QT Melon

BioWare is kinda universally boring to me. But the only BioWare game I would consider actually totally terrible is just Sonic Chronicles (that I know of). Even this one just seems mediocre at worst and alright at best, but aside from animation flubs, nothing offensively bad.

EDIT: This game is just ew. lol

• Like 1

I almost wanted to buy a PS4, Xboner or decent graphics card for this... I also avoided pretty much all spoilers until I heard that it's mediocre so I thought it happens after ME3 (well I guess it kind of does, technically) but since it's just a side story I guess I can easily just ignore it and maybe play it later when it's super cheap :P

On 3/27/2017 at 11:11 AM, Tsuujou said:

BioWare is kinda universally boring to me. But the only BioWare game I would consider actually totally terrible is just Sonic Chronicles (that I know of). Even this one just seems mediocre at worst and alright at best, but aside from animation flubs, nothing offensively bad.

EDIT: This game is just ew. lol

Ok I know the clips in this lack context but did they really drop you in an open world and say "don't interact with anyone and don't go exploring?"

Though on the last open world Bioware game I played (Dragon age Inquisition) I have to say the world felt kind of bogged down with tedious details. Like there was a shit ton of content all said and done, but only maybe 5% of it was interesting. Do I really wanna run around collecting a bunch of shards that only reveal themselves if I use this specific apparatus and then I gotta go crawl all around the map getting 4 or 5 at a time? No, no the fuck I don't. That's part of the issue too, you can't just pick something up half the time, it's always a process. Scan this thing, walk towards it pressing the "v" button until the game flags it as collectible, wait for the collecting animation to finish. It's needlessly tedious. Even just picking up a plant has an animation that shows your inquisitor squatting down to cut the thing. Props for trying to be immersive and all but that gets really annoying after about the 10th elfroot. And there was still a ton of unscalable cliffs, parts of the map that required you to leave, unlock the area and then come back and big patches of empty terrain with literally nothing in it. It wasn't terrible, but as far as open worlds go there wasn't really a hugely interactive environment and what was interactive didn't wow me since it was all only things relevant to quests or collections. I kind of expect Andromeda to be the same.  

On 2017-03-24 at 7:42 AM, Lucyfish said:

Andromeda is fucking fantastic so far.

I have not encountered any of the stuff people are complaining about. The facial animations are NOT that bad, (seriously, have you fuckers ever played a David Cage game? WORST facial animations in the world) and there's less bugs than in most AAA titles.

It's definitely WAAAAAAAAY fucking better than Mass Effect 3.

Also Vetra > Garrus

This is a meme

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Lion said:

Ok I know the clips in this lack context but did they really drop you in an open world and say "don't interact with anyone and don't go exploring?"

its the lack of context

At that part of the game is where you go to Aya the first time and the locals are not quite trusting of you. If you pull out your scanner they will pull out their guns and train em on you...and tell you to put it away (even when your character states its JUST a scanner)

• Like 1

I have to say it is funny when people get upset about how Mass Effects animation and glitches are posted about not playing the game, but they did the same to Final Fantasy XV, but most people in FFXV just found it funny and played anyways. There really wasn't much need to defend it, but even FFXV had some pretty big faults which were more story presentation, vs. looking scary.

6 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

So far the only "major" bug I have encountered is I walked into Drack's room, and there was just two of him standing in there for no reason.

I laughed for a good 2 minutes and then paid no mind to it. Bug hasn't repeated since.

Had something similar happen on Eos with Cora.  She died from something, I revived her, and come to later find her body with the revive symbol over it (with her alive self standing next to me).

Besides that I did get an email from the crew about a poker game including a character that I hadn't discovered yet.

Overall the game is getting a little better for me.  The dialogue is a bit better now that it is past the awkward introductions

I have it and I am enjoying it so far. It's average as far as most of the Bioware games, but it isn't as terrible as people make it out to be. It's definitely weaker than mass Effect 1, which also has a weak storyline in comparison. Definitely stronger than Mass Effect 3. My only issue is the Immersion breaking facial animations that make TES: 4 Oblivion's facial animations look like The Witcher in comparison. And the bugs, which I've only encountered a few annoying ones, but nothing that breaks or exploits the game.

I give it a "Normandy SR-1" out of 10.

10 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

So far the only "major" bug I have encountered is I walked into Drack's room, and there was just two of him standing in there for no reason.

