Text Towers: The Trump Megathread

Vae

This is your Trump megathread.
Keep all Donald Trump and Trump policy-related debates and discussions to this thread. Any new ones created (and a few prior existing ones) will be closed or merged with this thread.

DO NOT:

• Throw personal insults at other users in this thread, for their political beliefs or otherwise.
  • Air personal drama related to the users in conversation rather than the actual thread topic.
  • Shitpost in this thread.

Anyone who does will receive an automatic infrac.

• Like 3

honestly was waiting for something like this to happen. He's quite the spectacle. considering the fact I was in the process of making this earlier.

how does everyone feel about the MOAB we just dropped? 

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Heath Inspectors recently did a report on Trump's resort.

The violations included several that were categorized as high priority, which “could contribute directly to a foodborne illness or injury,”

ICK.

It is a members-only facility, “with those who pay the steep initiation fee suddenly gaining occasional proximity to the president and, at times, his Cabinet and senior staff,”

So it's basically one of those "donate enough and you can be in the same room as me" Kickstarter things that were all the rage a while back? :v

People will do anything for their celebrity culture, I suppose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vae said:

ICK.

So it's basically one of those "donate enough and you can be in the same room as me" Kickstarter things that were all the rage a while back? :v

People will do anything for their celebrity culture, I suppose.

The irony is that Trump's Mysophobic. While he complains about people double dipping at his resort and parties, his food may have been exposed to several bacteria that can give him a bad case of the squirts.

58 minutes ago, Aeon said:

honestly was waiting for something like this to happen. He's quite the spectacle. considering the fact I was in the process of making this earlier.

how does everyone feel about the MOAB we just dropped? 

Concerned, since it seems like America will do anything to end the Daesh. Even if it means civilians get caught in the crossfire. 

• Like 1

Trump's cabinet is so good

EnclcCY.png

Including:

*Rex Tillerson! Exxon Mobil CEO in the position of Secretary of State

*Steve Bannon! ex-EIC of Breitbart, a website which he himself described as "the platform for the alt-right".

*Scott Pruitt! Climate change denier as the head of the EPA

*Ben Carson! Chief jester, crafter of such timeless classics as "Where's my luggage?", "The belt buckle deflected the knife", and, of course "Grain storage pyramids!"

(Ben Carson was given the position of Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, which is probably one of the positions with the a more tangible impact on average americans)

• Like 5

On 14/04/2017 at 8:13 AM, Zeke said:

Concerned, since it seems like America will do anything to end the Daesh. Even if it means civilians get caught in the crossfire.

Civilians always end up in the crossfire. Pretty much every major war has had civilians end up in the crossfire.

I don't understand how anyone expects America to win this long term if they keep trying to tiptoe around causing collateral damage. The Daesh are going to hide behind civilians. They're cowards.

I'm not saying that going through the civilian population of these countries is the way to go. I'm saying I don't see a solution at all beyond total withdrawal. Why is the US even there again?

1 minute ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Civilians always end up in the crossfire. Pretty much every major war has had civilians end up in the crossfire.

I don't understand how anyone expects America to win this long term if they keep trying to tiptoe around causing collateral damage. The Daesh are going to hide behind civilians. They're cowards.

I'm not saying that going through the civilian population of these countries is the way to go. I'm saying I don't see a solution at all beyond total withdrawal. Why is the US even there again?

IDK. Saddam I think? Or was it oil?

Ah, yes, and one cannot forget: Mike "[Gay Marriage] Will Bring About Societal Collapse" Pence is vice president!

Oh man, but what has the administration done so far? The republicans control the house and senate, which would theoretically make it easy for them to force policy through, but the healthcare bill which would've doubled the number of uninsured individuals and massively increased costs for those making under $40k/yr (pensioners on $20k would've had to pay $20k in premiums, lmao), failed - not because it was terrible, but because it wasn't draconian enough for the Freedom Caucus. Didn't fuck the poors hard enough for those vampires.

They have managed to throw wrenches into the EPA, muzzle scientists, and allowed ISPs to sell citizen's metadata. Oh yeah, and they managed to draft a budget where they hope to axe NASA's climate study division and cut budgets of every government agency, some to record levels, for the sake of a 10% increase in military spending. And, of course, they plan to defund planned parenthood (sup Pence).

