you stop being childish and contribute this was so much more mature before you showed up!!!"

e2d.jpg

• Like 3

This is why I left when FAF was up back in the day. I really want to like this place, and the individuals in it. However, almost every single thread that is centered around debate, ends in a shitfest of people attacking each other for no specific reason other than not agreeing with one another's views. Please, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Shiro said:

This is why I left when FAF was up back in the day. I really want to like this place, and the individuals in it. However, almost every single thread that is centered around debate, ends in a shitfest of people attacking each other for no specific reason other than not agreeing with one another's views. Please, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

As we all know, the cornerstone of mature and reasonable debate is an opening argument that starts with a neutral tone which welcomes discussion, such as:

On 2/20/2017 at 1:57 PM, Crazy Lee said:

Ahh, it's too bad all the Milo fanboys and apologists are gone from this board, I'd love to watch their asses try to defend this guy. Probably with the typical snobbishness and name calling, with lots of "liberal idiots" and "libtard" thrown in.

He started this thread looking for a fight and now that it's been brought to him he can't hang with the big boys so he's going to cry foul like the fat little girl he is.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

He started this thread looking for a fight and now that it's been brought to him he can't hang with the big boys so he's going to cry fowl like the fat little girl he is.

On 2/20/2017 at 3:57 PM, Crazy Lee said:

Ahh, it's too bad all the Milo fanboys and apologists are gone from this board, I'd love to watch their asses try to defend this guy. Probably with the typical snobbishness and name calling, with lots of "liberal idiots" and "libtard" thrown in.

Looking for a debate. I hoped that if anyone defended him would defend him with discussion, but knowing the way a lot of people here act, expected the defense would really be name calling, bashing all liberals, ect ect.

Which you and Victor have done.

You claim over and over that I've been doing the exact same thing you have been doing since the bottom of page 1, and now through most of page 2. "Well, Lee's started this thread by trying to start a fight, so I am going to do the exact same thing."

I would have preferred a civil discussion but figured that, if people like Buck and other trolls around here were still around, it would delve into the exact same thing that's kinda happening now. You say I started this looking for a fight, but then you jumped into that fight like the "mature" person you are. You're perpetuating it. You didn't HAVE to start the argument.

Eh, I'd maybe be able to muster up more sympathy for him if he weren't in the business of blatantly misrepresenting people, issues, and arguments on a regular basis. Turnabout is fair play.

As for the timeline of events, my understanding is that the story first broke when a conservative conference called CPAC cancelled his appearance, and then his book got canned, and then the dominoes really started to fall. The Washington Post reports that the Reagan Battalion was the first to sound the alarm and pressure CPAC to take action. Now, left-leaning folks did previously attempt a boycott of Simon and Schuster over his book, and of course there have been protests of his campus appearances, but it looks like you can't just blame the Left for this one--though, Milo and his fans will certainly try.

What'll be really interesting to see is what Milo does next. I actually wouldn't put it past him to suddenly "see the light" and experience a radical liberal conversion at one point, if he finds he can't get any additional milo-eage out of his current persona.

• Like 1

Looking for a debate. I hoped that if anyone defended him would defend him with discussion, but knowing the way a lot of people here act, expected the defense would really be name calling, bashing all liberals, ect ect.

Which you and Victor have done.

You claim over and over that I've been doing the exact same thing you have been doing since the bottom of page 1, and now through most of page 2. "Well, Lee's started this thread by trying to start an argument and fight, so I am going to do the exact same thing back like a "true adult.' "

I haven't bashed "all liberals" at all you buffoon, I've bashed you for being an intellectually dishonest nerd that wants to redefine the tone of the discussion when it suits you.

Allow me to take a moment to appreciate that someone half a decade older than me is equivocating maturity with the ability to feign emotional discipline online.

5708960998_a102052773_b.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

As we all know, the cornerstone of mature and reasonable debate is an opening argument that starts with a neutral tone which welcomes discussion, such as:

He started this thread looking for a fight and now that it's been brought to him he can't hang with the big boys so he's going to cry foul like the fat little girl he is.

The only thing I'm trying to say is that personal attacks are completely unwarranted, no matter who started it. It is foolish to fan the the flames when they are already out of control.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Troj said:

What'll be really interesting to see is what Milo does next. I actually wouldn't put it past him to suddenly "see the light" and experience a radical liberal conversion at one point, if he finds he can't get any additional milo-eage out of his current persona.

What are the odds of people changing heart? Experience has told me people are just set for life.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

What are the odds of people changing heart? Experience has told me people are just set for life.

In my experience, people usually need to experience a pretty radical paradigm shift or hit absolute rock bottom in order to undergo a genuine change of heart.

Rather, I'm implying that he might strategically change his tune or revamp his persona if it'd allow him to stay afloat--no real change of heart required.

(Hell, I'm sufficiently cynical as to suspect that at least some of the conservatives leading the charge here actually want Milo's job or envy his fanbase.)

29 minutes ago, Taikugemu said:

good

Yet it's hard to ruin the career of anita sarkeeshian and the likes. Despite my overwhelming dislike towards Liberals, I can appreciate them to a very small degree. They balance us out.

"The important thing is moral choice. Evil has to exist along with good, in order that moral choice may operate. Life is sustained by the grinding opposition of moral entities"

I don't know why Milo's comment that he believes the current age of consent in the UK of 16 is 'about right' is being touted as a proof that his comments were edited to portray him in a negative light.
Every article I've read about this topic included that remark, included comments from Milo defending himself, and most linked to the original full podcast.

I have routinely seen people trying to defend supporters of the alt-right by asserting that their statements have been unfairly edited, as if this can be asserted as an excuse even when it is very obviously not true. :\

As others have said, the main point has also been missed, which is that the move to reject Milo has largely been driven by conservative voices, not an imaginary group of 'leftists' who are apparently responsible for all the evil in the world.

9 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I've changed my perspective a few times. I'm actually worried that I may be too easily persuaded to take up new points of view without looking at them critically enough.

• Like 3

On 2/21/2017 at 7:53 PM, Crazy Lee said:

Far left liberals can be quite crazy as well. I may have an issue with mainstream conservatism but I can sometimes agree with them. I often agree with my libertarian friends.

In my experience, it is best to ignore group labels like conservative and liberal entirely. Your average person will have only an imperfect understanding of what those movements entail (and therefore are poor representations of an ideology), and ideas are entirely independent from the people holding them anyway. 

Thinking in terms of groups will, no matter how disciplined you are otherwise, inevitably allow animus to influence your reason as well as the reason of the people you are conversing with. Neglecting it also avoids the problem of inferring undesirable traits from personal enemies to other people, which is a natural reaction.

Fewer arguments and fewer hurt feelings that way.

• Like 3