unpopular opinions

Joel

3 hours ago, Red Lion said:

He lives in Charlotte. Heck I live out in a more rural area and it's still full of sneering college kids who think they're super enlightened but most of 'em lack any self-awareness or common sense. 

Are they the types that wear Che Guevara t-shirts but fail to realize that Che would of capped them for being bourgeois? 

• Like 1

Why electricity has become so expensive, despite greatly falling fuel prices. I think this is partly due to more and more corporate monopolies, in many places, Vs. the kind of customer owned cooperatives we had back in Michigan. When a CEO has to get paid 30 million a year, you end up being one of many, footing the bill...

1 hour ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Why electricity has become so expensive, despite greatly falling fuel prices. I think this is partly due to more and more corporate monopolies, in many places, Vs. the kind of customer owned cooperatives we had back in Michigan. When a CEO has to get paid 30 million a year, you end up being one of many, footing the bill...

I think you might have the wrong thread, buddy.

• Like 2

The way you strip a word of any power it has is not to stop people using it, but to use it so much that it loses any meaning it once meant.

In my opinion, you're a bloody idiot if you get offended by words like "faggot" and cry and demand people stop using it. You're part of the reason those words retain any power. So what? I've been called almost everything under the sun, it doesn't mean anything. When did "Sticks & Stones may break my bones" stop being relevant?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChaosCalix said:

The way you strip a word of any power it has is not to stop people using it, but to use it so much that it loses any meaning it once meant.

In my opinion, you're a bloody idiot if you get offended by words like "faggot" and cry and demand people stop using it. You're part of the reason those words retain any power. So what? I've been called almost everything under the sun, it doesn't mean anything. When did "Sticks & Stones may break my bones" stop being relevant?

shut up you faggot cuck lmao

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ChaosCalix said:

I'm so glad you apparently live in a sphere where the F slur isn't used to establish power in a situation and facilitate violence lmao

like really sincerely glad and not bitter at all that homophobia is apparently Not A Problem 4 u anymore

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

I'm so glad you apparently live in a sphere where the F slur isn't used to establish power in a situation and facilitate violence lmao

like really sincerely glad and not bitter at all that homophobia is apparently Not A Problem 4 u anymore

You can make a point without being passive aggressive, you know.

On 11/1/2016 at 0:42 AM, Johanna Waya said:

As far as I can tell their raps have gotten less rough and more refined, I tend to like them.

The most recent one was actually.... not terribly good. I guess hilary clinton vs trump is a hard idea to pull off without getting so political it is hard to focus on the music or "making" two characters with awful voices sing.

I liked it when Lincoln showed up to school the both of them. It was rather one sided though because he only slaps trump a bunch of times and didn't at least slap hillary once, but they had it coming.

On 11/1/2016 at 10:32 PM, Feverish said:

Women with clothes on are more attractive than nude ones

Sometimes. Yoga/spandex pants, especially with the right ass in them, are amazing.

Had one in front of me earlier today... and a long tight-fitting shirt hot damn... I was so damn distracted I almost hated it. 

• Like 1

I'm going to expand the sentiment I made a few pages back and say that my unpopular opinion is that I think all philosophers deserve an eternity in Hell for each person that misunderstands their works and uses that poor understanding to justify being awful.

Nietzsche just gets a few extra slots in Hell because he wanted his writing to be cool and the result of that is me having to see "'Nietzsche is dead' - God" every once in a while. You don't see anybody with "'Hume/Hegel/Schopenhauer is dead' - God" plastered on the back of their car.

21 hours ago, Falaffel said:

no you, you cock-juggling thunder cunt of a cum dumpster

<3

This statement is the best case possible against a loving god.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

I liked it when Lincoln showed up to school the both of them. It was rather one sided though because he only slaps trump a bunch of times and didn't at least slap hillary once, but they had it coming.

Sometimes. Yoga/spandex pants, especially with the right ass in them, are amazing.

Had one in front of me earlier today... and a long tight-fitting shirt hot damn... I was so damn distracted I almost hated it. 

If me wear yoga pants will you like

7 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

You can make a point without being passive aggressive, you know.

7 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I'm not being passive aggressive. You are. This is why people don't take your opinions seriously.

I'm not sure why you love to argue about the things that make you look as hypocritical as possible, but my unpopular opinion is that I find this amusing.

13 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

If you want to challenge an opinion, step up and challenge it, don't leave a pissy, passive-aggressive comment that shows you know nothing about the person saying it. You don't know a lick about the shit I've dealt with, or what people have used to try and get leverage over me. All you have is the posts I've left here, and a will to make excuses. Challenge an opinion if you dislike it. With facts, and reasoning.

I don't have an unpopular opinion for today.

Uh.

Burger King makes "alright" budget burgers?

• Like 1

On 11/6/2016 at 6:46 PM, ChaosCalix said:

Sounds like a page straight out of the book of George Carlin. 

And yes, I agree...

2 hours ago, ChaosCalix said:

Burger King makes "alright" budget burgers?

Why yes, yes they do. Better than shitty McDonalds.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hux said:

I actually like to cuddle.

Please kill me.

I like to keep a mile or two of personal space even among loved ones like a true Finn  because I am super introverted and have a sensitive touch

So you're already dead to me.

:v

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ChaosCalix said:

If you want to challenge an opinion, step up and challenge it, don't leave a pissy, passive-aggressive comment that shows you know nothing about the person saying it. You don't know a lick about the shit I've dealt with, or what people have used to try and get leverage over me. All you have is the posts I've left here, and a will to make excuses. Challenge an opinion if you dislike it. With facts, and reasoning.

Y'know, you're not wrong about words. 

The issue is, people don't agree with you and are hurt by them regardless of your outlook. I've had this exact argument before, from your side of things, but i realized that it's much easier I compromise on a word or two around certain people if they request it. It's simple courtesy. You can stick up for what you believe in and make the people who disagree feel worse and generally get nothing accomplished, or you can respect other's wishes. S'up to you.

As an edit: Why're you biting so hard? Fuckin' jesus, man. 

Edited by Falaffel
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Snagged Cub said:

I like to keep a mile or two of personal space even among loved ones like a true Finn  because I am super introverted and have a sensitive touch

So you're already dead to me.

:v

This is is off topic, but I always thought that Sweden, Norway, and Finland looked like a giant continental dick.

I hope that one day you will overcome your extreme introversion and learn how to love.

I will wait for you for a thousand summers...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hux said:

This is is off topic, but I always thought that Sweden, Norway, and Finland looked like a giant continental dick.

Yep, you're right. My friend Simo from Finland sent me this once, complaining how Finland is basically the scrotum:

14954412361_b305995594_o.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Both crews suck. I can't wait for this nightmare election season to be over.

Word. Its just with this community, every furry is treating her like Jesus Buddha Allah Christ and this lady is perfect and lol silly leaks aren't true x3 and Hillary is a GOD I LOVE HER. Its fugging obnoxious how people would be up a candidates ass this much given who the fuck it is.

Full on trump supporters are a meme though.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

Word. Its just with this community, every furry is treating her like Jesus Buddha Allah Christ and this lady is perfect and lol silly leaks aren't true x3 and Hillary is a GOD I LOVE HER. Its fugging obnoxious how people would be up a candidates ass this much given who the fuck it is.

Full on trump supporters are a meme though.

#MemeParty2016

• Like 1