unpopular opinions

Joel

-Otters are the best

-Kpop > Jpop

-Transgender is a very mental thing. It's a matter of ones own identity; so stop comparing it to other sexualities so hard. There's a big difference between who you see yourself as, and who you simply do or don't wanna bang :v

-Foxes are lame

-Vore is alright

-Vegemite is delicious

-Gaming consoles are lame and brand-specific video games are poison to the video game industry

-Red Licorice is better than black licorice

-"It takes a lot of work and effort" is not an excuse to have an unhealthy weight. There's nothing wrong with weight, but if you yourself do not like it then work for what you want. Just because someone may be of a healthy weight, it does not mean they don't work just as hard to stay that way

-Starcraft is awesome and totally not dead

-I hate the growing thin-skinned tumblr mentality of things lately. We learn from conflict and criticism - not by getting a pat on the butt for doing a terrible job at something

-Music "these days" does not suck. You just need to bother looking past Nicky Manaj's booty

-Most new horror and FPS games that are released recently are beyond overrated

-Movies really aren't that hype

-If you have a strong passion for something, then it's always worth working towards it. Too many people give up so easily, and go for whatever will make them money in an already over-saturated job market. Wonder why so many people are jobless :v

-Dragons are boring

-Personas/fursonas are not necessary for anything

-Sleeping in is not nice

-Being sober is a lot funner than being drunk

-Wildstar isn't bad

-Otters are still the best

• Like 2

• I think sexuality, no matter which one, should be kept to oneself, and in that I think pride parades are ridiculous. Nobody cares about who you're banging.
  • I think otherkin is stupid
  • Pokemon isn't the best game in the world
  • Liking something designed for younger people doesn't make you immature
  • Being a race that isn't white doesn't make you special. We all suck
  • All humans are selfish in one way or another
Edited by Sidewalk Surfboard
  • Like 3

• There's nothing wrong with cosmetic plastic surgery, whether it be to hide the results of a horrible accident, or just to make your boobs bigger.
  • There's nothing wrong with makeup.
  • There's nothing wrong with bleaching or coloring your hair.
  • There's nothing wrong with getting hair extensions.
  • There's nothing with push-up bras.
  • There's nothing wrong with colored contacts.

People don't need to present themselves "naturally" to you, just because you have some kind of fucked-up ownership complex.
Even if you sleep with them. Even if you get into a relationship with them.
People don't owe you goddamned shit.

• Like 2

Sidewalk is right. Pokemon games actually suck the big penis. Even the precious gen 1. On that note, Nintendo in general is a joke today (in most but not all cases).

I agree with the Nintendo thing. I would also add that Nintendo games overall were things I liked when I was much younger and most of the games that came out within the past decade or so stopped appealing to me once I was out of my teens. That's not to say Mario and the Legend of Zelda weren't good series with real entertainment value but as an adult there's very little Nintendo has put out that I feel compelled to buy. Pokemon was definitely one of those things that I liked better as a kid than as an adult.

I think that's the thing about Nintendo though, they're mostly aimed at a younger crowd and their stuff tends to be very anime based with lots of rounded shapes and bright colors. There's nothing wrong with that, it just doesn't suit my tastes now and unfortunately it means that I outgrew their products.

Edited by Red Lion

I agree with the Nintendo thing. I would also add that Nintendo games overall were things I liked when I was much younger and most of the games that came out within the past decade or so stopped appealing to me once I was out of my teens. That's not to say Mario and the Legend of Zelda weren't good series with real entertainment value but as an adult there's very little Nintendo has put out that I find appealing. Pokemon was definitely one of those things that I liked better as a kid than as an adult.
I think that's the thing about Nintendo though, they're mostly aimed at a younger crowd and their stuff tends to be very anime based with lots of rounded shapes and bright colors. There's nothing wrong with that, it just doesn't suit my tastes now and unfortunately it means that I outgrew their products.

Don't tell Nintendo fanboys that their shit is for babies now. They'll shit their Isabelle diapers and make a gargantuan call out post on Tumblr while accusing you of playing Call of Duty. 

(Still like Nintendo. Just a jaded old school faggot who doesn't like seeing them struggle to stay on top ;n; )

• Like 2

1. Whilst it still relevant: Most new games and consoles are colossal piece of fecal matter with a whopping price tag stuck on it.
  2. MMOs are redundancy simulators. If you've done it once, be prepared to do it a thousand more times.
  3. American dialogue is an ever growing cancer in society.
  4. Nirvana sucks. Poison on the radio.
  5. Rap isn't music, it's cancer (See 3).
  6. Israel should just blow away the middle-east already.
  7. Bussinrais-senpai Putin is a god.
  8. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
  9. If it is broken, break it until it's fixed. Then watch it crumble.
  10. I find some accents hilarious and impossible to take seriously.
  11. Your soul is worth any wish.

