(Rant) Double Rant Special

Feelwell

Oh boy can I relate! Now it won't be easy, but you have to talk to them about this.

You can't let this go, you've got to nip it in the bud. No sense letting the situation go on getting worse. It's not good for you and it's not good for them. I know it can really be hard to have these kinds of talks but you'll thank yourself later and I'm sure they'll be happier after it's all said and done. Just sit them down, be polite and tell them: Mom, Dad  I want to see more healthy snacks and less junk food.

You can do this!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Oh boy can I relate! Now it won't be easy, but you have to talk to them about this.

You can't let this go, you've got to nip it in the bud. No sense letting the situation go on getting worse. It's not good for you and it's not good for them. I know it can really be hard to have these kinds of talks but you'll thank yourself later and I'm sure they'll be happier after it's all said and done. Just sit them down, be polite and tell them: Mom, Dad  I want to see more healthy snacks and less junk food.

You can do this!

I really thought you meant the other issue.

Anyway, I've mentioned it before. I've told them, especially when they've asked why. Their answer is it's purchased for others too  : / 

As for healthy snacks, I'm alright. I mainly eat a staple of bread, some cheese and a bit of meat, if I'm sticking to the norm. Just so I'm not hungry.

• Like 1

I feel your struggle on the first issue, except I'm not living with parents anymore so the problem is entirely my own lack of discipline. Living with a housemate who has far less concern for his own health means I am constantly bombarded by the sight of snack foods, and it becomes difficult to resist buying my own when I go for groceries.

As for the second issue, I was in a similar boat during High School, and eventually I had to realize that ultimately it doesn't need to change anything. If the constant shows of affection in public are an irritation, all you can really do is say so.

1 hour ago, FlynnCoyote said:

I feel your struggle on the first issue, except I'm not living with parents anymore so the problem is entirely my own lack of discipline. Living with a housemate who has far less concern for his own health means I am constantly bombarded by the sight of snack foods, and it becomes difficult to resist buying my own when I go for groceries.

As for the second issue, I was in a similar boat during High School, and eventually I had to realize that ultimately it doesn't need to change anything. If the constant shows of affection in public are an irritation, all you can really do is say so.

Well the thing is, we do most things together, being so close and knowing each other very well. Movies, games, talking, school work, etc.

While it'd be nice to just write them off and ignore them, hanging out with them is something I hugely look forward to, as I honestly don't have much to look forward to when I get up.

8 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I really thought you meant the other issue.

Yeah, I'm afraid there's not much advice I can think to give with regards to your friends. It's a touch-and-go sort of situation and all you can really do is try to keep this incident in mind. Things'll heal up eventually, but I 'be receptive to opportunities to spend time with them' is about all I can think of, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Hey I know how you feel. I understand where you're coming from, but don't you think its a bit wrong to refer to your mom as a 'Manburly Manly Man Goblin'? I know it was wrong of her to sell your skateboard, but I feel like it was an honest mistake. The board was over 10 years old. Rocket Power isn't relevent anymore. I think you need to talk to your mom about it and sort that shit out. Its not worth ruining a healthy relationship over, believe me.

What was this rant about again?

I can understand both predicaments Feelwell, except I only ever cave and can't resist, everyday at uni I say "I'm meant to be saving money" and end up spending money on junk.

It's kinda hard, yeah, I had 2 friends that did the same thing in high school, we were happy for them but at times it became uncomfortable, they're still together now actually and fortunately they kinda cooled it after they got used to each other, hopefully that happens for you.

A good solution would be to ask your parents to stop buying you food and instead let you have your share of the food budget so you can buy your food yourself. Ask to get a spot in the fridge, and a shelf in the cupboard. Buy some basic goods, spaghetti, pene rigate, rice, couscous and/or other carb sources you like. Put those in the cupboard. Then depending on what you fancy for the week buy some meat/eggs/fish/mushrooms/tofu and some fresh vegetables in a healthy portion.
Now every sunday ask to use the kitchen for an hour or two, and cook yourself up your main for the week (like if you're going for pene with fried mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, and tomato; cook everything but the pasta) and store in some tupperwares that you put in the fridge.

This way, every evening, when your family is getting ready for lunch, ask your parent who usually cooks to let you use a burner so you can boil your pasta/rice/anything else that you use as a side.
Then pour some of your tupperwared main on a plate of your side, and give it a quick microwave reheat.
And there you go, just go sit with your family at the table, use it as an opportunity to kindly bring the bread and water on the table as well to excuse yourself, and enjoy your nourishing and healthy meal that you like.

Huge benefit of that is that it'll train you for when you move out to study. Trust me this technique will save your life AND your wallet. Plus you'll be able to use the money you save to hang out at the bar with friends ^w^.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MuttButt said:

assert your dominance, pee on your friends when they start sucking face in the middle of a friendly to-do

Not a bad idea, but it may backfire, and make them even more frenzied...one never can gauge these things. :V

~

But I also had friends who once they started dating, just kinda drifted away...eventually, I just got used to it, even though it did make me feel lonely, in a lot of cases. But that's something I struggle with: feeling lonely and/or abandoned. Going back to childhood, I think, living in a very remote area, only child till 9, no neighbors with kids in walking distance...so I became both independent, but also, almost like a puppy, very much happy to get attention and affection.

I guess I'd look at this as something to learn from; and how friends drift away, pair off, and how you have to go on, differently, and on your own at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my opinion but it sounds like you are growing out of each other. The PDA(which i also find rather tasteless and in some cases disgusting, because it illustrates a certain desperation to shove their situation into a limelight and frankly i could give a punch bowl of turds about your puppy love) is just a symptom of such, as is the he said she said messenger routine. Hope you can work it out somehow. And another opinion ill venture is that you really didnt handle her attempt at apology too poorly, considering the cuntish manner in which she handled it later, with no allusion to what originallu was the root of the problem, which is their incessant lovey dovey shite. To boot , the fact that she automatically assumed your jealousy is the sign of a very immature and insecure individual, under whatever layers of competence you may think she possesses. Not only are you growing out of each other, but on top of it is a giant insecurity relationship bomb waiting to further sunder things when it explodes. Just my opinion, but ive watched it all before many times. Its uncomfortable sometimes to assert yourself in situations where parties to whom you are partial are concerned, but the alternative is to sit and grumble and do nothing while the situatoon becomes more unbearable and toxic, thus conflating the eventual conflict and making the odds of success much lower. Just be upfront and honest with them, and if they cant appreciate that, theyre pretty much stating that they dont give a fuck about your feelings nor do they respect you. Best of luck