unpopular opinions

Joel

• 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Coloured contact lenses actually are a bad idea in my view, because contact lenses which aren't medically approved can cause eye damage. It's not worth the risk to be a special snowflake with yellow eyes. 

I'm talking specifically about it being "fake" or "a betrayal" to someone else's ownership complex.

Technically, cosmetic surgery is obviously the most medically risky of all of those things.
But if someone wants to take that risk, that's their decision to make.

1 hour ago, Newt said:

You've either never drunk or never drunk anything good.

Pshaw, obviously those darn alcohol drinkers are just brainwashed by society. It's got nuthin' to do with it being pleasurable and a magnificent social lubricant, and pretty addictive to boot :P

1 hour ago, Newt said:

You've either never drunk or never drunk anything good.

Joss Whedon is grossly overrated.

well in regards to taste that's just personal opinion. I have tried tons of different alcohol and never really like any because of the aftertaste, basically i have gotten to try pretty much any alcohol that any of my family members have had when i was around and i have never liked it regardless of the form. But i'm not talking about drinking alcohol for the taste being outdated, I'm talking about the state of being drunk. The state of being drunk is outdated entertainment.

It was the main form of entertainment in a time before common sports, electronics and all the basic things we do for fun. Also compare the bad things that come from being drunk and alcohol to stuff like movies or any other form of entertainment. I can spend all night playing video games and as long as i get decent sleep i won't feel like shit the next day, If I was drinking or drunk odds are I would get a hangover. Also before you talk about all the weird complex ways to avoid a hangover the fact is you need to do these things compared to modern entertainment where you don't have to do any of that.

There's also the fact it leads to alcoholism, which is a completely ridiculous risk to take to be entertained when you can do so many other things now a days. With stuff like movies, tv shows, and video games you don't have to worry about actual chemical addictions as you do with alcohol. There's also drunk driving and all the accidents it causes and people it ends up killing, which is way higher than stuff like video games and tv.

Yea there is the whole drink responsibly thing, but it's ridiculous that in our time and with all the things we have in our modern society that a form of entertainment would come with so many clauses and responsibilities and you could still end up with problems. There's also the fact the state of being drunk can be achieved without alcohol, like people can still feel like their drunk without drinking alcohol if they think they're drinking alcohol.

It's just when you think about it being drunk is just and old form of entertainment that was the only type in a time before modern society and i feel that with all our cool technology and ways to have fun getting drunk is outdated because of all the terrible shit that can come with it.

But I guess it makes sense that my unpopular opinion is actually unpopular.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

well in regards to taste that's just personal opinion. I have tried tons of different alcohol and never really like any because of the aftertaste, basically i have gotten to try pretty much any alcohol that any of my family members have had when i was around and i have never liked it regardless of the form. But i'm not talking about drinking alcohol for the taste being outdated, I'm talking about the state of being drunk. The state of being drunk is outdated entertainment.

It was the main form of entertainment in a time before common sports, electronics and all the basic things we do for fun. Also compare the bad things that come from being drunk and alcohol to stuff like movies or any other form of entertainment. I can spend all night playing video games and as long as i get decent sleep i won't feel like shit the next day, If I was drinking or drunk odds are I would get a hangover. Also before you talk about all the weird complex ways to avoid a hangover the fact is you need to do these things compared to modern entertainment where you don't have to do any of that.

There's also the fact it leads to alcoholism, which is a completely ridiculous risk to take to be entertained when you can do so many other things now a days. With stuff like movies, tv shows, and video games you don't have to worry about actual chemical addictions as you do with alcohol. There's also drunk driving and all the accidents it causes and people it ends up killing, which is way higher than stuff like video games and tv.

Yea there is the whole drink responsibly thing, but it's ridiculous that in our time and with all the things we have in our modern society that a form of entertainment would come with so many clauses and responsibilities and you could still end up with problems. There's also the fact the state of being drunk can be achieved without alcohol, like people can still feel like their drunk without drinking alcohol if they think they're drinking alcohol.

It's just when you think about it being drunk is just and old form of entertainment that was the only type in a time before modern society and i feel that with all our cool technology and ways to have fun getting drunk is outdated because of all the terrible shit that can come with it.

But I guess it makes sense that my unpopular opinion is actually unpopular.

You're comparing a bunch of completely unrelated types of experience.

Alcohol alters how you feel on a physical level.
Sports, videogames, etc, do not.

Alcohol is a drug.

So saying "You could just do this instead of this" is like telling someone they could drink water instead of eating a cheeseburger.
The actions fill the need for completely different desires.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

Pshaw, obviously those darn alcohol drinkers are just brainwashed by society. It's got nuthin' to do with it being pleasurable and a magnificent social lubricant, and pretty addictive to boot :P

Yeah, I got the "moral high-ground" kind of friends who always say things like "We don't need alcohol to have fun.  People that have to drink alcohol to enjoy themselves must be really terrible, boring people."

