Playtonic gives JonTron the boot from Yooka-Laylee

Socketosis

6 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I've spoken with a few people who have experienced the route in light green. One Australian scientist I know is being allowed to work in the USA on the condition that he promises he won't try to stay there after his current work finishes.

Some scientists don't want US citizenship though, because they often routinely change their country of residence. Given that the US requires expatriates to pay taxes, this means that scientists, who have fairly small incomes to begin with, are sometimes expected to pay taxes towards 2 or more countries.

I've spoken with a French-Israeli scientist who said that if she was given citizenship to all of the countries she lives in, she would be expected to pay tax to the USA, France and Israel.

Yea, probably the easiest way to "immigrate" to the US (if one considers that first scenario immigration - that type of working visa is pretty common to my knowledge) is to have a PHD or be hired by Google. Universities and large corporations have devoted teams of immigration lawyers and lobbyists to ensure their candidates get cleared in some sane timeline (i.e. in less time than two or more years).

I'm gonna guess the "mass immigrants" that people appear to fear so much are not highly educated and skilled scientists and computer programmers, though.

12 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Sometimes I unfollow and refollow Sky since you can't follow someone multiple times at once.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/28/521805165/white-supremacist-charged-with-terrorism-over-murder-of-black-man

So, the thing about rhetoric that encourages the notion of inherent racial superiority, is that it does lead to harm. Now, I understand it is not jontron's intention for anyone to get hurt as a result of his ideals, but that doesn't change the fact that such ideologies that promote racial superiority do have a rich history of leading to lynch mobs and racially motivated crimes. Hopefully this is a given? 

His breed of racism actually leads to people getting hurt, ultimately. Believing an entire race of people to be inherently criminal, believing that your own race deserves its own ethnically-pure state like Japan (he used Japan as an actual example of a country with racial purity) - these beliefs do not lead down a path of racial tolerance.

• Like 2

Finally, there's likely a few people reading this thread who actually believe that the statement "rich black people commit as many crimes as poor whites" has merit, but do not wish to argue in support of it for whatever reason.

I've posted a few counter-arguments to one of the logical conclusions of this statement ("blacks are inherently prone to crime") already, but here's a counter-argument that's more thoroughly constructed, if anyone cares. It's a bit slow-going, so you'll need a bit of patience to get through the whole thing, but it's a pretty good dissection of the statement in question, in my opinion.

• Like 1

What if I just believe that poor people are genetically inferior and a disproportionate number of blacks are poor???

We don't need ethnic cleansing, but class cleansing, as it were.

That will allow me to kill an acceptable number of black people then without getting labeled a racist.

Phew thank goodness.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

What if I just believe that poor people are genetically inferior and a disproportionate number of blacks are poor???

We don't need ethnic cleansing, but class cleansing, as it were.

That will allow me to kill an acceptable number of black people then without getting labeled a racist.

Phew thank goodness.

well, i mean, isn't that what war functionally achieves?

what you're asking for here, i think, is world war 3 - should've voted for hillary!

Just now, kazooie said:

well, i mean, isn't that what war functionally achieves?

what you're asking for here, i think, is world war 3 - should've voted for hillary!

And risk bringing nuclear armageddon to my patriarchal paradise?

Leave it to liberals to act without considering the consequences of their behavior, smh, smh.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

I just thought Sky's tweet was funny.

Oh ok, I thought the essence of the joke you linked was "the notion that the statements that jontron was dropped for (white nationalism) could lead to the death of minorities is absurd", which was more what I was responding to. 

3 minutes ago, kazooie said:

Oh ok, I thought the essence of the joke you linked was "the notion that the statements that jontron was dropped for (white nationalism) could lead to the death of minorities is absurd", which was more what I was responding to. 

I thought it was more along the lines of 'imagine this silly scenario, it is pretty funny,' but I think your comment was relevant anyway because there are lots of people who don't see that celebrities normalising white nationalist talking points makes it easier for radicals to recruit people.

3 minutes ago, Vae said:

I think we're overthinking Pachi laughing at things on the internet.

If you haven't noticed, these two are very fond of thinking too far into things that are easily glimpsed at surface level.

Sapience is a curse.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vae said:

I think we're overthinking Pachi laughing at things on the internet.

vOv

The sentiment that jontron's statements were "just opinions and therefore inherently harmless" is pretty prolific. I'm arguing against that sentiment. As I said before, if I misunderstood 'patchi's reason for finding it funny, fair enough, but that doesn't actually undermine the validity of my core argument.

• Like 1

I think Pachi is a racist. If we look at every word in his sentence, he was talking about following and unfollowing. These are usually talking points by those willing to promote racial inequality. Obviously with the title of Gigafacer, he's also supporting racial superiority. We should be careful of any statements he makes, and perhaps further deconstruct any other sentences he posts on the internet, because it may cause irreparable social harm to our society.

Sigh, we've come so far as a society, but people like Pachi set us so far back too :<

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QT Melon said:

I think Pachi is a racist. If we look at every word in his sentence, he was talking about following and unfollowing. These are usually talking points by those willing to promote racial inequality. Obviously with the title of Gigafacer, he's also supporting racial superiority. We should be careful of any statements he makes, and perhaps further deconstruct any other sentences he posts on the internet, because it may cause irreparable social harm to our society.

