Hello!

This place seems reasonably chill.

A few of you probably know me from elsewhere. To those who don't, well, I guess this is a blank slate!

I guess I should actually introduce myself. I'm bad at that but, hey, here goes nothing.

I talk a lot and have an excess of opinions. I make weird music under two or three pseudonyms. I've arguably been a furry since middle school but didn't really admit it to myself until maybe five or six years ago, and then fairly tentatively. My New Year's resolution was to finally launch a webcomic I've been planning in one form or another for nearly a decade by the end of this year; this has been coming along quite slowly, to say the least. I try to be friendly and fair with basically everyone, but sometimes this backfires badly. I've been in a relationship for four years now and that's going pretty well; the beau is also a furry, and has even worse/weirder taste in anime than I do—we are maybe the only two people on Earth to consider Alien Nine essential viewing.

This is beginning to feel a lot like Burroughs' book about cats, so I should probably stop.

P.S. The avatar is from Cate Wurtz' Microwave Planet, specifically the character Moya. I can relate.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums!

Seems like you'd fit in here pretty well. There are a few outbursts of pretty fierce drama every now and then, but other than that, the place is pretty calm.

What point have you reached with your webcomic? Anything you want to share with us?
Anything in particular that's slowing you down?

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone.

1 hour ago, fennecbyte said:

What point have you reached with your webcomic? Anything you want to share with us?

Anything in particular that's slowing you down?

Mostly lots of plans and some preliminary sketches and such. I have a good chunk of it written out as prose; until late last year I felt too insecure in my drawing ability to make it into a comic so I was resigned to leaving it in novel form. But then I decided to throw caution to the wind and jump headlong into sequential art with the hope that, at the very least, I will improve with time. My main setbacks have been... well, clinical depression and physical health issues, plus general procrastination.

I'll gladly share stuff when I have something that isn't either way old or super janky.

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Howdy there! Welcome to Phoenixed!  What kind of webcomic are you looking to produce?

Oh dear, this question. It's a long story, but basically I started writing a somewhat subverted high fantasy story with weird Ligottian/Lovecraftian overtones and Roaring Twenties technology levels and it got really, really convoluted over time.

1 hour ago, Battlechili said:

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay!

>anime fan

Oooh. Out of curiosity, could you name some shows you're especially fond of? Love anime.

To name a few: Haibane Renmei, Mononoke, Texhnolyze, The Tatami Galaxy, the aforementioned Alien Nine, Revolutionary Girl Utena, the Monogatari series, Kill La Kill, Paranoia Agent, Yurikuma Arashi, the 2011 Hunter x Hunter adaptation, Welcome to the NHK!, what I've seen of Shiki and Gankutsuou... and so forth. In terms of films: My Neighbour Totoro and Cat Soup.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mandragoras said:

Oh dear, this question. It's a long story, but basically I started writing a somewhat subverted high fantasy story with weird Ligottian/Lovecraftian overtones and Roaring Twenties technology levels and it got really, really convoluted over time.

Now from this snippet alone i can tell you're pretty cool. Welcome to the forums, it's...certainly interesting here, and hopefully it'll only become more interesting with time.

I haven't read any webcomics in years but i'd certainly be interested in reading this from the description of the world alone. Wish you the best of luck with the story.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Mandragoras said:

A good use of one's time. Keeps a fellow in shape, at the very least.

You do not want to see me dance. Not so much because it is embarrassing—although it certainly is—as because I tend to, uhhh, flail. A lot.

I can do very basic dancing, but I mostly just spin flags and shit