Let's Go Chocobo!

DrGravitas

I had too much fun with the first one not to do another and the responses were much too positive! We got a whole month for fun, so @Rhíulchabán With your permission, I would love to run another submit your own Campaign Slogan on your behalf!

Same idea as my last one, give me a slogan and I'll whip up a sig-sized image for you! Sadly, I don't have any Chocobo 3D models so I'm afraid these will be text only. If you provide an image you'd like included, though, I can try to do that. Hell, I wouldn't say no if you wanted my ugly mug up there endorsing/reacting to it either ;3

Examples: (Feel free to use these if y'all want)

0228 ImVotingRhiulchabanLetsGo.png0228 ImVotingRhiulchabanSpelling.png0228 ImVotingRhiulchabanBCTacoTuesday.png0228 ImVotingRhiulchabanBCSilliness.png0228 ImVotingRhiulchabanBCNoChicken.png

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Sutekh_the_Steak said:

no offence dude but all the mod election banners/images are getting kinda obnoxious now 

I'm sorry you feel like that, but they proved quite popular last time. I think folks had a lot of fun!

If people want them (with our candidate's blessing) I'm in the mood to make them! If they're bored with them, then this thread'll die. Simple enough

24 minutes ago, Lopaw said:

I could try making a boxy 3D chocobo in autocad and then I'm sure maya can import .dwg files so you can make the model fluffy by modifying those follicle things. (that I think are done on normals)

Thats a roundabout way mind you.

I don't believe I actually can import those. I might check around for some decent quality Chocobo models when I'm off work, but I doubt I'll much any good ones free to use.

5 hours ago, Sutekh_the_Steak said:

no offence dude but all the mod election banners/images are getting kinda obnoxious now 

5 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

I'm sorry you feel like that, but they proved quite popular last time. I think folks had a lot of fun!

If people want them (with our candidate's blessing) I'm in the mood to make them! If they're bored with them, then this thread'll die. Simple enough

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with supporting a person you feel like supporting,
but I seriously think you've made more graphics regarding the concept of modship on this niche little hobby forum than I've drawn Ludwig in the same amount of time.

Which is saying something.

Steak's concern is legitimate.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Vae said:

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with supporting a person you feel like supporting,
but I seriously think you've made more graphics regarding the concept of modship on this niche little hobby forum than I've drawn Ludwig in the same amount of time.

Which is saying something.

Steak's concern is legitimate.

Heh, now one can hardly compare some template-based bumper stickers to high art!

But, I agree it's a legitimate concern!

I understand some folks might find them obnoxious and I promise I will not do any more "billboard" or separate post style stuff or anything beyond this thread. The Twitter thing was totally just me trying to get some use out of something I'd already created. Plus, I've done everything I can think of to be considerate of those folks who might not care for these:

• I've proscribed them for use in sigs, which can be hidden on a per-user basis.
  • I've ensured they're small (except my own because it was a modification of one already prepared), unobtrusive (barring my garish schemes born from an ignorance of color theory :P) and fit within the sig-size recommendations (please don't stack these, people)
  • They'll be kept light-hearted and fun!

That said, my intent here is certainly not to antagonize (It's to avoid working on my 3D pool area :Y) and I hope the rest of the candidates and their supporters won't feel that it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2017 at 5:15 PM, Sutekh_the_Steak said:

I guess it bears pointing out that being obnoxiously omnipresent, whether what you have to say is sensible, relevant, interesting, funny or just plain annoying, can also be an effective means of winning an election.

Looking at nobody in particular.

I mean I can safely say that I have no idea who else is standing for mod election other than the people with banners. I can also safely say that I'm'a not voting.