Rant:SJWs try to put gender- neutral pronounces on Pets

Nova

So i was reading a news paper in tge morning and there was an article about some SJW  that says that a pet can be transgender and using a female or male name for a pet is animal abuse.

She stated"Only because a male cat has a dick doesnt mean that its male"

2.gif

Animals arent capable of being transgender  or else. They can feel  pain and love but never and never will identify as another gender.

Animals are smart but not that complex as humans.

Your pet literally could give no fucks what its called.

She/he/they/it/shitmonster

Even if a pet is "transgender" (containing traits typical of the opposite sex and behaving as the opposite sex), most animals dont have names or cultural attachments to the concept of their physical sex

People humanize their animals way too much, whether its someone upset you put a bow on a boy dog or some shrieking tumblrina who only uses dogself pronouns on their cat

• Like 10

Ha. I would say this kind of thing is way too ridiculous to be real, but I once saw someone insist that you should refer to random animals as "they" because referring to a squirrel, bird or rabbit as "it" is a form of depersonalization. 

The animal does not care what you call it. My dog has a proper name but I just call him "Pig" and it doesn't hurt his feelings. Usually he's just happy I'm talking to him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

I once saw someone insist that you should refer to random animals as "they" because referring to a squirrel, bird or rabbit as "it" is a form of depersonalization. 

Should've told them referring to them as "they" is a form of desingularisation

2 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

1489248482564.gif

and people wonder why trump won

Nah, we all know he "won" through massive voter suppression.

But relatedly, who still unironically uses "SJW" in the era 45? It's a meaningless word, a meme to bash any left-leaning, hell, any non-Nazi people. After you've seen what anti-"SJW" sentiment has done to society, you morons keep on racing to the bottom?

1) Not even an article link?  So we're just supposed to believe that this 'outrageous news paper article' isn't just something you made up to justify a thread?

2) On that note, a 'Newspaper'?  I'm sorry, but I'm unwilling to believe that any high school kid reads an actual newspaper.

• Like 2

I think this is an exaggeration...sure, a few people might feel this way, but I've never run across it, even working for a decade at a very liberal university, in a very liberal state. I doubt there's any pandemic of this line of thought, outside of a few blogs.

Animals, can, however, be inter-sexed, and thus, have both male and female reproductive organs, or ones that are ambiguous/not fully formed, just as sometimes happens in humans. Nature is quite diverse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

2) On that note, a 'Newspaper'?  I'm sorry, but I'm unwilling to believe that any high school kid reads an actual newspaper.

We uh, are literate, y'know?

And sometimes they're fun to browse, you don't necessarily have to obsessively read them.

Plus, a fair few class projects and assignments I've found require you to research into news, including, surprise surprise, newspapers.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

1) Not even an article link?  So we're just supposed to believe that this 'outrageous news paper article' isn't just something you made up to justify a thread?

Its an austrian newspaper and its differemt mDUH

Also quite trying to annoy and bully me with your answers, i am not falling for you bait

• Like 1

But the most interresting is that these twitter posts are from 2015 and 2016.

But from the date they would still count as new.

Seems like they wanted to make people aware of the sjw existence since we dont really have them in my town.

tweet-night-glo-11-29-15-just-a-friendly-reminder-that-u-2779358.png

same-oldloves-just-a-friendly-reminder-that-u-should-call-6696773.png

Does that look like i made that up. ;)

Seems like same old love reposted it.

5 hours ago, Nova said:

But the most interresting is that these twitter posts are from 2015 and 2016.

But from the date they would still count as new.

Seems like they wanted to make people aware of the sjw existence since we dont really have them in my town.

tweet-night-glo-11-29-15-just-a-friendly-reminder-that-u-2779358.png

same-oldloves-just-a-friendly-reminder-that-u-should-call-6696773.png

Does that look like i made that up. ;)

Seems like same old love reposted it.

Two seperate Twitter accounts posting word for word the exact same posts and follow ups?  Yeah, nothing at all suspect about that.

Look, I'm not saying that you're falling for trolling.  ...It's just that you are falling for trolling.

• Like 1

And its not just animals either

SJWs sure do like giving the impression that being offended by words (eg sexism, racism etc) is in any way comparable to starving children in Africa.

In truth, if you delivered food to starving children and quadrupled the amount of racist language in the history species, if wouldn't make them reconsider whether or not they should eat.

As @AshleyAshes said, I'm surprised that people care about somebody's dumb twitter post *in 2015* that only managed to get 5 retweets; they may even be joking.

Victor says 'and you wonder why Trump won', as if a silly tweet justifies electing a buffoon to the most powerful position in the world.
Victor probably doesn't realise he has offered a compelling explanation though; we are clearly idiots who care more about how angry tweets make us, than the wellbeing of other people, that is why people like Trump and Wilders are successful.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Two seperate Twitter accounts posting word for word the exact same posts and follow ups?  Yeah, nothing at all suspect about that.