Also, TF2 is trash.

Edited by Devious Malefactor

Hmm

Okay

- Doom was a pretty decent video game movie and I enjoy it
- I don't hate the Star Wars Prequels (But I do think they have some pretty fucking stupid moments)
- The Resident Evil movies might be bad, but I still think they're better written than the games, and Alice is a far more interesting character than any canon game character. I consider them guilty pleasures
- Black and red is a pretty terrible colour combination and I hate working with that palette
- Neon Genesis Evangelion was ridiculous and fake-deep as all hell. Usually I try to find something to enjoy in anything, but I couldn't find anything about that anime that I actually liked.
- Skyward Sword was pretty good, hardly the worst Zelda game by any means
- Getting drunk sucks, but drinking to get a buzz is pretty alright and helps me loosen up.
- They only sell Dr Pepper in a few specific locations in Australia, but I tried it once and it was garbage
- American chocolate is also garbage
- Pie is better than Cake
- Nightclubs are boring and have never been worth my time or money
- Sex is often less fulfilling than masturbation. Even when it's good sex
- Doctor Who went downhill after Christopher Eccleston stopped being the Doctor.
- Superman is literally the worst Superhero of all time. Batman is usually boring and his villains are the only reason to ever follow his movies or stories.

Rap isn't music, it's cancer 

that's actually quite a popular opinion. In that note, not all rap music sound like shit. Rap is pretty deep. Unless yer one of those popular rappers that just spout nonsense then no. 

Also, rnb doesn't get enough love. 

And FA is a great site. :V (ok, maybe not that great but it's the only furry site that supports music uploading so yeah)

• Like 2

that's actually quite a popular opinion. In that note, not all rap music sound like shit. Rap is pretty deep. Unless yer one of those popular rappers that just spout nonsense then no. 

Also, rnb doesn't get enough love. 

And FA is a great site. :V (ok, maybe not that great but it's the only furry site that supports music uploading so yeah)

Weasyl supports music as well tho

"This generation" has music that doesn't suck. Its just kids that say it does hasn't sifted through the crap they don't like. Its nothing to do with decades, they all had horseshit. The only thing that has changed is the profit labels make from mass consumerism and legislation.

• Like 1

This'll be fun.

1. Hollywood Undead have a lot of good songs (BUT half of them are utter garbage) [every word is a different song on this line] *
       * The further to the right, the better the song. Songs are ordered by album release and order.
  2. There's no such thing as "Talent", only natural aptitude for something. And that only gets you so far. Everyone who is amazing at something has worked their ass off to get there. They are not "Talented", they're "Skilled". There's a difference.
  3. Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 are horribly overrated. They're not bad, but they get RIDICULOUS praise. They may have been great when they came out but that was a LONG time ago.
  4. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, while not bad games, are seriously overrated and have one of the most obnoxious fanbases around (MOBAs excluded. Speaking of which...)
  5. MOBAs in general suck.
  6. Final Fantasy XIII and sequels were good games.
  7. Final Fantasy VII is overrated. It was good, but it was also released at the right time on the right console.
    It gets far more praise than it deserves.
  8. Dubstep is one of the worst styles of music around that is not a parody of other genres.
  9. Public Name & Shame is a good thing.
  10. Furries are our own worst enemy, and I think a lot of people in the fandom are given undue protection from the backlash they deserve.
  11. Shitposting isn't funny.
  12. People who use "Autism" as a joke need to be taught that that shit isn't acceptable.
  13. Also, using things like "Autism" as a joke is not acceptable.
  14. Anonymity is a serious detriment to the internet in my opinion.
    (No, I am not pro-censorship, I'm anti-"hiding behind anonymity to act like a cunt")
  15. Capitalism is absolutely fucking detrimental to progress, at this point in our history. It's time we moved to something that promotes growth rather than promoting the purposeful stifling of competition and production of budget products to turn the biggest profit possible.

I have a LOT more than this, but 15 is enough for now.

Edited by ChaosCalix

Getting my shitty human beliefs out there.