Sigh, we've come so far as a society, but people like Pachi set us so far back too :<

lmao, where did patchi being racist come from, nowhere in this thread has that been implied. 

At this point in time: I believe Pachi, needs to post an explanation/apology video on youtube for further anaylsis. We may see more of his nefarious motives at play and may gain further insight to his incorrect assumptions and various policies that plague us in our progression into equality.

It's dangerous times for our society with access to internet. He retweeted something dangerous, and as they say "Sickness must be purged".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QT Melon said:

At this point in time,:I believe Pachi, needs to post an explanation/apology video on youtube for further anaylsis. We may see more of his nefarious motives at play and may gain further insight to his incorrect assumptions an various policies that plague us in our progression into equality.

It's dangerous times for our society with access to internet. He retweeted something dangerous, and as they say "Sickness must be purged".

Purge you say?

7bb7e4256223786c7f8a62b12a262323.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, QT Melon said:

At this point in time,:I believe Pachi, needs to post an explanation/apology video on youtube for further anaylsis. We may see more of his nefarious motives at play and may gain further insight to his incorrect assumptions an various policies that plague us in our progression into equality.

holy hell you kids are easy to trigger

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

giphy.gif

fake outrage in order to deflect meaningful conversation is all the rage on the internet these days, lmao

57 minutes ago, kazooie said:

I mean, that most likely is what he was saying. That's not why I posted it. I just always liked Sky's sense of humor which was, at this point, relevant to the topic here so I shared it. I gave my more serious statements on the overall issue already. Not really trying to get into the nuances of this whole thing really.

1 minute ago, Tsuujou said:

I mean, that most likely is what he was saying. That's not why I posted it. I just always liked Sky's sense of humor which was, at this point, relevant to the topic here so I shared it. I gave my more serious statements on the overall issue already. Not really trying to get into the nuances of this whole thing really.

fair nuff dude. and just for the reference, in no way was I trying to imply your position was racist, as much as other posters appear to want to believe, lmao

2 minutes ago, Zerig said:

clearly you havent been reading the thread

racist_pachi.png

Hmmm....

This obviously is a cause for concern, perhaps the moderators should remove him from posting. We can't have these dangerous opinions out for people to see. We should be more proactive in making sure that no one uses logical fallacies in this manner. Has anyone researched his tumblr or any other social sites to see if he's making further derogatory statements?  We may be a small forum, but every effort in this matters.

• Like 1

I personally am not going to buy my next nostalgia-pander game unless Pachi's in it,
and then cry out that his removal literally tanked the entire thing because I said so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kazooie said:

it is sort of impressive how quickly the thread devolved into memetastic autistic screeching the moment someone screamed "RACISM!!!"

Did you just.. call me... autistic???

FRIENDSHIP OVER; SHITLORD.

stalin-ussr-2500x3096-wallpaper-1652222.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kazooie said:

it is sort of impressive how quickly the thread devolved into memetastic autistic screeching the moment someone screamed "RACISM!!!"

one man's memetastic autistic screech is another man's goodpost

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

You guys are just spamming and derailing this thread now. ._.

Au contraire, you have been staining my beautiful thread with your villainous essay-writing and I have remained tolerant for too long.

• Like 1

Does anybody actually disagree with Kazooie's point, that celebrities who repeat white supremacist rhetoric on platforms like twitter contribute to a greater risk of real harmful behaviour in their followers, such as the recent spat of terror attacks and hoax bomb threats against people perceived to be refugees, Muslims, Jews and immigrants?

• Like 1

Actually I have been in topic. Save for one post. This thread covers a few things that are not only direct, but indirect.

The irony is that someone did exactly what was done to JonTron. Whether you want to validate his opinion or not is fine.

But sometimes people post one item that doesn't  need to be extrapolated or over analyzed.

JonTron had the good sense to duck out. The fallout afterwards was everyone else's own doing.

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Does anybody actually disagree with Kazooie's point, that celebrities who repeat white supremacist rhetoric on platforms like twitter contribute to a greater risk of real harmful behaviour in their followers, such as the recent spat of terror attacks and hoax bomb threats against people perceived to be refugees, Muslims, Jews and immigrants?

whats the point of being famous if you can't influence the youth to kill brown people

let them have their fun

5 minutes ago, QT Melon said:

Actually I have been in topic. Save for one post. This thread covers a few things that are not only direct, but indirect.

The irony is that someone did exactly what was done to JonTron. Whether you want to validate his opinion or not is fine.

But sometimes people post one item that doesn't  need to be extrapolated or over analyzed.

JonTron had the good sense to duck out. The fallout afterwards was everyone else's own doing.

I don't think this is a microcosm of what happened to JonTron.

Nobody accused XoPachi of being Racist- I don't think anybody even knows XoPachi's political beliefs, if indeed they have any.

By comparison JonTron is a racist. JonTron's comments are not being over-analysed; he openly explained his views on race in a livestream with Destiny.
JonTron is a celebrity so his racist rhetoric about the innate disposition blacks have to criminality, and his defense of the ideal of an ethnically homogeneous state, reached millions of people. So it's definitely worth criticising him.

• Like 1

Just now, Zerig said:

whats the point of being famous if you can't influence the youth to kill brown people

let them have their fun

ugh, jontron was hating on black people, not muslims. if we're gonna meme, lets at least keep the facts straight lol

• willow locked this topic