Wrecker

I'd like to begin to describe how fucking mad shit like this makes me, but I probably couldn't put it into point. Bottom line, guns should be pointed elsewhere when you have COMPLETE FUCKS like these lobbying for bullshit like this.

What fucking year do we live in, what fucking year is it? Fuck me. The best thing I can think of is at least I live in Canada and that means fuck all. Fuck.

@Wrecker I'll admit those videos made me snort.

These are people living somewhat naturally:

doginIrianJayaIndonesia.jpg

These are not:

hqdefault.jpg

It's amusing to see some rednecks think that walking "nature's path" involves wearing mass-produced clothes and wielding mass-produced guns produced by the industrial system they so dislike.

1 hour ago, Wrecker said:

I'd like to begin to describe how fucking mad shit like this makes me, but I probably couldn't put it into point. Bottom line, guns should be pointed elsewhere when you have COMPLETE FUCKS like these lobbying for bullshit like this.

What fucking year do we live in, what fucking year is it? Fuck me. The best thing I can think of is at least I live in Canada and that means fuck all. Fuck.

Apparently it's 1861 ^__^

I mean, props for having a half-decent vocab.

Personally, I'll take my glass-paneled, wifi-enabled habitat. Sounds much nicer than hiking through the forest in Abercrombie and Fitch © brand camo gear, and trying to shoot a pheasant with an AR-15.

I for one have no issue with hunters, provided they respect nature and use the animals they kill. 

At the same time, those videos are nothing but shitty propaganda that preys upon people's emotions and pits them against those who share a different viewpoint.

Also, you can't call hunting with guns "natural". Bow and arrow, maybe. But guns are manufactured in buildings made of brick and glass, the same buildings these videos detest. Kind of ironic if you ask me.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

I for one have no issue with hunters, provided they respect nature and use the animals they kill. 

At the same time, those videos are nothing but shitty propaganda that preys upon people's emotions and pits them against those who share a different viewpoint.

Also, you can't call hunting with guns "natural". Bow and arrow, maybe. But guns are manufactured in buildings made of brick and glass, the same buildings these videos detest. Kind of ironic if you ask me.

Good point. I know what it looks like to machine a component for something like a fluid or gas pump. The steel has to be the correct composition, the heat-treatment must be right to ensure that it is proper for the process it's supposed to handle, and it must be balanced to damn near perfection to ensure it won't vibrate itself into destruction under operation. Guaran-fucking-teed you have to do something very similar for something that is supposed to fire a projectile in a straight line. Entire steel mills for supply with batch production and traceable heat numbers, precision lathes, CNC machines, stupid expensive heat controlled furnaces, coaters and the works. Steel doesn't just come out of the ground ready to go, though I bet a person sure feels like they're right there with nature watching some chunk of steel get milled to a few thousandths of an inch tolerance in a fucking factory.

Those videos were an official release from the NRA. What the fuck kind of glue are they on? Fucking cunts were just waiting for their time to shine with a fucking piece of shit in charge.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

Good point. I know what it looks like to machine a component for something like a fluid or gas pump. The steel has to be the correct composition, the heat-treatment must be right to ensure that it is proper for the process it's supposed to handle, and it must be balanced to damn near perfection to ensure it won't vibrate itself into destruction under operation. Guaran-fucking-teed you have to do something very similar for something that is supposed to fire a projectile in a straight line. Entire steel mills for supply with batch production and traceable heat numbers, precision lathes, CNC machines, stupid expensive heat controlled furnaces, coaters and the works. Steel doesn't just come out of the ground ready to go, though I bet a person sure feels like they're right there with nature watching some chunk of steel get milled to a few thousandths of an inch tolerance in a fucking factory.

Those videos were an official release from the NRA. What the fuck kind of glue are they on? Fucking cunts were just waiting for their time to shine with a fucking piece of shit in charge.

Perhaps they could use one of these:

spear_detail.jpg

Made 100% from local materials using local tools, and they're reusable ;D

Wow. I mean, I'm pro hunting as long as it's an animal that is over abundant, like deer and you actually make use of the meat and hide. But christ almighty those vids are some pretentious bullshit. Hunting isn't some magical return to a more natural life. For people living in first world countries hunting is usually just a hobby. It's recreation. If I'm being honest I'd do it, but I wouldn't be doing it because "it's the natural way". The reality is that I'd only be doing it because single deer would feed me cheaply for a long time. Deer is also more nutritious than beef and, if you're not being a wasteful asshole, moderate hunting is easier on the environment than raising livestock. But that has fuck all to do with "returning to nature." And it's not like I'd suddenly stop going to the damn store to get food, or living in a house, or using the internet. Idk I find I'm more sold on hunting when I can weigh the pros and cons from a level of financial and dietary practicality and less when it's based on a bunch of romanticized bullshit. 

