WHAT IS THIS THING?

Glowing Glass

THEYRE EVERYWHERE AND WONT GO AWAY AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS AND THE INTERNET ISNT HELPING ME IDENTIFY WHAT IT IS.

IS IT A BED BUG IS IT A HARMLESS BUG IS IT AN UNIDENTIFIED LITTLE PRICK I DUNNO BUT IM WORRIED

IMG_0636.JPG

THEY WONT STOP CRAWLING ON ME AND WONT LEAVE ME ALONE AND I CANNOT FOCUS WITH THEM CRAWLING ON ME EVERY 2 BLOODY SECONDS

ITS A FUCKING INFESTATION AND NOBODY I KNOW HAS ANY IDEA WHAT THEY ARE OR WHERE THEYRE HIDING OR COMING FROM

Looks like an Asian Beetle (if it has irregularly shaped spots and orange-red shell) or a lady bug (if the spots are very round and bright red shell).

It is a nuisance, but harmless. And yeah, thry get everywhere. The abnormally warm weather has probably brought them out early and will likely be in greater force this year.

• Like 2

Its an alien life form in the visage of an earth insect, they swarm a localized geographic location (aka your house) and crawl on your skins surface finding the best orfices possible to eat away at your flesh slowly and to lay their brood, gradually taking over all your body functions and forcing you to rob a bank and proclaim the new galactic world order

• Like 9

They're on my bed mostly. They keep coming for me in particular. I flicked one off 4 times now and watched it and it's crawled back up just to get me every time. It immediately goes for scars or openings in my skin. It's desperate I'll give it that. 

Ive only seen them show up in the day. At night I guess they hide. 

All of them are yellow and black checkered like in the poor blurry photo I took (it won't focus properly up close).

I got off my bed and recorded it and they just stopped appearing after a while. I sat nearby my bed for about 3 hours to see if they would continue trying to get on me but they didn't. Maybe I didn't give them enough time. They are very slow and pause movement a lot.

Most of them move individually but the most I saw in a group so far was 7.

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

It's a woolly bear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varied_carpet_beetle

They're usually nothing to worry about, but advice is contained in the link about reducing their numbers.

I will consider this.

7 hours ago, Saxon said:

It's a woolly bear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varied_carpet_beetle

They're usually nothing to worry about, but advice is contained in the link about reducing their numbers.

Ooooof, those things will do immense damage to anything made of wool, and even cotton and other natural materials. It's like the damage months do, only these things are a lot harder to get rid of. Almost anything I had that had wool in it has been destroyed by these insects since moving from Michigan to Maryland, where the climate allows them to thrive.

It took a long time to treat all the dresser drawers and closets, to get rid of them; they don't bite, but these things are pure evil. We ordered a spray made form some or other poisonous tropical plant from a pest control supply company in Florida, that worked pretty well. In the mature stage, they look like a tan Ladybug, but don't be fooled. And in that other stage, they're just gross looking.

7 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

crawl on your skins surface finding the best orifices possible to eat away at your flesh slowly and to lay their brood

5 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

It immediately goes for scars or openings in my skin. It's desperate I'll give it that. 

The truth is out there!