Feelwell

How about some positivity? A bit of the bright side, or some silver linings?

Post good things that happened today, or this week, or whenever! Something that made you happy, or comfortable, or brightened up a not-so-great day.

Starting off, I think I actually look pretty alright today.

• Like 3

Oh, wow! I found out I'm getting a staff recognition award for some work I did on a panel for helping users with disabilities (and the team I worked with), at the library...I'm a bit nervous! The President of the University will be there, as will the Dean of Libraries, and some other bigwigs. But it feels nice to be recognized, like this. At least we don't have to give speeches, or anything, just say a few words as we get the awards at this ceremony. And a check. Oh, and a free lunch, and also, to introduce a few helper and companion animals.

• Like 3

I spoke to my younger sister for the first time in awhile, today. She's 10, twelve years younger than I, and we never talk because Im always distant from her because of my devisiveness with my mother, and not wanting to start anything for me to get in trouble. It left this scar of me ignoring her for years, I often figured she disliked me because of it since she used to laugh and say mean things and 'I hate you' (At the time I rolled my eyes and didnt even care), but apparently in that way little kids do its always been the opposite.

So she texted me, I was wary at first expecting a guilt trip from my mother. Although it turned out my sister was actually indeed not a baby and could use a phone at age 10 to say she actually missed me, then she called me on the schoolbus (an obnoxiously loud Elementary school bus), and we had a small chat about my pets before needing to hang up.

I decided I'd text her why I was such a jerk and why I left our family, mainly one of the main issues it caused that might be confusing (I was always worried to speak to her directly because Im not sure what information or ideas they fed her to shoot down anything I had to say), but I tried to explain at a level she could understand, and asked her to delete those texts so mom wouldnt read, and she did.

I apologized for being a jerk and she apologized for being annoying, so...

Reconciling with shaky sibling relationships, not something that happens everyday...

• Like 7

Another year with The Company, another 'B' ranking on my annual performance evaluation! As nice as it would be to get an 'A', I'm told it's simply not possible in my current position which leaves B as the best I can expect. This ranking means my annual compensation adjustment will be a few percentages better than most of the team, though the other senior resource typically receives a B as well. Mmm, can't wait to see how much my bonus will be this year! 8D

• Like 2

I'm enjoying sitting back with a nice hot cup of tea on a cool autumn night after a long day. I'm feeling pretty accomplished after managing to get through a heap of assessment and glad I can relax.

• Like 2

i put something about this in the other thread too but idgaf it's just that damn good:

not feeling like TOTAL POOPY for the first time in idk how long.  aside from pains off and on as usual, the weather is nice and i got a good sleep at long last and i don't feel like my joints are made of rocks.  excluding the pains, i haven't felt like this in... years.  it's weird tbqfh but in a nice way

another thing that is good: I FINALLY GOT MY GODDAMN BANANA PUDDING HOT DAMN IT ONLY TOOK LIKE A YEAR???  IT HAPPENED THOUGH IT FINALLY HAPPENED BANANA PUDDING FOR ME YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 2

I have two.

First, I've been uploading fan fiction again and it's got a small following already =O. I'm honestly surprised because it's basically 85% "saga of a self-insert OC that no one's gonna give a shit about", which is the gist of all the fan fiction I write. It's slow and I expected no one to read it, and I still expect its current following to lose interest before things get good but we'll have to see.

Second is I ordered some super amazing shoes (actually I ordered 2 pairs of super amazing shoes, but 1 pair it turns out is made to order so I'll have to wait a long time for them) and they'll be with me tomorrow and I CAN'T WAIT

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

i got groceries after like a week of not being able to because sick.  now i just have to hope i have the will to do all this cooking that will be required of me so the food doesn't go bad.  if all goes well... reduced-carb baked goods.  and liver.

2 hours ago, Gator said:

reduced-carb baked goods.  and liver.

I could never easily cut out carbs. My diet is basically carb-central. In fact I'm just about to go and eat a big bowl of pasta.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wax said:

I could never easily cut out carbs. My diet is basically carb-central. In fact I'm just about to go and eat a big bowl of pasta.

i'm still searching for a worthy macaroni and cheese base.  even zoodles ain't good enough for my macaroni (though i've found them good for just about everything else).  might just have to go the way of breakfast cereal and cupcakes: "use sparingly". 

nobody can take my cocoa krispies away from me.  not even carb jesus.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gator said:

i'm still searching for a worthy macaroni and cheese base.  even zoodles ain't good enough for my macaroni (though i've found them good for just about everything else).  might just have to go the way of breakfast cereal and cupcakes: "use sparingly". 

nobody can take my cocoa krispies away from me.  not even carb jesus.

Zoodles and cocoa krispies rock.