Trump himself managed to fail to pass two, count 'em, two muslim bans. Not only did the courts slam 'em, but even the department of homeland of security itself also disputed the executive orders! Daaang!

• Like 1

uvADRLQ.png

Completely irrelevant to his actual policy, but the staggering hypocrisy and constant stream of blatant lies that Trump and his administration has produced has been impressive. For reference, Trump spent multiple years on twitter slamming Obama for his golf vacations. 

Fun fact: He actually golfs in gold-plated golf carts at Mar-A-Lago (which he owns), and his trips there are slowly killing off the local economy due to the oppressive security requirements (there are properly secured, government owned golf courses which are far, far less costly and disruptive, but hey)

• Like 5

If anyone has ever tried talking to a die-hard supporter, you'll come to realize that they won't believe any of this. They think Obama golfed more, that Trump's 100 days were the best ever, and that their jobs are coming back. It's pretty much the Fox News crowd. They reject mainstream media as "fake news" and then obsess about whatever Alex Jones has to say. I wonder if they believe in the Reptilian menace. Alex should have David Icke on his show again. 

Anyway, no matter what Trump does, he'll always have some level of support. Even if he gives the nuclear codes to Putin. Some people are the alt-right "not a racist but miscgenation is bad" types, others are  the fox news evangelical voters. They've had this mindset for decades, and it won't change overnight.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Calemeyr said:

If anyone has ever tried talking to a die-hard supporter, you'll come to realize that they won't believe any of this. They think Obama golfed more, that Trump's 100 days were the best ever, and that their jobs are coming back. It's pretty much the Fox News crowd. They reject mainstream media as "fake news" and then obsess about whatever Alex Jones has to say. I wonder if they believe in the Reptilian menace. Alex should have David Icke on his show again. 

Anyway, no matter what Trump does, he'll always have some level of support. Even if he gives the nuclear codes to Putin. Some people are the alt-right "not a racist but miscgenation is bad" types, others are  the fox news evangelical voters. They've had this mindset for decades, and it won't change overnight.

What news-media one consumes can greatly change one's worldview, yeah. The person who only reads Fox, Infowars, Breitbart, and the_donald, will have a very skewed perspective on the world (I remember when Trump was first elected, Fox ran an opinion piece: "Where's Trump's Nobel Peace Prize?", lol)

A really interesting example is Sweden. A while ago, Sweden changed the way they collected data on reported rape - rather than grouping up statistics by report (so, one person reporting 10 instances over six months would have counted as *one* report), they began handling their analytics on a instance basis, rather than their previous report basis. This means that the 10 instances that counted as one report, now counts as ten - after this change in data gathering, the rate of *reported rapes* understandably skyrocketed.

However, specific media outlets, as well as a bunch of youtube pundits, either unintentionally or otherwise, overlooked this fact, and began correlating the spike in reported rapes with immigration and refugees, using it as a talking point. Headlines like "Sweden is now the rape capital of the world!" and such popped up, while, in reality, it was simply their data gathering methodology that had changed.

One has to be really careful to consume a wide variety of media, and try to check sources for extraordinary claims, in order to not fall into traps like this.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Honestly it's become almost funny to watch. Half of me is sitting here expecting him to have a heart attack due to a literal temper tantrum from never getting anything done. Am I a sick person?

Expecting? I'm HOPING that will happen!

Come on, myocardial infarction! You can do it!

• Like 1

Since I voted for him, I'm going to give him a year to see if I like what he does as president, but having been compromised (as expected), I've pretty much lost all hope in voting ever again, since presidents are just puppets in this powerful dynasty we call the US government. Having said that, I am not a blind supporter, and I will freely criticize his wrongdoings. I will say this though, I am glad he at least tried to get shit done right after he got sworn in, despite not being able to succeed; however, recent events make me question his integrity. He wasn't my first choice, but I wasn't voting Democrat, so I picked Trump. Do I regret it? A little bit, for now, maybe even for his entire presidency, depending on his actions for the next four-eight years. I probably don't share the same beliefs with everyone on here, but one thing I think we all can agree on is, the divide and conquer strategy of our system is absolutely disgusting.

1 minute ago, Lucyfish said:

People who base their political beliefs on what "party" a candidate is in need to just go away.

