unpopular opinions

Joel

These comments show how unpopular my opinion is, but think about it through my eyes:

i have been threatened by people from turkey because i celebrate Sinterklaas (a dutch tradition), people randomly scream at me in a language i have no idea what it means.

im ok with people moving here, if they adapt to our culture and tolerate it the way we tolerate theirs, sadly this is not the case

so think again, it may be considered racist, but it does make a point too, its a two-sided issue

Edited by KyleNeon
a fail at spelling

Well moving to Africa would not make me African. Without getting into history or ethnic reasoning.  If they were born in the country while following the nations mores, and assimilate than sure.  Otherwise no.

oh...you sound...kinda...racist. ;-; (European racist atleast. american racist is a little more bombastic) 

also, you know whites, blacks, Latin ppl, and Arabs live in both Asia and Africa do your first statement is incorrect anyway. xD

Though with out assimilating, they are not African.  They are residents of the continent sure, but they are cultural outliers.

Besides Whites and Latin speakers outside of Europe are a result of colonisation.  Arabs are Asian.  What most people consider "Arab in Africa would be the Berber people, who are from Africa.  Egypt being excluded because of the muslim conquests.

If I moved to France and refuse to adopt their mores are language, do you think I would be accepted as French?

I'm assuming you mean morals and language? There is more to culture than language. Morals are so diverse from person to person, that it kinda loses its meaning when a nation claims to have a certain set of them. 

Usually people pled will bring some of their own culture to the nation they immigrate to while adopting some of their new nations culture. (That's what happened with America despite what the Tea Party Movement tried to suggest in the late 2000's xD)

Its great that places can be diverse. Europeans seem to appreciate it especially. 

I'm assuming you mean morals and language? There is more to culture than language. Morals are so diverse from person to person, that it kinda loses its meaning when a nation claims to have a certain set of them. 

Usually people pled will bring some of their own culture to the nation they immigrate to while adopting some of their new nations culture. (That's what happened with America despite what the Tea Party Movement tried to suggest in the late 2000's xD)

Its great that places can be diverse. Europeans seem to appreciate it especially. 

Especially that last sentence catches my interest, I really wish it was like that, and it was for some time which is considered one of the best times we've had.

The issue we are having to deal with now, is people look for people from their own country and start forming communities, isolating everyone from eachother. Basically this is causing alot of misunderstanding, thus causing clashes between different groups of people. The worst part is where minorities are consdering themselves higher up then other minorities, and this is exactly what needs to be solved, but people around my area has issues understanding that.

AC/DC is mediocre.

Slipknot is mediocre.

Led Zeppelin is alright.

Avenged Sevenfold is fucking awesome.

So is Trivium.

John Bush's years with Anthrax were fucking great.

Metallica should break up already.

Dave Mustaine is an amazing musician but a shitty person.

• Like 1

These comments show how unpopular my opinion is, but think about it through my eyes:

i have been threatened by people from turkey because i celebrate Sinterklaas (a dutch tradition), people randomly scream at me in a language i have no idea what it means.

im ok with people moving here, if they adapt to our culture and tolerate it the way we tolerate theirs, sadly this is not the case

so think again, it may be considered racist, but it does make a point too, its a two-sided issue

Okay, so. I'm from Belgium. We celebrate Sinterklaas as well. It's a lovely tradition, but it could do without, y'know... The blackface.

Because while one might argue that Zwarte Piet is black because of the chimney-soot, going down a chimney doesn't suddenly give someone a full-on black face with exaggerated red or white lips. And seeing how blackface stems from some pretty racist roots, I can see how people would take offense to being portrayed as a caricature of their race. And the fact that Belgium and the Netherlands also have a history of colonialism doesn't exactly make it any better.

• Like 1

Okay, so. I'm from Belgium. We celebrate Sinterklaas as well. It's a lovely tradition, but it could do without, y'know... The blackface.

Because while one might argue that Zwarte Piet is black because of the chimney-soot, going down a chimney doesn't suddenly give someone a full-on black face with exaggerated red or white lips. And seeing how blackface stems from some pretty racist roots, I can see how people would take offense to being portrayed as a caricature of their race. And the fact that Belgium and the Netherlands also have a history of colonialism doesn't exactly make it any better.

That is correct, I do agree with it. However I don't know what the chimney story is about, but the story they always used to tell us at elementary school was a whole different thing.

Apparently Saint Nicolas bought slaves to prevent them from being forced to work on the fields in the colonies. Instead, he tried to give them an as bright as possible future (Which ofcourse was not the easiest thing due to racial thoughts back then.). I remember during the Sinterklaas-celebrations, we considered Sinterklaas not only a friend of all children, but also as a hero who saved people that weren't accepted into the society. This is how it went in pretty much every school in the area.

I don't think you can 'just change' a tradition that has been there for centuries. Trust me, I played around as a 'Kleuren Piet' before, and children cried to their parents saying ''What happened to Zwarte Piet?''. This for me was a heart-braeaking thing to see, and then I wish the people saying ''They won't notice the difference.'' were there to see for themselves.