• Like 1

Just talked to someone I barely knew or had anything in common with for over an hour. An honest-to-god conversation, out of thin air. I don't even feel like I fucked it up or anything - in fact, I enjoyed it. Probably doesn't sound like much to the lot of you, but that's seriously a big achievement for me.

What a great way to end a pretty terrible day.

• Like 3

On 2017-4-19 at 6:27 PM, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I spoke to my younger sister for the first time in awhile, today. She's 10, twelve years younger than I, and we never talk because Im always distant from her because of my devisiveness with my mother, and not wanting to start anything for me to get in trouble. It left this scar of me ignoring her for years, I often figured she disliked me because of it since she used to laugh and say mean things and 'I hate you' (At the time I rolled my eyes and didnt even care), but apparently in that way little kids do its always been the opposite.

So she texted me, I was wary at first expecting a guilt trip from my mother. Although it turned out my sister was actually indeed not a baby and could use a phone at age 10 to say she actually missed me, then she called me on the schoolbus (an obnoxiously loud Elementary school bus), and we had a small chat about my pets before needing to hang up.

I decided I'd text her why I was such a jerk and why I left our family, mainly one of the main issues it caused that might be confusing (I was always worried to speak to her directly because Im not sure what information or ideas they fed her to shoot down anything I had to say), but I tried to explain at a level she could understand, and asked her to delete those texts so mom wouldnt read, and she did.

I apologized for being a jerk and she apologized for being annoying, so...

Reconciling with shaky sibling relationships, not something that happens everyday...

I know it's been a while since this post, but I remember you telling me about your family a bit before, and I'm glad that you're trying to reconcile with one of them. I really do hope it turns out okay.

On my own hand, I've been going out a lot more than... well, I've ever had. Having friends I can hang out with outside of school and having plans and... having this sort of thing that I've wanted for quite some time.

• Like 1

Wow, after missing a lotta days at work earlier this year due to depression and related issues, I'm finally managing to build up some paid leave again, so I'm very happy.

I now have:

24 hours vacation leave

13 hours sick leave

8 hours personal leave

this is good, 'cause I wanna go back to Michigan, and see my folks, this July/August, and now, I'll be able to take 9 days (using the weekends, and a week off), and do it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today started out really nicely. What a beautiful day.

I have work this afternoon so I woke up and completed a few short, relaxing errands. During the drive, all the songs on the radio just sounded great. Interesting lyrics. Good vibe. All around nice.

I stopped off at my old apartment to say hi and feed my cats. Stopped by the front office for free water, coffee, and m and m chocolate cookies.

Went out to put up flyers at my local pet store. At one, there was a woman selling art prints, her mother painted them. Had a bit of a short conversation. So her mother spends months on a single painting, each are beautifully detailed environmental pieces, paintings of local community areas, landscapes, etc. The old woman was a teacher, helped special needs kids, and even painted a piece for the local equality center. The woman who was pretty bright and goofy ended up having a card reader so I nabbed a small print of a tree by the Arkansas river for $5. 

Went home again after I dropped the flyers off, since I had much more time before work to hang. Ended up cuddling the cats for about a good 30 minutes. Agave sitting on my chest and Aloe laying near my side. I feel like they totally understand in their own way that I've had to be gone a lot so it was nice taking that time to relax with them, playing a bit of music from my phone "Better days", "Yellow", "21 guns".

Probably going to head to work now, really looking forward to a productive day, no complications, not too boring. Just good enough to make more money and go home.

Yesterday I got one of the nicest complements ever from another employee. He's been there for 14+ years and can be a particular "hardass". Even after having worked for close to a year now, there's been constant thoughts running through my head that I'm one of (if not THE) slowest person on our team. But after being pulled aside and told how much of a good worker I am from him, that little gesture totally set me over the moon! What a softy. 😊

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw a turtle trying to cross the road, so I turned around and went back to go help it (not only did I not want it to get run over -- but hitting a turtle has the potential to give you a flat tire, so...).

As I was walking over to the turtle -- which had apparently frozen up and was just sitting on the double yellow with its head poking out -- another car pulled into the same parking lot, did a U-turn, and went back the way they came. I recognized it as a vehicle that had also passed the turtle a minute or so before, so I suspect they had the same idea as me...

• Like 3

I started working for my company on September 19th last year, and their policy says you aren't allowed paid vacation time until you've worked there at least a year. So, I'm taking my 2 weeks paid vacation in the first 2 weeks of October!

Also, I still have a bunch of stuff in Texas and will be moving as much of it as I can fit into my new apartment on the 13th! Yes, Friday the 13th is my move-in date. I filled out the rental application last weekend and was approved Tuesday with the added bonus of the security deposit being waived because I have a 4-year degree and good credit!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...