unpopular opinions

Joel

There's lots of shows about people who behave like 'real' folk. There's lots of shows about people who are much smarter, more devious, comically evil or powerful than 'real' folk.

So there's something for everyone really. I suppose it's just difficult finding what you like sometimes.

5 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

It is perfectly acceptable to punch Nazis.

Real Nazis, not just people who disagree with you. I'm tired of people throwing labels around.

The moment someone advocates for genocide, they deserve a fist in the face.

Aside from the fact that punching people isn't a good idea, I really don't think providing white supremacists with martyrs and fueling their persecution complex is going to help.

• Like 4

I hate that rape, torture and murder are condoned and encouraged in certain circumstances, even in first world nations. I'm sorry, but raping someone for "justice" is still rape, regardless of what that person did. It doesn't do anyone good other than provide a false sense of closure and to satisfy vengeance boners. It doesn't undo anything from the past.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I hate that rape, torture and murder are condoned and encouraged in certain circumstances, even in first world nations. I'm sorry, but raping someone for "justice" is still rape, regardless of what that person did. It doesn't do anyone good other than provide a false sense of closure and to satisfy vengeance boners. It doesn't undo anything from the past.

Holy shit. Who's saying rape is acceptable in first world countries? Did I miss a news story?

3 minutes ago, Hux said:

Holy shit. Who's saying rape is acceptable in first world countries? Did I miss a news story?

Nah, just miscellaneous comments on just about every news article concerning criminals.

"Huhuh a big black guy named Bubba is waiting to make them their bitch", etc. etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Socketosis said:

Nah, just miscellaneous comments on just about every news article concerning criminals.

Oh. You got me all excited. I thought revenge rape was the hot new thing kids were doing these days.

Someday... Someday...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

One of the things which most confuses me about the people who want prisons to be full of rape is that they seemingly don't care that the foulest rapists would be enjoying themselves the most.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

All I have to say is that people who encourage and commit such an act are nothing but repulsive scum.

32 minutes ago, Saxon said:

One of the things which most confuses me about the people who want prisons to be full of rape is that they seemingly don't care that the foulest rapists would be enjoying themselves the most.

Did you know that the term "rape culture" actually originated from prisons? It was originally meant to describe how vulnerable prisoners are raped willy nilly while staff and other inmates turn a blind eye.

I'm an expert on this subject.

36 minutes ago, Hux said:

Did you know that the term "rape culture" actually originated from prisons? It was originally meant to describe how vulnerable prisoners are raped willy nilly while staff and other inmates turn a blind eye.

I'm an expert on this subject.

Huh, well I suppose I learn something new everyday, no matter how morbid it may be.

18 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Huh, well I suppose I learn something new everyday, no matter how morbid it may be.

It's kinda sad how the term was coopted by feminists and that people today still don't give two shits about it. Even worse is that many people celebrate it and act as if a prisoner getting raped is somehow just.

• Like 1

i don't know how unpopular this even is, but since i see statements like this aallll the time: i think people who claim not to hate are full of baloney.  there are a few people i really wouldn't mind if they got hit by a bus.  i used to try to be the good guy and say i didn't hate anybody, hate is such a strong word, blah blah blah but now i realize that hate isn't anything magic or special, and it doesn't take up any energy.  i really don't get that one at all.  "i don't waste energy hating others"??  wat.  it certainly takes a lot less energy to hate some people than it does to try to find reasons to like and/or tolerate them.  that would be a real effort.  it's not like i'm sitting here letting it consume me, plotting their demise and building hate-shrines in my closet.  i just acknowledge that i can't stand these people, care nothing about them, don't like them, and go about my business.  at most i hope i don't have to run into them and take all of half a second to inwardly go "oh great" when i do.  yeah, big energy expense right there...  hate's not a strong word.  i hate honey butter.  i hate ant bites.  i hate cold weather.  i hate that stank-ass little bitch who works at the registers.  i hear a lot of "why waste effort hating somebody", but that makes no sense at all.  more like, why waste effort pretending you don't?

People who put sour cream in tacos should be publicly whipped to death

I hate Fuck bologna. Bologna is what the devil's butthole makes me eat. It is a piece of shit from hell. 

