unpopular opinions

Joel

32 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Personally I don't like it when people assume that sexual fetishes define my character; If I could press a button and make them all go away I would.

Regards other discussion, I don't think mocking and ostracising people is a good solution here either to be honest. If somebody has delicate sensitivities I think they can just explain that if somebody initiates an unwelcome conversation with them.

Anything that you share with people in public spaces will be associated with your character. That's just the nature of how mental categorization works.

If you don't want to be associated with or defined by something, you shouldn't share it. Pretty easy.
People will always form their own opinions about whatever you toss at them, and attach those opinions to you in turn, and there's literally nothing you can do about that except to instate your own internal filters as to what you let leak into the information stream.

I don't think it's worth respecting the sensibilities of someone who imposed their gross sexual details on someone else, without any respect to the recipient or basic social tact, to begin with.
If you grab someone's ass, and they sue you for sexual harassment, you don't get to cry out "BUT THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THEY WOULDN'T LIKE THAT!"
Cops ain't gonna give a shit.
It's your responsibility to have enough common sense not to go around grabbing asses without consent, in the first place.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vae said:

It's funny because Endless has nearly double Saxon's P/L ratio.
He's clearly in a position of needing to farm upvotes.

I mean, I was in the mod discussions when RL came into conception. And Zeke hasn't said shit to me about this.
But sure, why not. Lol.

4 hours ago, Saxon said:

When somebody said 'that stuff should go to a fetish forum' Zeke quoted them and implied the red lantern was the appropriate place, so I just referred to that to explain why I wasn't counting sexual content posted in the Red Lantern.

Is that acceptable for you?

I was also stating it in a jest, I wasn't serious about it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lemon said:

For the record, all the mods were cool about the RL. :|

unpopular opinion that I got flaggellated for today: I DONT LIKE PUMPKIN SPICE >:(

SATAN.

Cinnamon is the superior falliday spice anyway.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saxon said:

I'm not sure why Endless thought his view, that unwanted sexual advances are unwelcome, would be unpopular and I don't believe there is an epidemic of this behaviour.

I think it's just an easy thing to say to get likes.

My thoughts exactly. I also find it ironic, for a culture that prides itself on diversity but prohibits it here. I think we may have discovered why the attendance rate here is so low and why newer member don't stay long. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

My thoughts exactly. I also find it ironic, for a culture that prides itself on diversity but prohibits it here. I think we may have discovered why the attendance rate here is so low and why newer member don't stay long. 

The forums have never been a hugbox safe haven for the murry purry types of furries even when we were still FaF. That's why they've always hated us so much.

I don't think we pride ourselves on diversity so much as we pride ourselves on valuing social tact.

To weed out the people that pop into our community for the sole purpose of sharing how their dream in life is to be face sat by Articuno and tell them, "Hey! That shits gross. No one here really wants to listen to that kind of talk. Take it elsewhere please."

TTJ0zh0y.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Mad fire

Spittin mad fire, yo

the people that are mad are usually the targets of the general attitude. we're a forum of mostly furries-but-not-gross-furries. A bit of the fandom

21 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Valid points

No one is arguing the fact that this forum serves a specific purpose, but social elitism that prohibits newcomers (and some old) from expressing themselves freely in a tactful and tasteful manner is discouraging and doesn't give much incentive to stay around.

In any case, my opinions on the matter are unpopular but I stand by them. And for what this forum lacks, others make up for and vice versa. So no skin off my nose...  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

I haven't noticed any social elitism, but then I just shit post :^)

There are some users who seem to attract likes regardless of what they post.

Anyways, apparently gays should have the right to marry is an unpopular opinion in the social circles I know. The topic has been in and out of Australian politics recently so the discussion has come up repeatedly at work and around friends. I knew this country was heavy on racism and whatnot at times, but holy fuck there are a lot of close minded cunts around here. I am even more baffled by the fact that a lot of the people I talked to who are against it aren't even religious. I mean, why the fuck else would you oppose this? I thought the whole case against this was because of "traditional" values supposedly taken from the bible or some shit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

No one is arguing the fact that this forum serves a specific purpose, but social elitism that prohibits newcomers (and some old) from expressing themselves freely in a tactful and tasteful manner is discouraging and doesn't give much incentive to stay around.

In any case, my opinions on the matter are unpopular but I stand by them. And for what this forum lacks, others make up for and vice versa. So no skin off my nose...  

The elitism and harsh-ass treatment has actually lessened in our migration from oldFAF to here, by a lot. Mostly because a lot of the members are adults now and have settled down quite a bit.