My point was, I didn't like what they had on the table. If the Democratic platform had more of my values, then I would have voted for one. Also, I voted independent, not Republican.

1 minute ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

My point was, I didn't like what they had on the table. If the Democratic platform had more of my values, then I would have voted for one. Also, I voted independent, not Republican.

I'm just pretty sick of people who are like "I'll never vote x or y" like the two words "Republican" and "Democrat" actually mean any goddamned thing. Political parties are literally the worst thing for our government.

Let's face it, you Americans need more than two parties to choose between.

We could use a few more viable options in the UK, goodness knows all our politicians are crap, venal and stupid too, but at least here we have some leeway.

...I have the sudden urge to start running a book on when Boris Johnson will trigger his first international incident.

13 hours ago, george99g said:

You really want Pence to be the next president, huh?

Not really. For him I'm hoping he'll mistake indigestion for the Rapture and run out into the street naked where he can be apprehended by mental health inspectors and safely locked up.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter who you elect, big business and other private interests make the decisions that matter.

Guess who controls the money supply and some other critical financial matters? In most countries like the UK, Australia and USA it is the privately owned and operated central bank, NOT the government.

Might as well elect a dog, at least it would be more honest.

37 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Guess who controls the money supply and some other critical financial matters? In most countries like the UK, Australia and USA it is the privately owned and operated central bank, NOT the government.

That's not entirely true; the UK government controls the Treasury, which works in conjunction with the Bank of England to regulate financial matters. The banks do have a lot of financial control over certain things, i.e. base lending rates, mortgages, who can have a loan etc but it is not entirely without governmental oversight.

Not that the banks don't receive ridiculous preferential treatment at times. I'm personally wishing they'd implement the 'maximum salary' law that has been much vaunted of late, but I know that even if they do there will almost certainly be some work-around for the obscenely wealthy because guess who writes and passes laws?

...yeah.

39 minutes ago, Faust said:

That's not entirely true; the UK government controls the Treasury, which works in conjunction with the Bank of England to regulate financial matters. The banks do have a lot of financial control over certain things, i.e. base lending rates, mortgages, who can have a loan etc but it is not entirely without governmental oversight.

Not that the banks don't receive ridiculous preferential treatment at times. I'm personally wishing they'd implement the 'maximum salary' law that has been much vaunted of late, but I know that even if they do there will almost certainly be some work-around for the obscenely wealthy because guess who writes and passes laws?

...yeah.

Alright, perhaps the BoE works with the UK government on some things rather than just dictating all the terms.

The UK also has the City of London with their own representative (not elected by the people) in UK parliament too.

41 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

The UK also has the City of London with their own representative (not elected by the people) in UK parliament too.

We don't elect the House of Lords either, as the titles are hereditary, and I'm none too fond of that but in all fairness they've sometimes proved a useful foil to parliaments more outlandish excesses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

Books will be fucking illegal in my glorious empire

Go stare at a tree for five hours and you will find all the knowledge you seek, my child

Your glorious empire will never exist because hippies don't believe in guns.

pwned 4ever lmao

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

Some of you need to read a fucking book lmao

Anyone can write a book these days and not all of them are reliable.

What most people need is to employ a bit of critical thinking to what they read, hear or see.

1 minute ago, Faust said:

Anyone can write a book these days and not all of them are reliable.

What most people need is to employ a bit of critical thinking to what they read, hear or see.

Critical thinking, in this day and age?

It is perhaps quite ironic that in this so-called information age the average person still has the critical thinking ability of a 17th century peasant, perhaps even worse given how the system evolved. What's more, education in pretty much any country is designed specifically to mold the vast majority into unthinking drones trained for a particular field.

I've learned the hard way that 99% of people simply don't want to know how their society works and the interactions between the various components of our global socioeconomic system and the wider world.

It doesn't matter what evidence, facts, logic, statistics or other hard data you present.

You can provide statistics by authoritative sources such as the IMF, World Bank, Government stats, etc.

You can provide statistics by more independent sources that have done their own research.

Most. Don't. Want. To. Know. Regardless.

• Like 2

In Soviet England Trump is a slang term for fart. You have a fart in the oval office America. Now while the progressives are naturally offended by the smell i doubt he's going to follow through and cover the world in shit.

Well that's my contribution to this thread. Bye.