• Pro death penalty
  • Pro self euthanasia 
  • After a certain point, I have no patience for gender issues. As in, cisgendered: cool, Transgender: cool, gender nuetrel/agender : cool, but like.. bigender, or allgender, or shit that gets too snowflakey I don't take seriously. 
  • You can't expect society as it is to accept you as you are just because its popular on a website you visit. Intteracial marriage got legalized in 19fuckin'67- how am I supposed to tolerate "Oh, I dress like a boy, act like a boy, go by male pronouns, have a male name, keep facial hair, but I'm still actually a woman and you're a TERF or whatever" (This is mostly shit I see on tumblr)
  • There is a reason society was built on two binary sexes. While intersex is a thing, it isn't prevalent enough for society to account for it. Society is behind, sure, as it isn't inclusive, but to think negatively that humans evolved this way is childish
  • There are women who use feminism to treat men like shit, and I hate them. They literally didn't get the point
  • Talk shit, get hit
  • Obviously, I like violence as the answer
  • If a woman hits a man, the dude is okay to hit her back (i don't know why the hell this is unpopular)
  • I don't believe in having a safe space for literally everyone. Racists and bigots in general deserve to rot in the vestiges of society's outer circle, forgotten. 
  • It's better to be feared then respected

My mom once described me as machiavellian and mongolian. I thought it was funny as a kid, but as an adult I'm not very sure how to feel about it. 

Getting my shitty human beliefs out there.

-snip-

My mom once described me as machiavellian and mongolian. I thought it was funny as a kid, but as an adult I'm not very sure how to feel about it. 

Either you and I would get along wonderfully, or terribly. I can't quite decide. But there's a lot there I agree with.

Gender is kinda an artificial concept imo. The only good thing it even has is it eases transgenders ppl and allows them to more comfortably adapt to a society that would otherwise try to push them in the other direction. 

But gender roles are entirely worthless and a means to control people. 

• Like 1

1. Final Fantasy XIII and sequels were good games.
  2. Final Fantasy VII is overrated. It was good, but it was also released at the right time on the right console.
    It gets far more praise than it deserves.
  • I think Lightning returns is the best one out of em.
  • And definitely agree that FFVII was overrated, but I don't care. FFVII is my fave game just because it has Nanaki. Without him, FFIX would be my fave FF game. 
  • Nanaki is love. Nanaki is life.

While I try my best to empathise with people who are depressed or may be contemplating suicide (it is not an easy choice and I could never fully understand what drives people to do it), I still think it's kind of shitty to commit suicide in such a way where your death might financially or socially ruin your family.

Like the pilot who flew the plane into a mountain and took all passengers with him, or people who choose death by train, when they know all costs concerning the clean-up and the investigation are forced upon the relatives (and those costs are far from peanuts). It's one of those instances where I would call it a selfish suicide...

when they know all costs concerning the clean-up and the investigation are forced upon the relatives (and those costs are far from peanuts)

Actually, as someone who has had the thought many times, I can tell you that not everyone does know that. I didn't.

But I do agree with you.

Actually, as someone who has had the thought many times, I can tell you that not everyone does know that. I didn't.

But I do agree with you.

It might be different here then, but it's reported on the news from time to time and the costs towards the family are mentioned. As I said, I'm conflicted about it because I know it's not a snap-decision for the hell of it, but I wish more people would try to reach out to helplines before choosing that way to commit suicide.

Especially since it devastates the relatives in more ways that one..

The's kinda messed up that the costs are forced on the relatives...

It's like, oh your son just killed himself? We're going to milk every cent off you. Hope you feel better soon

Oh, dont get me wrong: it is. But they need to pay for it somehow and the train of thought apparently is that knowing about this will deter people, somehow? Which, I'm sorry, but if they are dead, then why the hell would they care about the aftermath?

In which nation(s)?

Belgium.  I just looked up some more info to be clear and apparently the insurance steps in for about 50-ish percent of the cases. Which means the other half is still stuck with around €15.000 to pay for everything. That's messed up..

Edited by Ansitru
Damn you autocorrect.

Self-harm is no worse than all of the other stupid shit we knowingly and willingly do to ourselves in the interest of numbing a problem (like smoking or getting plastered),
providing someone's not completely ignorant and goddamned lazy about it (and about taking care of the aftermath).

Edited by Vae
  • Like 1

I remember last time i gave my opinion, i wasnt allowed to go to school for a week

"asians live in asia, africans in africa, and everything lives in europe, i wish europe could be a continent for europeans" 

apparently people think poor people abroad are more important then poor people within the country... And everyone always asks me why i want to move out......

I remember last time i gave my opinion, i wasnt allowed to go to school for a week

"asians live in asia, africans in africa, and everything lives in europe, i wish europe could be a continent for europeans" 

apparently people think poor people abroad are more important then poor people within the country... And everyone always asks me why i want to move out......

if people live in Europe, does that not make them European? ;3

Either this statement is really racist,
or it makes absolutely no sense. (You claim everything lives in Europe, but then also complain about poor people abroad? ...What?)

Either way, I'm not surprised they kicked you out.