ONLY PRETENTIOUS YUPPIES EAT "ETHNIC" FOOD AND PEOPLE WHO UNIRONICALL SAY "ETHNIC FOOD" SHOULD BE KICKED IN THEIR MOTHERFUCKING THROATS.

These are wildly revolutionary ideals that can change the world.

2 hours ago, Hux said:

People who put sour cream in tacos should be publicly whipped to death

I hate Fuck bologna. Bologna is what the devil's butthole makes me eat. It is a piece of shit from hell. 

ONLY PRETENTIOUS YUPPIES EAT "ETHNIC" FOOD AND PEOPLE WHO UNIRONICALL SAY "ETHNIC FOOD" SHOULD BE KICKED IN THEIR MOTHERFUCKING THROATS.

These are wildly revolutionary ideals that can change the world.

I like ethnic food. Fight me, bitch.

9 hours ago, Hux said:

"Ethnic food"

Why don't you just call it brown people food? Is it because it would make you sound like an asshole?

4 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Asians aren't brown, dumbass.

3 hours ago, Hux said:

TIL "Ethnic" is apparently just a way for white people with too much money to say Asian.

Got it.

As an Asian furrend, you'd probably be better off instead of "Ethnic," call it what it actually is (ie Filipino, Indian, Chinese, etc).

Ethnic is a REALLY BROAD TERM that can be just about anything other than standard American/European staples tbh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hux said:

TIL "Ethnic" is apparently just a way for white people with too much money to say Asian.

Got it.

I just say black people and asian people, there is literally nothing racist about that

People who tiptoe around race words are trying too hard to be appropriate, but by doing so are making a big deal out of something.

People who say "African American" instead of black are weird to me, if you can say white calmly without any offense than saying black should feel the same

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

As an Asian furrend, you'd probably be better off instead of "Ethnic," call it what it actually is (ie Filipino, Indian, Chinese, etc).

Ethnic is a REALLY BROAD TERM that can be just about anything other than standard American/European staples tbh.

Thing is with "calling it what it is" a lot of Americans do not know by looking or dont bother asking what someone's descent is, and then they will erroneously use a term like "chinese" to refer to someone who isnt chinese

Good rule of thumb is to just call someone Asian if their ethnicity is of Asian descent like Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Thai, etc. instead of offending someone by calling them some uneducated catchall Asian race that they are not from and have totally different customs, cultures, beliefs, ideas, etc.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hux said:

I hate Fuck bologna. Bologna is what the devil's butthole makes me eat.

Huh, every so often I really crave a bologna sandwich on Wonder-bread, with ketchup. You should listen to the devil's butthole, Hux, for it is sometimes wise, in recommending such white trash classics. You know that sweet loaf is calling you.

*goes off to eat some leftover General Tso's chicken*

(which in this Chinese dish, invented in New York or Las Vegas)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Huh, every so often I really crave a bologna sandwich on Wonder-bread, with ketchup. You should listen to the devil's butthole, Hux, for it is sometimes wise, in recommending such white trash classics. You know that sweet loaf is calling you.

*goes off to eat some leftover General Tso's chicken*

(which in this Chinese dish, invented in New York or Las Vegas)

Eugh do you actually eat bologna with ketchup?!

Wonder bread is great though.

I heard that black people in the south eat pig's feet. Horrifying.

On another note, Vienna sausages are also gross. They always smell weird and their texture is like a tiny mutilated baby pecker. 

I'll stick to my good ol' American burgers and fries. European sissies can shit on our food as much as they want. At least we don't eat "blood sausage". Fuck you, Britain.

16 minutes ago, Hux said:

On another note, Vienna sausages are also gross. They always smell weird and their texture is like a tiny mutilated baby pecker. 

I'll stick to my good ol' American burgers and fries. European sissies can shit on our food as much as they want. At least we don't eat "blood sausage". Fuck you, Britain.

Yep, it's delicious! About half of the time, I have then with ketchup, half of the time with mustard, but never both. Generally, this is a food I eat only if I am really broke.

Vienna sausages look so scary, that I've never managed to come near them...pigs feet, never tried them, but its a southern thing, in general, more based on being poor, than anything, and using all the parts for something. Kinda like ham hocks, which are good for flavoring soups, black-eyed-peas, and such.