It annoys me, but maybe there is some truth to it.  I never get like sick drunk, but I do need a couple drinks to loosen up and function how I imagine most other people do naturally.  Alcohol is one of the few things that gets me over my crippling social anxiety where therapy and years of working in customer service and hospitality jobs have failed me.  Maybe that does make me terrible and boring, but dammit I deserve to have some fun too.

• Like 4

Cotton candy sucks

Justin bieber has talent, hes just a dick

cutting and self harm in general is pointless and a lot of people who do it are attention seeking

any orange and black fox oc is gross, generic, and not o at all

idk if this is unpopular but weed isnt cool and people who say they smoke weed for no reason are just fucking stupid like jesus

feminism isnt all that bad, but there are a lot of tumblr feminist bullshitters

cartoony fursuits are terrifying

licorice is really good

idk theres probably plenty more but thats all i got

Edited by Chii

4 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

Yeah, I got the "moral high-ground" kind of friends who always say things like "We don't need alcohol to have fun.  People that have to drink alcohol to enjoy themselves must be really terrible, boring people."

It annoys me, but maybe there is some truth to it.  I never get like sick drunk, but I do need a couple drinks to loosen up and function how I imagine most other people do naturally.  Alcohol is one of the few things that gets me over my crippling social anxiety where therapy and years of working in customer service and hospitality jobs have failed me.  Maybe that does make me terrible and boring, but dammit I deserve to have some fun too.

I honestly hate the fact that I find alcohol so absolutely revolting. I suck at that whole socialization thing and it seems so useful, especially for miserable people such as myself!

Oh well, that's why god invented hard drugs I suppose.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

4 minutes ago, Chii said:

feminism isnt all that bad, but there are a lot of tumblr feminist bullshitters

Extremists of any type are pretty much always a bad thing, and they do not represent what they claim to.
The issue is, that is the only 'feminism' most people are exposed to, so that's all they know.

38 minutes ago, ChaosCalix said:

^ These arguments nullify the worth of your point of view immediately in my eyes.

oh no

34 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

-

Comparing the state of being drunk to the feeling of playing video games reaffirms my belief that you've never been drunk before and have no idea what you're talking about.

1 minute ago, ChaosCalix said:

Extremists of any type are pretty much always a bad thing, and they do not represent what they claim to.
The issue is, that is the only 'feminism' most people are exposed to, so that's all they know.

Exactly, feminism can really help things, but all thats shown are girls standing around naked to show body positivity, which doesnt change anything

Everyones exposed to the worst of things, feminism, fandoms, anything involving other races, etc. Its sad, really

45 minutes ago, Vae said:

You're comparing a bunch of completely unrelated types of experience.

Alcohol alters how you feel on a physical level.
Sports, videogames, etc, do not.

Alcohol is a drug.

So saying "You could just do this instead of this" is like telling someone they could drink water instead of eating a cheeseburger.
The actions fill the need for completely different desires.

People generally get drunk to try and have fun. They're different types of methods but they are both to try and achieve the same thing and i feel alcohol does a poorer job at it and has way worse side effects. They're very different paths but people take them to try and lead to the same thing and i just feel the path of alcohol is one that is outdated and unnecessarily risky.

30 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

I don't think people who drink are terrible boring people, i just think it's a waste of time. I also have serious anxiety issues and had serious social issues, but I am handling them by throwing myself out there and trying to solve the situation rather than use a substance to get rid of them. Handling personal issues without relying on a substance and facing them head on also seems to be an unpopular opinion.

Also Newt like i mentioned before, whenever anyone in my family had alcohol i was able to taste so when i got older i have gotten drunk. there are also other drugs that can give you similar states of "drunkeness". I still think it's an outdated form of entertainment. You haven't disagreed with anything i said so far, you just tried to throw stuff at me rather than my arguments. 

Edited by AlastairSnowpaw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

I don't think people who drink are terrible boring people, i just think it's a waste of time. I also have serious anxiety issues and had serious social issues, but I am handling them by throwing myself out there and trying to solve the situation rather than use a substance to get rid of them. Handling personal issues without relying on a substance and facing them head on also seems to be an unpopular opinion.

I'm the same here~

But I admit, I seem to be a very.. odd case. I'm very good at manipulating a situation, faking how I feel, function under stress (and thus anxiety) really well, and so on. And I always do social stuff that have a 'main event'. Some kind of activity that we can focus on, like bowling, so there's something outside of socializing that I can get actual enjoyment from to balance out dealing with people.

Alcohol is honestly unnecessary for most people, most people just need to find their own way of dealing with things properly. They need to find the people that understand how they work, or they need to find the people that they are able to work with. It's just that everything is easier when you're drunk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

But drinking is usually cheaper and easier for me. :V

But seriously, good on you.

You should be helping the pedophiles/zoophiles who can't control their thoughts instead of locking them up for doing nothing.

I've noticed that there is a trend of certain people saying they thought about the idea of zoophilia or pedophilia and in an instant people are so quick to lock them up and throw away the key, even though they haven't even done a thing. It's not them saying they want to do that or that they already have, its more them talking about the depression they feel about their thoughts, how they can't help that they think and don't want to hurt anyone because of them. Just because someone thinks a certain way and hates themselves for it, doesn't mean we should all be making the broad generalization that they are going to become an uncontrollable monster.