Regardless, this has always and probably will always be an aspect of the community. It does lessen the join inflow, and some of the activity, but it also serves as a strong bullshit filter.
Quality over quantity and all that. That's always been an aspect of this particular group. We're not trying to market some kind of larger service, so it doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lemon said:

For the record, all the mods were cool about the RL. :|

unpopular opinion that I got flaggellated for today: I DONT LIKE PUMPKIN SPICE >:(

Only good "falliday" food is apple cider donuts.

That shit is like fucking crack in small, crumbly confectionery form.

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

we're a forum of mostly furries-but-not-gross-furries.

lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Anyways, apparently gays should have the right to marry is an unpopular opinion in the social circles I know. The topic has been in and out of Australian politics recently so the discussion has come up repeatedly at work and around friends. I knew this country was heavy on racism and whatnot at times, but holy fuck there are a lot of close minded cunts around here. I am even more baffled by the fact that a lot of the people I talked to who are against it aren't even religious. I mean, why the fuck else would you oppose this? I thought the whole case against this was because of "traditional" values supposedly taken from the bible or some shit.

This is something I've found as well... I think we even live fairly close. I think the same thing that baffled me what the fact that the majority of the people I was talking to weren't religious as well and one of their arguments were "If everyone is gay, how will we reproduce" like... dude, not everyone is going to be gay. Fortunately most people I've met have been fully supportive of it even there are circles like that. I guess these are the people that got Pauline Hanson back in :V (Not that our major parties are looking great atm either)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Only good "falliday" food is apple cider donuts.

That shit is like fucking crack in small, crumbly confectionery form.

lol

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

To be fair, I said that in mind with the people hang out with. I don't interact with most of you for.. yeah, I'll go ahead and take that back now. : U

6 hours ago, Revates said:

This is something I've found as well... I think we even live fairly close. I think the same thing that baffled me what the fact that the majority of the people I was talking to weren't religious as well and one of their arguments were "If everyone is gay, how will we reproduce" like... dude, not everyone is going to be gay. Fortunately most people I've met have been fully supportive of it even there are circles like that. I guess these are the people that got Pauline Hanson back in :V (Not that our major parties are looking great atm either)

You live in Australia, right? Maybe they are still afraid from the Toecutter's rampage back in 1979.

The Judeo-Christian God is an arrogant, petty, jealous, small-minded bigot who would rather wipe out an entire tribe of people for not worshipping him than encourage peaceful coexistence between people of different colours, creeds and nations.

• Like 3

Restaurants are gross. You gotta drink from nasty glasses that some person who might lick buttholes drank from, people exhale their gross lung air all over the place, and then fart and further pollute the air.

Sometimes the human body disgusts me.

4 hours ago, Hux said:

Restaurants are gross. You gotta drink from nasty glasses that some person who might lick buttholes drank from, people exhale their gross lung air all over the place, and then fart and further pollute the air.

Sometimes the human body disgusts me.

Never ever watch kitchen nightmares show, eat in Chinatown or become a health inspector

I prefer playing the original 3 Pokemon games as opposed to the new ones. It's not because I hate the new ones, it's because I've only ever played the first 3 plus some of the Gamecube games, so they appeal to me more because they're what I'm familiar with. Also, because the first 3 Pokemon games have a lot of glitches, and that interests me immensely.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2016 at 3:48 AM, Faust said:

The Judeo-Christian God is an arrogant, petty, jealous, small-minded bigot who would rather wipe out an entire tribe of people for not worshipping him than encourage peaceful coexistence between people of different colours, creeds and nations.

The correct term is 'Abrahamic' as there are like, twenty religions with that particular god :V (Sure most of them are breakaways from the 'big three' but still)

OT: I only really like three of ERB's videos and think they've actually gotten worse as time has passed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I prefer playing the original 3 Pokemon games as opposed to the new ones. It's not because I hate the new ones, it's because I've only ever played the first 3 plus some of the Gamecube games, so they appeal to me more because they're what I'm familiar with. Also, because the first 3 Pokemon games have a lot of glitches, and that interests me immensely.

You should definitely play the remakes if you haven't already, namely FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Imo HG/SS is the absolute best pokémon game.

But I guess I say that because out of the original two games, I really really really liked G/S. I never played Crystal though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

You should definitely play the remakes if you haven't already, namely FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Imo HG/SS is the absolute best pokémon game.

But I guess I say that because out of the original two games, I really really really liked G/S. I never played Crystal though.