I laughed for a good 2 minutes and then paid no mind to it. Bug hasn't repeated since.

Had that, too.

11 hours ago, Zeke said:

. My only issue is the Immersion breaking facial animations that make TES: 4 Oblivion's facial animations look like The Witcher in comparison.

C'mon now. I love The Elder Scrolls games, but there is no way Andromeda's animations (shitty thought they may be) are as stiff and fugly as the horror beasts from Oblivion. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Red Lion said:

C'mon now. I love The Elder Scrolls games, but there is no way Andromeda's animations (shitty thought they may be) are as stiff and fugly as the horror beasts from Oblivion. 

People's complaints about the animations are HIGHLY exaggerated. They aren't great, but they are nowhere near the travesty people make them out to be.

Context is important.
It's 2017. Not 2006.
Standards have changed and technology has advanced beyond this.

If the animations look bad and in some cases worse than Mass Effect 1, which came out 10 years ago,
you kind of need to reassess what the everloving fuck you're doing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lucyfish said:

People's complaints about the animations are HIGHLY exaggerated. They aren't great, but they are nowhere near the travesty people make them out to be.

No they're pretty bad. I mean, the thing is they didn't animate them, they just used algorithms, essentially letting the computer be the puppeteer. I don't get what's up with the character creator either.. I don't mean just the presets. It's weird that people will make one that looks decent in the creator, and then out comes out a nuclear potato.

1 hour ago, QT Melon said:

No they're pretty bad. I mean, the thing is they didn't animate them, they just used algorithms, essentially letting the computer be the puppeteer.

That can be alright if the developers aren't fucking retarded. Probably best restricted to facial animations though.

Faceposer_multiactors.jpg

6 hours ago, QT Melon said:

No they're pretty bad. I mean, the thing is they didn't animate them, they just used algorithms, essentially letting the computer be the puppeteer. I don't get what's up with the character creator either.. I don't mean just the presets. It's weird that people will make one that looks decent in the creator, and then out comes out a nuclear potato.

yeah, this was one of the flubs they actually owned up to. Setting the facial expression algorithm to low and it might be a few more patches down the road before it gets fixed.

Also the dragon age character creators are the same. make a good looking character in the thing and when you see your character in-game the mouth is always too wide or the face is a weird shape. 

I mean, my main issue with the old character creators was it was almost impossible to get Commander Shephard to really look all that different. He/she always had the same basic facial structure no matter what you changed. There's a lot more range with this game, I like it a lot.

15 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

its a problem...especially when its an animation glitch that affects gameplay...no one likes being stuck in the T-pose during mulitplayer which then means you cant move unless you jump around

also the double track glitch happened 3 times for me so far...oddly it happens the most in the kitchen...

8 hours ago, Deskai said:

its a problem...especially when its an animation glitch that affects gameplay...no one likes being stuck in the T-pose during mulitplayer which then means you cant move unless you jump around

also the double track glitch happened 3 times for me so far...oddly it happens the most in the kitchen...

That is not an animation error, it's a netcode-caused one.

I will admit, Andromeda's multiplayer netcode is ATROCIOUS. There's bugs out the ass with it because it can't make a proper client connection like, ever.

17 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

That is not an animation error, it's a netcode-caused one.

I will admit, Andromeda's multiplayer netcode is ATROCIOUS. There's bugs out the ass with it because it can't make a proper client connection like, ever.

No...its an animation glitch nothing netcode....

Two, the game's multiplayer is peer to peer so shitty games is due to shitty connection (that the game would boot the original host for another if they have better net) as I joined games that I end up the host at the end.

19 minutes ago, Deskai said:

No...its an animation glitch nothing netcode....

Two, the game's multiplayer is peer to peer so shitty games is due to shitty connection (that the game would boot the original host for another if they have better net) as I joined games that I end up the host at the end.

If it was an animation glitch it would be more common in the single player. As already been said, they use algorithms. The only reason the algorithm would be screwing up more in the multiplayer is because of the netcode being unable to make proper connections between clients.

Animation glitches have consistency, which these glitches don't have. They're pretty damn rare.

14 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

If it was an animation glitch it would be more common in the single player. As already been said, they use algorithms. The only reason the algorithm would be screwing up more in the multiplayer is because of the netcode being unable to make proper connections between clients.

Animation glitches have consistency, which these glitches don't have. They're pretty Yiff me rare.

At this point Fur'll have to tailume ya being a toon ostrich for a reason.....

