unpopular opinions

Joel

5 hours ago, Gator said:

fc078b55aae1fe852d39f976afe318fc.jpg

Like...if this were a less serious comedy anime, it'd be less shitty. But it's like a mech/war anime or something. Also, it was super popular for some reason. I just watched it and was cringed by it's disturbingly bad character art and mid tier animation.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Code Geass has one of the most despicably atrocious character/art styles I have ever seen.

6 hours ago, Gator said:

>dissing CLAMP's glorious long-limbed art

xxxholic.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

And yes, the characters actually always look like Lanky Kong in the show with their weirdly, uncharacteristically elongated toothpick limbs. It's even more bizarre when you see it in motion.

Oh fuck someone's bashing a favorite anime of mine.

Okay, so Code Geass was made by Bandai/Sunrise, the same people who do Gundam. So, giant robots, angst, war, shit like that. However, for some reason they had Clamp, the studio that does nothing but romance and romance comedy and magical girl, and is run by a group of women, and caters to a female audience, do the actual art and animation. Think about that... a studio that does female oriented anime doing a war mech anime. And as battlechill noted, Clamp is notorious for drawing ALL their characters with skinny-as-fuck bodies and noodle arms. Like, to the point where it's become a meme now.

Besides the art I loved Geass because, first off, giant robots, but moreso because the main character is a evil genius that laughs like a madman while he crushes his enemies and overthrows the world. I can relate to that.

Tbh I don't really like Code Geass either, I just like its art (and most CLAMP things). Its one of the few anime I outright dropped.

If the whole show were like its highschool episodes it'd be much more fun. I think it emphasizes action too much. I get bored during the action scenes, which shouldn't be happening. I should probably finish it just because of how famous it is though (and since its getting a new season). It wasn't terrible. I remember really liking Suzaku's character. I like those pure do-gooder characters in shows.

Also its first OP is gr8

EDIT: Oh yeah, topic. I think Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is one of the best KH games in the series and deserves more love than it gets. Card mechanics help add some extra strategy to the game.

2 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Oh fuck someone's bashing a favorite anime of mine.

Okay, so Code Geass was made by Bandai/Sunrise, the same people who do Gundam. So, giant robots, angst, war, shit like that. However, for some reason they had Clamp, the studio that does nothing but romance and romance comedy and magical girl, and is run by a group of women, and caters to a female audience, do the actual art and animation. Think about that... a studio that does female oriented anime doing a war mech anime. And as battlechill noted, Clamp is notorious for drawing ALL their characters with skinny-as-fuck bodies and noodle arms. Like, to the point where it's become a meme now.

Besides the art I loved Geass because, first off, giant robots, but moreso because the main character is a evil genius that laughs like a madman while he crushes his enemies and overthrows the world. I can relate to that.

When you have these weirdly drawn people next to these admittedly amazing machine designs engaged in a serious plot, it just significantly takes away from the whole thing for me. I can't appreciate it visually (I don't really care for the characters either honestly).

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer the pro electron numbering system for discrete semiconductors rather then the US JEDEC one. Just because it's more discriptive.

For all I know my two BC108s (aka silicon cans) I have would be 2N something's over in the US. In fact the equivalent everyday transistor I see in diagrams on US sites is called 2N2222, this one even has a Wikipedia page for it it's that common.

On 19/03/2017 at 5:40 PM, Lopaw said:

Adobe premier > Final Cut Pro 

I always thought this was the general consensus anyway. I usually only see Final Cut Pro used by professional organisations (for TV shows and the like)

I've always just used Sony Vegas, personally :P

I don't think it's transphobic to say that men have penises and women have vaginas. I've recently been seeing people go into bitch fits about this, but it's mostly true. It's not transphobic to say that most of the population with female genitals identify as female and that most with male genitals identify as male. Trans people are a minority, and some people seem to forget about that.

• Like 1

Modernist works were entirely perfect and reasonable reactions to everything happening at the time, and I can't wait to see how modern works are treated in a few centuries. Same with postmodern works.

On top of that, modernist buildings and poems are amazing, and the only reason anybody hates them is because they know the building/poem could beat them up.

1 hour ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I don't think it's transphobic to say that men have penises and women have vaginas.

4.PNG.ee93f0661bd86a8821982ce5de2a0389.PNG

3.PNG.5809fe8205dc920a3e8c046560d95aaf.PNG

1 hour ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Trans people are a minority, and some people seem to forget about that.

1.thumb.PNG.8496a35d6411bdbdf440b251a0305b00.PNG

34 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

Modernist works were entirely perfect and reasonable reactions to everything happening at the time, and I can't wait to see how modern works are treated in a few centuries. Same with postmodern works.

On top of that, modernist buildings and poems are amazing, and the only reason anybody hates them is because they know the building/poem could beat them up.

4.PNG.ee93f0661bd86a8821982ce5de2a0389.PNG

3.PNG.5809fe8205dc920a3e8c046560d95aaf.PNG

1.thumb.PNG.8496a35d6411bdbdf440b251a0305b00.PNG

Are you saying I'm oppressing people somehow by saying most men have penises?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I don't think it's transphobic to say that men have penises and women have vaginas. I've recently been seeing people go into bitch fits about this, but it's mostly true. It's not transphobic to say that most of the population with female genitals identify as female and that most with male genitals identify as male. Trans people are a minority, and some people seem to forget about that.

