unpopular opinions

Joel

24 minutes ago, Hux said:

Pregnant women kinda gross me out. I heard that their bodies do all sorts of disgusting shit.

I heard they pee from their butts.

Well my parents always told me I came out of my mother's mouth. Also girls don't have dingalings as far as I know, so yea they always pee from their butts. Kinda disgusting when you think about it. I try to avoid girls.

2 hours ago, PurpleTail said:

Well my parents always told me I came out of my mother's mouth. Also girls don't have dingalings as far as I know, so yea they always pee from their butts. Kinda disgusting when you think about it. I try to avoid girls.

Uh, I was being facetious. I don't actually think women's bodies are disgusting, dude.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gamedog said:

You ever seen a vagina mid-birth?

I'm walking down the street on the way to the supermarket. Forgot to do a snack run earlier, the moon is high, and the street is almost empty save for the occasional passing car. The faint humming of cars is interspersed with a distant siren, someone somewhere shouts something and throws a bottle against the wall. It's garbage day tomorrow, and the piles of black bags in front of storefronts wall me into the sidewalk like a hallway, a barricade between the road and I. Two raccoons on a date are rummaging, and I'm looking at them when I hear a sound behind me from an alleyway

"psst, hey kid"

He's standing in the mouth of darkness, his pale face catching the moonlight. His eyes are deep and sallow, black rings evoking another of the evening's animals. His hair is short and wirey, died black haphazardly, weeks old roots coming in. He holds his jacket close to him, perhaps to imitate a trench-coat, or perhaps to repel some coldness that only he can feel, his worn jeans clinging grass stains so tightly to his skin

He takes a drag of his cigarette, fingers trembling and long wisps of smokey tendrils lacing their way upward, mixing with the night air. When he speaks it's shaking- cold- but he asks me with conviction:
"You ever seen a vagina mid-birth?"

• Like 13

8 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Biology is awesome, yes!

I didn't like the part where I had to dissect a frog and carve out its heart for a reason still incomprehensible for me even to date

Aside from that, elementary school biology classes were quite tame save for a few field trips to dig up some mud and lakeweed from a nearby beach

Edited by Snagged Cub
50 minutes later I noticed how autocorrect fucked up my wording
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

I didn't like the part where I had to dissect a frog and carve out its heart for a reason still incomprehensible for me even to date

Aside from that, elementary school biology classes were quite time save for a few field trips to dig up some mud and lakeweed from a nearby beach

I dissected a sheep heart once...

Alone.

It was awful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

I'm walking down the street on the way to the supermarket. Forgot to do a snack run earlier, the moon is high, and the street is almost empty save for the occasional passing car. The faint humming of cars is interspersed with a distant siren, someone somewhere shouts something and throws a bottle against the wall. It's garbage day tomorrow, and the piles of black bags in front of storefronts wall me into the sidewalk like a hallway, a barricade between the road and I. Two raccoons on a date are rummaging, and I'm looking at them when I hear a sound behind me from an alleyway

"psst, hey kid"

He's standing in the mouth of darkness, his pale face catching the moonlight. His eyes are deep and sallow, black rings evoking another of the evening's animals. His hair is short and wirey, died black haphazardly, weeks old roots coming in. He holds his jacket close to him, perhaps to imitate a trench-coat, or perhaps to repel some coldness that only he can feel, his worn jeans clinging grass stains so tightly to his skin

He takes a drag of his cigarette, fingers trembling and long wisps of smokey tendrils lacing their way upward, mixing with the night air. When he speaks it's shaking- cold- but he asks me with conviction:
"You ever seen a vagina mid-birth?"

Someone's taking a break from NaNoWriMo it seems....

18 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

Aside from that, elementary school biology classes were quite tame save for a few field trips to dig up some mud and lakeweed from a nearby beach

We did that with rats. The one I got was pregnant :c

Still, interesting stuff! Learning about dissection was enjoyable.

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Glowing Glass said:

The best part of biology class is dissecting something for the first time and half the class saying "Eeeewww".

Then there's that one weird kid that's sitting there quietly thinking "That's my fetish".

The best part of anatomy and physiology class is youre assigned to dissect something and half the group (in an optional...ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY class) say ewww and youre kind of just sitting there very enthusiastic and being the only one getting into the dissection...

So yes...

thats my fetish...

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

The voting age should be 21, drinking age should be 24, school should be year-round and compulsory to (approximately, based on increased grade levels) 21.

Drinking age should be from 14, for beer and other light drinks, 16-18 for spirits. School shouldn't interfere with people's lives to much. 99% don't have a clue for what they are voting anyway.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Everyone should have to walk at least a mile to school; buses should drop kids off not closer than one mile from their homes. (especially in the snow and rain)

Unless they're disabled, I guess?

Truancy might get pretty high.

Just now, Saxon said:

Unless they're disabled, I guess?

Truancy might get pretty high.

Hmmm...I guess I could be kind enough to consider disabilities!

I guess I'd also need to post truancy officers, with long whips about, now that you mention it.

But this would help greatly, in terms of improved health, and lowering obesity, which, in the US, is the key factor linked to so many poor health outcomes, from Heart Disease to Diabetes.

These kids will thank me later.

