Yooo! 🎃

So I found this forum suggested somewhere through a google search, so I thought I'd give it a try since the last time I was part of a furry forum it turned out to be a pretty toxic environment.

The name's Mortimus, though you can call me Mort, Morty, or any variation thereof. I'm an agender trans guy (he/they pronouns) who likes monsters, sharp teeth, and pointy claws. I'm 26 and currently located in CT with my two partners ReignofAndy and Necronerdlord! My fursona is a dumb bull terrier. I'm new to the forum, but not new to the fandom by any means... I've been a furry for going on 10 years now... RIP. I also draw sometimes, but work has been killing me so I haven't been doing it as much lately.

ANYWAY, if you've got any questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise I'm sure you'll see me lurking.

15 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

Welcome to the forums, Mortimus! I'm a fan of sharp teeth and claws myself, love the avatar! And really nice art too, gonna have to give you watch.

The environment and folks here are friendly enough, I'm sure you'll fit in fine!

Thanks! I certainly hope so! And thanks a lot for the watch! Hopefully I'll post something worth watching for soon... Haha.

Just now, Lemon said:

Hellooo and welcome! I love your art!! :D 

Thanks so much!

8 minutes ago, george99g said:

What's your definition of toxic, actually? Who would you consider a toxic person?

Welcome, by the way!

Well, the environment was toxic because people would do something, say, transphobic, and when I would point it out, not even argumentatively, I was being told I was too aggressive or that I needed to get thicker skin essentially by the majority of the people on the forum. Moderators would also side with the whole 'everyone is entitled to their own opinion' which is a bullshit way dismissing the issue. So yeah. A not very fun, toxic environment where sticking up for a minority earned you the 'Damn sjw' title.

6 minutes ago, MortimusMaximus said:

Well, the environment was toxic because people would do something, say, transphobic, and when I would point it out, not even argumentatively, I was being told I was too aggressive or that I needed to get thicker skin essentially by the majority of the people on the forum. Moderators would also side with the whole 'everyone is entitled to their own opinion' which is a bullshit way dismissing the issue. So yeah. A not very fun, toxic environment where sticking up for a minority earned you the 'Damn sjw' title.

well, shit like that doesn't really fly esp because some of the mods are. Also bc its right there in the rules. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 12.25.32.png

3 hours ago, Lemon said:

well, shit like that doesn't really fly esp because some of the mods are. Also bc its right there in the rules. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 12.25.32.png

Aaaa, speaking of rules, can I have a link to them? I've been looking myself but I haven't been able to find them... RIP.

3 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Welcome to the forums!

Out of curiosity, could you explain how it is you are agender and still go by male pronouns?

Honestly, I need to edit my post because I managed to goof my own pronouns. I go by he/him or they/theirs. Essentially I don't ID as one gender or another, but I have medically transitioned to be 'male' so I use he/him sometimes for ease of people who don't really "get it." I'm generally fine with any pronouns that aren't she/her. Hope that clarifies some!

3 hours ago, willow said:

tumblr_nx8vnmJb8j1ql5yr7o2_400.gif

highfive.gif.6a78ab1dbcedb1ba0a4f721c70236668.gif

And to the others I haven't quoted, thanks for the warm welcome!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I really don't mean to be rude, but how does being agender and transgender at the same time work? It's kind of confusing to think about.

Honestly, questions aren't rude. I'd rather someone ask questions than be an asshole to me, provided of course, they realize, I'm not obligated to answer anything I'm uncomfortable with! Transgender is more of an umbrella term in this case. Being transgender, by definition, is being someone whose gender identity does not align with what they were assigned at birth. It's not necessarily limited to just trans males and females (or as most people know them, FtM or MtFs). So an agender person would also be transgender since they do not ID with any gender (including their birth gender).

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, MortimusMaximus said:

Aaaa, speaking of rules, can I have a link to them? I've been looking myself but I haven't been able to find them... RIP.

No prob brosef

Just now, george99g said:

Thanks! I'll read what I can until that bug gets fixed. Greatly appreciated!

• Like 1
Just now, MortimusMaximus said:

Thanks! I'll read what I can until that bug gets fixed. Greatly appreciated!

No problem!

If you know what I'm talking about, you can pop open the inspector in your browser and look at the iframe responsible for the embed. The link should be visible on the src attribute.

Hi there, and welcome from another species with sharp claws and teeth! That's an amazing avi pic, I really like it! But ya seem too nice to be biting folks, unless they were mean. Hope you have an enjoyable time here. (and I'm reminded I need to save up, and getsome artwork, one of these days)

(Oh, those pics on your friends page of Trump pulling the colored flags out of his nose provided some much needed humor. Thanks; I'm gonna have to share those with a good number of people.)

• Like 2

Ah thanks! WELL I mean I can bite when prodded the wrong way, so I suppose that qualifies as someone being mean, haha. And yeah, I'm hoping so, I like what I see so far. Like I said in my earlier posts, my last experience on a forum I frequented for over eight years kinda blew up in my face.

And oh my god, no problem. It's honestly one of my favorite things ridiculing that man.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, MortimusMaximus said:

Honestly, I need to edit my post because I managed to goof my own pronouns. I go by he/him or they/theirs. Essentially I don't ID as one gender or another, but I have medically transitioned to be 'male' so I use he/him sometimes for ease of people who don't really "get it." I'm generally fine with any pronouns that aren't she/her. Hope that clarifies some!

That makes much more sense, and I understand that sentiment

Also bully breeds are best breeds!