unpopular opinions

Joel

KFC was good.

WAS

Then they got rid of my 99 cent Chicken Snackers. FIVE of them bitches was dinner for $4.96 as a teenager. Now we have these fake ass "Chicken Littles". Fuck outta here. What happened to life, man? :'(

• Like 3

I genuinly want the option to buy insects at a grocery store, maybe because they are healthy and easy to make delicious.

Not sure how to spice locusts, think they might go good with a little bit of lime and some tequila.

Won't eat crickets though, nasty things.

Now I'm dreaming of scorpions cooked with chipotle peppers and a little bit of lemon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gator said:

PIZZA NORMIE GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FATHER I AM DISPLEASED

3 hours ago, Snagged said:

Pizza is overrated if it's what you have every other day, yes. 

Straighten up, cook for yourself and have some variety. 

You must not have met me then

4 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Wrong

Get out

Meet_Gwendolyn__the_pet_alligator_0_1624

taking my pineapple pizza with me

you can have the rest of your crap

53 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

FATHER I AM DISPLEASED

IDC YOU'RE GROUNDED

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Silo said:

Cooking ramen with your own spices/ingredients is the proper way to make it.

Also, if it doesn't have vegetable oil, it automatically sucks

I'm not hungry, but I'm going to go make ramen and put vegetable oil in it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

I'm not hungry, but I'm going to go make ramen and put vegetable oil in it.

Just a short note, sesame oil is usually used for asian dishes. It has a stronger flavor than vegetable oil.

Threads like this are usually a dumping ground for terrible ideas and opinions, not so much because they are unpopular as because they are "unpopular"—namely, shit that could get you decked in person. That said, when they don't consist of people whining about Political Correctness Gone Mad, Oh No, they can be pretty funny.

...maybe that's too meta.

I sincerely enjoy noise music.

1 hour ago, Wax said:

I don't really think this is an unpopular opinion, but...

Windows 7 is better than Windows 10.

I'm actually sure that's a POPULAR opinion.

Personally, I had no problems with Win 10 as an OS, since I  don't do crazy technological stuff. But I also kind of saw it grow up and change a bit cause I had a preview versions.

2 hours ago, Wax said:

I don't really think this is an unpopular opinion, but...

Windows 7 is better than Windows 10.

Windows 10 is a good OS once you customize it a bit, block all the spyware and uninstall all preinstalled junk and then it's a pretty good OS

The only gripe I have with it is that I seemingly cannot make myself a super admin who can tinker with every file and folder without breaking my PC (already tried to make myself a super admin, issues arose and I had to reinstall OS)

However, IIRC this issue was also in WIndows 7, particularly regarding certain permissions in Program Files folder

38 minutes ago, Snagged said:

Windows 10 is a good OS once you customize it a bit, block all the spyware and uninstall all preinstalled junk and then it's a pretty good OS

The only gripe I have with it is that I seemingly cannot make myself a super admin who can tinker with every file and folder without breaking my PC (already tried to make myself a super admin, issues arose and I had to reinstall OS)

However, IIRC this issue was also in WIndows 7, particularly regarding certain permissions in Program Files folder

So it's a good OS once you strip down every possible thing that comes with it by default?

2 hours ago, Fantasma said:

So it's a good OS once you strip down every possible thing that comes with it by default?

The menu is the only thing that truly needs a change. I'd recommend Windows Classic Shell to replace your menu UI, othewise, all the bloatware and some opt in/out settings shouldn't interfere with your user experience.

Stripping everything down is a personal preference of mine and I am sure your average user wouldn't even notice all the preinstalled crapware is even there.

Also, Windows 10 boots up vastly more quickly than 7 and is overall more optimized in the technical side and 10 would definitely be a true upgrade if it wasn't for Microsoft's attempt to shove their own store down the users throats, forced updates and use more intensive data collection about the users of their OS

2 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I'm actually sure that's a POPULAR opinion.

Personally, I had no problems with Win 10 as an OS, since I  don't do crazy technological stuff. But I also kind of saw it grow up and change a bit cause I had a preview versions.

I vaguely recall you complaining that you couldn't incorporate those barbaric misspellings :v

37 minutes ago, Feelwell said:

trash 

I volunteer as tribute

I'm a lazy piece of poop but it baffles even me how lazy people can be with these kinds of things. My stepsister occasionally walks into the bathroom, does her business, then walks right out - toilet un-flushed, hands unwashed, and lights on. May God have mercy on her soul.