Probably because that's a common phrasing and mindset used to invalidate transgenders?

I imagine some people are being oversensitive, but it's not surprising that phrasing like that is a volatile subject right now, even if the words aren't being used to directly shit on a trans person.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2017 at 8:54 PM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Now, I don't really disagree with anything you're saying, but i have a question.
If you know someone is a transgender, why would you tell them what sex has which genitals?
Bonus question: What do you gain?

Rarely does any sane person get mad at someone having an opinion, knowing a fact. It's sharing it that makes people angry. Always have a reason why. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Instead of saying, "men have penises, girls have vaginas".. you don't need to say that.  its really easy to do.

When reffering to a genital specific issue, instead of saying, "Men, when your penis is.." say, "People with penises, when your penis is.." 

Its a lot like saying we shouldnt have disability ramps because people in wheelchairs are a minority. It *is* transphobic and it *is* a crappy thing to do. 

21 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Instead of saying, "men have penises, girls have vaginas".. you don't need to say that.  its really easy to do.

When reffering to a genital specific issue, instead of saying, "Men, when your penis is.." say, "People with penises, when your penis is.." 

Its a lot like saying we shouldnt have disability ramps because people in wheelchairs are a minority. It *is* transphobic and it *is* a crappy thing to do. 

Additionally or alternatively, it's not that hard to start off with "Your penis" or "Your vagina" entirely, because the people who don't have the specific parts mentioned are going to know right out of the gate that the statement doesn't apply to them.

22 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I think it's more akin to saying "don't you hate it when your legs..." without taking into consideration that some people might not have legs.

I can see how it would make trans people feel excluded, but I also think it's unfair to fault somebody for offhandedly implying that men typically have penises when trans issues probably hardly ever come up in their day-to-day lives.

• Like 1

I'll gladly address people by their preferred pronouns, but it isn't always obvious and guessing wrongly can be problematic. Calling a masculine cis woman "Sir" or an effeminate cis man "Ma'am", for instance, can be worse than wrongly calling an overweight woman pregnant. If you want me to refer to you as a particular gender, then you should at least be upfront about it or look the part. This may require some effort on the part of the trans person, but I think it's only fair. I'm not a mind-reader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Death metal is one of the most underappreciated styles of music out there. High grade musicianship and songwriting overlooked because "all they do is growl".

I fail to understand how a major music genre with thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of fans is "underappreciated."
But sure why not.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2017 at 8:54 PM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I actually dont give a fuck because most people who say that arent really trying to oppress people its just common knowledge and mostly refers to the sex male and female.

It depends on context but if someone who looks too deeply into nuances of speech like general terms then theyre just being annoying

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_mw2yhx0OHf1roavl3.mp4

^

TL;DR

• Like 3

I think I vaguely remember this being said before, but I'll repeat it:

Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold (in particular) are two of the most overrated bands ever. About as generic as it gets! 0/10

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wax said:

I think I vaguely remember this being said before, but I'll repeat it:

Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold (in particular) are two of the most overrated bands ever. About as generic as it gets! 0/10

I think Korn is overrated, Slipknot is a better band in comparison, even though I don't really care for them, or nu metal in general, but that's just me.

You know those ultra-geeky custom lightsabers that people buy to swing around and pretend they're Jedi?

I actually think they look really cool.

.. Except I watched a couple YouTube clips and my recommendations exploded with endless videos of guys unboxing them in their bedrooms :c

• Like 3

Conventions got incredibly boring to me. Just a ton of overpriced stuff I can get online, people I don't care about, panels that don't interest me, and a whole host of stress and tedium. 

I can't really imagine doing it ever again unless my closest friends really beg me to tag along.

• Like 1

I always thought the Testarossa is a VERY ugly car. 

On 4/26/2017 at 11:54 AM, NerdyMunk said:

Chick Fil A has bad chicken.

It's low-mid tier to me. ChickeNow shits on it. If you ever for some reason go to a mall and you see that, try it. #1 crispy combo with everything on it. Shit's life changing.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 10:31 PM, Tsuujou said:

It's low-mid tier to me. ChickeNow shits on it. If you ever for some reason go to a mall and you see that, try it. #1 crispy combo with everything on it. Shit's life changing.

this

but also get the fries they're amazing

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 9:31 PM, Tsuujou said:

The closest one to me is over two hours away.

Ain't worried though -- I got Krispy Krunchy, Chester's, Raising Cane's, Southern Classic, and Chicken Express (and plenty more mom-and-pop shops) -- one of the perks of living near the Deep South.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

The closest one to me is over two hours away.

Ain't worried though -- I got Krispy Krunchy, Chester's, Raising Cane's, Southern Classic, and Chicken Express (and plenty more mom-and-pop shops) -- one of the perks of living near the Deep South.

All of those sound very very good for some reason.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

All of those sound very very good for some reason.

Probably because I mentioned "Deep South" which is fried food nirvana :v

The first two are the best IMO, though they come off as skeezy since they both exclusively franchise out of gas stations (like Hunt Brothers Pizza). Chester's, especially, is fucking insane. Their tenders are like, half a breast each, with amazing herb-spiced breading.

I shit you not, you order a three piece and it's like 2+lbs. For $6.

Krispy Krunchy has wonderful Cajun style tenders, though not as ridiculously meaty.

• Like 2