...Actually, place your bets. One term or two? I for one would be happy to see the god emperor reign supreme for 8 years.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 1:37 AM, WileyWarWeasel said:

Critical thinking, in this day and age?

It is perhaps quite ironic that in this so-called information age the average person still has the critical thinking ability of a 17th century peasant, perhaps even worse given how the system evolved. What's more, education in pretty much any country is designed specifically to mold the vast majority into unthinking drones trained for a particular field.

I've learned the hard way that 99% of people simply don't want to know how their society works and the interactions between the various components of our global socioeconomic system and the wider world.

It doesn't matter what evidence, facts, logic, statistics or other hard data you present.

You can provide statistics by authoritative sources such as the IMF, World Bank, Government stats, etc.

You can provide statistics by more independent sources that have done their own research.

Most. Don't. Want. To. Know. Regardless.

Representative democracy fails when the voters are too dumb to realize they're supporting people who don't actually represent them in the slightest, ans have no intention of doing so either.

But as long as the people in power dangle single-issue keys like abortion, gay/interracial marriage, guns, brown people existing in some tangible form, and Christian oppression, these (typically rural) voters will eat it up and continue to support these charlatans. And then they lose their jobs to automation, not illegal immigrants. They want coal jobs back and don't want to spend the effort to train themselves for new jobs.

It's entitlement. The white man is supposed to be middle class and above, not poor like those lazy brown people.

And that's why Trump won. People were worried the American way was dying, and that was part of the big picture as to why life was tougher for them. All that "globalism" and those "illegals" taking their jobs and liberal, atheist, arugula-eating elites with their facts and science just don't understand real, God-fearing Americans. Some may have been moderates who were desperate, but the 36% or so of people who still support Trump are morons. And in some cases, possibly the same type of people who, in a less civilized, more lawless society, would be fighting for a group like ISIS right now. And they all voted for dozens of Russian puppets. The GOP is filled with them now.

And Democrats were too spineless to stop it, worrying about purity tests instead of real change.

It sucks, but that's where we stand right now. Hopefully Comey drops a bombshell, but this Congress might be so traitorous that it might not impeach Trump even if he was found sending classified military intel to the Kremlin. If he was caught perjuring, they'd ignore it.

So in short, as George Carlin once said: Just think about how stupid the average American is, and realize half of them are even dumber than that!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Calemeyr said:

Representative democracy fails when the voters are too dumb to realize they're supporting people who don't actually represent them in the slightest, ans have no intention of doing so either.

I've found that democracy does serve a useful function (for the elite) in that it provides the majority of people the feeling of having a choice. Doesn't help the average person when all they're voting for is who will get to dig into the trough.

But as long as the people in power dangle single-issue keys like abortion, gay/interracial marriage, guns, brown people existing in some tangible form, and Christian oppression, these (typically rural) voters will eat it up and continue to support these charlatans. And then they lose their jobs to automation, not illegal immigrants. They want coal jobs back and don't want to spend the effort to train themselves for new jobs.

It's entitlement. The white man is supposed to be middle class and above, not poor like those lazy brown people.

There's also the fact that manufacturing and similar jobs in China pay as low as $1 an hour (and they're trying to automate those because THAT'S too expensive). There's no way that Trump or anyone else will "bring back" well-paying jobs in any significant quantities.

Education is no longer the guarantee of receiving a well-paying job that it used to be. About 40% of university/college graduates in the USA are working in jobs that don't require it, and they didn't all go for gender studies or something useless like that.

Here in Australia a lower percentage of uni graduates are able to receive a job straight out of university year on year for quite a few years now.

And that's why Trump won. People were worried the American way was dying, and that was part of the big picture as to why life was tougher for them. All that "globalism" and those "illegals" taking their jobs and liberal, atheist, arugula-eating elites with their facts and science just don't understand real, God-fearing Americans. Some may have been moderates who were desperate, but the 36% or so of people who still support Trump are morons. And in some cases, possibly the same type of people who, in a less civilized, more lawless society, would be fighting for a group like ISIS right now.

USA along with modern civilization is declining due to a variety of reasons, some which can partially fixed and some which cannot even be mitigated.

Civilization is charting the same course as yeast in a jar. Right now we're at the stage where resources are not so much becoming scarce as they are becoming too expensive to extract, the waste products of civilization are piling up too much for itself and the ecological system to handle and the effects on the ecological system itself are now too big to ignore.

