Zelda: Breath of The Wild thread

Chaosmasterdelta

• 2 weeks later...

Wow no replies yet?

Anyway, I just finished the main quest. Is it just me or is getting through Hyrule Castle WAY harder than the actual fight at the end? The battle was epic but very straightforward.

Heck, even the Silver Lynel inside the castle was more difficult if you ask me! That thing is FAST and can wipe you out in a single swing while Calamity Ganon dealt maybe 5 hearts of damage with his more powerful attacks...

I'm glad that I mastered reflecting Guardian beam attacks inside the castle by the way. Came in handy during the final battle xD

I haven't seen everything yet though. There are still a lot of places on the map that look very interesting!

But now that I have finished it I can finally watch those speedruns of people rushing straight to the end of the game :D

Overall I am happy with the game but the main quest felt a little short. But I suppse that's how open world games work... I have not played a whole lot of those.
I have seen a LOT of people complain about weapon and shield durability. I find it annoying as well, but they implemented it in a way that is pretty tolerable. You find a TON of weapons with lots of unique ones, so at least you always use something different instead of walking through 50% of the game with one weapon and then you get a new weapon and you use that for the rest... Also Big Goron Sword.
The weapons also get more durable as you progress so it's really not that bad.

The only thing I would have loved to see is a weapons upgrade and repair system. There were quite a few weapons that were really cool and pretty rare (or even unique) but then you used them against a tough enemy like a Lynel and they are gone forever without any way to fix or improve them :(
The few weapons you CAN have fixed strike me as odd though... "Here is this legendary weapon that was wielded by a Champion! If you break or lose it we will make a new one!"
So instead of fixing it you just get a replica...? So it's not Daruk's sword anymore, it's just one that looks and works the same way... Nice >__>
Can I get a fake Master Sword then, too? Just make 10 for me while you are at it, I got the diamonds for it! :3

8 hours ago, QT Melon said:

13490132.jpg

Definitely would play this over things like Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, and Phantom Hourglass. But this goes towards the bottom of my personal list of Zelda games, like 5th least favorite. Will not be playing through this again or 100%ing it. Had a No Man's Sky effect on me. Nothing's mechanically bad, it's just the design philosophies present. First 3-4 hours were magic and then the whole rest of the game is just... 

If I bought a Switch for this game, I'd have been pissed. 

3 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Definitely would play this over things like Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, and Phantom Hourglass. But this goes towards the bottom of my personal list of Zelda games, like 5th least favorite. Will not be playing through this again or 100%ing it. Had a No Man's Sky effect

If I bought a Switch for this game, I'd have been pissed. 

"The no man's sky effect" That's great. Games like that are as big as an ocean, but have the depth of a puddle. It's a shame too, that game could have been something special.

6 hours ago, Shiro said:

"The no man's sky effect" That's great. Games like that are as big as an ocean, but have the depth of a puddle. It's a shame too, that game could have been something special.

I had my doubts about No Man's Sky. I just didn't expect it to bomb that hard. It seemed TOO ambitious, but I was just expecting it to be a case of not living up to all it's promises, but still pretty good. Not to say Zelda's AS bad. I thought it was ok. But I don't want to think a Zelda as just "ok". It's just the best comparison.

Tell you what, we've had way way waaaaay huger disappointments from main line Nintendo recently. Waaaaay huger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

A new questline, a dungeon, harder difficulty, exclusive outfit, and some extra bonus goodies.

oh, thats good for me, though I havent been able to play the game for the past month, work so much and when I get home my sister has the only TV in the house till quite late. only time I do get to play it earlier is when she heads out of town for a weekend.

There's no exclusive plant/aquatic/insect based enemies in this game. Got me thinking of enemies and bosses I would have loved to see (aside from just more new ones). Bolded are things I'm stunned didn't make it.

• Armos/Death Armos
  • Babas
  • ReDeads/Gibdos
  • Poes/Ghinis (There's no graveyards either come to think of it in a land razed and devastated by Ganon nearly destroying civilization)
  • DoDongos
  • Like-Likes (This one actually would have made a ton of sense for the nature of the game)
  • Stalfos (Actual Stalfos, maybe some sort of specialized elite like the Stalfos Knights and they only appear in certain ruins at night)
  • DarkNuts (Honestly, even with the dungeons being copy pastes, if these served as mid bosses of sorts as a corrupted Sheikah construct, that would have been the tits) 
  • Tektites
  • Manhandla (Be a cool forest overworld boss)
  • Peahats (Small ones perfect for Faron and the big ones for Hyrule Field)
  • Literally any aquatic enemy (And not just Lizalfos boys or octoroks that are trying to cool off from the hot sun)
  • Freezards (maybe use these more as traps than enemies)
  • Helmasaurs
  • Moldorm
  • Wall/Floormasters (More potential for corrupted Sheikah constructs that act as Divine Beast/Shrine security like how Guardian Sentries=Beamos)
  • Leevers (Shocked that the desert did not have these of all things. I think every desert in Zelda up to this point had them)
  • Bubbles
  • Chilfos (These would be cool to see pop up in the snow at higher elevations or in snowy ruins, maybe a "Heatfos" variant that comes from lava in Death Mountain)
  • Aquamentus (4-6 big ones roaming fields would have been intimidating :o)
  • Morpha (Have a lot of these inhabit Pools of Malice)
  • River Zora
  • Ropes

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...