I'd argue that evolving past the need for hunting is what's actually natural for humans. We are complex and advanced, it's natural for us to seek out ways to make life easier and more efficient so we can fart around and invent shit. That's practically the point of being human. And connecting with nature CAN go hand in hand with hunting if that's what personally speaks to you, but the two things aren't dependent on each other. You can get in tune with nature by taking a fuckin' walk. Also, nature is a cunt. Maybe sometimes I don't want to play by her rules and be forced to traipse through the woods like a savage just because I need food. 

Hell, I had an encounter with nature this morning when I chased a groundhog out of my garden. Bitch was trying to eat my beans. But well I guess these guys would figure growing crops is trying to "force nature to fit my feelings." Well, years of dealing with her has made me think nature is an asshole. She keeps sending her minions to steal my food so I don't feel at all bad about trying to resist her. NYEH!

• Like 5

For hunters and hunting, I have no qualms wit it as long as no parts are going to waste and there's absolutely 100% proof that certain animals are causing irreversible destruction to an ecosystem if people are going to use the overpopulation excuse. An example would be an over population of elk overgrazing a riverbank and causing soil erosion.

Plus, there are other ways to get in touch with nature without shooting something or going "muh gunzzz muh rightssss" and shooting a random wolf taking a shit.

21 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Most hunters I know use bows because they don't feel like digging for bullets in their venison roast. 

Are you a Viking?

You take people's land?

On one hand yeah it's propaganda for sure. On the other hand I don't know why we worry about how much goes to waste if someone (basically small groups) is hunting. I can only imagine how much goes to waste when we eat regularly. The difference is of course mass consumption. As long as people aren't poaching or hunting endangered species, it's whatever. Most people can't stomach hunting.

On 2017-05-10 at 10:55 AM, QT Melon said:

Are you a Viking?

You take people's land?

On one hand yeah it's propaganda for sure. On the other hand I don't know why we worry about how much goes to waste if someone (basically small groups) is hunting. I can only imagine how much goes to waste when we eat regularly. The difference is of course mass consumption. As long as people aren't poaching or hunting endangered species, it's whatever. Most people can't stomach hunting.

Small populations of people are fuck all with 321 million people living in the states, and 7 billion living in the world. When you can grab a gun, put yourself in a tree stand or blind and bait or call whatever game you're looking for and tie yourself among a percentile among millions, shit stacks up. There's a reason near or whole populations have gone extinct in the past, as soon as regulations don't exist, it's fucking game on, especially with special interest groups tied into politics and whatever you're shooting at doesn't stand a chance.

Even a small demographic among a shit-pile of potential is a problem, and it's been proven to be so. There's lots of genuine people out there that hunt to pack their freezers, and there's those that are out there fucking kill because they hate something or want a trophy on their wall. Open the season up, and the quotas will be filled regardless of the animal in question and that the lottery isn't bought into by animal rights organizations.

In addition to where it has been mentioned earlier, I fucking hate the whole bow hunting is a better option phenomenon, because although you give what you're shooting at a better chance, you're still firing a much more blunt projectile with a lot less accuracy into organs that will most likely lead the target into a slow and painful death. How often do you hear about hunters tracking their bleeding out targets that have been struck by an arrow in contrast to a bullet? If you have to hunt, do it for food, and do it quickly for fuck sakes.

• Like 2

I think the reason hunting can be such a problem is because the prey populations are already low, which is a result of our settlements taking up their living space, their food and their peace 

And if you do feel compelled to hunt, then for the sake of convenience and for the better of the prey, please do use a gun and try to aim to the head for a swift kill. I agree on that. 

5 hours ago, Wrecker said:

In addition to where it has been mentioned earlier, I fucking hate the whole bow hunting is a better option phenomenon, because although you give what you're shooting at a better chance, you're still firing a much more blunt projectile with a lot less accuracy into organs that will most likely lead the target into a slow and painful death. How often do you hear about hunters tracking their bleeding out targets that have been struck by an arrow in contrast to a bullet? If you have to hunt, do it for food, and do it quickly for fuck sakes.

What about the harm to the environment/ecosystem that's done to produce the guns and bullets? Or is that okay because it's out of sight and out of mind? ;P

On 09/05/2017 at 7:02 PM, LazerMaster5 said:

So are most modern bows. I fire a 50lb compound myself (I'm a target archer, not a hunter) and those things are pretty tech.

Frankly, though, I'd treat 'natural' in this context as a continuum rather than an either/or. There are plenty of tool-using animals out there. If something either is or isn't natural you have a problem. Either tool-using animals are not natural, or using AK47's is.

• Like 2

These are like angry, resentful versions of those ridiculous off-road car ads and make about as much sense. What are they selling?

On 5/9/2017 at 7:12 PM, Feelwell said:

I mean, props for having a half-decent vocab.

Personally, I'll take my glass-paneled, wifi-enabled habitat. Sounds much nicer than hiking through the forest in Abercrombie and Fitch © brand camo gear, and trying to shoot a pheasant with an AR-15.

Although that does sound way more hilarious.