I will arrange to have some pig's feet shipped to you soon.

Edit:you can also buy chicken's feet, at many Asian markets:

asian-2.jpg

Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Yep, it's delicious! About half of the time, I have then with ketchup, half of the time with mustard, but never both. Generally, this is a food I eat only if I am really broke.

Vienna sausages look so scary, that I've never managed to come near them...pigs feet, never tried them, but its a southern thing, in general, more based on being poor, than anything, and using all the parts for something. Kinda like ham hocks, which are good for flavoring soups, black-eyed-peas, and such.

I will arrange to have some pig's feet shipped to you soon.

To each their own, I suppose. I have always hated bologna. I won't judge you too harshly so long as you confess your undying hatred of liver.

I'll mail you duros if your send me pig's feet. You don't want duros, buddy.

I guess that even today climate plays a massive role in culinary culture.

I learned to love spam because one of my friends growing up was half Hawaiian and his family always cooked spam. After many sleepovers, spam grew on me and I started to love it. Apparently spam is popular in Hawaii for some reason. Maybe shipping meat there is expensive. It's funny because I don't really like pork.

I grew up around rednecks and Mexicans so I was always surrounded by Cajun and Mexican food. There were also barbecues almost every other day.

God, I miss Texas. I moved to Ohio looking for work and the food is horrible. Absolutely horrible. I don't miss the heat or the rabid conservatism, but I do miss the friendly people and higher quality food.

Mmm Tejano food. You can't find it or good barbecue in Ohio. It's just not the same.

24 minutes ago, Hux said:

l sort of want wonder bread to come to the UK if only for the fancy bags it comes in, in exchange for kingsmill.

Blood sausage (locally called black pudding) is awesome.

Pig trotters along with spam are revloting though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Edit:you can also buy chicken's feet, at many Asian markets:

asian markets?  you get that shit at walmart around here.  i haven't found a good use for them yet, though; it's not like they're actually full of meat. 

23 hours ago, Gator said:

asian markets?  you get that shit at walmart around here.  i haven't found a good use for them yet, though; it's not like they're actually full of meat. 

for some reason the northern part of a nearby city has a ton of Chinese people living there... the local Kroger and other stores have a ton of ACTUAL chinese food, where there's not a lick of English on the packaging.

Also, I've found asian markets have some awesome food if you can read the labels, or at least figure out how to cook them.

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

for some reason the northern part of a nearby city has a ton of Chinese people living there... the local Kroger and other stores have a ton of ACTUAL chinese food, where there's not a lick of English on the packaging.

Also, I've found asian markets have some awesome food if you can read the labels, or at least figure out how to cook them.

send me asian market pls i like to find new food

On 2/6/2017 at 3:10 PM, Hux said:

Got it.

When I say ethnic food, I mean a variety of flavors, not specifically Asian. I like Indian food, Chinese food, Thai food, Mediterranean food, etc. Of course, good food that isn't from a chain restaurant is very hard to come by in Northeast Ohio, so any ethnic cuisine I enjoy is usually on trips.

I would kill for a decent sushi joint in northeast Ohio.

Obviously the word 'ethnic' in this context, and almost all other contexts, is a short hand for 'from an ethnicity other than my own/the dominant ethnicity where I live'.

One may as well simply read it as 'foreign', except that it also connotes some measure of authenticity. For example 'She wore foreign clothes' just means somebody wore clothes from a different place whereas 'She wore ethnic dress' implies that she is dressed in an authentic traditional way.

• Like 3

I'm gonna be reaaaaaaly honest............if there's one thing I hate......its how male stereotype usually assumes any that stronger empathy or sympathy of any sort should not be shown in order to look what they call "Manly" ..... I don't give that much of any shit about it except that it exists for whatever arbitrary reason......I still how no idea how such a thing came to existence......

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Pineapple on Pizza (like Hawaiian pizza) is apparently unpopular. But I love it.

I read where this was invented in Ontario. And to me, it's quite tasty, especially with Canadian Bacon (much like ham) or ham, but it's not something I'd want on pizza all the time, just once in a while.