*rubs hands together* this is oughta be good... *takes a deep breath*

-Anita Sarkeesian isnt THAT bad. Not all of her points are terrible and should be taken into consideration. She needs to tone down on some things, yes, but I do believe her heart is in the right place

- To expand on this (towards that people that hate her) If you dislike her opinions, why are you still looking up news on her to get yourself upset so you can bitch about her? STFU

-Feminism isnt about hating men and wanting to destroy them. Thats the extremists side of feminism, but people are so dense nowadays that they only hear the extremists of the group and generalize them with the more rational minded people

-I know men and women both have issues they have to overcome but for people who think men are MORE oppressed than women....I'm sorry, what reality do you think you are in? Certainly aint this one

-Not every sjw is that bad. I got shit for this at the old forum but fuck it. 

-Some people take words said to them on Internet, waaaay too seriously. Yes, there are words that can be said that can be damaging and sometimes they can be serious threats, but if you lose your mind over "Ur stupid" Im sorry, but get a grip. Click out of the browser, take a walk, take a piss, whatever and just calm down

-If I could say whats worse: the gaming community or the greedy gaming companies out there...The gaming community is worse

-30fps and 60fps dont matter. As long as the game aint playing like a bad stop motion film,  quit bitching and just have fun

-60fps doesnt always look good on games

-Racism in American and racial profiling is still a thing.

-Obama isnt that bad

-Too many people in this world see things worse than they really are

-Not every child has the potential to be a good person as they grow up. Some people are just bad at heart

-Games like the Order 1886, heavy rain, and beyond two souls arent that bad.

-I dont care about Adblock. I have spent my whole time using the Internet, clicking out of pop ups and ads that its like I barely see them anymore. They dont hinder my browsing experience

Phew, I think Im done for now...

Edited by DevilishlyHandsome49
  • Like 4

Digimon sucks. Stupid Pokémon ripoff.

Pokemon sucked ass, it was a cliché of too cute and happy piles of shit. Digimon was way more intense and actually had character development, story arcs, and over all a darker theme. (Characters Died in that show!) When I was a kid I liked both but as I got older I stopped watching pokemon, it was way too fake and replayed the same damn themes almost every episode. 

How is it a pokemon ripoff?

that's actually quite a popular opinion. In that note, not all rap music sound like shit. Rap is pretty deep. Unless yer one of those popular rappers that just spout nonsense then no.

Some of my points dance around the "just because it's bad doesn't mean it doesn't have a large audience", aka RDF. This opinion has been repeated more often in recent years considering Rap just keeps getting worse.

I agree. That applies to anyone. If you move into my home you're gonna have to abide to the host's rule, otherwise the door is right there. Sinterklaas has always been a fun little tradition, it wouldn't be the same without the black colored faces. It's our tradition and these foreigners have to respect it. Who the hell are they to dictate what I can and can't do in MY country, especially since it's a tradition that doesn't harm anyone. This goes beyond a simple tradition. Whatever turk is oh so offended by a simple caricature just needs to shut the fuck up. They aren't even black in the first place. Not really at least

Edited by Guest

Eating is a pain and wastes time.

clearly you aaren't eating good food as eating is something that is pretty much universally enjoyed it's something that can bring people of all different cultures together as someone who enjoys cooking nothing makes me happier than seeing people enjoy my food. 

clearly you aaren't eating good food as eating is something that is pretty much universally enjoyed it's something that can bring people of all different cultures together as someone who enjoys cooking nothing makes me happier than seeing people enjoy my food. 

I mean, I don't think food tastes bad.  I rather enjoy the taste of some food.  I just usually have other things to do and eating food in general makes my stomach hurt quite often.

It would certainly help bring in revenue...

That is true, but I don't care so much about the revenue as I do about the principle. It's the same reason why I don't think gay marriage should be illegal. Any activity in which all of the parties involved are consenting shouldn't be any of the governments business ever. That's the most important reason to me personally, but I could also go on and on about the million ways that legalizing drugs and prostitution would be helpful to the economy and to society. 

That is true, but I don't care so much about the revenue as I do about the principle. It's the same reason why I don't think gay marriage should be illegal. Any activity in which all of the parties involved are consenting shouldn't be any of the governments business ever. That's the most important reason to me personally, but I could also go on and on about the million ways that legalizing drugs and prostitution would be helpful to the economy and to society. 

Ahhhh, that makes sense!
Considering how I am, and what I'm studying, I was looking at it from a business PoV.

I think Eugenics is a great idea. Just because we've evolved to the point to where disabled persons can live with ease, we should test and ban folks who have horrible illnesses that have a high chance to be passed down to their offspring and instead adoption-zone them. This is another more extreme view I have. 

Of course, hitler took it in a skin color and features way, but still. Cleansing the gene pool of debilitating illnesses that produce humans that do nothing for society sounds like a good idea.