Look, I'm not saying that you're falling for trolling.  ...It's just that you are falling for trolling.

This is honestly such a shoddy and hell of a misdirected response that it can pretty much be classified as trolling. OP is ranting about people who DO believe animals shouldn't be misgendered. Are we to assume people like that don't exist? Are we to believe the people retweeting those retweets were all t3h trollz out 2 get Nova? In California, we have a special brand of snowflakes who hold beliefs like this, and more often than not, they're a hybrid peta college kid mix. Hell, a short-lived ex of mine thought that she was meant to live with her parents all her life because "The Orca she watches on Seaworld's Orca-cam communicated with her telepathically and told her so". So the fact that you're sweeping OP's rant under the rug because its a topic that you want to think doesn't exist is..... weird? Maybe because its a rant from doesn't-always-make-sense-Nova, but still. 

And even then, I'm positive I've seen similar bizarre topics brought up in newspapers.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Snagged Cub said:

Animals don't care, why should we? 

The claims have already been revealed to be a joke, with the deliberate intent of riling people up, Snagged cub.

However, this did get me thinking; should we care about the pronouns we use for Animals?

This won't change any non-human animals' feelings, but it might change the way humans look at animals.
We tend to group animals with inanimate objects when we use 'it', and perhaps that tacitly encourages people to value animal life less, because 'it' connotes an implicit value judgement that the subject is just an object.
I mean...I think this is a bit obvious, because many pet owners show that they value their pets by saying 'he' or 'she' is my dog, rather than 'it' is my dog.

So maybe when we see wild animals, if we think to ourselves 'they are an eagle, they are a honey bee, they are a squirrel,' rather than 'it's an eagle, it's a honey bee, it's a squirrel' it would help to remind us that the animals we share our environment with are not merely pests or utilities, and that the world is theirs as much as ours.

That's just me though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Saxon said:

The claims have already been revealed to be a joke, with the deliberate intent of riling people up, Snagged cub.

What what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what

I swear y'all don't know how twitter works: When tweets his a certain "popularity point" some bot accounts legit either quote and retweet or just recreate the tweet elsewhere to try to pull in views for w/e purpose the bot was meant for; usually to spam people with YOUWONAFREEIPODNANO ect. You saw that the first tweet got 500+ retweets and likes with both tweet totals combined, what makes you doubt the legitimacy of thise likes and retweets? Hell, the 'timing' of repeats was even a year apart. People/bots do this on twitter

God you guys, stop discrediting someone cause your discount store Sherlock Holmes detective skillz makee you think you have a point. Especially when the topic of this thread is about THE PEOPLE WHO HOLD THESE BELIEFS. 

• Like 4

Fursonally, each nova thread is treasured by me and kept close to my heart.

Also, we should refer to pets purely by their species e.g. dog/dogbrain/dogself. The gender I too identify by is dog.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

What what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what

I swear y'all don't know how twitter works: When tweets his a certain "popularity point" some bot accounts legit either quote and retweet or just recreate the tweet elsewhere to try to pull in views for w/e purpose the bot was meant for; usually to spam people with YOUWONAFREEIPODNANO ect. You saw that the first tweet got 500+ retweets and likes with both tweet totals combined, what makes you doubt the legitimacy of thise likes and retweets? Hell, the 'timing' of repeats was even a year apart. People/bots do this on twitter

God you guys, stop discrediting someone cause your discount store Sherlock Holmes detective skillz makee you think you have a point. Especially when the topic of this thread is about THE PEOPLE WHO HOLD THESE BELIEFS. 

Yeah you might have a point.

I am skeptical though that anybody really does hold these beliefs, and that if they do they must be such an insignificantly tiny fraction that we can probably just ignore them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Yeah you might have a point.

I am skeptical though that anybody really does hold these beliefs, and that if they do they must be such an insignificantly tiny fraction that we can probably just ignore them.

All he's proving is that a troll post on Twitter can get lots of traction.  It doesn't make it less of a troll post.

This thread with people piling on to Nova's made up topic of outrage is proof that you can sucker people into outrage easily.

• Like 2

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

All he's proving is that a troll post on Twitter can get lots of traction.  It doesn't make it less of a troll post.

This thread with people piling on to Nova's made up topic of outrage is proof that you can sucker people into outrage easily.

Yeah I guess so, because even if the post is sincere, being remotely outraged about it is a disproportionate response.

I wish the same could be said for other astonishingly silly claims, like 'condoms cause HIV',  'Global warming is a Chinese hoax', or 'The west is destined for shariah law', but we live in a world where so many people believe those claims that they actually end up becoming big problems for the rest of us. :C

I've met enough batshit the fuck insane es jay dubya types to know that there are people, in fact, who probably believe assigning pronouns to your dog is oppression or some shit.