Just now, Fossa-Boy said:

Hmmm...I guess I could be kind enough to consider disabilities!

I guess I'd also need to post truancy officers, with long whips about, now that you mention it.

But this would help greatly, in terms of improved health, and lowering obesity, which, in the US, is the key factor linked to so many poor health outcomes, from Heart Disease to Diabetes.

These kids will thank me later.

Maybe as long as there is one lesson of sports and activities a day, that would be sufficient.

Just now, Saxon said:

Maybe as long as there is one lesson of sports and activities a day, that would be sufficient.

Hmmm...perhaps, though I hated gym with a passion, and organized sports. It was the only class I sometimes skipped. But I did love hiking, cross country skiing, canoeing, things like that. 

Well, I still want these kids walking to school: rain, snow, ice....get 'em out there, a mile each way, minimum! I will let them have shoes, though, so as not to be too Draconian.

On 1/2/2017 at 0:44 PM, Fossa-Boy said:

Everyone should have to walk at least a mile to school; buses should drop kids off not closer than one mile from their homes. (especially in the snow and rain)

Tulsa does this, and because it's in the city it leads to great risk to the children and heat related illness during the summer. It was horrible and dangerous to the children and prohibitively expensive for the parents who almost had to drop the child off or lend the car to them. Just awful.

Mandatory landscaping/gardening classes or the like would be better, help the community look nice too.

Or just, you know, doing something to help the kids be in shape. Nature walks to the local parks, or just anything.

(Remove any sodas from school?)

• Like 1

On 1/2/2017 at 1:44 PM, Fossa-Boy said:

In this rich mcmansion community the parents often drive their kids to the bus stop and park at the bus stop waiting for the bus to show up. Even though the furthest spot from the stop is no more than a half mile from the stop, if that. I know it can get cold during the winter but they do this during the warmer months too. In any case I had to walk to the bus stop in -10 degree weather and these spoiled over-helicopter-parented children need to learn respect. *waves cane*

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with anthro characters looking like they have skin. I don't get behind the mindset that all anthro characters need to have this thick coat of fur and never got the whole "if they were real they'd look awful with skin" argument. Well guess what? They're not real. They won't ever be real. :l
If *any* anthro character were real, it would probably be nightmare fuel no matter what so why even bother cherry picking? If you can make it look appealing on paper, I don't care if they have smooth skin, light peach fuzz, or thick fur. I missed the meeting where there was a definitive objective list as to what furries can and can't have. Just reminds me of obnoxious tryhard scalies crying about trivial crap like navels and hair on lizards. lol 
Not digging this attitude that they need to adhere to anything more strict of a furry template cooked up by nerds. y;

Besides it really does just boil down to what works with a specific style anyway.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

I don't have a problem with anthro characters looking like they have skin. I don't get behind the mindset that all anthro characters need to have this thick coat of fur and never got the whole "if they were real they'd look awful with skin" argument. Well guess what? They're not real. They won't ever be real. :l
If *any* anthro character were real, it would probably be nightmare fuel no matter what so why even bother cherry picking? If you can make it look appealing on paper, I don't care if they have smooth skin, light peach fuzz, or thick fur. I missed the meeting where there was a definitive objective list as to what furries can and can't have. Just reminds me of obnoxious tryhard scalies crying about trivial crap like navels and hair on lizards. lol 
Not digging this attitude that they need to adhere to anything more strict of a furry template cooked up by nerds. y;

Besides it really does just boil down to what works with a specific style anyway.

I prefer the skin like appearance, but whenever I draw they end up covered in fluff.

Imo I consider real furries to be fursuits, and fleece fursuits look pretty good.

• Like 1

Kids are fucking gross. And why the fuck are they always sticky?

Stop being sticky, you little brats. No, I don't want to watch you smear spaghetti on your face, faggot.

Fuck you. Who do you think you are, kids? This is America. This a first world country. Stop being kids and act like adults. How FUCKING dare you track snow in my house!!1!1!??.!?

*GRRRRRRR*

• Like 1

Just now, Hux said:

Kids are fucking gross. And why the fuck are they always sticky?

Stop being sticky, you little brats. No, I don't want to watch you smear spaghetti on your face, faggot.

Fuck you. Who do you think you are, kids? This is America. This a first world country. Stop being kids and act like adults. How FUCKING dare you track snow in my house!!1!1!??.!?

*GRRRRRRR*

When I did some work in a charity shop, I would immediately throw out kids' things, because they were always covered in god-knows-what.

23 minutes ago, Saxon said:

When I did some work in a charity shop, I would immediately throw out kids' things, because they were always covered in god-knows-what.

I don't blame you. You never know where their filthy little hands have been. I caught one smearing snot on the outside wall of my apartment.

Filthy, vile creatures.

I ain't your daddy, boy. Don't you look at me like that. Not my fault your mom's a slut and you don't know your dad.

I'm 2edgy4u, son.

Just ask me about all the edge.

I am a knife.

• Like 1

I hate CSS and wish there was an alternative to dealing with it. Things that should be common sense end up making me search Google for some weird ass workaround. There's also a ton of browser specific legacy properties to deal with.

I especially hate the need for media queries and "responsive" design ever since smart phones came along.

• Like 1