Rant: vore whores

Tyranno

Somehow, and with disturbing regularity, I stumble across some voraphile doing something that makes the stereotypical furry look like a paragon of social skills.

So every so often, the urges I get from the probable worst fetish on Earth cause me to look up material related to it, and it ofen quickly results in coming across someone who does reprehensible things.

So I don't know how many people play M.U.G.E.N. but apparently some possible lunatic developed a bunch of characters to explicitly satisfy their vore fetish, something reliant on the majority of voraphiles showing self-restraint (the infamous shiny Pidgey is easier to find) not subjecting non-voraphiles to these characters in online games and thus molestation of whatever else you'd call non-consenually involving someone in sexual content.

Also, most people haven't heard of vore, many voraphiles wouldn't be honest about what it is (some will go nuts if you even call it a fetish) or due to bad social skills would just say "its a sexual fetish" which the non-voraphile would take as a joke.

Some people insist on links and that, but you probably shouldn't look at this so I'm not sure what to do. But if you know what it is, you wouldn't mistake it for anything else, and thats a community with no qualms about involving people who, if they knew, would want no part of it.

(Some people from the old FAF probably remember such nonsense as a guy calling himself guzzlemuzzle and randomly pm'ing people asking for vore rp with no indication they had any interest in vore, and this nonsense happened often.)

TL:DR just some (er... alright, comparitively... sane guy angsting over a fetish filled with immoral people).

17 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

Noah SQUEAK Latex Griffon.

Thats another example - overshadowed by his other interests maybe, but he was into absorption vore.

Seriously, it's always voraphiles (you know its bad when the "sensible one" is me).

EDIT: Remember Tashkent and his habits of eating live mice and smearing shit on monuments?

Prior to the widespread use of the internet, I'd never heard of vore as a fetish, perhaps outside of something in the writings of the Marquis de Sade, but it was never something you saw anyone talk much about as an active interest. 

Well, at least it makes a lot of other things seem a lot more tame in comparison. Being sqeamish, and not liking to even see blood/gore/violence, the idea has always seemed odd to me, but I have wondered where the psychological appeal comes from: Maybe the connection between sex and death? Being ingested and thus incorporated into something else? I wonder what the earlier psychological references are to vore, and if it turns up in Kraft-Ebbing's Psychopathia Sexualis, or even later, in Freud or Jung's works. 

But it certainly seems to have come of age in this century; why is harder to say.

7 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I swear, this isn't the first time you've complained about Voreaphiles. Are you repressing something?

Hmmm...and just as I mentioned Freud! You may be onto something... :V

• Like 1

Sounds like the "joke" is that I'm secretly a voraphile... something that's been repeatedly admitted to. But I'm not a voraphile who condones taking advantage of people, unlike... nearly all of them, it seems.

Can find virtually nothing on "Download a Flareon" - who is that?

6 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

"Voraphile" has to rank among some of the most gross sounding words.

Meaning not withstanding, it's just a weird word. Honestly anything ending with "phile" sounds terrible.

But remember, Vore never Scores.

Furries are anthropomorphophiles. I am a vulpiniphile and you are a lagomophophile.

...Wow, you're right!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyranno said:

Sounds like the "joke" is that I'm secretly a voraphile... something that's been repeatedly admitted to. But I'm not a voraphile who condones taking advantage of people, unlike... nearly all of them, it seems.

No worries, I don't have any preconceived notions about people into vore more so than I do any other fetish. I can't say I've really met too many, and I've never been pestered by them in all my furry days, so no real problem with it. But that's curious you have found them to be generally pushy/annoying; it's never fun to keep meeting people who share such a niche interest, and have so many of them turn out to be jerks.

5 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Furries are anthropomorphophiles. I am a vulpiniphile and you are a lagomophophile.

...Wow, you're right!

Lagomorphs and Vulpines are natural enemies of each other IRL

Only furries and Zootopia would allow them to be friends with each other

or maybe it's not the fetish.  maybe it's the internet.  because that's where all the wackadoos with no social skills go to further reinforce their lack of social skills by not having to use them.  you find these kinds of people in literally every sphere and community.  and it's funny how every single community also has its people who go "omg this community is the WORST everyone in it is SO AWKWARD AND HORRIBLE" 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gator said:

or maybe it's not the fetish.  maybe it's the internet.  because that's where all the wackadoos with no social skills go to further reinforce their lack of social skills by not having to use them.  you find these kinds of people in literally every sphere and community.  and it's funny how every single community also has its people who go "omg this community is the WORST everyone in it is SO AWKWARD AND HORRIBLE" 

But yer an alligator, and eat up lots of things! I'm a fossa, I hunt lemurs!