Unfortunately civilization requires continual growth to offset diminishing returns and increasing systemic costs; in a finite world that obviously cannot go on forever. Don't expect to expand into space either: as high as extraction costs are now on Earth they are far, far worse in space.

The only remotely sustainable society is that of the hunter-gatherer, and even they caused the extinction of some mega fauna.

And they all voted for dozens of Russian puppets. The GOP is filled with them now.

I've only seen evidence of a few government officials communicating with Russians, and trying to hide their communication due to the anti-Russian hysteria being engineered at the moment.

Russian and USA business and government officials have communicated in the past you know and the two countries even *gasp* trade with each other! For example, USA is still using Russian rocket engines to put civilian and military satellites into space. This trade started before Trump even got into office! :o

And Democrats were too spineless to stop it, worrying about purity tests instead of real change.

It sucks, but that's where we stand right now. Hopefully Comey drops a bombshell, but this Congress might be so traitorous that it might not impeach Trump even if he was found sending classified military intel to the Kremlin. If he was caught perjuring, they'd ignore it.

So in short, as George Carlin once said: Just think about how stupid the average American is, and realize half of them are even dumber than that!

As long as Trump doesn't piss off anyone with real power (eg Federal Reserve) and does what his corporate associates want he seems to have free run of his office.

Unfortunately it is not just stupidity but willful ignorance and delusion that is at play. Most average people and possibly some in the elite appear to think that political or societal change is all you need to prosper.

Unfortunately there is just simply nowhere else left to expand (at least where resources are viable to extract). USA and other countries have all but filled the global jar and are drowning in their own waste products, so to speak.

Rather than posting graphs and stats I'll provide a visual representation of the significant roads in the USA:

US_roads.jpg

The technological cancer is getting a bit stifled.

• Like 3

As he toured facilities for the poor in Ohio last week, Mr. Carson, the neurosurgeon-turned-housing secretary, joked that a relatively well-appointed apartment complex for veterans lacked “only pool tables.” He inquired at one stop whether animals were allowed. At yet another, he nodded, plainly happy, as officials explained how they had stacked dozens of bunk beds inside a homeless shelter and purposefully did not provide televisions.

Compassion, Mr. Carson explained in an interview, means not giving people “a comfortable setting that would make somebody want to say: ‘I’ll just stay here. They will take care of me.’”

god bless ben carson

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, Trump just pulled us out of the Paris treaty.

That and with him giving a fat middle finger to our allies and NATO, I wonder how long it takes him to alienate the entire country. Let's go at it alone, he says, even the war on terror, no matter how much it costs us in deficits and debt.

It just make me wonder if the next president, if it's 4 years from now, (zod forbid) 8 years, or less than that, can fix any damage he might do to our country, treaties, and alliances.

Trump is much like his supporters: moronic manchildren who want 1950s jobs to return. They blame illegals, China, and brown people for them losing their jobs to automation, and they vote for the people who expedite automation because the GOP dangles the JESUS! keys in front of them.

The main reason people support Trump now is racism and """"Christian"""" morals.

Anyway, somebody spike Trump's food with a bunch of sugar to put him in diabetic shock.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

That and with him giving a fat middle finger to our allies and NATO, I wonder how long it takes him to alienate the entire country. Let's go at it alone, he says, even the war on terror, no matter how much it costs us in deficits and debt.

It just make me wonder if the next president, if it's 4 years from now, (zod forbid) 8 years, or less than that, can fix any damage he might do to our country, treaties, and alliances.

The next one will probably need about 2 terms to fix the aftermath and rebuild bridges. It also depends on the president's political affiliation and ideals.

What lessened the burden with the war on terror is that we had other countries providing aide and sharing intel with the US in order to combat the Daesh since the whole world wants to see ISIS burn in a hole.

18 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

If it's any consolation the Paris Treaty is non-binding anyway (ie countries don't have to actually do anything apart from report figures).

55 minutes ago, Zeke said:

What lessened the burden with the war on terror is that we had other countries providing aide and sharing intel with the US in order to combat the Daesh since the whole world wants to see ISIS burn in a hole.

Except for USA's allies Turkey and Saudi Arabia ^__^

• Like 1