Don't even get me started on lunch time at the high school.

• Like 2

every day i get to watch people shoot for the trashcan, miss, and leave their crumpled napkins on the floor.  they do it because they know i'll clean up after them.  because i have to.  and that's where laziness comes from. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Feelwell said:

All people who leave food/drink, especially unfinished, and ESPECIALLY used freaking kleenex, in the shopping carts, must be sent to camps and made to pick up disgusting trash from other people until they die.

Welcome to retail. If you work the floor often you'll learn two things very quickly: people are disgusting and also incredibly lazy

• Like 5

On 5/29/2017 at 0:53 PM, Gator said:

every day i get to watch people shoot for the trashcan, miss, and leave their crumpled napkins on the floor.  they do it because they know i'll clean up after them.  because i have to.  and that's where laziness comes from. 

Me: 

At_least_you_tried.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Out of shape, virgin nerds really need to shut up about sports games. Madden, 2K, Fifa and the like are well made, often consistent franchises, and extremely popular among the millions of people who enjoy them every year. It doesn't mean the measly 5% of hrdcre Internet gamers that constantly complain about their existence has to like them. That's fine. They're not made for you. If you don't like sports, of course you're not going to have interest. "Oh man, all EA talks about are sports games." YEAH that's their highest selling content, dumbass.
And I swear people who always want to shit on fans of Madden calling them all dudebros sound like they're still bitter about being picked last for kickball during recess. It's the same crap as someone saying you're a gay nerd for playing Zelda instead of GTA. The double standard and lack of self-awareness is real. lmao

"BUT I CAN JUST GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY FOOTBALL!!!"

Oh, so you can just become Peyton Manning and play at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum in front of thousands of people? You're suddenly a professional NBA player on the Lakers? Because I'm preeeetty sure that's the entire appeal of these games to live out that fantasy. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Out of shape, virgin nerds really need to shut up about sports games. Madden, 2K, Fifa and the like are well made, often consistent franchises, and extremely popular among the millions of people who enjoy them every year. It doesn't mean the measly 5% of hrdcre Internet gamers that constantly complain about their existence has to like them. That's fine. They're not made for you. If you don't like sports, of course you're not going to have interest. "Oh man, all EA talks about are sports games." YEAH that's their highest selling content, dumbass.
And I swear people who always want to shit on fans of Madden calling them all dudebros sound like they're still bitter about being picked last for kickball during recess. It's the same crap as someone saying you're a gay nerd for playing Zelda instead of GTA. The double standard and lack of self-awareness is real. lmao

Oh, so you can just become Peyton Manning and play at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum in front of thousands of people? You're suddenly a professional NBA player on the Lakers? Because I'm preeeetty sure that's the entire appeal of these games to live out that fantasy. 

Plus, I have Madden '03 to thank for introducing me to Seether :v

1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

That's not the point. 

Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly fine to play out a fantasy in a video game - but you'll find people that are far too serious about it - at least - with what I've seen and heard in MyPark.

There's also the "$60 for a roster change" argument, but the developers don't make any money just patching the game.

• 2 months later...
Just now, WolfyAmbassador said:

I'm aware, I'm just implying that because I use my PC more for gaming, my consoles are conveniently used as media centers for my TV.

Media centers makes more sense.

Your wording made it seem like you were streaming games from your console.

On 6/30/2017 at 3:56 PM, Tsuujou said:

My thing is that they seem to come out with a game every single damn year, most of the time with seemingly minor changes. It seems silly to pay $60 every year for almost the same game. Though, it's your money. And for some people that might be the only game they buy each year while others are spending $60 x 20 for other games. Or you might be someone who just buys one every few years.

The other thing is because of the demand in releasing a game every year, EA really treats their employees like shit and overworks them to an insane amount to meet those deadlines of a new game every year, in every sport they put a game out for. I think I hate that more than a guy spending $60+ every year.

18 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

The other thing is because of the demand in releasing a game every year, EA really treats their employees like shit and overworks them to an insane amount to meet those deadlines of a new game every year, in every sport they put a game out for. I think I hate that more than a guy spending $60+ every year.

They are two sides of the same coin: abusive employers who exploit their workers and the customers who enable such behavior.