kitchen fire

Red Lion

The only things damaged were some cabinets and the microwave. The oven, where the fire started is actually fine. But I can't even process the actual fire itself right now. 

When I opened the door to my room there was smoke everywhere, to thick to see anything and the first thing I could think to do was yell for my younger sister. And she didn't answer. My dad had already used a fire extinguisher and put out the actual fire but I couldn't fucking find my sister and I while I was trying to look for her and the more I screamed and she didn't answer the more I thought the worst. I don't think I've ever felt anything that awful in my life, I finally found her in her room, her door had been closed and the smoke hadn't gotten to her. She'd been taking a nap. I got her out of the house and had her stay with my brother while I went back in and grabbed the cat and the dog. In the end everything was fine, the damage was minimal, there's a mess but that can be cleaned. 

And yet, I'm not ok. I don't even know why I'm online right now, I think I just need something to do because now that it's actually over and dealt with I can't stop shaking. I thought something happened to my sister. I still keep flashing back to just calling for her and her not answering and thinking the worst thing happened. She's fine and now that it's actually over and I should be fine I'm shaking and crying. Ugh there's like black snot coming out of my nose and my arms and hands are all black. I feel like I need to drink a whole lake, my throat is dry af. My mind is all over the place right now and I'm between can't process and just a trembling mess. I held it together fine while it was happening, aside from near panicking over my sister I was fine, I even had the presence of mind to get down and grab the dog and cat before they inhaled a bunch of smoke. God I wish my nose would quit dripping, it's getting sooty snot everywhere fuck.....

Phew, that's a lot to go though, my nerves would be pretty rattled, too. It's good that everyone, pets and humans are all OK.

I'm not sure, but if you did inhale a lot of smoke, is there anything a Dr. might be able to do? Keep an eye on how you're feeling, there. But lots of water sounds good, as Dr. G mentioned...and I guess Gravitas is the forum Dr. ;)

• Like 1

Jesus, what an ordeal.. hope you're holding up alright, Red.

Even if the end result ended on a less serious note, it could have easily turned out much worse. During that time in panic there's no way to know the outcome. Definitely get some fluids in you - and of course cleaned up like Dr.Gravy suggested - then spend some time with your family, I'm sure they're probably shaken up too. 

• Like 2

I'm glad you all made it out safely and the damage wasn't too extensive even though you're pretty shaken up at the moment, I hope you're feeling better soon. For now I hope you got all cleaned up and drank that lake.

• Like 1

Glad you are ok.  Fire is nothing to mess around with.  On a lighter note, be glad you didn't 'accidentally' open a can of bear spray in your living room like a friend of mine's son did the over the weekend.  You think smoke is hard to deal with?  Try an entire room filled with chemicals specifically designed to make you flee in pain.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Yikes! Glad everybody's safe at least D:

Yeah, I don't know why you're online right now either. Go wash up and get yourself some water!

20 hours ago, Moogle said:

Jesus, what an ordeal.. hope you're holding up alright, Red.

Even if the end result ended on a less serious note, it could have easily turned out much worse. During that time in panic there's no way to know the outcome. Definitely get some fluids in you - and of course cleaned up like Dr.Gravy suggested - then spend some time with your family, I'm sure they're probably shaken up too. 

20 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Phew, that's a lot to go though, my nerves would be pretty rattled, too. It's good that everyone, pets and humans are all OK.

I'm not sure, but if you did inhale a lot of smoke, is there anything a Dr. might be able to do? Keep an eye on how you're feeling, there. But lots of water sounds good, as Dr. G mentioned...and I guess Gravitas is the forum Dr. ;)

12 hours ago, Revates said:

I'm glad you all made it out safely and the damage wasn't too extensive even though you're pretty shaken up at the moment, I hope you're feeling better soon. For now I hope you got all cleaned up and drank that lake.

Thanks for your concern guys, I'm fine now and the damage wasn't too bad at all. I'm just relieved no one got hurt.

2 hours ago, Zop said:

Did you go to the doctor or anything?

no, I'm alright, still kind of sore in the throat and I coughed off and on all night but a good shower and several nose blows cleared out all the black gunk. My eyes and sinuses feel like garbage though.

1 hour ago, Strongbob said:

Glad you are ok.  Fire is nothing to mess around with.  On a lighter note, be glad you didn't 'accidentally' open a can of bear spray in your living room like a friend of mine's son did the over the weekend.  You think smoke is hard to deal with?  Try an entire room filled with chemicals specifically designed to make you flee in pain.   

Yikes, sounds p terrible.

1 hour ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I wonder if Uncledis freaked out

nah, he found out after it was already over so he didn't have much to worry about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sergalus said:

Well that is some expierence, Im glad everyone is OK. One question why your oven catched fire and is your house OK?

house is fine. The only thing we lost was the microwave. 

We're not exactly sure. My mom had started some water boiling for dinner but hadn't left it long. I'm not even 100% at this point that  it was the oven since the thing that was in flames was the above oven microwave when my dad went to put it out. By the time I was even aware of it the smoke was to thick to see anything.