That being said, it's not worth the amount of time wasted to acknowledge the opinions or existence of those people.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I am deeply entertained by seeing Toshi white knight for Nova.

Its me just calling you out for being a cuntboy.

Small fraction or not, OP is ranting about something he saw. The fact that you wanna sideswipe the convo to something else cause its something that tickles your man titties the wrong way is your own issue.

Either or, Toshabi is an equal opportunity offender, cause I'm pretty sure I call Nova out often.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

However, this did get me thinking; should we care about the pronouns we use for Animals?

This won't change any non-human animals' feelings, but it might change the way humans look at animals.
We tend to group animals with inanimate objects when we use 'it', and perhaps that tacitly encourages people to value animal life less, because 'it' connotes an implicit value judgement that the subject is just an object.
I mean...I think this is a bit obvious, because many pet owners show that they value their pets by saying 'he' or 'she' is my dog, rather than 'it' is my dog.

So maybe when we see wild animals, if we think to ourselves 'they are an eagle, they are a honey bee, they are a squirrel,' rather than 'it's an eagle, it's a honey bee, it's a squirrel' it would help to remind us that the animals we share our environment with are not merely pests or utilities, and that the world is theirs as much as ours.

That's just me though.

My initial response I thought about was similar to your thought as I contemplated what does it matter to call an animal it, he, she or whatever but long before your remark, I already realized that the original tweet was an obsolete joke made by some random SJW, to which I apparently failed to refer to with my "why should we care? " comment 

And personally, I wholeheartedly support using the form "they" about a living being if it is used to deobjectify them or even when "they" form is used to refer humans. The whole gender based referencing is an artifact from the past that is no longer needed IMHO but still used because, well, habits, tradition and already established linguistic culture are difficult to change or root out. 

However, I am not using he or she about about a random wild animal not because it is discriminating towards the rights of the animal (as per the joke tweet) but because I cannot be bothered to risk my life and limb to check if an animal has a pair of balls nor can I be bothered with consulting the book of taxonomy to distinguish a male and a female animal from each other. Maybe I'll refer an animal by the gender as per established tradition if I am certain about the gender, like, if the animal was my pet (or a human 😅)  but like I said, I'd be more than welcome to adapt the non-gender specific referencing (which is already part of my native language) in the English language to other things than inanimate objects

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

There definitely are wack-a-doos out there that hold these type of views. But no, they are not a significant percent of the population. As far as I'm aware most of them are in the deep recesses of tumblr and have other crazily skewed world views. 

Though on the topic of animals being transgender, there are some animals who do experience hormonal deficiencies and intersex characteristics leading them to behave as the opposite gender. While it may not be the same for a bird as for a human it does seem to indicate that things like sex and gender are much more fluid, even for animals, than some would believe.

http://feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKChange.html
http://www.livescience.com/13514-sex-change-chicken-gertie-hen-bertie-cockerel.html

so while the bit about "misgendering" an animal is probably just more sjw politically motivated bullshit, animals do slide around the gender scale. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Revates said:

Also, we should refer to pets purely by their species e.g. dog/dogbrain/dogself. The gender I too identify by is dog.

Fuck you cishet my cat is a dogkin and only gets called dogself!

---

Regarding the troll tweet and its purpose mainly to rile people up

Ta-dah, it works! When people make joke tweets people take seriously it makes the ultra far right view all things like race, sexuality, and gender equality as garbage liberal trash on the far left end of crazy, thereby generalizing a movement and delegitimatizing it

5 minutes ago, willow said:

i know finding reasons to hate SJWs™ is somewhat of a pastime for these forums, but this isn't really a common thing so it seems pretty silly to get annoyed by it 

Anyway here's picture of a lioness with a mane IMG_0351.JPG

Also that's probably a boy lion please use he/they pronouns (u‿u✿)

1 hour ago, Revates said:

Also, we should refer to pets purely by their species e.g. dog/dogbrain/dogself. The gender I too identify by is gay dog.

ftfy

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Anytime someone mentions SJWs in any context, the whole forum should take a shot of Everclear.

Christ I misread that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Anytime someone mentions SJWs in any context, the whole forum should take a shot of Everclear.

Speaking as someone with an interest in keeping this forum alive, I suggest we consider a less lethal pass time. How about a nice game of Russian Roulette?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrGravitas said:

Speaking as someone with an interest in keeping this forum alive, I suggest we consider a less lethal pass time. How about a nice game of Russian Roulette?

Can the gun fire Russians instead of bullets?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willow said:

i know finding reasons to hate SJWs™ is somewhat of a pastime for these forums, but this isn't really a common thing so it seems pretty silly to get annoyed by it 

Anyway here's picture of a lioness with a mane IMG_0351.JPG

Thats not a lioness, thats obviously a cake.

2 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

What you need is some sysadmin roulette while ssh'd into the forum's host.

:v