Risk Taker or Safety Minded?

Moogle

Or balanced between the two? 

Taking a risk to further better yourself is a terrific way for self improvement (career, social & personal wise). Likewise however, it can be a pretty rough downfall depending on the stakes and can almost seem like gambling. That's where a good ol' safety net can look pretty enticing to stay above, and if you're currently in a good spot within your life, you may not want to budge at all. 

So, where abouts do you guys stand on a risky scale? Have you ever had to make that "win big or lose it all" type of decision, or do you live comfortably within the safezone? For myself, I've always been cautious and tend to lean more on the more lax alternatives in situations (boringggg!). Definitely safety minded!

• Like 2

A little of both. I consider myself a fairly game and spontaneous person when presented with the opportunity, and I certainly have an impulsive streak; but by the same token, I think I have much better common sense then some people, including some of the very friends who have chided me for my tendency to do things like, say, strike up conversations with random strangers. Perhaps it's because, at the end of the day, my priorities are different from most people's, so although I do think a lot about what I want to do next, what I give more or less weight is different. This has not always worked out for me, but it works well enough.

• Like 1

I enjoy calculated risks.  I do stuff every day that many people would consider risky and dangerous.  But I've put in the time and I know exactly what the risks are and how to mitigate them.  So I guess to me I'm actually not that much of a risk taker, but an outside observer may judge me differently.  

• Like 1

Safety-minded, to the extreme that I miss out on a lot of shit I'd rather do due to overthinking and paranoia.

On the other end of the spectrum, sometimes I just go crazy and do shit like drinking myself into oblivion, and taking drugs that I haven't properly researched, or using my hair as a trial and error test subject for bleaches and colors, so there's that too.

I gamble with my health. I don't gamble with anything else though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Safety is really important for me

>has plants on terace that can kill you because they are poisonous

Honestly I am so safety minded I never visit discos or clubs because i dont want to get in contact with alcohol or being beaten up.

Where the hell did you find a Disco?

Honestly you're probably not very safety oriented if you time traveled.

I'm pretty safety minded tbh, I don't really like taking risks and much prefer to have a firm grasp on a situation before I do anything. Risk taking isn't really my thing.

• Like 1

I'm honestly the opposite of Vae. I don't gamble very much with my health, but I'm kind of impulsive and will take risks on a lot of other things. Though usually I'll at least consider what the possible rewards or consequences are before taking the risk.

• Like 1

Depends on the situation.

If the risks of the situation involve being physically hurt or getting in trouble from other people, I will be way too stressed out to enjoy the thought of living on the edge.

In the context of things like running a business however, I will go bankrupt for trying too many weird ideas simply because they're not considered safe options. :0