unpopular opinions

Joel

The term "passive aggressive" seems to be suffering here. The posts up there aren't remotely passive and far better fit under "sarcasm" than anything else I can think of.

8 hours ago, ChaosCalix said:

If you want to challenge an opinion, step up and challenge it, don't leave a pissy, passive-aggressive comment that shows you know nothing about the person saying it. You don't know a lick about the shit I've dealt with, or what people have used to try and get leverage over me. All you have is the posts I've left here, and a will to make excuses. Challenge an opinion if you dislike it. With facts, and reasoning.

Although this is the unpopular opinions thread, I feel that, since this is the road we're down, serious responses are invited. Ampers& did, in fact, include the usual objection to your argument in her post. Namely that words in active use as targeted slurs, often associated with negative actions up to and including physical violence, will naturally tend to evoke a strong response in those who find themselves routinely targeted. In terms of mental weight, the use of a word as a directed slur will likely far exceed all others by virtue of its implications.

There is a complementary way to look at the issue, actually. If you use such a slur, even in an attempt to ``disempower'' it, you will inevitably find yourself seen as affiliated with those of far more malicious intent. This will happen regardless of whether people express offense towards you or how many others decide some slur is fun to say, as long as that slur is still commonly associated with real negative consequences for its targets.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Onnes said:

Ampers& did, in fact, include the usual objection to your argument in her post

yeah but I was disagreeing with him over the internet so that automatically makes me a sophist bent on eschewing "facts" and "logic" in favour of emotional supremacy

It's a good thing no one takes me seriously, anyway, else all the ppl with lazy / apathetic politics might have something to worry about

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

yeah but I was disagreeing with him over the internet so that automatically makes me a sophist bent on eschewing "facts" and "logic" in favour of emotional supremacy

It's a good thing no one takes me seriously, anyway, else all the ppl with lazy / apathetic politics might have something to worry about

Yeah so get out nerd

:v

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another Ampers& said:

I still can't believe you dont like mayo on your sandwiches. This point of contention alone could topple empires.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sourdough said:

I still can't believe you dont like mayo on your sandwiches. This point of contention alone could topple empires.

Mayo is gross. Humus is also nasty.

I hope this doesn't damage our potential maybe friendship someday, but I have very strong opinions about condiments.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hux said:

Mayo is gross. Humus is also nasty.

I hope this doesn't damage our potential maybe friendship someday, but I have very strong opinions about condiments.

Hummus isn't a condiment though. I will accept your opinion on the grounds that a potential maybe friendship someday with you is something I would like.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

I usually drown a sandwich in chipotle sauce and spicy mustard alongside hummus and horseradish sauce and red wine vinegar, and then to 'soak it up' I pour on jalapenos :3c

I've been summoned by mention of spicy things. 

*sidles up* Don't suppose you'd let me have a bite of that, it sounds like it'd be right up my alley. I am especially fond of things with jalapenos and horseradish. 

• Like 2

Stop calling Obamacare a godsend. And fuck these pompous announcements from the whitehouse stating they did a "good job" on bringing down the uninsured rate. You're fucking forcing people to get healthcare or suffer a 2-2.5% tax penalty for being uninsured. And the cost to be insured? $200/mo. Yup, go fuck yourself if you're a college graduate trying to make it in this world with your spouse, because apparently the government can't get enough enjoyment out of buttfucking the little guy.

The only people who are fucking eccstatic about Obamacare are teenage furfags and people who aren't 26 years old yet. Oh, and rich libtards who have their head so far up their ass, they could be considered a carry on item for flights.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

Stop calling Obamacare a godsend. And fuck these pompous announcements from the whitehouse stating they did a "good job" on bringing down the uninsured rate. You're fucking forcing people to get healthcare or suffer a 2-2.5% tax penalty for being uninsured. And the cost to be insured? $200/mo. Yup, go fuck yourself if you're a college graduate trying to make it in this world with your spouse, because apparently the government can't get enough enjoyment out of buttfucking the little guy.

The only people who are fucking eccstatic about Obamacare are teenage furfags and people who aren't 26 years old yet. Oh, and rich libtards who have their head so far up their ass, they could be considered a carry on item for flights.

I'm so poor that when they wanted to fine me for not having insurance they waived the fine :D

Hurray turbotax!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LadyRadarEars said:

I usually drown a sandwich in chipotle sauce and spicy mustard alongside hummus and horseradish sauce and red wine vinegar, and then to 'soak it up' I pour on jalapenos :3c

I actually really hate too spicy things. My tongue is sensitive ;u;

• Like 1

Just now, LadyRadarEars said:

I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and my parents smoked so much that I had asthma and bronchitis until the day I moved out, p much, so I'm a solid 'no' on the smell :V

i can get behind that.  i can't actually hang around people while they're smoking because of my sinus problems.  i just creep in and sniff their clothes later

• Like 1

On 04/11/2016 at 0:42 PM, Sourdough said:

I honestly don't care which person you ameribros support, it does not affect my opinion of you in any way.

That is probably unpopular but guys come on worry about your own country jeez.

Guy who wrote that is a fucking moron.

It took until tonight for it to sink in that this affects a lot of people I care about very very much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LadyRadarEars said:

Its okay, we all have our weirdness!

;v;

maybe it's because i grew up around smokers and it's a familiar/nostalgic smell for me

maybe it's maybelline

i just can't believe it's not butter i need a drink

• Like 2