My favorite out of the originals is Pokemon Blue.

Just now, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

My favorite out of the originals is Pokemon Blue.

leafgreen it is, thats the one I had

I wish I still had my copy because I had mad shit on that thing, namely nearly all the mons from gen 1-3 and mad stuff like lugia and ho-oh without using hax (thank you, gamecube spinoffs)

I remember finding Regice/Regirock/Registeel in Ruby as well, which was a big deal back then in a time where most playground kids didn't have internet access including me. All because my nan taught me about braille.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lopaw said:

Vocational education > academic education.

Especially since modern employers literally in the past 20 years went from liking degrees to hating them, wanting experience instead.

Holy moly, finally someone who realized this

On 29 October 2016 at 6:43 PM, LadyRadarEars said:

The correct term is 'Abrahamic' as there are like, twenty religions with that particular god :V (Sure most of them are breakaways from the 'big three' but still)

I tend to prefer Judeo-Christian because it excludes Islam. Better safe than sorry :D

1 minute ago, Faust said:

I tend to prefer Judeo-Christian because it excludes Islam. Better safe than sorry :D

I can't tell if that's because you don't believe they stem from the same thing or if you're worried that fundIslamists or fundi-christians will throw bricks at your house for implying it, or something :3

OT: I actually thought starfox adventures and assault were fun D:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

I can't tell if that's because you don't believe they stem from the same thing or if you're worried that fundIslamists or fundi-christians will throw bricks at your house for implying it, or something :3

A bit of both - very different cultures involved. Fortunately the UK is relatively short of Christian fundamentalists compared to America, although my father did once have offensive graffiti painted over his front door for being a druid.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2016 at 2:02 AM, Sylver said:

He's an evil man because his actions, which largely stem from his values and beliefs, conflict with your values and beliefs. If your values and beliefs aligned with Hitler's, and under the right circumstances, you would see him as a good man. It primarily boils down to which side of the board you're on and whether your values and beliefs align with theirs. To many Americans, ISIS members are evil; to many ISIS members, Americans are evil.

You nerd that was a joke based on indisputable truths!

But if we must debate on the facts Im pretty sure evil boils down to harm done to other parties without reason (i.e self defense). 

Hitler supposedly helped out a country but in doing so caused the mass genocide of millions of innocent people, the people who saw it as 'good' at the time ignored that fact and instead focused on the good it brought the country, thinking as if it was for 'the greater good'

...and ISIS? Im pretty sure the organization itself is a terrorist group bent on killing, whereas America is not. They might view the other as evil based on rivalry, but at this time so far America  (a country rather than an organization) despite being a shithole gravitating on historical evils and upcoming goods doesnt really kill people intentionally as a whole, and its more neutral based on forces. 

...I could be wrong since I havent researched ISIS much.

Anyways, tl;dr if you want to pull the whole philosophical junk on good and evil you could say people themselves arent really good or bad, just people. However, things people commit are easily good or bad, no way around it, you cant kill harm another living being in any sense and call it a good act

As far as I actually care about morality, I'd boil it down simply to "If I promise not to do nasty things to you, I expect you to respond in kind." Unfortunately human psychology does tend to veer in the direction of tribalism, or "If I am nice to the people close to me, we can mutually protect each other from those who are further off." This, alas, can extend to "Those people further off are harming my neighbours by occupying land with resources we would find useful". And the whole sorry mess descends into variant forms of tribalism.

Religious fundamentalism, racist aggression, gang warfare and politics; it all boils down to more or less the same thing: "I have picked a group to which I belong and I protect their interests first." A true individualist or humanitarian has a great deal of difficulty making an impact on that kind of mentality because by nature they are either alone or considered outsiders, and if they're outsiders then they're just another faction trying to impose their will on the rest of the world and therefore no better than anyone else who wants to take over the world.

Every mover is moved in turn. Tides and eddies, eddies and tides. The flux of human rage and compassion are like waves upon the sea but it is the froth of innocent lives that invariably gets flung about.

Damn. I must be tired if I'm spouting this junk again. I should sleep.

• Like 2

Back on topic.

I really don't like Uptown Funk. Yea, I know it's hugely popular, fite me!

I just have no idea why I'm supposed to not believe this guy and what exactly I'm supposed to be watching for. I mean, he never does what I'm supposed to be watching for that will make me believe him.

(Let's just say the chorus for this song is kinda stupid and I'm not a fan of Bruno Mars whatsoever. He could spontaneously combust tomorrow and I'd shrug.)

• Like 1