Casus Belli

DrGravitas

You state a reason for war on the user above! The user below states why your casus belli is invalid then declares their own reason for war on that person!

Example:

User 1: I declare war because the treaty of 1792 guarantees our right to choose succession based on that of who can throw chicken giblets the furthest and he didn't throw!

Me: The pope declared that treaty invalid in 1793!

I declare war because User 1 stole my chickens!

They were free-ranging into my cave. I therefore claim ownership by right of eminent domain. I left you a goat in return payment.

I declare war because I've stuck a flag in your country and it's now mine. I'm British, this is how things work.

• Like 1

Your declaration is invalid! Everyone knows that Britons use fake accents to gain street cred with foreigners. You have been duped by Perfidious Gravitas!

And because, sir, you have, without honor and in defiance of every tenet of international charity, maliciously soiled the colors of an Ally and the very spirit of her nation itself, war is declared.

• Like 1

I have a greater military, economy and your citizens are already revolting. Still want to declare war against my liberation forces? 

I oppose your forward settling and missionary spam. Prepare for war! 

Your 'opposition' is an aggressive contribution to a cycle of hatred and endless strife.

Your species is too incompetent to make peace alone! This therefore is my righteous cause to invade your puny planet and give you something to unite against and after a few centuries of on-and-off war/subjugation once you'll have forgotten (or been cleansed of the historic knowledge of) all your petty, past conflicts then I'll feign defeat by your best organization and retreat back to my own dimension. Also, I want your genes and thorium. Bombing begins in 5 minutes.

Fighting for peace is like shagging for chastity. You can't make peace by declaring war. Behold, your mighty war machine crumbles before my ineffable logic. You just can't eff it, it's that good.

Now I'm going to declare war, because I effing want to!

• Like 1