Animations would be client side...not affected by net code itself. Its why games with servers have the extra job to compensate..

The fact ewe arf ignoring that these glitches occur quite a bit from multiple people taking and even showing videos of these glitches happening starting off with blaming it on folks installing the game wrong..

As Idola would as "try again, and no bs this time"

4 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

Earlier in this thread Fur mentioned the high job turnover rate in Bioware's office. One person also had an interesting twitter. At the end of it though, consumer wise, Fur can understand why people don't care if it's A/B/C team on it. It has Bioware's name which is under E A backing. Fur am confused though howl is it that the models ending up with hunchbacks?

9 hours ago, QT Melon said:

Earlier in this thread Fur mentioned the high job turnover rate in Bioware's office. One person also had an interesting twitter. At the end of it though, consumer wise, Fur can understand why people don't care if it's A/B/C team on it. It has Bioware's name which is under E A backing. Fur am confused though howl is it that the models ending up with hunchbacks?

this is true, as it stands it falls under owl of Bioware, cause really owl those subgroups arf still just Bioware instead of being considred sesperate groups (other than where they arf located). We still end up with the thing of: Even it was done by the "C" team...why didnt A or B at least had someone giving oversight or occasionally checking in on that group

while not a glitch, its interesting about the particle effect system as the system over time keeps on adding more and more snow and ice particles the longer you spin. The game also adds snow and ice particles if you land from a jump so doing that during a spin adds to that collection.

The thing is the game doesnt drop it as long as you are moving, thus explaining even though I'm just driving normally...I still had a huge amount of snow and ice particles being kicked up until I stopped completely.

in turn though...

boosting then going into the spin makes you either a beyblade or an F-zero racer

• Like 1

I'm not going to applaud fixes like this that were made after launch. They still released a buggy game and that first impression will never change. When I see games come out that launch and are big in scale and concept and have significantly less bugs than Andromeda, there's no excuse. 

3 hours ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

I'm not going to applaud fixes like this that were made after launch. They still released a buggy game and that first impression will never change. When I see games come out that launch and are big in scale and concept and have significantly less bugs than Andromeda, there's no excuse. 

I am not am not applauding them for basically making gamers pay 60 bucks for an early access game.

I would rather they fix it than leaving in the state it was in.

• Like 1

I mean, on the plus side, I guess this is a good example of what not to do for aspiring cg modelers,
with a fix comparison.

It's still ridiculous that they had to release a patch post-game just to make the models look tolerably human though.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Vae said:

I mean, on the plus side, I guess this is a good example of what not to do for aspiring cg modelers,
with a fix comparison.

It's still ridiculous that they had to release a patch post-game just to make the models look tolerably human though.

What is more puzzling is that apparently before the (day of release patch) the models were actually tolerable.

Like who thought that was a great idea?.

Ryder_Feat-e1490036463910.png

Another video showing changes, though Sara still looks idiotic.expression wise.Still silly duck lips animation going, but at least she's showing her face is tired xD (who the hell talks like that?)

6 hours ago, Deskai said:

Extra Credits talking about the Animation system Bioware does, they also bring up Witcher who also uses the same idea system...

That's a p good take on it.

Honestly, I get the vibe that this game was shuffled onto the market before it was actually ready and seeing how much of an improvement the patches have made kind of just confirms that a little more testing and a little more time would have gone a long way.

Still doesn't excuse EA for putting an unpolished product on the market and asking full price. But it's EA, money grubbing and mediocrity are just par for the course for that company and unfortunately they own Bioware. Look at Dragon age 2, another Bioware game that got pushed onto the market as fast as possible and cut a lot of corners. It suffered from lack luster animations, boring environments and a lack of depth. Then there's Mass Effect 3 where Bioware/EA cut content and then sold that content later as DLC. You can even make the argument that Dragon Age Inquisition, which is reasonably good overall, had important plot details and the actual resolution to the story locked behind a paywall in the form of the Trespasser DLC. Playing Trespasser actually felt like I had just paid to FINISH MY GAME. EA also has a tendency to shoe horn in multiplayer where it's not really needed.  

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 9:16 PM, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

What fucking game is that? ALL triple-A titles have bugs on release. ALL triple-A titles end up having patches after release to fix these bugs. It's better they fix them then to tell fans to fuck off. Andromeda is NOWHERE NEAR as buggy as any Bethesda title, and people who claim it is are just lying out their asses.

• Like 1