unpopular opinions

Joel

47 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I like the Sonic Advance games a bit more than the classics. What they lack here and there in level design, they make up for in a wealth of movement options and variety of environments. Tremendous features like double tap air dashing, B-attack moves that stop momentum allowing for instant spindashing, R-Tricks off forced jumps to do backflips, spins, double jumps. It's just incredible. And the boost mode in Advance was brilliant and one of the smartest things I've seen in Sonic. Took earn your speed to the next level. All the ways to really optimize movement and routing just make these really fun for me on top of the qualities that made the Genesis games so fun. 

The Advance series was one of the things Sonic Team did right.

It depends on your needs, but Linux is generally considered better than Windows as a development environment. There's also no need to worry about Microsoft sneakily installing shady shit onto your system. It's also a lot more customizable since the source code is available to anyone(good luck though). Unfortunately it's a lot less intuitive when it comes to doing some things that are easily done in Windows(this appears to be changing?) and the community is a bit snobbish and dismissive to suggestions by people who want something to function similar to how Windows does. I've stumbled across a few "Want some specific feature? Code it yourself" kind of responses, which is rather counter intuitive when you want people to migrate to your operating system.

I hope ReactOS somehow picks up steam and catches up eventually. It's a fat chance though, since it's been in alpha for like 20 years.

• Like 1

I actually think Windows 10, for my needs, is pretty rad. I'm just not a fan of MS being very heavy handed with updates beyond necessary security revisions. But what they've got as far as the actual functionality works just fine for me. It's very slick looking, fast, stable, and different, but not TOO different too soon. To me it just works. So far the only real issue I had is that using an XBox One Elite controller with Windows 10 is really obtuse. With Win10, the controller tries to decide what it thinks is best and it actually gets really fucky. But it just acts natural on Win7. But that's one unique minor issue easily solved by picking a different pad and is moreso the fault of the controller than the OS.

• Like 1

I find Fallout 4 more fun than New Vegas. I am not a fan of long winded dialogue in video games, I prefer action. Fallout 4 has better gun mechanics, along with plenty of enemies to off. I also really dig the settlement building, although the system is a bit fickle at times. Now if only Diamond City radio didn't have the same 10 songs on rotation in a game that could be played for hours on end.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

This forum should've been built on XenForo, it's one of the better forum systems I've seen and everything seems to actually work. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

What? I like it. vBulletin sucks, so does Social, and IPB. The only thing I don't like about XenForo is the clunky interface, but you get use to that and is actually easier to use in my opinion... 

this opinion is unpopular for a reason

it's shit

47 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I think my drawings are shit, despite people telling me I'm improving.

I kinda think that's normal, maybe even commendable. That you're dissatisfied with your work shows a strong and consistent desire to improve. Or something

what the fuck is wrong with me why am i being so optimistic all of a sudden

• Like 3

On Sunday, October 09, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Cannakitty said:

Starbucks makes good ass coffee middle finger to the haters.

I'd tell you all of the reasons you're wrong... But I don't want to crash the site.

I agree with most older people's complaints about 'millennials.' Seriously kids shut the fuck up and stop bitching. You've had everything handed to you. Not my fault your 80 grand in debt getting a degree in therapeutic feminist dance theory and now you can't find a job. You know what job pays well? And what they need more of? Plumbers. There's no shame in an honest days work. But hell, you wouldn't know an honest days work if it bit you in the ass. Some kids today are fucking stupid, just like every generation. But the 'millennial' generation is the first one to shuttle their fuckwits en masse to college for some god forsaken reason.

• Like 4

On 10/16/2016 at 4:52 AM, DevilBear said:

I'd tell you all of the reasons you're wrong... But I don't want to crash the site.

I agree with most older people's complaints about 'millennials.' Seriously kids shut the fuck up and stop bitching. You've had everything handed to you. Not my fault your 80 grand in debt getting a degree in therapeutic feminist dance theory and now you can't find a job. You know what job pays well? And what they need more of? Plumbers. There's no shame in an honest days work. But hell, you wouldn't know an honest days work if it bit you in the ass. Some kids today are fucking stupid, just like every generation. But the 'millennial' generation is the first one to shuttle their fuckwits en masse to college for some god forsaken reason.

Kids today are fucking smart. They have brains like Bruce Lee. Thats a horrible anti-youth right wing point of view point you've got there. Btw my friend from High School is a plumber.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cannakitty said:

Kids today are fucking smart. They have brains like Bruce Lee. Thats a horrible anti-youth right wing point of view point you've got there. Btw my friend from High School is a plumber.

I'd have to agree: I'm often amazed at how much younger people know, even if it sometimes seems a bit disorganized. But given such increased access to information, it's possible to explore entire genres of art, music and literature that it would have taken literally ages to do a few decades ago. 

And working at a college library, I can't say the incoming freshman seem to be have gotten notably dumber; I'm often amazed how witty, urbane and cosmopolitan they are, at such an age.

Also, the rate of kids going to college has been falling, for since  2008/2009.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2016 at 6:52 AM, DevilBear said:

Oh no, more people are pursuing higher education, what a fucking nightmare.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cannakitty said:

That's why it's an unpopular opinion lol. It really is me seeing the worst and ignoring the best, and there are some incredible kids ouf there. I go to school with a lot of them, and they astound me with their knowledge. Still, I understand the old people. As far as anti-youth? Im very pro-youth. Especially in Asia. Thats right.

Im pro youth in asia.

I do stand by my opinion on Starbucks coffee 100% though. It sucks.

• Like 3

On 10/16/2016 at 6:52 AM, DevilBear said:

Well, they were raised by The Baby Boomers and the Gen Xs. :P

Just now, Johanna Waya said:

One thing I can't stand about blizzard is how ridiculously often accounts get hacked into and stolen with them, why even bother spending money on any of their games if you will go on a road trip and come back to nothing?

Stop buying gold from china, scrub.

2 hours ago, DevilBear said:

That's why it's an unpopular opinion lol. It really is me seeing the worst and ignoring the best, and there are some incredible kids ouf there. I go to school with a lot of them, and they astound me with their knowledge. Still, I understand the old people. As far as anti-youth? Im very pro-youth. Especially in Asia. Thats right.

Im pro youth in asia.

I do stand by my opinion on Starbucks coffee 100% though. It sucks.

Good answer.