But I'm curious: pre-internet: can anyone find any references to this fetish? Written, comics, art? What time and place?

Part of us wants to wish it just wasn't born, now.

30 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

But yer an alligator, and eat up lots of things! I'm a fossa, I hunt lemurs!

But I'm curious: pre-internet: can anyone find any references to this fetish? Written, comics, art? What time and place?

Part of us wants to wish it just wasn't born, now.

the internet doesn't invent fetishes; it just gives like-minded people a place to get together and share material, which causes the amount of material and "community members" to expand.  there may be (or seem to be) more now because it's a lot easier for people to find it and share it and make more, but it's been around for a very long time. 

go to one of the vore sites and ask for older works that have since been scanned; you'll find plenty.

case in point, many people come to the internet seeking this material without having a name for it, because they were interested in it long before they ever heard of it elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, Gator said:

the internet doesn't invent fetishes; it just gives like-minded people a place to get together and share material, which causes the amount of material and "community members" to expand.  there may be (or seem to be) more now because it's a lot easier for people to find it and share it and make more, but it's been around for a very long time. 

go to one of the vore sites and ask for older works that have since been scanned; you'll find plenty.

case in point, many people come to the internet seeking this material without having a name for it, because they were interested in it long before they ever heard of it elsewhere.

Which points to Jung, images, symbols, those universal symbols shared by culture, class, race...finally, an outlet, long bottled up: Teeth.

But why?

1 minute ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Which points to Jung, images, symbols, those universal symbols shared by culture, class, race...finally, an outlet, long bottled up: Teeth.

But why?

why what?  fetishes aren't always deep and complex.  sometimes you just see weird shit at the "wrong" time during childhood and you're stuck with the association forever. 

3 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Maybe. But I've always thought of a fetish as something deeply embedded, beyond a fixation, longing or passing interest: different from these. Deeply embodied.

And as you say, an odd impression, at an odd time!

well that's where arbitrary definitions of the difference between "kink" and "fetish" come in; "fetish" usually implies the kind of obsession people can't get off without, but it's used much more broadly these days to imply any kind of kinky interest without the requirement of it being... a requirement.  /shrug

I don't get it why people find it hot and sexy being in a stomach.

Did they never learn anatomy of the digestion system.

Its not a comfy meat bag , its a meatbag filled with acids that decompose your body in mush and you get shit out in the end.

Also that they can swallow their preys is ridiculous.

They would choke or die from ripping apart(except snakes)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Toshabi said:

can we bring him back

i want to make fun of him like good old times

also, real talk, i remember finding that dragon picture on my computer and having no clue where it came from. The memories are flooding back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lopaw said:

From what I have seen the vore stuff tends to (but not always) link with being crapped out. (counldn't put it neater) So even more disturbing.

then you get into vore via other orifices... anal vore, cock vore, nipple vore (haven't seen it but I guarantee the shit's out there)...

fun times for all

11 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

vorenomore

Ah, the lesser known spinoff-fanfic of Edgar Allan Poes "The Raven."
I take it you're a fan?

13 minutes ago, Lopaw said:

Basically if there is a subtype of vore for every type of hole in your body that opens to the outside. 

Earvore

Nosevore

Porevore?

Eyevore

Yea. Still sounds terrible.

• Like 1

I get sad when I see promising smut comics by decent artists show signs of devolving into vore. 
If it's furry, here are three signs to avoid.

1) Impressively, but weirdly detailed mouths. Particularly close ups. The gums, every tooth, lots of saliva, detailed tongue, ridges of the palate.
2) If they mention ANYTHING about someone being a meal, treat, snack, tasty, any other food based adjective and it's unclear if plain vanilla oral sex is imminent.
3) And most importantly, if you see this fucker...
Junglebook-disneyscreencaps_com-6045.jpg

Hit "X" immediately.

• Like 2