My opinion on this is, instead of locking them up - we should perhaps be trying to help prevent them from falling into the influence of such perverse, unspeakable acts. I feel it would make a lot more sense to offer them the cognitive-behavioral therapy to help address these horrible patterns rather than irrationally wishing for their death because they admit they need help. I just don't see there really being a lot of support for prevention-psychology when it comes to these things, just post-rehabilitation.

Now, before this gets took out of context, I'd like to firstly say I DO NOT want anyone raping children and animals, nor forcing/having indecent photography or video of them. I still believe they should be prosecuted for their terrible crimes. However, thought crime shouldn't deserve punishment.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sylver said:
  • Religion should be classifies as a mental disorder.
  • Murdering children, to some extent, is perfectly fine.
  • Useless individuals with debilitating conditions should be put down
  • People that contribute nothing to society in terms of knowledge, have no job, and mooch off the government should be put down.
  • Unintelligent breeders should be euthanized
  • Incest, so long as they don't have children, is fine

This is the most fedora lord thing I've ever read. I tip my hat to you gentlesir c^:

Religion should be protected-- from itself and from others. 

Rights don't end where a person's feelings begin. 

Those who abuse children are the biggest threat to our future and security as a species.

Some are irredeemable and you just can't help them. 

2 hours ago, Sar said:

I've noticed that there is a trend of certain people saying they thought about the idea of zoophilia or pedophilia and in an instant people are so quick to lock them up and throw away the key, even though they haven't even done a thing. It's not them saying they want to do that or that they already have, its more them talking about the depression they feel about their thoughts, how they can't help that they think and don't want to hurt anyone because of them. Just because someone thinks a certain way and hates themselves for it, doesn't mean we should all be making the broad generalization that they are going to become an uncontrollable monster.

Honestly, the idea of locking someone up for thinking something is absolutely absurd, especially when they're open to admitting they have because they don't want it to happen. Just because I've thought about killing people (and I have), doesn't mean I'm gonna turn into a fucking murderer. Likewise goes for any other thought a person can have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChaosCalix said:

Honestly, the idea of locking someone up for thinking something is absolutely absurd, especially when they're open to admitting they have because they don't want it to happen. Just because I've thought about killing people (and I have), doesn't mean I'm gonna turn into a fucking murderer. Likewise goes for any other thought a person can have.

It's not illegal to fantasize about fucking kids.

•  Touch screens suck. Thanks, Apple
  •  Minimalist and flat design is now an excuse to be lazy. Thanks, Apple.
  •  Nintendo hasn't put out a decent home console since the Gamecube
  •  Most modern AAA games have very little soul and focus too heavily on realism instead of pure fun
  •  Pedophiles, acting or non-acting need support and help, not fuming hatred and death threats
  •  Coming out to your family about being a furry is completely unnecessary
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Endless/Nameless said:

The Phantom Menace didn't suck. 

Agree or disagree, most people argue Episode 2 was the worst of all six movies.

And my unpopular opinion: I didn't mind it one bit when I saw it, and still can enjoy most of the movie. These days, I'd prefer Anakin not say a word for most of it, but everything that didn't include him (and some stuff with him, if he was with Obi-wan) was completely watchable and enjoyable.

It's really JUST the Anakin and Padme scenes that ruin the movie to me

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sylver said:

At the risk of sounding edgy - I don't have morals because I lack many emotions. I see the world a lot more bluntly. 

I see children as relatively blank canvases that can easily be replaced.

So basically you're a sociopath

Edited by Maug

17 minutes ago, Sylver said:

i dont have a diagnosis because the government will try ad capture me

2 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

So why are you posting here? The government will be able to track you down now!

I am actually a government agent in a secret strike task force trained to take down dangerous furries (if we're going to role play like a bunch of faggots might as well take it all the way). 

Just now, ChaosCalix said:

Picarto is a terrible website and doesn't deserve to be as popular as it is for streaming.

fite me I'll fite u

srsly though, why? It allows good streaming for freebies. 

5 minutes ago, ChaosCalix said:

Picarto is a terrible website and doesn't deserve to be as popular as it is for streaming.

I agree that the site itself is really sucky, BUT the one thing that wins me over is that, at least for those I follow, the chat isn't filled with assheads like Twitch. 

Edited by Endless/Nameless
Ghrammer

20 minutes ago, Lemon said:

fite me I'll fite u

srsly though, why? It allows good streaming for freebies. 

I have never used a streaming website that is as fundamentally broken (at least on Chrome) as Picarto. I literally cannot use it half of the time because of bugs with the chat box, and the website is a serious CPU hog if you don't have an up to standards computer (it pushes my CPU to 95+°C)

The fact that I may have to change browsers just to chat on Picarto reliably when my friends are streaming makes me loathe ever having to open the website.

Edited by ChaosCalix